• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
What the hell does he plan to say. Such a joke.

Good morning. [turns on mic] Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. [pauses] Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just realized I forgot to put any money in my ira. Gonna ride this till april and see what happens lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i've been slammed at work, like I legit dont know whats going on
WSSsgErW9NglYRkNJLMr-i0ui6nb8auHFU3F8J90yedVAh3mPqkWzFv_VFvODZ-WTtbkEYszoX2hI4E8QflRbnDR2flZCp4TNyuaVnyNjT6jJBM5PKHJxuvArFHX_WDTPg=s412

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
His PR team is trying to say in any way possible that it's not as bad as the flu, but also bad, but also not THAT bad. So invest or something.

My money is on the bear.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
His PR team is trying to say in any way possible that it's not as bad as the flu, but also bad, but also not THAT bad. So invest or something.

My money is on the bear.
"i need you all to download this app, its a wonderful app, perfect really, it's called Robinhood"

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was a fascinating tweet from about 20 hours ago.

Seeing events with large gatherings now getting canceled just need to prepare yourself that the worst isn't over. Don't panic, just realize the recovery may not be around the corner.

That chart also shows how tough it can be to endure a bear market too. The market from long term looks like it goes down straight but get closer and you see it rallies and fails many times before turning up.

It's an abnormal mind set you have to get into that takes awhile. As long as you don't need the money right away you want to build your position at discounted prices.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was a fascinating tweet from about 20 hours ago.

Seeing events with large gatherings now getting canceled just need to prepare yourself that the worst isn't over. Don't panic, just realize the recovery may not be around the corner.

It's an abnormal mind set you have to get into that takes awhile. As long as you don't need the money right away you want to build your position at discounted prices.

Yeah. Starting to feel I jumped in too early on the Monday dip.

Not gonna stress too much, will just buy more later.

iguanadolphin

Nov 2, 2017
Went to lunch to a place I visit often, normally I have to stand in line for a while. I walked right up and placed my order. The economy is getting hammered right now. The markets are tumbling because of the fear factor. In a couple of months the numbers will show how bad things really are... unless you sell toilet paper.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
All markets are in the red right now and futures are in the red.. Think we are hitting peak panic.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My mom just retired last year. This sucks. Fine for us millenials, but I feel for those that are in retirement.

Oct 30, 2017
Welp, after that Trump speech, the markets are even more boned now.

Banning both travel and even cargo shipment from Europe, ooh boy...

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I moved all of my investments to a fixed account (see, savings) last week. I still lost $4300 in a day. A coworker did not have most of his retirement in bonds, was still being aggressive even though he's in his late 50's. The poor guy lost over $115k before Fidelity finally moved his assets - it took them four days (two days for me). I remember when I had Vanguard it was immediate.

Status
Not open for further replies.