• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I just checked my 401k and somehow my investments are 95% in stocks and 2% in bonds (and I have no idea what the other 3% even means). My employer makes yearly profit sharing contributions and it's about to hit in the next few days. Should I be changing my contributions to a new mix or do I stay the course at this point?

Now's the time to go in on stocks. Last year, maybe you should have gone a bit more balanced, but now? I'd hit the throttle.

How old are you?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
DIS is gonna get slaughtered ya'll. Now is not the time to buy. Wait until all the parks get shut down.

heh.... what I just said on discord "

to be fair disney hasn't even announced that they are closing their parks yet... which when that happens....

[10:56 AM]
that being said... it is tempting to buy later today and hope for a dead cat bounce, and if I don't get one just holding onto the stocks as they continue to fall.
"

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
I have money in my Roth (Schwab Target 2050 Index Fund). Is there any way to see my losses live, or do I have to wait until closing since mutual funds only update once a day at close?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I have money in my Roth (Schwab Target 2050 Index Fund). Is there any way to see my losses live, or do I have to wait until closing since mutual funds only update once a day at close?

My recommendation, don't look at it till 2050. Just put more money in this week or next if you were planning to. 'Losses' don't exist till you sell it.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Now's the time to go in on stocks. Last year, maybe you should have gone a bit more balanced, but now? I'd hit the throttle.

How old are you?
I'm 37. I honestly have no idea how my current balance even happened. Everything is in Fidelity's managed funds, and I think I ended up with a default balance of things when my 401k got moved to them and I was too busy with work at the time to do any research into what was happening.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm 37. I honestly have no idea how my current balance even happened. Everything is in Fidelity's managed funds, and I think I ended up with a default balance of things when my 401k got moved to them and I was too busy with work at the time to do any research into what was happening.

You're fine. Just keep going. Rebalance to a better balance in 5-10 years when everyone is telling you that it's dumb and the market is a rocket ship.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Fidelity usually uses your age and allocates accordingly. You might even be in a Target date fund.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What are feelings on Nike right now? They're at a 2 year low. I'm not buying anything til next week or maybe later but they're intriguing.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You don't think this is somewhat priced into the stock already? That smart money isn't crushing stocks because of the possibility of this occurring? It was 150 now 93. Some of this has to be priced in. Maybe it'll go down to 80. But I'll just dca my way down there if so.

People always say it's priced in.

Then reality hits.

And it's not priced in.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I get that people are excited about getting in on a good deal, but I really don't have any reason to believe we are close to the bottom. Especially with all the new restrictions and cancellations coming online.

FOMO is worst when money is involved.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I remember mulling over whether or not to sell a few of my Amazon stocks a few weeks ago (when they were $2150 a piece), decided not to since I didn't need the money at the time (nor do I now).

Now they're at $1692.

I know you don't lose until you sell, but still I feel like shit lol

Min

Oct 25, 2017
so if we hit the second stop.... are we just gonna free fall after the market opens again...?

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worried about the US economy as a whole. Fundamentally Great companies don't suddenly suck because of Corona Virus.

Revenue: $1.00
Direct rev costs: ($0.40)
Fixed costs: ($0.45)
Profit:. $0.15

P/E multiple of 20 = 3

Revenue: $0.80
Direct rev costs: ($0.32)
Fixed costs: ($0.45)
Profit:. $0.03

P/E multiple of 20 = .60

Obviously just a thought exercise, but just a 20% hit in revenue had catastrophic effects on earnings, cash flow, credit covenants, etc.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I said on Reddit that I expected a -5,000 drop. We're already at -2,200 today. I don't see it going up anytime soon. Buckle up, this is only the start IMO. Also, the way Americans deal with coronavirus makes me nervous for the coming weeks...

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
I remember mulling over whether or not to sell a few of my Amazon stocks a few weeks ago (when they were $2150 a piece), decided not to since I didn't need the money at the time (nor do I now).

Now they're at $1692.

I am in the same boat with a lot of my company stock/ESPP/RSU

hurts lol

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

Now they're at $1692.

Ive was of the idea "Theres definitely a recession coming" for years during trumps presidency, yet I never sold until Tuesday lol. I wish I would've the second this rona stuff got worldwide

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Now they're at $1692.

Remember that story a week or two about the guy who bought $1,845 puts, about $920K of them, and then Robinhood was out while the market was rallying and he couldn't close them? At best, he got back half his money depending when he closed.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

A key sticking point in the talks appears to be GOP demands to include Hyde amendment language in the bill to prevent federal funds from being used for abortion

... We're not gonna get any stimulus. Because Republicans are fucking ghouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.