• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Turns out sharing the same release date does not have to tear us apart!

Besides when you think of it, paying Toom Nook is a lot like killing your inner demons.

Also from r/animalcrossing: "Just a friendly member of the DOOM fanbase wishing your game a good launch and years of play! Happy gaming!"

y9pvhbz0j7i41.jpg

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
isnt Doomguy vs Isabelle some kind of biblical event? Like light vs dark, the kind of impossible and apocalyptic endless fight.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
For Nintendo fans (sadly) Doom won't be competing against the cutie Animal Crossing.

For multi platform owners.... I'll be RIP and TEARING every f....ing demon I see in front of my TV.

Doom guy will have it's moments at a later date.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's pretty great.

I'll be grabbing both on launch day and it's gonna be pretty wild splitting time between the two.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Remember in the original GameCube version of Animal Crossing you could play NES games?

What if when you place a PC in your house in New Horizons, you could interact with it and choose to boot up the first chapter of DOOM 1993?

CERO would not be a fan though, lmao.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I hope something funny could come out of this, in AC, there is the Metroid helmet. Been able to collect the Doom guy helmet at Halloween would be pretty funny. I would make even an option while wearing it you could scare villagers and they want to leave your island! 😁 ( could be a useful tool too to make some villagers you dislike move! )

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the few times ive been pleasantly surprised by the gaming community and i love the geberal feelgood friendliness.

isnt Doomguy vs Isabelle some kind of biblical event? Like light vs dark, the kind of impossible and apocalyptic endless fight.
Doomguy and Isabelle are literally best friends, they would never lay a finger on eachother with malicious intent

We stan best friends

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's because Doom knows Animal Crossing sells exponentially more copies than anything else coming this year, including FFVII and such, so it's smart to get into their feed.

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
Doom and Animal Crossing complement each other so well. After walking amongst horrible hellspawns and nightmarish creatures all day, I just want to lay back and shoot some demons.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I really want Animal Crossing to get a Doom Slayer figurine or something like that in a future content update, but knowing Nintendo, it probably won't happen.

DOOM Eternal getting an Isabelle plush as a collectible (like the ones in DOOM 2016) would be great, too.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
The love seems kinda one-sided. If you look at the two franchises,(happy-go-lucky AC and high testosterone Doom), you would think it would be the Animal Crossing crowd who'd be reaching out to Doom, turns out, it's vice versa! Official Doom twitter with the tweet and Doom reddit with the thread. Good show Doomers!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
March 20 might be my favorite multi release day ever. Legit two of my favorite gaming franchises dropping great looking new entries on the same day, and the embracing of both being done by members of the community really, really rules.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad the Switch version of Doom Eternal got delayed, but it made sense considering AC has that slot.

Hoping to set Panic Button step it up with this port as the past year has seen Sabre, Feral and a few others do amazing work on Switch

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thread made it seem like AC official or Nintendo would have responded in some way lol. This would have been really fun.

But based on the kind of game and they they delayed the Switch version that rather unlikely.

For Doom it makes sense to embrace another big release since they share the release date - many people might not know that Doom drops on the same day.

Anyway...great day for games, showing off that the market is big enough for all kind of games on consoles. Both are big titles that couldn't be more diffrent.