• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not their best work over at PlayStation if I am honest. In fact one of their worst ads this generation.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get that ad, where there any references or something in there that I missed? Kind of like the PS3 baby advert that didn't show anything the console does.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally called "the edge" and the slogan is "playstation has no limits", hence the reason the ships keep going

how do you people not get it lmao

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Ow_the_edge.jpg

Anyway, I liked the little bits of Baba O' Riley at least. Does nothing personally otherwise.

Oct 30, 2017
After watching Folding Ideas recent fantastic yet depressing youtube video about the flat earthers and QAnon, seeing that imagery rubbed me the wrong way.

You got a new system coming out soon, Sony, please just show the damn thing and its games.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Heyaaaaaaaaaaa. Boat go vrummm vrummm. Play Has No Limits.

Man, please tell me they are doing this daily until the event.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's interesting - working in Marketing we're always told these kinds of 'brand' ads really don't work anymore. Need to be more obvious from the get-go about what you're advertising, and clear on the messaging, because attention spans are so lacking these days. eg as a TV ad, people are distracted and staring at their phones - and as a social media advert, people are scrolling through and need content to grab their attention instantly - or as a YouTube ad, you've got 5 seconds to get your initial point across.

On the flipside, nothing about Sony's marketing ever looks 'cheap' and perhaps that's the point.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Gotta love when Sony pours hundreds of millions of dollars into advertisements that don't say anything and just have some cool visuals.

Consumers: "What is this weird pirate flat-earth shit?"

Sony: "PlayStation."

Consumers: "What? What does that mean?"

Sony: "PlayStation."

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I like it, the concept of PS5 going over the edge and keep going is interesting and goes well with their new tagline.