• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
de5eeb7520fbc708f4b45d1e0ae9ef9b.jpg

Looks like Summerset

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Are the communities decent still regardless of platform? I have been so on the teeter with this game and the next expansion looks sweet, but is the Pc community pretty strong? I could play it on X, Pc or ps4... Would like to go where it's easier to get people to do things

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Are the communities decent still regardless of platform? I have been so on the teeter with this game and the next expansion looks sweet, but is the Pc community pretty strong? I could play it on X, Pc or ps4... Would like to go where it's easier to get people to do things

There's a free weekend going on right now on all platforms, so jump in and see for yourself. I don't play often but PC seems plenty populated.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
All 3 are pretty populated so you'll have no issues with group content on any version.

I would recommend PC version though if you have a decent rig.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
All 3 are pretty populated so you'll have no issues with group content on any version.

I would recommend PC version though if you have a decent rig.

Yea, I rock a 1080 ti etc... Even tho it's no major deal to turn it on, i love that I can just switch to it at any point if I were to go with the X. But I'll most likely go Pc.

So let me just get clarification, is the game the type where I can play a good bit of even end game stuff solo or is end game just totally geared to running group stuff?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Most end game stuff is group content. You can play something called Maelstrom Arena solo which is like a horde mode but ymmv because it gets boring fast running it over and over, but some people enjoy making good builds and perfecting their times/scores.

Before that you can practically play the entire game solo.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Most end game stuff is group content. You can play something called Maelstrom Arena solo which is like a horde mode but ymmv because it gets boring fast running it over and over, but some people enjoy making good builds and perfecting their times/scores.

Before that you can practically play the entire game solo.

How does end game work, I'm no stranger to mmos and raiding etc... But debating if I'd want to add another game with that type of end game commitment.

Are they group finder quests? Or actual setup raids like old mmos needing tanks, healers etc?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It's pretty standard MMO dungeon/raiding.

There's 2 types, 4-man group dungeons and 12-man trials which are harder. Each dungeon has a normal and hard mode with better loot being acquired in the hard mode versions. There is a group finder tool but it's pretty bad and only worth it if you want to run a normal dungeon that's not too complicated because you can't rely on randoms for the hard content so if you want to be serious with end game PvE you need a guild.

Same setups with tanks, dps, and healer.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
That's cool to see it still has a classic setup. I will probably feel it out a bit.

How long are the 12 man raids in a decent group? I don't mind joining a guild and getting going eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I always been meaning to play this, but I play so casually. I even bought the morrowind expansion at some point, but I never really got to play in it. =(

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Quick question, I have eso on my Pc but it was downloaded from its launch via their website. If I buy Morrowind from steam will it pickup my eso and install properly? Steam says that base game has to be on steam , but would adding it to steam games work?

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I took a month break to catch up on some other games, but plan to slowly ease my way back in before Summerset drops in June. Looking forward to playing with some PS4 ERA peeps again soon.

OP
OP
Taker34

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
That's cool to see it still has a classic setup. I will probably feel it out a bit.

How long are the 12 man raids in a decent group? I don't mind joining a guild and getting going eventually.
On normal it takes about 20 minutes in a good group for any normal trial. Veteran highly depends on the trial. vHoF / vMoL are extremely hard for normal players so estimates don't make sense as you spend weeks or months, trying to practice a completion in a group for those. vAA, vSO and vHR take about 25-45 minutes for a casual group. The mini trial vAS is also rather short with roughly 20-30 minutes.

Absolutely depends on your group; you may get stuck for hours in a trial if there are many inexperienced players in your team.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I thought trials allowed the larger group size as well. I think the pvp group size is 24 isn't it?

PS4 is well populated if you went that route. The recent updates changed and added so much. I haven't been playing much lately and trying to even figure out the outfit system confused me today. Also is the furniture with storage expensive or had to make?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
MMO's can be dangerous. I don't play this hardcore or any MMO's like I used to when I was younger. Literally years spent playing MMO's and missing out on all other games being released. lol

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
MMO's can be dangerous. I don't play this hardcore or any MMO's like I used to when I was younger. Literally years spent playing MMO's and missing out on all other games being released. lol

Yea same although I do love mmos still, I just am tryin to cram to much in.

The game seems like it'd be solid at end game.

I'm torn because I have an old Char on ps4, but I have my Pc or Shiney new X to possibly play it on but it'd be a restart

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The good thing with this game is it's a very casual MMO, IMO. Easy to log in, do some things, and log off and feel like you did something with your time. Questing is solo and feels like any other Elder Scrolls game.

As for system it depends how much CP do you have on your PS4 character? If it's pretty high you can probably stick with that, otherwise it's easy to hit 50 pretty fast if you switch to PC, and the Jester's Festival is coming up I think which will grant a 100% XP boost so it's a perfect time to switch to PC if you decide to go that route.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
The good thing with this game is it's a very casual MMO, IMO. Easy to log in, do some things, and log off and feel like you did something with your time. Questing is solo and feels like any other Elder Scrolls game.

As for system it depends how much CP do you have on your PS4 character? If it's pretty high you can probably stick with that, otherwise it's easy to hit 50 pretty fast if you switch to PC, and the Jester's Festival is coming up I think which will grant a 100% XP boost so it's a perfect time to switch to PC if you decide to go that route.

Are people using mods and shit on Pc?

And my PS4 char I have no clue, he was just a chsr I leveled to cap.. Don't even remember what cp I had or what that is lol. But I had quit before cyrodiil came out.

Is this cross play if I buy thru Xbox and or ms store?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Are people using mods and shit on Pc?

And my PS4 char I have no clue, he was just a chsr I leveled to cap.. Don't even remember what cp I had or what that is lol. But I had quit before cyrodiil came out.

Is this cross play if I buy thru Xbox and or ms store?

Yeah, mods on PC, but nothing crazy like the single-player games. Lots of QoL stuff which is a huge perk for the PC version, actually.

No cross-play which sucks.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Morrowind includes the base game, yes. Other DLC like Orsinium, Dark Brotherhood etc. is not and either has to be paid with in-game currency called Crowns or everything unlocks if you sign up for ESO Plus which is their monthly sub option.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm not the best person to ask for good builds, I'm not big on keeping up with the best out there.

Pretty much anything is viable unless you want to get serious with end-game trials or PvP, though.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Had the base game since release and just got back into this over the last week. The new expansion seems like a great thing for me to dip in on since it will be like getting both expansions for 20 each :D

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
How well has this evolved since launch? Is it more solo friendly since launch? I remember some beginning monsters even hitting like a truck at me.

Should I get this on PC or Xbox? How's the population on Xbox......because if I can't play with my friends on Xbox on PC......I'll be forced to get the Xbox version.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
How well has this evolved since launch? Is it more solo friendly since launch? I remember some beginning monsters even hitting like a truck at me.

Should I get this on PC or Xbox? How's the population on Xbox......because if I can't play with my friends on Xbox on PC......I'll be forced to get the Xbox version.

The game is so much better now than at launch it's crazy. I felt this game was always solo friendly but ever since the Tamriel Unlimited update which scaled every zone to your level it's mostly a solo experience minus end-game raids and PvP.

There's no cross play, so play whatever system your friends are on.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
The game is so much better now than at launch it's crazy. I felt this game was always solo friendly but ever since the Tamriel Unlimited update which scaled every zone to your level it's mostly a solo experience minus end-game raids and PvP.

There's no cross play, so play whatever system your friends are on.

Thanks bizzy, the level scaling is fucking awesome. This means no half adding storylines or quests and waiting. God this makes me pumped to buy the summerset collectors since it comes with morrowind

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I tried to install this today and ran into issues during the 'updater', and then when I did some googling it seemed a lot of people needed to go in and manually set a bunch of .exe files in the steam install folder to Run as Administrator, so I did that and the updater worked, but now it won't connect to Steam?

Like how the hell is anyone playing this through Steam if it doesn't work by default on Windows 10? All I get is "Unable to initialize connection to Steam"

edit: Manually going into the install folder and starting the separate "Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe" works, but that doesn't have whatever Steam provides for the free weekend, so I guess I'm screwed.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I had a go of the free weekend yesterday, and it seems pretty fun to be honest. It looks and runs pretty damn well to be honest, which is surprising for a Bethesda game.

I'm just kinda confused as to how I'd jump into it. Would I be good to go if I get Summerset in June, or would I need to buy Tamriel and Morrowind on top of that?
Also, could I play the character that I made on the Xbox free trial on the PS4?

SR_Rossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AT
How does end game work,

Are they group finder quests? Or actual setup raids like old mmos needing tanks, healers etc?

End game consists of 2 things really:
-4 man veteran dungeons with the goal to get the speedrun, hardmode and no death achievement (you get a skin as a reward most of the time with the new dungeons) and they can be very hard even for really good players

-12 man trials/raids in veteran mode. The first goal is to beat them, then the hardmode, then to get on the leaderboards. They get from easy to doable to very very hard. You want to do trials for bis gear.

Normal modes really aren't end game, they are very easy and can be pug'd easily. Veteran Maelstrom, the PvE challenge (it really isn't a hordemode like someone mentioned) has to be done for bis weapons and it can be very challenging for the first few times. Dying well over 200 times isn't something unheard of for players who are beginning with it. The great thing is that it isn't something unfair but you can see your progress as a player when getting better and better at it.

The mini trial vAS is also rather short with roughly 20-30 minutes.

Absolutely depends on your group; you may get stuck for hours in a trial if there are many inexperienced players in your team.

vAS (hm +2) is the hardest trial int the game. There aren't that many guilds who have done it :)
And you can get stuck for hours, weeks, months (that's normal for the first vMoL clear)

How are casters and melee classes currently?

If you really sink your teeth into endgame, both will be needed. Stamina is said to be more challenging to play (and with stamina classes you have a harder time with vMaelstrom because you don't have a shield) but one of the hardest classes to play is a magicka Nightblade (and it has incredible damage output if played good).

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
I had a go of the free weekend yesterday, and it seems pretty fun to be honest. It looks and runs pretty damn well to be honest, which is surprising for a Bethesda game.

I'm just kinda confused as to how I'd jump into it. Would I be good to go if I get Summerset in June, or would I need to buy Tamriel and Morrowind on top of that?
Also, could I play the character that I made on the Xbox free trial on the PS4?
I think Summerset comes with a free copy of Morrowind if you pre order. At least that's what the store on PSN was saying. Not sure about the base game but there is bound to be a bundle of some sort.

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
So impressed with this game on PC. Have not played since beta. They have come a long way. Think I will subscribe benefits seem worth the money.

OP
OP
Taker34

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
vAS (hm +2) is the hardest trial int the game. There aren't that many guilds who have done it :)
And you can get stuck for hours, weeks, months (that's normal for the first vMoL clear)
I'd say vMoL HM is much harder; it just doesn't seem like it because people had years to learn mechanics. Plus most folks glitched their Dro mathra destroyer titles.
vAS +2 isn't terribly hard with plenty of nightblades but at least on PS4 EU (endgame) guild drama, a lower endgame player count and the general state of endgame lead to many people having a hard time finding a good guild. We did +1 but the hardest enemy to fight are currently changing guild rosters and roles, more than anything else...

Nov 1, 2017
I added myself to the PS4 database, feel free to send me an invite to the guild anytime. I play somewhat casually but wouldn't mind taking on some trials.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
Havent played in ages. Got really bored with the game really quickly, but Summerset is one of my favorite locations lore-wise, so I pre-ordered the expansion to get Morrowind and I'm hopping back in. I remember level restrictions being lifted, but still getting my butt handed to me, so I'm not entirely sure how progression works in ESO.

Anyone else hopping back in right about now? I never made it very far in the mainstream content, but I intend to create a new character in Vvardenfell and just run that. Would love a few people to Discord and play with.