• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do the Underground or Survival expansions require you to go into the Dark Zone to conclude or do they both conclude outside of the Dark Zone like the main story campaign does? Thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
Do the Underground or Survival expansions require you to go into the Dark Zone to conclude or do they both conclude outside of the Dark Zone like the main story campaign does? Thanks.

The Underground does not venture into the Dark Zone at all.

Survival deals with a re-purposed Dark Zone so to speak but you can play either PvE or PvPvE, they are two separate modes.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
just lost a house to rogues. chased em around the DZ managed to kill two of them but the guy that got my items was just too strong and whenever I was close to dropping him his friends would suddenly appear. feels pretty bad

the worst part was he messaged me taunting me after extracting. DZ is full of dickheads

One of the reasons I avoided Dark Zone like a plague, lol, unless it's just for completing weekly stuff quota like "kill 50 LMBs in Dark Zone".

Aanyways, they should have Legendaries for all the missions. 3 is not enough! I need more!

B-Man

Oct 27, 2017
I was trying out resistance yesterday, i was playing with strangers and one of them shared the house!
So whoever they were, Thank you, my mysterious new hero!

ReCross

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the last story mission, damn what a thrill that was. Luckily someone carried me through the mission amd even gave me all the drops! Still need 2 more levels though, I can't wait for end game and just farm some loot.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I wish this game would explain shit better. I just accidentally discovered (online, not even in the game) gearsets have bonuses!? Argh!!!

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I think there's more content on the way in 2018. Probably just more Global Events, but they're still actively working and testing stuff out on The Division.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
6/6 D3-FNC is pretty much godmode it's a bit ridiculous. But it still requires to pay attention with space awareness 'cause if you get flanked or many ennemies manage to get behind you, it quickly becomes a one way trip to rekttown.

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for the heroic incursion? That fire truck kept melting us earlier... Super frustrating

Start out in the central area (facing firetruck), have at least two Reclaimers and after the initial (it may be easier to wait until after activating the switches the second time to move) activating the cranes or whatnot go to the back left (when facing the firetruck) next to the firetruck, there is a column you can take cover around, alternate Reclaimer Health Stations as needed, kill adds, activate the switches/cranes/whatever, end the battle. Just continue to kill adds as they spawn in (sometimes they come through a door right next/behind you a bit) while dropping Health Stations and taking a bit of cover around that large column. It's an easy-peasy method.

I think there's more content on the way in 2018. Probably just more Global Events, but they're still actively working and testing stuff out on The Division.

At minimum I'm guessing we'll see a new World Tier, a few more Legendary Missions, and Global Events added but we may very well see more than that in Year 3. We'll probably hear more/get a road map of sorts soon.

Last edited:

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Good to know, anything else mentioned on the SotG today?

Not a great deal, a lot of cringe and trying to talk while reading the stupid chat - so the usual.

They said they had no intention of nerfing anything at this time, they want to get all the 6pcs out in the wild before doing anything like that. They also said they do have plans to do "stuff and things" in the future so 1.8 isn't the end of things, zero specifics.
They also said that the game breaking glitch which youtubers are loving happened to one guy once and even he can't replicate it so they aren't doing anything - which is fair.

No date for Xbox One X people.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
It would be great if they added different (just name them what the Global Events were named after..Outbreak, Strike, etc) Superior Caches that offered the chance to get Classified gear from previous Global Events.

Yeah good call - taking that a bit further it would be lovely if you could just buy them for phoenix credits somewhere and you can just buy an outbreak kill for like 2500 or something high - they'll never do that though. It feels right now that getting classifieds isn't tough, getting that one piece you need to make a set is really tough.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
It would be great if they added different (just name them what the Global Events were named after..Outbreak, Strike, etc) Superior Caches that offered the chance to get Classified gear from previous Global Events.

I asked this afew weeks ago and Terry responded with they're considering a bunch of ideas like this for the future
https://twitter.com/GazzaGSi/status/940389857100214278

For those that don't know, the gear sets for Ambush are:

Alphabridge
Firecrest
Hunterfaith
Tactician

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks everyone for all the tips being shared here. I have been really enjoying the game more the last few days as I finally am starting the understand the RPG mechanics what build I want to go with an it is helping me shape what type of gear to look for. Decide to go with a Hunter build and already have two pieces a gear for it. Also just hit World Tier 3 but taking my progress slowly to Tier 5 just going to stick with running solo for the time being and look to group up more once I hit the last Tier.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
I just re-downloaded this game. I'm at level 21 and all my gear that I need to switch to is at 22. I get my teeth knocked in vs the mission I have next and I'm stalled out in the campaign. What's a quick way to farm gear?

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
SOTG 1/11/18

- Global Event 4 Ambush starts on Jan 23.
-More changes to state of the game are coming in 2018 focusing on the community.
-There will be a SotG next week.
-Maintenance today fixed the expansion stash issue, and removed holiday crate.
-GE will run for exactly 7 days this time, they promised.
-They talked about the god mode glitch, but they have not been able to reproduce it, if you have information please send it to them.
-There are no plans for any nerfs or balancing updates, but they are still watching and gathering data, balancing will be looked at when all the classifieds have been released after the next GE.
-No talk of year 3 yet, they are still focused on 1.8 and the fourth GE.
-They ended by showing a preview of whats to come with community highlights for future SotG.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I asked this afew weeks ago and Terry responded with they're considering a bunch of ideas like this for the future
https://twitter.com/GazzaGSi/status/940389857100214278

For those that don't know, the gear sets for Ambush are:

Alphabridge
Firecrest
Hunterfaith
Tactician
I'm aiming for the Tactician and Firecrest sets, since I love skill builds. :D Gonna be my first GE. Started 2 weeke ago and I'm having a blast. Too bad still no good gear yet. Really want a Ninja backpack to at least use some nice gear combinations before completing a classified set.

OP
OP
deafmedal

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
I just re-downloaded this game. I'm at level 21 and all my gear that I need to switch to is at 22. I get my teeth knocked in vs the mission I have next and I'm stalled out in the campaign. What's a quick way to farm gear?
I wouldn't worry about gear just yet, probably be best to grind some side missions until 30 or find some agents willing to carry you through missions and/or matchmake. Gear shouldn't be a major concern until tier 5.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah good call - taking that a bit further it would be lovely if you could just buy them for phoenix credits somewhere and you can just buy an outbreak kill for like 2500 or something high - they'll never do that though. It feels right now that getting classifieds isn't tough, getting that one piece you need to make a set is really tough.

Yeah this is turning into my experience as you get Classifieds at a good rate in Resistance. Last night I had a Classified Reclaimer drop but it was the vest instead of the knee pads I need to complete the set. Getting the right set drop is one thing, getting the right set and the right piece out of six possibilities is another layer of RNG that feels next to impossible.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played this game at release and maybe for a month or two thereafter. Looking to take another crack at it. I imagine all my gear is now junk, right.

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, just got a Classified Sentry backpack from a Proficiency Cache so now that Classified set is complete too. There is hope yet...

I'll join you in a second Nokterian.

Edit: I'm playing on a 4K TV with a controller so no chat. Just pick whatever missions you need to do and set it to Hard.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ran the Underground Daily Hard Mission solo and immediately met two Hunters at the beginning, they dropped an Exotic and a Classified. Thanks guys.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
So having not played the game since January of last year, how friendly is The Division towards solo players?

Main story missions are perfectly doable, several high-level end-game activities would be challenging and some would be very challenging, some incursions would be flat out impossible.

For what its worth the Division scaled the health and amount of enemies according to the numbers of players. I believe it's 1 - 2 person and then 3 - 4 (meaning 1 person would be facing same enemies with 2 person team, and the team would consider 3 persons as 4 in terms of enemy's health and number)

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
predator needs to be nerfed man. that shit is ridiculous. and you find 4 man DZ groups with like 3 people running predator. disgusting.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Main story missions are perfectly doable, several high-level end-game activities would be challenging and some would be very challenging, some incursions would be flat out impossible.

For what its worth the Division scaled the health and amount of enemies according to the numbers of players. I believe it's 1 - 2 person and then 3 - 4 (meaning 1 person would be facing same enemies with 2 person team, and the team would consider 3 persons as 4 in terms of enemy's health and number)
Good to know. I'll add the Discord if I wanna run with a group. Excited to get back into it and see all the changes they've made!!

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Why do you guys suggest power leveling players with hard difficulty? Last time I played hard gave you the same amount of XP as normal. Did that change?

I stopped playing after the post-launch crafting nerf and only rejoined for a short while when 1.5 hit. I think I run basic sets (nomad and striker) with GS256. Is it hard for me to get up-to-date in terms of gear and weapons?