• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I just got into the first game like a month ago, lol. I'll wait for the complete edition or whatever.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Wait is there actually a "loot 2.0?" They had that with the first Division also. How could they fuck up loot again after they apparently fixed it in the previous game? Or is 2.0 just more loot?

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
Wait is there actually a "loot 2.0?" They had that with the first Division also. How could they fuck up loot again after they apparently fixed it in the previous game? Or is 2.0 just more loot?
Nah they fucked up again, making the loot pool larger plus rng for your rng.

reddragon220

Sep 7, 2019

The team decided to re-invent the wheel and tried to make a convoluted new loot system that just was a terrible mess. In the past few developer updates they've been walking the community through a new and more appealing implementation of the game's loot system.

The new update is probably going to be some sort of expansion. The developers have been dropping hints that loot 2.0 will come with new activities for players to do while grinding for new weapons and gear. I'm honestly impressed that the team has stuck with the game. The core game (level 1-30) was great, but the end game has been a bit of a buggy/broken mess for months. After more than a few serious missteps and patches that made the quality of the game worse the team finally seems to have found a good direction.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The team decided to re-invent the wheel and tried to make a convoluted new loot system that just was a terrible mess. In the past few developer updates they've been walking the community through a new and more appealing implementation of the game's loot system.

That's hilarious! I remember the streamer Gothalion talking about how with D2 at least loot wouldn't be a problem because they had 2.0 for the first game and they had figured it out lol.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Absolutely loved this game until I got to the end-game portion. Wasn't able to stick around anywhere close like I did with the first game. All of my friends quickly dropped as well. This was like maybe a month after launch, how has the end-game changed since? The map resetting and running through the same areas over and over just became a very, very repetitive cycle.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This has been in the bargain bin at my local shop since a month after launch. May aswell go free to play.

SloMoBackSlap

Feb 15, 2018
Those thinking f2p haven't been paying attention to this game. That is very unlikely to happen.

They have mentioned Episode 3 is going to be released this month, and they have yet to announce the release date. It is likely we get that, plus an announcement of what the Year 2 content will be, which will likely be paid as a year 2 season pass with no end-game modes/expansions. Unfortunately, not Survival or Underground modes from the first game, as they've already stated they had no plans to implement those at this time. But were working on brand new unique modes for Year 2.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
F2P would make sense. They're about to release the last of their free DLC and no doubt want to sell paid DLC next. Can't really do that with a dwindling playerbase.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Currently playing it and i'm having a blast.
The atmosphere and soundtrack is so good.
So im kinda excited about this news.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So I played this game when it released. Had a ton of fun, put about 55 hours and beat the game and left.

So I haven't touched it since release.

Anyone still keeping up with this game? Did they add a substantial amount since release? I remember reading about the raid and the clusterfuck it was on consoles, but thats pretty much it.

Worth diving back in again, or is there really not a significant amount yet?

I played for about a month after the release and came back a couple of weeks ago. It's in a much better place now, the builds are viable and don't take million hours of grinding to put together anymore, plus pretty much everything in the game except for the raid is comfortably soloable.
It's a good game and it improved a ton since release, it's hopefully going to get even better with the upcoming overhaul.

Drwu

Aug 23, 2018
Interesting, i was two clicks away from redownloading this a few weeks ago but the season pass price turned me way. Curious to see what comes next

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Apparently some players got an email with this letter from Aaron Keener, the "main bad guy" of the story throughout Div 1
y49i0naos4g41.png

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
That's hilarious! I remember the streamer Gothalion talking about how with D2 at least loot wouldn't be a problem because they had 2.0 for the first game and they had figured it out lol.
They brought nothing over from the first game other than you're an agent shooting bad guys. I hope Loot 2.0 does a lot cause I bought the game day 1 going off the goodwill they built with 1, but dropped the game at endgame after days of farming gave trash loot.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be surprised if it goes F2P (unless Ubisoft really needs the microtransaction revenue to make up for the terrible numbers they had last year), but I could see them doing a permanent $10 starter edition if they're doing a New York expansion, something like:

$10 gets you just the base game of Division 2.

$30 gets you Division 2 and the year 1 Pass.

$60 edition gets you Division 2, the year 1 pass, and the New York expansion.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, i was two clicks away from redownloading this a few weeks ago but the season pass price turned me way. Curious to see what comes next

The pass only adds (a week) early access to new content, and afaik everything in it is out already. There are a few extra side quests in it too, but I don't believe that's anything significant.

Drwu

Aug 23, 2018
The pass only adds (a week) early access to content, and afaik everything in it is out already. There are a few extra side quests in it too, but I don't believe that's anything significant.
oh interesting, i thought it covered paid DLC. In that case i may pick it up again

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Wait did BioWare just go out first because they knew or something? Or did their news call for competition? I guess there's still a competition, lol.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
I just dropped $5 on it at GameStop so I guess I'm interested?

Unless it really does go F2P. Then I'll regret not buying a sandwich or something.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a huge overhaul and/or expansion. Steam release isn't really that 'big' but it's most likely gonna be included with new content/change news and going f2p doesn't make sense with their pricing (dlc being free, mtx customization isn't that enticing etc)

It could be the trifecta of overhaul/content, steam release and f2p though

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is today the day the looter shooters that aren't Destiny remind us they're still around or something.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
crossplay like cod mw would be pretty big.

did ubi not announce they generally work at this?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
My hope is that it's a combination of:
  • First, the release date for Episode 3, which should drop within the next 2 weeks (2 new missions in New York, a couple of new weapons and a new specialization) because obviously...;
  • Some combination of Gamepass/Free to Play, but not including Year 2 content
  • Release window for Title Update 8 which brings with it a complete loot overhaul and gear score increase, plus some more details on the 2nd raid
  • Announcement of Season 2 content, which will include vague references to: overhauled Dark Zone experience, new PVP mode similar to Last Stand and new repeatable PVE mode that incorporates elements of Survival and The Underground and the conclusion of the Div 2 story they've been setting up with the president/loose threads from Div 1
  • I could see them re-introducing Div 1's map in some way. Perhaps as a full map for Dark Zone fun.
Originally wrote this before reading the Reddit, where the devs/community have talked about hosting a post-event show with no time limit to go over everything discussed. So I guess this probably doesn't apply: My expectation of tomorrow's news is that the Twitter account is just doing a bad job of hyping up the launch trailer for Episode 3 which is really small and that we know most of the details about (2 new missions in New York, new specialization (flamethrower), 2 new weapons and some classified assignments) - and they've already publicly talked about how it involves New York, less set up and more pay off for the president's arc and hunting down a loose thread from Div 1 (Keener is already teased in the trailer).

Last edited:

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Is there any reason why the PC and Xbox versions went down to $5 but not the Uplay version? I would have taken the plunge...

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it reinvigorates the player base because the PC version died after like 1 month of release.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is 2 as good/average as the first one? I liked the first but I never thought it was anything special. Just something to play while listening to podcasts.