• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
They fucked up the dark zone again.
PVP is what is going to maintain your game alive and they did it again, in the first the problem was that it was full of cheats and bugs. In the 2nd it just isnt fun.
What they achieved in pve is amazing, but pvp..yikes
And lets not talk about how much loot you get into the face, how bad the crafting system is, skills useless and a big etc

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
For a game focused on loot, the loot is pretty shit. I haven't had an upgrade on my 2 loadouts for weeks and they both aren't even close to optimized.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
What they did to the DZ in Division 2 killed off any interest I initially had in the game. Played it for a couple weeks and haven't touched it since. 90% of the reason I loved Division 1 was because of the DZ. Not to mention the loot sucks. The initial gear sets were terrible.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
game didn't hold me like the first one did, and I'm not entirely sure why, it just feels "boring". These are some of the things I felt:

1. The Dark Zone isn't as fun or as exhilarating,.
  2. I didn't feel the same level of progression that I felt in the first game in terms of getting stronger and melting ads/other players.
  3. Specializations are cool in theory, and I know the "supers/ults" from the first game led to a lot of dumb shit (pvp), but at least they were "Fun". Pop survival link and clutch it out, or use attack link and surprise rogues out (because hardly anyone ran attack link)
  4. Snowy NY was a more compelling setting than the swamps of DC
  5. The loot and gear sets were meh compared to the stuff we had in the first game

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017
I can see that. The last time I tried to play, which was about a month ago, it wouldn't matchmake me for any type of bounty mission. Such a shame.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I got a lot of enjoyment out of TD2 on PC, but even before the raid update my interest was waning. Afterwards I lost all interest and bailed.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Dropped it after reaching WT1. I dunno about y'all but even playing the game with friends didn't make it that interesting. It was brutally average, with every encounter being a conveniently placed ammo crate before you go into a room with enemies and conveniently placed explosive containers to shoot.

That only stays interesting for so long, and since that never changed all the way to reaching WT1, I just ended up dropping the game once I had enough of doing the same shit over and over again.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm gonna check out the stuff in Title Update 5, which is why I still have it installed, but like Destiny 2, I've wandered off because I have other games to play. I'll come back to check out the new stuff.

I'm also kinda bummed out that I got a glitch that prevents me from doing the first Hunter mission. I probably would have stuck around longer to collect those cosmetics, but finding this bug took the wind out of my sails. I do think Division 2 is a lot better than the first game, fwiw. I hope they keep supporting it for the next few years.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Go compare the games. The first one looks better objectively. Also no duh. They literally mentioned this specifically.

No, it doesn't. I have thousands of hours in them combined and you're crazy. You're basically repeating the same nonsense everyone was saying pre-release. The Division 2 is a better looking game, don't confuse astetic preference for objective fact.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Been loving it through WT5. Made it through most of raid once, up to RB.

Actually looking forward to raid MM for the cluster it will likely be.

I find the in game MM and daily/weekly missions to be pretty flawless and easy to find other player. Shrugs.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Is this really a bad thing? When the have the next content expansion, more will come back, beat that content, then leave again.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'd say the game did a lot right (the moment to moment PVE is way more fun and engaging, the missions are more interesting in setting and firefights, there's a shit ton to do, etc.) and a few things wrong that really soured the diehards from Div 1. Chief among them:

- right now PVP is a really, really awful. Compared to what players were used to at the end of the first game's life (Last Stand - a PVP mode with objectives and kills, Dark Zone, Survival, etc.), it was really barebones, with Conflict being a mess on spawn camping and the DZ feeling like a huge step back in terms of size/population/and builds, and the balance of the game made it so that there was really only one build worth using at a time. For awhile it was one shot headshots, then tanky shotguns, and in all cases the PVP just wasn't fun. It still isn't and there aren't really any changes on the horizon that suggest it will get fun.

- RNG madness. The loot is generous...you're swimming in gear at all times. The problem is that every piece of gear has some many layers of RNG on it, not just armor rolls, main stats, talents, and brand sets, but also combinations of offensive/defensive/utility rolls...where one being off can turn a piece from the perfect gear to useless for a build, because you can only recalibrate similar stat types and only once.

- Because of this, and the lack of optimization stations, the end game grind is ridiculous. I've gone months at a time without even a minor upgrade to my build, despite being able to look at it and know that at least three pieces out of six could use a complete stat change or higher roll through recalibration. It's a loot based game, where there's tons of loot, but you are rarely upgrading your loot.

- Build diversity. Even for PVE, almost every activity prioritizes builds based on DPS, because skills have been more or less useless outside of heal skills and because it's always quicker to stack damage and kill things than it is to deploy skills. Even the game's first raid just focused on DPS checks, with almost no need for stats outside of damage and elite damage.

- The raid was balanced for PC and had no matchmaking. It's clear that console aim gives players a severe disadvantage to taking the raid on because it's harder to hit headshots consistently. That, combined with the fact that the hardcore playerbase on console was already shrinking, made it hard for players to take on the one bit of content that could yield an actual upgrade to most builds (the exotic AR).

In the end, I think the update on Tuesday may help, because all of a sudden skill builds should theoretically become viable. That'll turn a lot of shit loot into good loot. But ultimately, the game is going to need to:
- Improve the PVP experience;
- Address the severe loot RNG that makes it feel like you're never upgrading;
- Drop new content that is meaningful - whether it's new modes like Survival or something else entirely.

All that said, I still love the game and play it weekly.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Still not an unequivocal indicator, but this is based on a random sampling over over 1m Xbox players, presented without any potential bias from the platform holder.

Div 2 is indeed miserably behind a lot of its competitors, some several years old. But I can't overstate how phenomenally Xbox Game Pass is changing the Xbox player base, and that can and will skew Xbox numbers in a way that PS Now and other subs likely do not. Notice that a pretty huge number of games above Div 2 are either in Game Pass or have been free on GwG.

Yeah. So much to play nowadays. I played a ton of Div 1, and despite Div 2 being better mechanically in basically every way, I'm just distracted by so much other stuff to play. Just in the past week alone I played My Time at Portia, Wolfenstein II, Bloodstained, SMM 2, and the couple things I picked up during the steam sale.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed getting to 30, but once endgame hit, the stat system wasn't enough to keep me going. Grinding armor for better crit chance or reload speed wasn't compelling, and the early armor sets had convoluted bonuses, yet somehow still useless, bonuses. Even the class abilities and trees were in a terrible state (I know these have since been revamped).

Basically, the game failed to get me to care about my character enough to grind anything the endgame was offering. But in its defense, I'm starting to hit that point with most GaaS right now. Monster Hunter World Iceborne is pretty much the only one I'm looking forward too. I've fallen off Destiny 2 completely, and I'm not all that excited for Borderlands 3 at all.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
It's just so insanely dull most of the time. Mechanically sound and an amazingly well built world that somehow managed to not pull in any single member of my group. We all bought it week 1 but tapered off within a month.

Something about New York in the winter - especially survival the Dark Zone... they had some insane mood to them the whole time. I would just go for walks in D1 at night and essentially role play. Hiding from some gangs, killing others, giving out water to people... whatever. Was just so good at pulling you in.

And i got none of that with D2.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
PC and PS4 are leagues ahead for most online games.
Ubisoft confirmed that these two platform are their strongest this morning.
Abysmal on one platform does not mean it's the case for all.
The game is still 60$+ most of the time compared to a lot of games higher on that list, which can contribute quite a lot too.
Yeah, I think it's more of an Xbox issue as opposed to a Division 2 issue. I shudder to think what'll happen to that brand if full legacy support is announced for PS5 as that's the only current advantage it has over PS4.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah, I think it's more of an Xbox issue as opposed to a Division 2 issue. I shudder to think what'll happen to that brand if full legacy support is announced for PS5 as that's the only current advantage it has over PS4.

33 of the games above it are available on PS4.
On Ps4 they're likely to have more players than it too.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
33 of the games above it are available on PS4.
On Ps4 they're likely to have more players than it too.
I don't doubt that it's not blowing up on PS4 either, but it should be noted that even though a lot of the games ahead of it are available on PS4, they are available on subscription services on XBOX that aren't (yet) available on PS4. GamePass and EA Access include:
  1. Minecraft
  2. Ark
  3. Rocket League
  4. Forza Horizon 4
  5. Player Unknown Battlegrounds
  6. Madden 19
  7. Dead By Daylight
  8. Battlefield V
  9. Fallout 4
  10. NHL 19
  11. Halo 5 Guardians
  12. Elder Scrolls Online
  13. Borderlands 2
  14. Star Wars Battlefront II

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The saddest thing of all this is that it's clear Massive wanted to avoid the player retention problems of the first game, what with the large endgame and free DLC. But it didn't seem to help at all.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really enjoyed playing it with my crew on PS4 but the raid being so otherworldly difficult seemed to kill the interest from everyone else in it. We haven't touched it in 4-6 weeks or whatever it's been. I'm still willing to give it another shot, but it needs a content infusion and a re-balance of the raid (of which I hear there are no plans to do).

Jazar

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
It's just so insanely dull most of the time. Mechanically sound and an amazingly well built world that somehow managed to not pull in any single member of my group. We all bought it week 1 but tapered off within a month.

Something about New York in the winter - especially survival the Dark Zone... they had some insane mood to them the whole time. I would just go for walks in D1 at night and essentially role play. Hiding from some gangs, killing others, giving out water to people... whatever. Was just so good at pulling you in.

And i got none of that with D2.

Damn that NY map was so good I played through the campaign twice and had a blast. I should go back and find all the audio logs.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Now that sony is embracing crossplay, it's only a matter of time before cross play happens.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Summertime DC definitely lacks the atmosphere that snowy NYC had. The snowstorms in Div 1 were incredible. The rain in Div 2 doesn't even come close to looking as good.

Div 2 is a great game though, I just dropped off of it pretty quickly for some reason. I think games like Destiny 2 and Borderlands 3 are able to draw people back in much easier with events and DLC because they can be more creative with it. With Div 2 they're limited with what they can do in the realistic setting and it just gets kind of stale.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I loved the leveling in TD2, but noped out of the endgame pretty fast. They seem to be afraid of putting really powerful builds and sets into players' hands for some reason, even though they got that part down by the second year of TD1.
Also, the RNG lottery on loot is absolutely crazy even compared to TD1.

I own the Season Pass, but I'm not coming back until they revamp some things as significantly as they did with TD1 (I think it was in 1.4?).