• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's gotta be FUMING right now. The guy who wanted to say he is "the market man" has a fuckin' freeze happen in his presidency.
I wonder if his response (or lack thereof) contributed to the drop as well? He's just saying that the issue isn't that but but not backing it up with any actual plan. Maybe he'll finally realize you can't just say things are great as he's always done with all of his projects. lol as if.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if his response (or lack thereof) contributed to the drop as well? He's just saying that the issue isn't that but but not backing it up with any actual plan. Maybe he'll finally realize you can't just say things are great as he's always done with all of his projects. lol as if.

Stocks went down immediately following his press conference where even his most ardent followers knew he didn't know what the fuck he was doing when he put Mike Pence in charge.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
market was bound to correct a long time ago.
If you're in it for the long term and believe this big ass ponzi won't ever burst, don't stress too much. The trend is always your friend.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. My bank's savings rate went from 2% to 0.7%. Trying to move some of it into my TDAmeritrade today if I can.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember in 2008-2012 putting money into my 401k and mostly thinking "meh, this sucks and nothing is happening." Just do it and stop believing the "stonks only go up" bullshit. This is how it goes. Just don't react emotionally.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember the flash crash back in may 6, 2010? thought we would get some craziness at the open but everything that was in premarket prices pretty much held right at the open that I could see. Was hoping some orders got filled. Guess theres still the whole day to go still.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see if his idiotic supporters defend him with confidence in the midst of chaos that's negatively impacting them.

I'm sure it will be mostly silence until they can find something that a Democrat does to bitch about.
Most of his supporters are probably not knowingly invested in the stock market and have no clue what the hell is going on at that end

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
I really want to buy stocks as I know it's a good time, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what!

FUCK

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Moved some money into my ameritrade account. Not actually investing anything for another week or two but these valuations are starting to look pretty juicy.

Will the market stabilize a bit post halt?

Well it gives people time to re-evaluate but the algos that make most of modern trades aren't really going to care.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Damn guys I don't want to be looking for jobs during a recession :( its soul-crushing enough already

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
His atrocious response might have contributed to the panic but this sort of market downturn would've happened regardless of what the U.S. response was. It's an international issue and the markets reflect that, especially with the problems it's causing global trade.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I *believe* this is the first halt since 9/11 but I can't find a good history online and can't remember 2008 well enough. I really don't think they halted during 2008.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you follow the market news on the same website, they hilariously use the same rotation of photos for their news stories. Like you will see the same photo on a Monday and then again on a Thursday when they are calling a story "breaking", haha. I was reading some news the other day and I wondered why text news stories needed a photo attached to them?

To convey the emotion!

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
My BA ordering filled at 226.

edit - no idea if it's the bottom etc., but BA regardless of it's issues is only 1 of 2 plane makers, so I just took a flier on it.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017

less

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it. Tesla so close to dropping below $600 and now it gets a bounce? Smh.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Here I am refreshing a Google browser tab for the Dow Jones. Quite fascinating indeed. Wondering where this all leads. The real economic impact of Corona will only be visible in a couple months time. But then stocks are about expectations for the future market and not really the current one.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
If this keeps up businesses will have to fire 10s of thousands of employees. That will send us into a recession.

I realise that, but can we predict if this can be worse than 2008 recession? Because to be honest, it hasn't hit that hard in some countries (in Poland we felt it of course, but it was far from some catastrophic event).

Status
Not open for further replies.