• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coaster17

Oct 27, 2017
After about 50 or so Superior caches I have full pred, full banshee, the House, and a nomad knee pad away from a third full set. Don't really care about the shield set.

I fear I'm not going to get those nomad knee pads though.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
High chance in GE superior caches, low chance from named enemies. Post event it'll be much tougher to acquire them.

Good to know. Got one piece to go on my predator set, so I'll try and finish that off tonight. It's a shame you have to grind for target infos to get HVTs... would prefer not to just run Lexington over and over and over (and over) again lol

DrFurbs

Dec 16, 2017
Guys, can I get some advice please? I bought the have cheap, updated it, but I see the have is on patch 1.17 I think. Why isn't it updated to 1.8…? I'm on Ps4 if that makes a difference.

Omar

Oct 31, 2017
The division is the best looter shooter out there right now, took UBI 18 months to get here.

I really hope they don't pull a Destiny 2. At this point, I would rather pay $50 for another expansion pack than get a Division 2 with lackluster content.

If they really want to get this shared world shooter thing somewhere, they need to start doing a WOW like expansions cycle instead of re starting from 0 every 2 years.

Oct 29, 2017
The division is the best looter shooter out there right now, took UBI 18 months to get here.

I really hope they don't pull a Destiny 2. At this point, I would rather pay $50 for another expansion pack than get a Division 2 with lackluster content.

If they really want to get this shared world shooter thing somewhere, they need to start doing a WOW like expansions cycle instead of re starting from 0 every 2 years.

I agree I had step away from the game before survival came out and coming back to the game in its state now is wonderful.

It so much to do now it's kind of overwhelming. The gear sets feel like they are in a really good place now in my opinion.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got the sports hockey mask.... But now I want the other one! Do I really have to kill 40 rikers bosses for it?

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
Jumping back into this game has been an absolute joy. This game should serve as the rule-book for how to turn a once troubled game around.

Oct 30, 2017
Solo in the DZ (Danger Zone) is so stressful!

Was killed by a rogue at an extraction zone but he left all my loot there sonibwas able to come back and extract it successfully the second time. Weird.

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hey do you guys have a Discord server? Any chance I can get an invite? I've been really enjoying this game on PS4 and I think I wanna get into it.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville

Agree. Only thing I would like in Division is a few more random players in the SP. Maybe have 10 people in your instance without PvP so that every now and again you hear or see someone else in the distance without worrying they might take you on. Just to make it feel a bit more alive if that makes sense.

DrFurbs

Dec 16, 2017
Really enjoying this so far. I'm only level 5. Found the automatch very good, and some missions are quite difficult. But overall, it's a great game with a really nice atmosphere. Looking forward to getting a better gun tho, currently rocking the Police M4.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Man this game is damn fun; I'm only level 20 or so so haven't been really getting crazy gear or anything but just having a blast. There's just enough variety.

Oct 30, 2017
Got all my masks and got full predator set, I'm ready for this GE to end now, Div Tech farming next.
I bought 15 Div Tech with my points on the Ubi website. it's the max you can buy but it will help. Also, I saw a video where the guys explains that you can craft the exotic sidearm many times with materials and then deconstruct them for 1 Div Tech each.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
I bought 15 Div Tech with my points on the Ubi website. it's the max you can buy but it will help. Also, I saw a video where the guys explains that you can craft the exotic sidearm many times with materials and then deconstruct them for 1 Div Tech each.
I just wish there was a better method of farming it other than running dark zone rounds cause it's super meh. Underground and other high end activities should reward it too because outside PvP/E there not much of a steady income source and you need a lot of it.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish there was a better method of farming it other than running dark zone rounds cause it's super meh. Underground and other high end activities should reward it too because outside PvP/E there not much of a steady income source and you need a lot of it.

Craft and deconstruct the cheapest exotic you can make. :p

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any good guides on getting former players back in? I have no idea whats good anymore. Back when I played you spec'd as much crit chance and damage as you could and rolled SMG's and whatever that semi auto sniper was.

OP
OP
deafmedal

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Any good guides on getting former players back in? I have no idea whats good anymore. Back when I played you spec'd as much crit chance and damage as you could and rolled SMG's and whatever that semi auto sniper was.
I was just reading through this great guide I found over at Reddit. It's great for anyone coming back to The Division. It details the changes in 1.8.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrdldw_X6qOtYIEGHvaWVHp6RUpX9WLInPqdPthJG74/preview

And this caught my eye.

I think I have close to 60% in damage mitigation just becasue my armor is so high. Am I understanding this right? Maybe I shouldn't care as much about armor anymore? Maybe look for other rolls.

I'm at work right now, can someone clue me in what I have to do during this GE to get a mask? I'm working 60 hours this week, so I won't be able to play that much, I want to hang out with the GF as well haha.

Another nice guide here for returning players from a redditor. Can never have enough of these as many people left and have come back. Game really is worth checking out again if you've shelved it in the past.
The links in these posts are worth a look Tawpgun

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
DZ is so hit and miss playing solo. Going rogue as a group seems way too unbalanced since you'll always have the advantage of being coordinated vs. all the other players

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

The west side pier missions is a good source for farming them. They're quick to finish (especially if you're in a group) and each successful completion nets you 3 Division Tech.

Much preferable than running around in the DZ. Actually anything is preferable than the DZ in my opinion, hahaha, can't stand that place.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got the band back together tonight to play some resistance. We don't really have a clue what we are doing since so much had been added since we last played, but I'm having fun. I think we'll try out some of the incursions we missed.

Are they doable with 3 people in Tier 5? Or should we drop a tier to avoid frustration if we are just looking to experience new content. We can't seem to get past Wave 9s of the Resistances although the last one we just all got killed due to filter levels.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So I bought Division back when it first came out, and haven't bought any of the expansions. I also haven't played in like, ever. At this point, if I were to return to the game, what do I need to pick up to stay current?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought Division back when it first came out, and haven't bought any of the expansions. I also haven't played in like, ever. At this point, if I were to return to the game, what do I need to pick up to stay current?

The Season Pass for sure. Beyond that, your equipment level will be really low. I was mostly in the same boat as you and my equipment level was 50 when I jumped back in. A lot of folks are 250+ now.

It took a bit of grinding but I got there.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The Season Pass for sure. Beyond that, your equipment level will be really low. I was mostly in the same boat as you and my equipment level was 50 when I jumped back in. A lot of folks are 250+ now.

It took a bit of grinding but I got there.
I'm actually totally down for having plenty of content to do, tbh. I still haven't finished the main game afaik.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually totally down for having plenty of content to do, tbh. I still haven't finished the main game afaik.

You'll be fine. I was already level 30 and done with the main story when I stopped playing. When I picked it up again it was a bit of a struggle because they'd made a number of changes via patches to the way gear worked. But a few decent gear drops turned things around quick enough.

Echolocation

Oct 27, 2017
Tapping out on the GE event. Ended up missing one item out of each set, figures. Deluge of Predator at the end though, so I managed to get 2 of the 3 I was missing. Sucks.

OP
OP
deafmedal

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed my time with the GE, it's a nice grind. Now I gotta go through everything and start figuring out some builds. There is something about playing with the numbers irt builds that is really satisfying for me.

Also got to run in a 4 man group for the first time since I came back, crazy how much loot dropped w/o stepping foot in the DZ. The game is in a great spot, good job Massive:)

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped back into this. I'm level 18 and never finished the main campaign.

I struggle with teaming up with randoms and matchmaking for the main missions just never seems to hardly work (finds no one) or it just joins me with a group doing something else half way across the map rather than the campaign mission I want to do.

The guide in this thread for starting has made me change how I was playing though (selling all items instead of trashing them, buying upgrades from vendors) and the gameplay loop itself is super tight.

I still maintain as well with this Manhattan and the snow they made one of the most beautiful and realistic spaces in gaming. Skyscrapers feel big in a way they don't in other games. Snow feels like urban snow. The atmosphere and presentation blows me away every time I start it up.

Wish the PS4 DLC was on sale. I'd be all over it, but I can't afford to pay £35 for it So close to christmas. It's on sale for like £12 on PC.

If anyone has any further tips for a more casual player on getting to 30 and what's next then I'm all ears.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
GE done, got two full sets and am one shy of D3, not arsed about Banshee. Still no House - RNG wins this round!

WITHE1982

Oct 28, 2017
Jumped back into this. I'm level 18 and never finished the main campaign.

I struggle with teaming up with randoms and matchmaking for the main missions just never seems to hardly work (finds no one) or it just joins me with a group doing something else half way across the map rather than the campaign mission I want to do.

The guide in this thread for starting has made me change how I was playing though (selling all items instead of trashing them, buying upgrades from vendors) and the gameplay loop itself is super tight.

I still maintain as well with this Manhattan and the snow they made one of the most beautiful and realistic spaces in gaming. Skyscrapers feel big in a way they don't in other games. Snow feels like urban snow. The atmosphere and presentation blows me away every time I start it up.

Wish the PS4 DLC was on sale. I'd be all over it, but I can't afford to pay £35 for it So close to christmas. It's on sale for like £12 on PC.

If anyone has any further tips for a more casual player on getting to 30 and what's next then I'm all ears.

Damn sounds like you just missed out on the DLC sale in the UK. About 10 days ago all expansions were half price, as was the season pass (£16).

So it the global event now over? I was hoping to do a few more runs to try for my reclaimer chest piece.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn sounds like you just missed out on the DLC sale in the UK. About 10 days ago all expansions were half price, as was the season pass (£16).

So it the global event now over? I was hoping to do a few more runs to try for my reclaimer chest piece.

Aw man! That's gutting. I am TOO late to the party. :( That probably means I need to wait a good while until it goes on sale again. I would have totally snapped up the season pass at that price.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

i wouldn't bother MMing with main missions. not this late in the game's life

campaign is more or less a breeze anyway

Lowkeyedup

Oct 29, 2017
dudei9spx.png

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it's because I'm Canadian so the snowy environment is familiar but Massive really nailed the feel of snowy environments. The graphics and effects in this game really are amazing. Surprised there haven't been more posts in the screenshot threads featuring the division

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Did they make the cosmetic end game loot look any cooler? Just hopped in fresh on PC from PS4