• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 30, 2018
Pretty sure you can pay out on no Animal Crossing characters roaming the show floor. Animal Crossing had basically zero public presence at the show that I'm aware of aside from the trailer occasionally running on the main screen in Nintendo's booth.

Luigi, however, did roam the show floor.

yep! calling it and updating payouts tomorrow morning. was going to tonight but i went out for happy hour with coworkers and am honestly about to flop into bed.

day later edit:

Payouts have been updated accordingly

Last edited:

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to check in and see how I did, and...
9DkvQ5e.png

F3JlGJW.png

...God, I should have put real money on this shit. Only got the FF7R bet because of a technicality, and I put too much faith that no one, not even Todd Howard, could show their face after a trainwreck like Fallout 76 and not apologize, but besides that I cleaned up!

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Huber and Kyle just screwed me over, lol.
I don't think I will have a lot of DonBucks left now.

Huber's explanation is somewhat weak, as that means that something is always announced as long as people some don't know about it by not reading the internet. I can say that the PS4 release date has just been announced since I just read about it and didn't know about it before with his logic.

I understand the reason why people say it was announced at E3, but it was specifically said by Kyle in the betting special that it wouldn't count if it was announced at the concert. I can't believe he let Huber sway him with that weak excuse. I would have been ok with it if it wasn't specifically said in the video or without Huber's excuse, but his explanation just doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited:

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Changing the FF7 result from what was clarified in the original video AND what Kyle told fireworksordie is pretty lame. There wasn't even a good argument for it really, it was just not wanting to reward people who were "negative."

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Changing the FF7 result from what was clarified in the original video AND what Kyle told fireworksordie is pretty lame. There wasn't even a good argument for it really, it was just not wanting to reward people who were "negative."
I find that one completely fair. The people who said "no" were mostly people who thought 7Remake either had no chance of being given a release date or thought it could be as much as a year or more off. Those that put "yes" were taking far more of a risk to assume it would not just be given a tentative date, but an exact day over half a year out.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I find that one completely fair. The people who said "no" were mostly people who thought 7Remake either had no chance of being given a release date or thought it could be as much as a year or more off. Those that put "yes" were taking far more of a risk to assume it would not just be given a tentative date, but an exact day over half a year out.

I mean they literally said in the video it wouldn't count if it was released at the concert. The winner of the bet isn't determined by who takes more risk or what the motives of the people betting "no" are. Some people, (including, it seems like, Damiani) voted specifically because they thought / were told the concert wouldn't count.

For the record I didn't put any Don Bucks on this one so this isn't coming from a salty "I lost money" perspective, it just rubs me the wrong way to change it without really giving any good reason after you stated multiple times it wouldn't count.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I do admit that I thought it wouldn't be shown completely (so just a year or maybe Qwhatever 202x), but Kyle specifically said in the betting special that the concert wouldn't count. And again, with Huber's excuse everything can be "announced" at any time in the future. Just because some people didn't read a date online, doesn't mean it's not announced. That happens litterally with every announcement ever. So with his logic, nothing can ever be announced anymore.

I hope they don't do a "will x be announced" bet next year, because it will always be "no" because somebody didn't see that announcement, so it's not announced for them.

Edit:
And again, I am not salty because I lost that bet. I am salty because Kyle specifically said it wouldn't count and because Huber's explanation just doesn't make sense. And the most ridiculous thing about it is that it didn't even matter for his win (as we could have seen from the shockorscoff.com website).

Last edited:

Bleep

Nov 12, 2017
I think they muddled up a trip with a slip again... The character in the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer tripped over a table. His legs kick up because he was walking backwards. Scandalous.

ElpMFJF.png

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I think they muddled up a trip with a slip again... The character in the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer tripped over a table. His legs kick up because he was walking backwards. Scandalous.
It's even worse because it was the whole crux of last years betting special.
They should try and get Hoeg into these for the ones that are close (I don't know how though).

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
That 180 on confirmed outcomes is really frustrating. Only means that future bets will mean nothing because the outcome can change based on which answer is more "positive" or rewards "the dreamers" or whatever. Ugh.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a great show. I hope they go back to what they did in 2017(?) where it was still 1v1 but each ally would ask a different question.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
That 180 on confirmed outcomes is really frustrating. Only means that future bets will mean nothing because the outcome can change based on which answer is more "positive" or rewards "the dreamers" or whatever. Ugh.
Yeah, it did kind off kill this whole thing for me as well, although I still love watching it and I will for sure participate again if they do the website again next year.
And again, not because I went from place 15xx or so to 48xx, but because of how it was decided and then the 180 with a weak excuse. I knew I was lucky with the ruling on that bet, but it was specifically stated in the betting special.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i demand cold blooded to be declared the real winner of 2017 because benzilla was correct and we did hear imagine dragons on sunday.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Great bets this year.

And I didn't come out positive, but didn't do as bad as I thought. Fun having a card of my own to follow along with, thanks fireworksordie for enhancing my E3 a little bit!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Each of my three big bets paid off, as well as my final bet.

N9N0RVq.png

Almost 1000 Don Bucks! Feelin good.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I would have ended up with above 500 donbucks but the reversal put me on 465.86.

I was thinking from the video that people who said yes and no on FF7 would both get a payout, but then it went in the worst interpretation.

May 30, 2018
Bullshit that they reversed the FF7R decision. Knocked me down from 8 to 41 on the leaderboard.
Yeah, it did kind off kill this whole thing for me as well, although I still love watching it and I will for sure participate again if they do the website again next year.
And again, not because I went from place 15xx or so to 48xx, but because of how it was decided and then the 180 with a weak excuse. I knew I was lucky with the ruling on that bet, but it was specifically stated in the betting special.

when i got the email from Kyle that they were reversing their decision, i literally felt kind of sick. i had chosen not to call any Bets that weren't clear without express confirmation from the Allies, so i felt i'd done the right thing at the time, and having to reverse it meant the possibility that people online thought i was just playing fast and loose with the decisions. literally the last thing i wanted to do is let anyone down.

i hope you'll all understand! apologies again.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Ironic that they retroactively change a rule to support positive thoughts and dreams when the entire special was decided on Huber's lack of positive thoughts and lack of dreams ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
when i got the email from Kyle that they were reversing their decision, i literally felt kind of sick. i had chosen not to call any Bets that weren't clear without express confirmation from the Allies, so i felt i'd done the right thing at the time, and having to reverse it meant the possibility that people online thought i was just playing fast and loose with the decisions. literally the last thing i wanted to do is let anyone down.

Don't worry man, we don't blame you. We're blaming Kyle and Huber (and also Don for skipping town when he owes all of us money).

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium

You don't need to apologise, it's nothing you can do about that. It's Kyle's decision ultimately and Huber's weak excuses (which still pisses me off) that somehow got Kyle changing his mind even though it didn't matter for the winner of their bets. I think it was to screw over Damiani.

Thanks again for the website!

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

Hey I don't think anyone blames you, and hopefully no one is taking this that seriously anyway. I may have posted the most about this so far and think they made the wrong decision, but no one should be actually mad. You did great work on the site and it was a lot of fun being able to play along.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I feel betrayed! I hope Damiani takes the FFVII bet to the council, because this injustice needs to be rectified. SHADY!

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I mean, I literally bet against FF7 because of Kyle's earlier ruling. I was 100% convinced it'd happen at the concert, so I was dreaming.

This ain't right at all.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Hey I don't think anyone blames you, and hopefully no one is taking this that seriously anyway. I may have posted the most about this so far and think they made the wrong decision, but no one should be actually mad. You did great work on the site and it was a lot of fun being able to play along.
Oh, I was actually mad. But just because I hate the feeling of being cheated. And Kyle saying "Imagine that Huber is saying this into your face" made me want to punch Huber in the face (which shouldn't happen, I hate that I felt that way). So year, I was mad, not because of what was decided, but more how it was decided. I never was mad at the website of the people who made it obviously.

It's nothing that a couple of hours won't solve.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
was yours a victim of the reversal? if not and you think there's still something wrong please let me know and i'll look into it.
Was this a bug? Because I was positive I voted for the announcement but everything's showing I voted against it, like my initial card:

If I voted against it, that's fine, I still think Kyle and Huber made the correct decision in the end, but I'm confused because I was positive I voted for it and even argued for the announcement in that post.

May 30, 2018
I posted both previous and current payouts and you can see it changed my payout.

i trust this reply means that your question was answered, and please know that i made that reply on mobile before i had seen your new post.

the Allies sprung this results show release on me while i was on the bus home at work, so i've been kind of scrambling the last hour+. i had been of the understanding that i'd get a heads up again like i did with the launch... apparently not. so sorry if any of my posts or tweets seem off. running around a bit like a chicken with my head cut off and working on handling upset tweets for something i don't have much control over...

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I was actually mad. But just because I hate the feeling of being cheated. And Kyle saying "Imagine that Huber is saying this into your face" made me want to punch Huber in the face. So, I was mad, not because of what was decided, but more how it was decided. I never was mad at the website of the people who made it obviously.

It's nothing that a couple of hours won't solve.
Uh, what the fuck?

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I feel betrayed! I hope Damiani takes the FFVII bet to the council, because this injustice needs to be rectified. SHADY!

I don't know how involved the other allies were prior to the filming of the results (Ian seemed surprised), it would be fun if we got an impromptu trial or council vote on the stream tonight. But they'd have to do the math all over again so I guess that's ruled out........ ;)

May 30, 2018
Was this a bug? Because I was positive I voted for the announcement but everything's showing I voted against it, like my initial card:

If I voted against it, that's fine, I still think Kyle and Huber made the correct decision in the end, but I'm confused because I was positive I voted for it and even argued for the announcement in that post.

i'm really confused now. your original ticket shows you voted No, which was originally correct but reversed. with today's Results Show's decision (which says Yes is correct), you have now unfortunately lost that bet.