• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
there, i said it

every single title from kid icarus to the the OoT remake, and everything from Xenoblade x to..uh xenoblade X

this is a golden opportunity to close all gaps between the switch releases, port the shit out of everything, and i'll gladly buy them ALL

gimme one reason for this to not happen

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
get an old console if you want those old games, they aren't gone all of a sudden. 3DS isn't even niche like WiiU and the games are easily available unlike something like Seiken Densetsu 3. new games for a new platform or gtfo. it's been way too much old shit for switch already.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It would cost way too much and not make nearly enough back. Both systems are dual screen systems, you can't just magically put them on a one screen platform without effort.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England

Hello Nintendo, I would love to release a game for your platform, but you have flooded the release schedule with ports thereby reducing the market I can sell in to at any one point in time.

See also: just put all games on Online service in one fat bunch rather than dropping them in gradually.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I feel like OoT and MM could be put together in a double pack, but the assets would need touching up. But yeah, maybe not worth it, but OoT is so culturally significant I'm sure it'd be worth it if Nintendo put the effort into it.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England

This too. You need a gap in-between titles for:

Marketing journey.
Recoup costs without introducing competition for your title yourself.
Not interfere with the fresh IP release calendar.

Obviously, if you view things through the basic consumer "just give me everything all at once and it is pro-consumer" lens, it sounds like a good idea. It is fundamentally flawed once you start to look at it through all the other angles that are involved.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Just buy a 3DS, you can also use it to play DS gems.

The best Wii U games are already ported or will be soon.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
there, i said it

every single title from kid icarus to the the OoT remake, and everything from Xenoblade x to..uh xenoblade X

this is a golden opportunity to close all gaps between the switch releases, port the shit out of everything, and i'll gladly buy them ALL

Why stop with those two? I want Switch ports for every video game ever released since 1977.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I always find it strange when fans try to tell companies what they "should" do.
Believe me, they know what they "should" do.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
What a novel and totally not absolutely ludicrous idea.

Also people would complain about "wasted resources" and "they look like PSOne games".
(not that I'm entertaining the idea at all)

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd like them too I think games that are really dependent on two screens would be difficult to port.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
You realise the 3DS is dual screen hardware with a different kind of touch screen? You can't just dump those games on a single screen device with a capacitive screen. Even the DS attempt with TWEWY on Switch was dreadful with a significantly worse control scheme bordering on unplayable along with compromises due to the lack of a second screen.

The bridge to dual screen games will likely never happen, the 3DS is the final destination for most of those games so best pick one up now while they're still being produced.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
At the fastest speed that would be reasonable to expect, yes.
I'd agree if the thread was about Nintendo's titles for the Wii U, but it's not. It's about the ENTIRE library of both the Wii U and 3DS. Third parties haven't been doing this. Nintendo hasn't been doing this for their 3DS games.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
3DS games? There are about 3 on Switch

It's pretty clear they are prioritising Wii U ones first, and logically so. Doing both at a good pace at the same time is literally impossible and stupid to attempt unless they outsourced most of it.

With a huge chunk of the Wii U exclusives done already, and only a few left, it goes without saying that you can expect more 3DS ones to come soon.

For a console that literally only came out 2 years ago and has had a lot of new games too, that's an unbelievable pace for backwards ports.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I'd agree if the thread was about Nintendo's titles for the Wii U, but it's not. It's about the ENTIRE library of both the Wii U and 3DS. Third parties haven't been doing this. Nintendo hasn't been doing this for their 3DS games.

Fair point. Nintendo couldn't realistically do any more then the are already doing, that was my point, but several third parties are slacking, I'd agree with that.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's pretty clear they are prioritising Wii U ones first, and logically so. Doing both at a good pace at the same time is literally impossible and stupid to attempt unless they outsourced most of it.

With a huge chunk of the Wii U exclusives done already, and only a few left, it goes without saying that you can expect more 3DS ones to come soon.

For a console that literally only came out 2 years ago and has had a lot of new games too, that's an unbelievable pace for backwards ports.

I can't see how most 3DS games would work, TWEWY was a mess (and bombed).

They would need to work a lot more on these games than on Wii U titles, and it's just not worth imo.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Kid Icarus, 3D World and Xenoblade X are the only ones I think are really worth bringing over. After that would rather have the resources spent on new projects

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
They can't just flood the market with 100 games. They have to develop them, market them, space out their releases logically etc.

Not to mention, who is going to buy ports of Chibi Robo Zip Lash and Hey! Pikmin on Switch?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3DS is a bit of a stretch given the form factor difference. They'd need decent reworks in a lot of cases or be awkward and odd. And also, a lot of them will look ugly as butts.

That being said, if it was a game that didn't heavily use the dual screens, then sure.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I can't see how most 3DS games would work, TWEWY was a mess (and bombed).

They would need to work a lot more on these games than on Wii U titles, and it's just not worth imo.

A lot probably aren't worth doing or would be better off just doing a sequel for sure.

There's still a fair amount that would be worthwhile though, and I'd say we'll see the majority of them