• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
edit: nevermind

Last edited:

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Damn I think my Roth contributions the next couple of paychecks I'm just gonna fund the account but not buy anything and keep it as cash.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Wish I would have sold my Amazon stocks when they were at $2150 a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, still going to keep them, don't want to sell them now only for them to be worth a lot more a year from now or whatever.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled out of Robinhood last week. Likely going to open an account with Schwab or TD.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The President of the USA is melting down. Can we engage circuit breakers on this guy?

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017
What is the best place to buy stocks? how long does it take to open an account? asking fora friend.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
What is the best place to buy stocks? how long does it take to open an account? asking fora friend.
May take a couple days, depending upon how you have things set up.

Plenty of options whether you are into index funds (Vanguard, etc.) or individual funds (eTrade, etc.). But if you are considering it, definitely start the process so they can validate the sources of money and accounts.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have bought then. Put an order in for 141. Might buy at whatever it ends up at in the evening.

I was eScottTrade. Then then they moved my account to TD. Now I guess I'll get a Schwab account.

Yeah I set some crazy limits this morning just to see if they'd hit. I got MSFT at 150, VTI 139.50, and BYND at 84 ... wow.

I was also in ScottTrade and am now on TD.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
Would an etf like schg or schb be a good start if I already have a brokerage account with Schwab?

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017
May take a couple days, depending upon how you have things set up.

Plenty of options whether you are into index funds (Vanguard, etc.) or individual funds (eTrade, etc.). But if you are considering it, definitely start the process so they can validate the sources of money and accounts.
Thanks!, I think the funds are probably the best and least stressful way to go.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I knew things were bad when FX Primus sent me a text message about this 5 hours ago. Not once since I've signed up have they done that. Crazy day.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
Ruchir Sharma (Morgan Stanley) on CNBC a few minutes ago nailed it, even with the dummies trying to talk over him. Corp Bond can get fucking ugly in a heartbeat, all eyes should be there, don't want to let the zombies out of their cage.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Should I be buying BP stock today? its down almost 20 percent and it reached its 52 week low. Is it going to go lower?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Ruchir Sharma (Morgan Stanley) on CNBC a few minutes ago nailed it, even with the dummies trying to talk over him. Corp Bond can get fucking ugly in a heartbeat, all eyes should be there, don't want to let the zombies out of their cage.

Can the heavily indebted US fracking industry survive both this and the oil price war? Methinks a shitload of debt is going to hit junk status really, really quick

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
So Vanguard ETF is dropping hard on Cash app down to about $140 per share. I can contribute $50 this week toward an investment. Should I put $50 into that ETF now or put it in the Roth IRA account I just opened up last week?

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
Can the heavily indebted US fracking industry survive both this and the oil price war? Methinks a shitload of debt is going to hit junk status really, really quick
Lots of them are already Junk/High Yield, they rely on cheap debt to basically keep things moving, debt will no longer be cheap for them, but I'm sure there will be some facility created to help them refinance, because the fallout can seize things up so fast and really put the clamps on the wider economy. Them = many corps, not just Oil/Energy corps.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Crude prices in the 30s and yet we will still pay 3 bucks a gallon. How much money are these gas companies making right now.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know the general advice for if you're not going to retire for decades is to not worry about dips like this and to just ride them out, but I was thinking, would it be a good idea to rebalance my 401k and Roth IRA to 100% bonds?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gas prices have been trending downward in my area, saw it for 2.05 this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.