• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
Just redownloaded it a couple days ago. I forgot how much fun it could be. It's a shame I'm broke or I'd buy the dlc.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to be here. The Division has a lot going for it, glad to see it's not being abandoned by Ubisoft. It's an absolute looker on higher-end hardware, too.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Thanks. Where does the stuff you don't use go, like backpack skins?

What about duplicates?

They're stored in your inventory but do not take up space. For clothing open your inventory where your gear is and tab right to appearance, for backpack skins select a backpack and the mod option then there's another button press which says apply skins (triangle on PS4) and for weapons select to mod the weapon, weapon skins are the top left option.

Duplicates are returned as cypher key fragments. The rarer the item the more fragments you will receive in return.

Is there a planned Xbox one x patch?

Its in the works, no confirmed date yet though.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Here's a quick vid I snapped of the odd blinking. And this happens while I'm running as well and panning around even though it looks like I'm only seeing it in this one specific instance.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I forgot how much fun the game is. Been having a blast playing some tonight. The update seems great, it has DLC level of content. I hope Ubi continue to make drops like this until we get a sequel.

Been enjoying exploring the new zone and modes. Still need to try the co-op wave defence mode.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any issues of finding a group on PC, or any hacking issues in the dark zone? If that stuff is going i'm buying the gold edition while it's on sale.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm glad someone made a new OP for this!

Question --

I bought & played it at launch. Really liked the game back then, mainly for the missions/campaign. Played it for about 50 hours but never finished the campaign.

I heard recently they totally overhauled the loot power, and that makes it really hard (impossible?) for older characters to realistically do story missions now?

If I come back, should I just create a totally new character from scratch? What would yall recommend.

Also can you still find matchmaking on PC for story missions without much trouble??

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Okay,trying to get back into this when you are level 30 but havent played in about a year and going solo is almost impossible lol(PS4)...I mean the gear that use to be levels,not the new number stuff,which I have at 138 or something...even the regular guys roaming the zone kill me in no time...did they change the difficulty in there ?can you actually see other players now outside the Dark Zone if you are not in a party ?...I walk in an area and I am surrounded by gunfire,guys rushing me with shotguns,snipers etc etc...

Either I need to go to a lower level area or probably my best bet is to start a new character and level him with the new systems in place.

Question --

I bought & played it at launch. Really liked the game back then, mainly for the missions/campaign. Played it for about 50 hours but never finished the campaign.

I heard recently they totally overhauled the loot power, and that makes it really hard (impossible?) for older characters to realistically do story missions now?

If I come back, should I just create a totally new character from scratch? What would yall recommend.

Also can you still find matchmaking on PC for story missions without much trouble??

For solo play anyway,its damn near impossible but since you didnt finish the OG story,maybe you will have better luck then me.Also not sure its worth it if you just stay with the original stuff,no expansion or Season Pass.

Last edited:

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Last time I played was just when loadouts appeared and was 256 gear score.

Logged in tonight and was now 276.
When I look at other players what's the numbers ( not the gear score number above their heads) that appear in front of them and how do I see what mine is?

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for looking. I'm actually running a 1070 though.

I have a 1070 too and it happens to me as well. May be a driver issue. Happened during the PTS as well. I have other issues though like network lag not allowing me to get any enjoyment out of the PC version whatsoever. I have no issues with any other PC games (Destiny 2, etc) or any console games (including The Division) on the same network. Been pulling my hair out since August with the same issues.

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
Any advice on fastest way to level up and clear story without having to play with others?

Bought this for 20 bucks and love it, but I don't like to sink tons of time into any one specific game, I usually like to power through the campaign and move on

I have 10 hours into this so far, and am level 10. I just finished the level 12 or 14 story mission where you restore power to times square

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I have a 1070 too and it happens to me as well. May be a driver issue. Happened during the PTS as well. I have other issues though like network lag not allowing me to get any enjoyment out of the PC version whatsoever. I have no issues with any other PC games (Destiny 2, etc) or any console games (including The Division) on the same network. Been pulling my hair out since August with the same issues.
Yeah it's weird for sure and as it's been a while since I played, not sure if it's new. Definitely didn't happen last time I played and I had the 1070 then as well. For now I'll just do my best to try and ignore it but it can be very noticeable at times.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Started a new character before on PS4 (played for 40-50 hours in PC back in March last year) and having a blast, I forgot how good and fun this game is. I also tried to matchmake for the first two story missions without much hope and surprisingly I found a full group in less than a minute, new influx of players is definitely helping

One question: I've seen that there's a list of challenges/achievements that wasn't there at launch which are awarding me with a key every time I complete one. What's the function of these keys?

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Downloaded and returned to it today. After hundreds of hours with Destiny and Warframe, I would have thought that The Division hadn´t aged well... but I liked the Last Stand match I played.

Echolocation

Oct 27, 2017
I miss this game a lot. Gonna try to pop on once the last year's worth of updates finish, but that probably won't be until tomorrow at the earliest. Hopefully it won't be like the last time I played, and I can stay connected for more than a few minutes.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK

Question --

From what I remember I'm sure the devs said the new loot system and world tiers do not effect the level 1-30 progeression or until you complete the campaign. However, some loot does not have the retrospective changes so you could be rocking legacy gear.
I've not long ago started a fourth character and so far solo'd up to the second to last mission (I found the campaign and progression pretty enjoyable), try and do some relatively easy side missions or encounters for new gear that should level you up to make the harder content more manageable.

Okay,trying to get back into this when you are level 30 but havent played in about a year and going solo is almost impossible lol(PS4)...I mean the gear that use to be levels,not the new number stuff,which I have at 138 or something...even the regular guys roaming the zone kill me in no time...did they change the difficulty in there ?can you actually see other players now outside the Dark Zone if you are not in a party ?...I walk in an area and I am surrounded by gunfire,guys rushing me with shotguns,snipers etc etc...

Either I need to go to a lower level area or probably my best bet is to start a new character and level him with the new systems in place.

For solo play anyway,its damn near impossible but since you didnt finish the OG story,maybe you will have better luck then me.Also not sure its worth it if you just stay with the original stuff,no expansion or Season Pass.

I have been reading and some users were defaulted to world tier 4 after the latest patch even if you were in the first world tier or the highest so it maybe worth checking, open the map and look in the top left corner and it says which world tier you're in. If it is pretty high drop it down a level or 2 to where you feel comfortable. Red bar enemies sould be a breeze on any tier.

So...start from scratch or roll with my guy who has been untouched since Underground?

I'd stick with your character, the 1-30 aspect of the game hasn't changed so if you can find your feet with your current character I'd stick with that and progress from there.
Started a new character before on PS4 (played for 40-50 hours in PC back in March last year) and having a blast, I forgot how good and fun this game is. I also tried to matchmake for the first two story missions without much hope and surprisingly I found a full group in less than a minute, new influx of players is definitely helping

One question: I've seen that there's a list of challenges/achievements that wasn't there at launch which are awarding me with a key every time I complete one. What's the function of these keys?

These are commendations. Open the menu screen where settings, inventory etc is and select Dossier the top left tile. This shows you challenges to complete in Combat, General, PVP etc. When you complete a commendation step you tend to get a cypher key fragment. 10 fragments make up 1 complete key to redeem at the premium vendor in the HUB for new vanity items, emotes, skins etc.

How's the X enchancements if any?

In the works, not yet released unfortunately.
Last time I played was just when loadouts appeared and was 256 gear score.

Logged in tonight and was now 276.
When I look at other players what's the numbers ( not the gear score number above their heads) that appear in front of them and how do I see what mine is?

That is their commendation score. Open your menu and select Dossier to view the commendations and your score is listed in there. Or go to group management, highlight yourself and the score will also be there.

You are 276 because the gear you have is reasonably well optimised so if you used the optimisation station on a gear piece equipped it may take you to 277 and its these gradual increments from optimising your gear that makes the harder content more manageable. You will have some rolls on your gear already near max to be 276, like the crit chance/crit damage on the gloves you are using etc.

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
From what I remember I'm sure the devs said the new loot system and world tiers do not effect the level 1-30 progeression or until you complete the campaign. However, some loot does not have the retrospective changes so you could be rocking legacy gear.
I've not long ago started a fourth character and so far solo'd up to the second to last mission (I found the campaign and progression pretty enjoyable), try and do some relatively easy side missions or encounters for new gear that should level you up to make the harder content more manageable.
ok awesome thx buddie!

I really liked the game a lot, and didn't really understand the criticisms it got.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
thinking about diving back in this weekend after a 6 month hiatus. with Destiny 2 on the horizon i figured it was time to call i a day but i'm just not having fun. guess i'll go back to sticking with the devil i know

even if i don't i had a great time. glad the game is still getting support and leaving on a good note with a decent population

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
How's the PS4 Pro support?

Pro enhancements:
Checkerboard 4k (according to tests carried out I've watched on YouTube, not DF though).
Improved shadows and reflections, native 4k HUD and world map happened in a previous patch to the res increase.
In game patch notes from when the Pro patch was applied for the resolution:

X3VAoJN.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded the free trial on PS4.

I'll give this a shot. Never played it before.

Is the DLC essential? Like, I'd like to play with other people for a bit before being forced to get DLC. Essentially what I'm asking is if its like Destiny?

Oct 25, 2017
I like the gameplay loop so far. World is neat. Gear is satisfying in that number-getting-larger kind of way/

Controls feel terrible though and the UI is so cluttered. Half the time I don't even know what I can pick up or what I AM picking up since unless you look dead on it's just a white line. So much recoil on guns and you die crazy fast close up so I'm always further back, popping a couple shots at a time. Dunno how I feel about this. Plus, can't hit shit with a grenade since they scatter out of the small blast radius every time.

Mixed so far and I'm at level 5, so more than half way through the trial.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK

Is the DLC essential? Like, I'd like to play with other people for a bit before being forced to get DLC. Essentially what I'm asking is if its like Destiny?

DLC not essential at all. 1.8 is a free content drop which has a PVE Horde mode and a PVP 4v4 TDM mode. All missions can utilise matchmaking so you can either go for it solo or upto a group of 4 to complete a mission. The more players in your group the more HP the enemy has and there will be an increased amount of them.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

It's not, at least until you get to end game. I don't recall any of the expansions adding anything substantial before then.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just got the game during the black friday Steam sale. I just started so I'm sure my gear isn't up to par, but I plan to put some time in the game since I've been enjoying it so far.
Uplay: Quzzar

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
What level items drop again? I found a better weapon but the ilevel is lower and lowed my score but its still better then the higher ilevel stuff I been getting.

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
What level items drop again?

Drop levels depend on the World Tier you're playing in

The rewards in your chosen tier matches the highest Gear Score of that tier, every reward you get brings you a little closer to reaching the highest possible power level of this tier until you unlock the next one and can try yourself against tougher enemies.
  • Tier 1 = Gear Score 163 rewards
  • Tier 2 = Gear Score 182 rewards
  • Tier 3 = Gear Score 204 rewards
  • Tier 4 = Gear Score 229 rewards

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-267742-16/introducing-world-tiers

Tier 5 was added after the article was published (update 1.4) which drops at 256+

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very impressed with 1.8 so far. Played a few hours yesterday and had a blast exploring the West Side Pier. Love the active event system.

I've always had a soft spot for this game. Fantastic world design, the NYC map really is incredible and the atmosphere is superb.

If anyone is playing on PS4 and wouldn't mind playing with someone a bit inexperienced, I'd love to play with others.

Krusche

Oct 28, 2017
There doesn't seem to be an FOV setting on the pc version unless I'm just blind lol, any tricks to mess with the game and get a wider FOV?

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drop levels depend on the World Tier you're playing in

The rewards in your chosen tier matches the highest Gear Score of that tier, every reward you get brings you a little closer to reaching the highest possible power level of this tier until you unlock the next one and can try yourself against tougher enemies.
  • Tier 1 = Gear Score 163 rewards
  • Tier 2 = Gear Score 182 rewards
  • Tier 3 = Gear Score 204 rewards
  • Tier 4 = Gear Score 229 rewards

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-267742-16/introducing-world-tiers

Tier 5 was added after the article was published (update 1.4) which drops at 256+

So question
.. Is this the solution for the lack of level flattening when a high level character plays with a low level one and the low level gets one shotted?

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything besides resistance in the piers and I been to the camp, am I doing something wrong?

Its a bit strange, but head north into the zone and eventually it will pick up the waypoints for the side missions. That said, they do VERY differently. You will not get the GPS turn here lines to reach the locations, you have to figure it out yourself. I actually liked that. Running into spawns got me more loot.