• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
esoheaderotkopiells0n.png

esoskillsuwj08.png

worldesokopiex1jtr.png

pvekopier2jud.png

musicu9jkj.png

buildsnhelpiiu53.png

PvE & PvP:
Alcast: https://alcasthq.com/
Deltia: http://deltiasgaming.com/

PvP only:
Feng Rush: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qKzzZV1yf_nnrPQc2YcWA
Sypher PK: http://www.sypherpk.com/

ESO ResetEra Roster:
Submission form: https://goo.gl/jhv5BH
Database view: https://goo.gl/6z79ib
(Created by dubq )

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I bought the game when it first released, and then pretty much never played it. I was thinking about jumping in but felt a little discouraged when I saw how much dlc there is.
What's important?

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game when it first released, and then pretty much never played it. I was thinking about jumping in but felt a little discouraged when I saw how much dlc there is.
What's important?
You mean as far as DLC? Depends on your playstyle, really. Shadows of the Hist and Horns of the Reach are probably the most ignorable; they both add two group dungeons so unless you're SUPER into that, you don't have to bother (and there's plenty of base game group dungeons and trials). Imperial City is mainly group content, so again unless you're into PvP or group PvE, not much there.

Morrowind and Orsinium are the two large expansions, each about the size of a full zone (if not a little larger), complete with main questlines, side quests, delves, world bosses, etc. If you're into general solo PvE stuff, those are what you probably want--but conversely there's no PvP stuff. Clockwork City is another general PvE DLC that adds a mini-region about the third the size of a normal one.

Lastly, Thieves Guild's and Dark Brotherhood's importance really depends on your playstyle. Do you WANT to join either guild? Otherwise, while they both add mini-regions that are extremely pretty, there won't be much for you there.

It should also be noted that while each DLC is self-contained, there has been a number of story threads brewing in the background from Orsinium to Dark Brotherhood to Morrowind to Clockwork City.

OP
OP
Taker34

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Thanks for making the OT!
Thanks for commenting :) this is my very first OT so I hope some people like it.

What's important?

There's a ton of DLC indeed but the good thing is you don't have to play the DLCs in order to have that complete experience. I'd even suggest to play the standard content first, before jumping into the DLCs - that is if you feel discouraged or overwhelmed. It's important to focus on a single zone for example, so you know how progression works. As soon as you're "done" with the zone in your opinion, you can go the next one. At that point you know how the game works on a big scale and it takes away that feeling of "there's more to do than I can handle".

Heon

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there were more quest slots. Especially with the quest-anywhere thing and all the cool DLC locations.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Very nice OT!

I just finished up getting 100 plunder skulls for my final Witches Festival achievement. Had to buy a few furnishing schematics that I didn't loot but otherwise I acquired all the loot, I think.

Haven't tried the Clockwork City DLC yet. I'll save that for when I'm done with Mario Odyssey. lol

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've enjoyed CC. Zone is gorgeous. Main story is up there with Orsinium. Trial is OK and different.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
This is my most played game this generation, and it also became a very dear MMORPG for me.

The storyline and most of the sidequests are really well written, the combat is fun, and the world itself is great.

Morrowind was a very good nostalgic ride and it also upped up a notch.

Can't wait for the Clockwork City DLC (PS4).

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Currently trying to balance Zelda Master Mode, Mario Odyssey, FFXIV, Divinity: Original Sin 2, and this.

Why am I only playing 50+ hour games. Please send help.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I've only got the base game and feel that "where/what should I be doing" at times. The base game has a ton of content and I enjoy bouncing from PVE, PVP and group dungeons. I'm trying to get more skill points doing skyshard runs and cadwells silver quests. I don't think I planned properly on my first character and wasted some still points.

I'm at CP 180 now. Is that a good level for vet dungeons? Also a few other questions. Would buying Morrowind be the next logical step or one of the DLC's and where do I get trials at? I keep seeing them mentioned but I've not ran across them yet.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't worry about wasting skills points since you can just rebuild. It's not that expensive.

You want to be at least cp160, so if you have decent gear and are comfortable in your role, you should be fine in non-DLC vet dungeons.

DLC vet dungeons are generally much harder.

The original three trials are in Craglorn, and there are three DLC trials now: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Trials

Best bet with trials is to get into a guild that does nTrial runs for newbies and then work you're way up.

OP
OP
Taker34

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I've only got the base game and feel that "where/what should I be doing" at times. The base game has a ton of content and I enjoy bouncing from PVE, PVP and group dungeons. I'm trying to get more skill points doing skyshard runs and cadwells silver quests. I don't think I planned properly on my first character and wasted some still points.

I'm at CP 180 now. Is that a good level for vet dungeons? Also a few other questions. Would buying Morrowind be the next logical step or one of the DLC's and where do I get trials at? I keep seeing them mentioned but I've not ran across them yet.

Everything Redshirt mentioned basically.

Just to add something to what you can do if you want to dive deeper into PVE:
DLC isn't a required step or even next step, as you'll already gain a good amount of skill points back by respecting your character. I'd say the DLCs are very nice additions to the base game zones and that's it. Also the most fun way to raise your CP level. Once you dive deep into veteran PVE content, DLCs do become required and expected but you should probably:

- get into Vet dungeons first. That way you're getting those monster helmets and shoulders which are basically required for many classes to be somewhat good. You won't get into good groups a lot of the times due to the difference in player experience. Just stick to it or join a guild / find friends to join you.

- make sure to check out current build guides/videos since you're over CP 160. Do you want to tank, heal or deal damage? In case you want to become a damage dealer (DD), you must choose between stamina and magicka. The latter one being more survivable, popular and flexible for quite a while already. While stamina is fluctuating between useless and on par with magicka.

- get into guilds. It's incredibly useful to be in a trading, beginner friendly PVE or PVP guild. You suddenly have so many resources and contacts at your disposal. You'll quickly get into trial runs if the guild is doing them and collect your first taste of more advanced group content.

Oct 28, 2017
I noticed that Big W here in Australia had the PS4 version of Morrowind for $35, so I jumped on that right away. I guess they start you in the Morrowind content instead of the regular base game which is a little confusing.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I noticed that Big W here in Australia had the PS4 version of Morrowind for $35, so I jumped on that right away. I guess they start you in the Morrowind content instead of the regular base game which is a little confusing.

You can play it in whatever order you prefer, but the story works pretty well imo starting with Morrowind and then moving onto your alliance zone.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit, ordered the Morrowind standard edition used for PS4 as part of a sale on Amazon not realizing that an activation code was necessary to actually play. My fault for not looking into this but the regular PS4 version (which I played and sold some time ago) didn't require one so I just assumed. So now I wait for a sale to upgrade or just cut my losses.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ah shit, ordered the Morrowind standard edition used for PS4 as part of a sale on Amazon not realizing that an activation code was necessary to actually play. My fault for not looking into this but the regular PS4 version (which I played and sold some time ago) didn't require one so I just assumed. So now I wait for a sale to upgrade or just cut my losses.

Maybe with the launch of the new DLC, CWC they decide to put older content on sale.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Well, it still has a lot of people playing. Specially on specific public spots, like Delvs, Public Dungeon or Dolmens, you always see a buttload of people.

Was doing a World Boss run the other day and it wasn't rare the times we reached the boss spot only to see another group leaving an the boss dead!

Although it is very important to be part of a Guild both casual but active! In my case it improved the game x100.

Also, the group Dungeons are some of the best I've seen in any MMORPG. Great pacing, just the right balance between challenge and difficulty.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I agree totally about the dungeons. It really is what sets ESO apart most.

Trials too, but from what I understand, are large percentage of the player base never even does an normal trial, which is a shame.

OP
OP
Taker34

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I agree totally about the dungeons. It really is what sets ESO apart most.

Trials too, but from what I understand, are large percentage of the player base never even does an normal trial, which is a shame.
Indeed. Especially trials are very fun and great endgame content. I started with normal trials about a year ago and just a couple of weeks ago, managed to get the golden skin. It can take month to find a perfect team for veteran trials, could be also a matter of minutes if you have good connections in the game. It slowly introduces you to the social aspect of the game and it's just so much fun. I never intended to play it as a multiplayer game and here I am with a successful trial guild and a bunch of very good friends.
Either way, completeting those normal/vet trials, starting to do hardmodes and ultimately getting those rare skins requires a lot of teamwork most of the time and the feeling of achievement at the end when you finally achieved your goal is just incredible.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Indeed, the Guild I'm in ofter schedules Trials on Saturdays morning, but I'm still not at the recommended level :| (lvl 50 160CP)

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you don't want to mess with a guild, you could go to Craglorn (on a Saturday for sure) and join one of the public nTrials.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Morrowind (physical copy) is $29 at Best buy and I think $27 on Amazon. Any chance it'll go lower anytime soon?

Is there any talk about having a Morrowind gold version (all dlc included)? I kind of wish I bought the base game as gold now since it has all DLC and is pretty cheap.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think Black Friday is a chance for it to go lower.

Haven't heard anything about a collected edition, but it seems like something they would do before the next major expansion.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Morrowind (physical copy) is $29 at Best buy and I think $27 on Amazon. Any chance it'll go lower anytime soon?

Is there any talk about having a Morrowind gold version (all dlc included)? I kind of wish I bought the base game as gold now since it has all DLC and is pretty cheap.

Doubt it, since there is already a Gold Edition (no Morrowind and no Horns of the Reach)

Bugy52

Oct 25, 2017
Oklahoma
Anyone here playing on Xbox One?

If so, you're more than welcome to join a guild I'm in, Sestren, hoping to get our first trader this week.

If not, anyone just looking for more people to play the game with, I'm on there pretty often.

DoktorWampe

Oct 30, 2017
This is my most played game this generation, and it also became a very dear MMORPG for me.

The storyline and most of the sidequests are really well written, the combat is fun, and the world itself is great.

Morrowind was a very good nostalgic ride and it also upped up a notch.

Can't wait for the Clockwork City DLC (PS4).

Pretty much this. Tripple dipped the game after getting a Pro. Good game, good game.
Is there a decent guild here on the Ps4? Pls feel free to add me on psn under : DoktorWampe

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Finally was able to get back into this last night after a lengthy absence. I guess I had some crown crates waiting for me from logging in on that weekend where you just had to kill one enemy each day and you'd get a crate. I'd say I made out pretty well. ;)

23164832_333100750497230_8587549154278899712_n.jpg

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, skeletal bear mount on the right and some kind of shadow wolf pet on the left. :)

Amazing lol Going to buy the CWC DLC tomorrow, if I have enough Crowns left I'm thinking about buying the Horns of the Reach Wolf - don't remember the exact name, the one with red stripes

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I played this on PS4 but dropped it shortly after the Morrowind expansion. I am (was?) in the old US gaf guild. Might try to update the game and give it another whirl.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Go for it! I stopped playing for a bit as I was getting a lot of laggy bugginess, but it seems to have improved a lot since then. I also left the old GAF guild (which I created) but would be more than happy to start a new ERA guild if people are interested. Would just be nice to have a consolidated area to message and/or trade with fellow PS4 ERA players.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah i am on EU, my primary language is German, but that is no obstacle i guess

I'm currently in a very active and friendly Guild, The Nightingales. Always grouping for Dungeons, Boss runs, and sometimes Trials.

If you want to join, add Hestia7399 and ask him to add you. Tell him you know me.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember how this works, but can 2 PSN accounts use the same disc to play ESO? So, could my girlfriend log into her PSN and play it with my disc or is it tied to my account, meaning she'd need a new disc?

Also, is there a resetera guild yet?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I can't remember how this works, but can 2 PSN accounts use the same disc to play ESO? So, could my girlfriend log into her PSN and play it with my disc or is it tied to my account, meaning she'd need a new disc?

I think they can, but not at the same time!

dubq

Oct 27, 2017

There is no ERA guild (PS4 NA) yet but I was thinking of creating one this evening just to get the ball rolling. My PSN is wquinn, add me up and I'll send an invite through once it's created. :)

Also, I've created a new form specifically for ERA so we can get a roster going (all platforms welcome).

Last edited:

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I'm stuck on the final boss (I think) of the Dark Brotherhood questline. May need to find someone to help me out with the fight tomorrow.

There is no ERA guild (PS4 NA) yet but I was thinking of creating one this evening just to get the ball rolling. My PSN is wquinn, add me up and I'll send an invite through once it's created. :)

Also, I've created a new form specifically for ERA so we can get a roster going (all platforms welcome).

Awesome, info added!