• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Georgia here also and there is nothing really at all being done. Hell my company just sent out an email telling us all these bullshit ass rules we should be following to maintain distance .. we make fucking rugs. The employees on the floor have to be in close contact with each other but because the county in their lockdown said manufacturers can stay open they are. The kicker is in the closing of the email they say we will be given badges to show cops we can be out .. because we are "________ an essential business "
hope you stay safe :/

that fuckin sucks. Fuckin mind boggling how every state in the U.S. hasn't locked down at this point.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Hoping things stay steady today and there is another bump tomorrow. Then I make a run for it.
I don't like the odds of two good days in a row so I liquidated half of what I wanted to sell. I'll sell the other half if we do get another rally day tomorrow.

Tesla going above $500 has me shaking my head though looking at my though process for how it has been I'm continually becoming ever greedy. At first I wanted to wait until it dropped below $600 and now I want it to drop below $400 before loading up on quite a few more of it.
It was sub 400 last week.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at the time I was waiting to see how much further down it would go but it climbed up above which is example #5 trillion of why timing is a bitch. Now I'll be scooping it up if it ever drops below $400.

Yeah it was at $350 for a couple of hours last week.
I was maybe going to buy if it was to $300 oh well. There are lots of stocks are massive discounts etc., that I'll buy instead.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at the time I was waiting to see how much further down it would go but it climbed up above which is example #5 trillion of why timing is a bitch. Now I'll be scooping it up if it ever drops below $400.
It's Tesla It will be there again. That stock is fucking bitcoin. Until it gets added to an index it's for trading. I bought and held it for amazing gains, but I visited -25 and -30% quite a few times before seeing it +300% then back to 350 and now at 500. Sometimes I swear that TSLA is priced off of the VIX or something.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What the fuck is up with the markets today. The market really does have its heads stuck up their collective asses if they think society is going back to normal anytime soon. I mean, absolutely nothing has changed. Society is still shut down globally, the shutdowns are tightening and becomining stronger in multiple jurisdictions. People are being laid off at rates and levels unheard of. A vaccine is multiple months away, and potential drugs are still a month a way at minimum. In the USA the government still can't even agree to pass its aid packages.

I get its all irrational and not suppoed to make sense, but fucking really?

Last edited:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
It's Tesla It will be there again. That stock is fucking bitcoin. Until it gets added to an index it's for trading. I bought and held it for amazing gains, but I visited -25 and -30% quite a few times before seeing it +300% then back to 350 and now at 500. Sometimes I swear that TSLA is priced off of the VIX or something.

I was watching a talk a while ago, and there's a really interesting correlation between volatility and Tesla, hahaha.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is up with the markets today. The market really does have its heads stuck up their collective asses if they think society is going back to normal anytime soon. I mean, absolutely nothing has changed. Society is still shut down globally, the shutdowns are tightening and becomining stronger in multiple jurisdictions. People are being laid off at rates and levels unheard of. A vaccine is multiple months away, and potential drugs are still a month a way at minimum. In the USA the government still can't even agree to pass its aid packages.

I get its all irational and not suppoed to make sense, but fucking really?
Trump saying "EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMAL BY EASTER", "MALARIA DRUG CURES COVID-19" & Stimulus Package for all doesn't help the case. I agree nothing changed, but remember these violent rallies are being sold, at least what I've seen the last 3 weeks

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
In a month when things are still down the shitter, maybe people will realize the DOW isn't the economy, and it's not a good measure of how folks are doing.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

I get its all irrational and not suppoed to make sense, but fucking really?
There were talks of a 2 Trillion dollar bill being passed today. The stocks were always going to climb. The real question is what happens when no bill is passed.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Someone using Questrade here?
These days are really bad. Can't login at the market opening for hours.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
didn't even look at the market today, ya I probably should buy more puts but whatever, onward 4/24

Liha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Salzburg, Austria
I don't see any reason why the dow should stop dropping until the US reach the peak of the crisis. The unemployment numbers and quarter results in the upcoming weeks will wake up some people.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019

Boeing *really* doesn't want the government to know how the butter is made...

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Someone using Questrade here?
These days are really bad. Can't login at the market opening for hours.

I'm using it. I use IQ Edge. I only had a problem today. I know yesterday and I think last week people had a problem but I had zero issues. Maybe cause I login at 6am (mountain time) and just leave it on the whole day I had no issue. There was a data feed problem I think Friday where the feed wasn't updating but you could still make limit trades.

For today, I decided to take a breather and exercise for 1 hour while it was down. It worked out well as for some reason my options increased quite a bit (IV must have went up from the lows of today) with the stocks not moving for a hour then I sold. I sold pretty much most of my swing trades

I think I will put some limit orders to sell at certain prices just in case it goes down.

Mar 29, 2018
In a month when things are still down the shitter, maybe people will realize the DOW isn't the economy, and it's not a good measure of how folks are doing.
More importantly that it needs to be forcibly separated and distanced from any concept of what the economy is, as with many of these systems and stocks. They just aren't fit for purpose.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest rallies of all time happen in Bear markets. You can only go down consistently for so long before you get a snap back day or days. Doesn't mean the downtrend is over though. On a technical level the sp500 still needs to reclaim quite a bit from here to break said downtrend. Today was a start but falling out of the bull market range from the past eleven years hurts and the bottom of this range could be resistance now. Around 2620-2640 on the sp500. There are a couple other levels as over head resistance between today and 2640 on sp500 so it isn't like the market is going straight to 2640. It could but on the 80/20 rule scale this scenario would be the 20 percent camp.

The Dow is fun to discuss as a talking point since it's numbers are so big but typically people use the sp500 as analysis on the market.

They were going all in no matter what. At this point the Fed is buyer of last resort for everything. Way this law is structured right now it quells some forced liquidation, but exposes banks.

Here's Tom Barrack crying about needing his precious repo.

FT discussing the issue with REITs and their short term financing.

Everyone is crying for a fucking handout, we are all fucking marks to be honest.

Edit: Also an interesting breakdown for those interested.
Great reads, thank you for this. That Bloomberg article in particular is amazing.

Last edited:

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I took some profit today, holding good cash. Please tell me this isn't going to be a V shape this soon. It doesn't make sense, literally no good news has come out so far. India locked down 1 billion people. Global economy is going to take a massive hit.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I'm hoping for a good jump tomorrow on my Apple Shares to 270ish then I'm bailing out and not touching anything till later in the year when things hit rock bottom. Surely the stimulus will only give a temp boost before the shit hits the fan in a month or so?

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I took some profit today, holding good cash. Please tell me this isn't going to be a V shape this soon. It doesn't make sense, literally no good news has come out so far. India locked down 1 billion people. Global economy is going to take a massive hit.

I doubt it. more like a U or W recovery if there is a recovery.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The good news is that Trump is going to throw grandma into the burning market as sacrifice.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
didn't even look at the market today, ya I probably should buy more puts but whatever, onward 4/24
I sold and took my losses. Rolling a little further out and a little higher strike. I really do think that unlimited QE combined with regular Trump BS will keep the market from fully bottoming out. It'll still drop, but it won't be nearly as catastrophic as I was expecting. $200 probably isn't in play.

Mar 29, 2018
image0.png

credit to Shy in the UK thread

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I sold and took my losses. Rolling a little further out and a little higher strike. I really do think that unlimited QE combined with regular Trump BS will keep the market from fully bottoming out. It'll still drop, but it won't be nearly as catastrophic as I was expecting. $200 probably isn't in play.
I think investors are going to keep inflating the balloon as long as they have the cash to do so, well beyond the point of reason.

Market analysts were saying that the market was overvalued way back in 2017.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

No way this is sustained..businesses are halted. People are getting laid off in mass. Earnings will be announced soon and its gonna be huge losses. Like what world are these people living in?
Market is desperate right now, it'll rally and pump on anything. MM are well aware that it's probably temporary.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see any reason why the dow should stop dropping until the US reach the peak of the crisis. The unemployment numbers and quarter results in the upcoming weeks will wake up some people.

Well market is not an accurate representation of current reality. It's a big mood indicator and swings around as the mood changes.

I could easily see market recovery starting based on pure faith alone. But does the market have faith in Trump & co? I personally think no.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
When will we get details on what's the final bill?
Also Trump still has to sign that right

Status
Not open for further replies.