• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for the Console Enhanced versions. So close, yet so far. Just a fools hope that they fix HDR.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
New player here. Started playing ESO on my Series S this week and I'm really enjoying it!

Some background: not much of an online player, I prefer single-player or local multiplayer games. That said, I played a bit of WoW solo because I like exploring huge worlds, and when the world is cool I get addicted to grinding, farming and doing fetch quests (part of the reason I played Xenoblade X for 300 hours). Played Skyrim for 200 hours, played Morrowind for about 10 hours.

Well, this doesn't really feel like an Elder Scrolls game. I even changed from 1st to 3rd person and pulled the camera as far back as I could, the game feels a lot better to me this way. Of course, there's that ES flavor everywhere, but it's more on the MMO side... and I like it.

Haven't played much of the main quest yet, but it looks more interesting and deep than what I expected from an MMO (even standard quests have interesting dialogue and development). I don't see much praise for it online, but the soundtrack is also very good. I know Jeremy Soule is a big name, but it seems to me this OST was mostly done by Brad Derrick, right? Can't find much info about the guy, but I like his work here.

I'm playing a nightblade who dual wields daggers -- I absolutely suck at building characters and choosing skills/equipment, so I just go with what looks fun to me. For some reason, I thought it would be fun to create my own armor, so I'm wearing a crappy medium armor set I made. Also making my own daggers, but the plan is not to go too deep into blacksmithing (only daggers for now). Whenever I get some loot with special features, I do research (and so break the item) in hopes of adding said features into the stuff I make in the future.

This looks like a chill game I can step in and out easily. Great for both short and long sessions. I think I'll be playing this a lot and I''m excited about the 60fps upgrade in June!

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
The main questline in Northern Elsweyr is really good so far and it makes me sad knowing that whatever Bethesda comes up with for TESVI probably won't be even half as interesting.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming back after a break and starting a new character. Though, I really don't feel like starting and going through Summerset again…
Just skip it until you feel like going back not like there's a shortage of skill points or Skyshards without it. It's also the end of the Daedric Wars story arc so it's not awkwardly in the middle or the start of something else.
Anyone selling crowns PC/NA pm me

I use Tamriel Crown Exchange Discord. Gold to crowns is inflated but at least it's trustworthy.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
There's an event on right now until May 20th which doubles all exp and material/gold loot, so if there was ever a time to farm mats, it's now. It stacks with the craft tree champion points too so you get even more mat yields per node.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Bought the Blackwood edition with all previous expansions. Playing on Xbox EU. Really looking forward to the next gen patch. Playing a magden, slowly going through all the zones. This is going to be that game I turn back to regularly to fool around and do some quests. Looked up a zone guide on Reddit so I go through the zones in the right order

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I just started as well and I'm liking it a lot so far. The only thing I struggle is inventory space. I get that ESO+ gives you the crafting bag, but I don't want to sub yet.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I just started as well and I'm liking it a lot so far. The only thing I struggle is inventory space. I get that ESO+ gives you the crafting bag, but I don't want to sub yet.

You can buy inventory upgrades with gold from pack merchants. 80 additional slots for a grand total of ~180k gold. And don't neglect your mount upgrades. That's an extra 60 slots (but you can only get 1 every 20 hours for 250 gold each). I always end up maxing speed first, though.

It's a bit of work, but I found setting up a "mule" guild to be worth the effort. You need to find 9 people to temporarily join up unlock the bank, but one they're gone, you have 500 slots all to yourself.

Apr 3, 2018
Thinking of jumping back into this game next week with my brother and my kid.

Played for maybe 20 hours when the 'rona took hold last year, but dropped it for a few reasons. But we are looking for something to fill the Destiny-sized hole in our hearts.

Want to make sure I have the right understanding here-- we can share quests with one another (as long as the other players are eligible) and we can progress through the story together? For example, my brother picks up a quest before I log in. He's able to share it with me, and we can accomplish the objectives/progress together (e.g. the shared quest says to kill 10 wolves, I kill 5 and he kills 5, and the quest would complete).

That roughly how it would work?

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I miss grouping with people in MMOs for even the basic quests...

But yes, that's generally how it will work. General quest objectives can be shared, but if it's a multi-part quest where the instance changes, there could be zoning issues where one person can enter a room and another can't, or they will have to solo it themselves.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hello..

I would like to try this game out, which version should I buy, it's so confusing.. Does it run well on XSX?

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Hello..

I would like to try this game out, which version should I buy, it's so confusing.. Does it run well on XSX?

Next gen version releases on the 15th and depends if you want just the base game, which comes included in game pass or if you want the new expansion with everything before it buy the Blackwood edition.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Next gen version releases on the 8th and depends if you want just the base game which comes included in game pass or if you want the new expansion with everything before it buy the Blackwood edition.
The native versions got delayed. Blackwood still releases on the 8th but the next gen update is a week later.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Thinking of jumping back into this game next week with my brother and my kid.

Played for maybe 20 hours when the 'rona took hold last year, but dropped it for a few reasons. But we are looking for something to fill the Destiny-sized hole in our hearts.

Want to make sure I have the right understanding here-- we can share quests with one another (as long as the other players are eligible) and we can progress through the story together? For example, my brother picks up a quest before I log in. He's able to share it with me, and we can accomplish the objectives/progress together (e.g. the shared quest says to kill 10 wolves, I kill 5 and he kills 5, and the quest would complete).

That roughly how it would work?
The main story has solo areas that will separate you, but the zone storyline quests can mostly be done as a group. Some quest objective progress will be shared and some quests will have you each collect the required amount of stuff, it's a mix. I started playing it with my co-op buddy during lockdown and it's been great fun doing the zone quests, bosses, dungeons etc together.

Last edited:

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hello..

Next gen version releases on the 15th and depends if you want just the base game, which comes included in game pass or if you want the new expansion with everything before it buy the Blackwood edition.

Let me add that the base game is filled with content. You can safely buy it and play it for a long time before you decide whether or not you want the expansion.

I got the base edition on Game Pass about a month ago. A week later, I was super into it and had that "I want to buy this thing" feeling, but it really made no sense to get more content at that point. Instead, I bought a month of ESO Plus (which adds many things, but I got it because it includes a bag with infinite space for crafting materials).

A month later, I'm still in love with the game, I'll keep my ESO Plus subscription active and it's still waaay to early to buy expansions ^_^ The base game really has an insane amount of content.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I witched to playing with a controller on PC like a dirty causal

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let me add that the base game is filled with content. You can safely buy it and play it for a long time before you decide whether or not you want the expansion.

I got the base edition on Game Pass about a month ago. A week later, I was super into it and had that "I want to buy this thing" feeling, but it really made no sense to get more content at that point. Instead, I bought a month of ESO Plus (which adds many things, but I got it because it includes a bag with infinite space for crafting materials).

A month later, I'm still in love with the game, I'll keep my ESO Plus subscription active and it's still waaay to early to buy expansions ^_^ The base game really has an insane amount of content.
Well if you're still playing it regularly, then yes, ESO Plus automatically gives you access to all expansions minus the latest release, so it's almost a no brainer.

If you ever needed to buy an xpac, buying the latest non-upgrade version will give you access to all previous xpacs as well. Something to think about if you're missing more than one xpac. (Conversely, buying the latest non-upgrade collector's edition will also give you all previous collector's edition perks as well.)

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've got to say... After suffering from FFXIV's inflexible gameplay for so long, ESO is a breath of fresh air where I can build however I want (mostly). Every damn character in FFXIV plays exactly the same depending on their class/role. There was no room for any diversification except for glamours in that game. It was just a boring exercise in button rotations/"mechanics" in the end for every encounter.

I'd like it even more if the attribute points we distribute on level up could create even more diverse characters, but I guess balancing it would be a nightmare.

Apr 3, 2018
Is there a way to pick your starting zone? My brother and I have rolled two different races/classes and are in different zones— wondering if there's a way we can start together and while also making progress in the MQ? I figure that if I leave to join up with him, I won't be making any progress in that front.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to pick your starting zone? My brother and I have rolled two different races/classes and are in different zones— wondering if there's a way we can start together and while also making progress in the MQ? I figure that if I leave to join up with him, I won't be making any progress in that front.
if you're on PC, there is now a choose your starting point tutorial area so you can both choose which chapter to start. If you're on console, you'll have to wait until Blackwood is released for that update.

If you're trying to play the original storyline (the one with the prophet), then you need to make sure you choose the same alliance when creating your character.

Bmed

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing this casually on and off for a year and I'm really enjoying what companions bring to the game in the latest expansion, in particular they've allowed myself and my partner who also plays very casually to run some dungeons together and I'm excited to see how far we can go with just the two of us and my companion. Hopefully they bring them to all players eventually!

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
If you're on console the update with the new tutorial and choice of starting zone arrives tomorrow:
Update 30 Preview—New Tutorial - The Elder Scrolls Online

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Blackwood's zone music has to be up there as one of the best in the game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
ESO PLAYERS! Wasn't the next gen update supposed to hit on June 8th? I can't find any fidelity/performance mode toggle in my game and it's definitely still 30fps. Am I doing something wrong?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Is the next gen update an entirely new download like most next gen versions? I've held off downloading the game because I assumed it would be rather than a patch since it's getting all new textures and stuff

terrible1fi

Jun 4, 2019
no idea but according to a dev post on their forum it goes live at 7am EST time so I'll be downloading after that time

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping this would land as a 4K/60FPS title, since it is already 4K/30FPS on One X. Nope. All the way down to 1440p to get 60FPS on Series X.

Garwoofoo

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope they have (but don't expect them to have) fixed the insane HDR implementation on the console versions.