• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
If it's anything like the caches in Division 1, it's really not that bad imo. The game threw caches at you and the cosmetic content wasn't that great imo outside of emotes. I don't really care that much tbh unless they include game altering things in them which this doesn't. I get where your coming from though.

Couldn't guns be found in caches in Div1 as well? I remember watching streamers grind their ass off looking for a specific gun in the dark zone. Think it was called "The house" or something like that. I don't think you could buy those though, unless that has changed for this game.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
So the 8 classified assignments are exclusive to season pass owners or do they just get them early?

OP
OP
Remark

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't guns be found in caches in Div1 as well? I remember watching streamers grind their ass off looking for a specific gun in the dark zone. Think it was called "The house" or something like that. I don't think you could buy those though, unless that has changed for this game.
Nah that wasn't in the paid caches.

The House was a specific exotic gun drop in the DZ.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I think I The House also dropped in other places, I have like 2 of them but I didn't DZ that much

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Waaaaait.

They are locking Specializations behind a paywall? oO Wow. Okay. I have Gold so I'm all set but still... Weird. People will be mad.

I hope one of the new modes is Survival.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Waaaaait.

They are locking Specializations behind a paywall? oO Wow. Okay. I have Gold so I'm all set but still... Weird. People will be mad.

Not locked, you just get immediate access.
Edit: By the way, has anyone seen a PC copy of the Dark Zone collectors edition? I haven't been able to find any at Australian retailers, just PS4 and XBone. I really like the quality of Ubicollectables stuff. Welp, apparently they're not doing it for PC. I suppose it saves me money I didn't really have to spend on more plastic tat, good guy Ubisoft?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Waaaaait.

They're not. If you have the year 1 pass then you get instant access to the specializations. They still come out for everybody else, but you have to work towards unlocking them.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Not interested in "assignments and bounties". Its always an incredibly small amount of content, advertised as something substantial. Like if Wow advertised "one new mob in zone X will be added".

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Waaaaait.

Nope. Everyone gets access to them, people who get the pass just get instant access to them where as everyone else has to unlock them through gameplay

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Waaaaait.

specializations are not locked behind a paywall
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso...-content-year-1-pass-and-monetization-details
Won't instant access to new Specializations allow Year 1 pass holders gameplay advantage?

Specializations are unique and powerful with abilities and specialized weapons tailored to specific playstyles. When in skilled hands, these can turn the tide of battle. Though Year 1 Pass owners will have the benefit of instant access to new specializations, all players will be able to unlock them over time through gameplay. They will have different strengths and weaknesses, and appeal to different playstyles and tactical situations. Those who choose not to unlock new specializations via the Year 1 Pass or gameplay will still have access to the original three: Sharpshooter, Survivalist, and Demolitionist, and these will offer the same tier of power as new specializations.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
It's a bit like Rainbow Six Siege with the yearly pass, buy for early access, get some cosmetics as well. Which is fine, it wasn't that different in Division 1.

The Roadmap and Trailer is also well made and offers a lot of details and stuff to look forward to, not like some other games...

Played Division 1 for 100+ hours, so pretty long for my standards at least, but still a bit on the fence when it comes to Division 2. Always missed some kind of unique weapons and clothing, everything was so "normal", well at least most of the stuff. Maybe the specializations and unique weapons will help, could be a good deal then.

I also really liked the Survival DLC for Division 1, but I'm not sure if it was well received with the "normal" hardcore Division players. Also they would need to come up with something totally different I guess, with the snow gone ;)

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
So this all is free and there is no other season pass? Like people who bought the gold edition just get earier access?

Oct 27, 2017
Even though it's a bit lame to have to wait 7 days if you don't have the season pass to get the free content, it's less lame than having to wait 7 days because you bought the wrong console (Black ops 4).

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit that I'm feeling pretty good about The Division 2 and what could be coming down the line for the game. Hopefully the end game will be smoother at the start compared to when the original's, but even so, I'm feeling more confident that I won't suddenly trade in Division 2 as soon as I finish it. Hopefully anyway...

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I think I The House also dropped in other places, I have like 2 of them but I didn't DZ that much
Nah The House was exclusive to the DZ. They may have changed it when they started doing exotic caches for World Events and other stuff.
You could get The House in Underground and PVE world bosses.

Give me that melee specialization with a chainsaw signature weapon.
This would be amazing, but not very fitting for a "good guy" Division agent... Unless your agent used to be Leatherface, from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
This is going to be the best Schloot 'em up! I hope there will be some cool easter eggs in the pentagon.