• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it going to be locked at 30fps on console? I played the original on PC with a controller, so I'd love to get this for X, but not if it's locked at 30. I remember playing the PS4 version of the first game at my buddy's and hating it.

Jun 1, 2018
The game looks great and i already preordered but does anybody else miss the snow? That made the game look so georgous and im afraid the atmosphere is gonna be lacking without the skyscrapers and snowed in city

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is it going to be locked at 30fps on console? I played the original on PC with a controller, so I'd love to get this for X, but not if it's locked at 30. I remember playing the PS4 version of the first game at my buddy's and hating it.
Yeah, it'll be 30, sadly.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Why do they have to add any of those? What good what it do the setting?

They don't have to add them. The problem I had with the Division 1 was that the realistic setting was holding Massive back. Enemy variety, gun variety, mechanics variety, it all suffers under the yoke of realism. Leveling up and looting aren't as exciting. It's really hard to expand on the concept, when all you are fighting is guys with guns and the occassional Armored Large Man (who's quite unrealistic in his own right). And that's on top of the already unrealistic mechanic of HP bars and bullet-sponges. You can see they're trying to shake things up with the Boston Dynamics Dog Drone. Imagine what they could do if they went with a near realistic setting, like Esoterrorists.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how Ubisoft always takes advantage of the X. I might get the game but still don't know since I'm planning to play Anthem

So strange that they've never patched Watch Dogs 2 for the X but there's a Pro patch. There's got to be an exclusive patch deal there especially considering how Watch Dogs 2 came out right around the time the Pro launched. Very strange indeed.

The Division 2 is looking great!

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Ubi better drop that resolution in favour of a locked frame-rate. Also, I hate screen tearing, hope it's fixed at or soon after launch.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
So strange that they've never patched Watch Dogs 2 for the X but there's a Pro patch. There's got to be an exclusive patch deal there especially considering how Watch Dogs 2 came out right around the time the Pro launched. Very strange indeed.

It is strange indeed. I was wondering the same too tbh. Watch Dogs 2 would've looked even better with an X patch!

Nov 30, 2018

Why don't more old Sony exclusives get Pro updates?

Nobody knows. Could be nobody's working on it anymore to do the X patch.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Ubi better drop that resolution in favour of a locked frame-rate. Also, I hate screen tearing, hope it's fixed at or soon after launch.

Hopefully the launch version is locked and screen tearing is eliminated. We don't know how old this demo build is, so I am hopeful that they have it locked down by launch.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of indirect lighting is what makes everything look worse than fist game. Too much black in shadows and characters, it looks plain and old gen. They must be added so much in other parts of the game to be forced to can the lighting this way.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017

Patches cost money and when support of a game is dropped, enhanced patches are far less likely. If the two systems launched at opposite times, we'd likely see the 1X version receiving a patch while the Pro would be unsupported.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just registered for the beta (PC) a few minutes ago...hopefully I get in...they sure are offering a lot of content in the beta...

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Game has the same flat look Wildlands did at times. First game handled lighting much better IMO

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Patches cost money and when support of a game is dropped, enhanced patches are far less likely. If the two systems launched at opposite times, we'd likely see the 1X version receiving a patch while the Pro would be unsupported.

We are talking Ubi here, not some small indie dev.

The Pro enhancement was so good, damn shame they didn't bother with the One X.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Is it likely that there will be a deal that beats the current price of $50 on GMG right now for the PC version of the full game?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I played Division 1 on my old PC and it ran great, can't wait to see what my new one can do tomorrow.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the game still doesn't look as gorgeous as it did in the very first reveal of Division 1 before the graphics downgrade...I'm not even sure that D2 looks better overall then D1

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
They don't have to add them. The problem I had with the Division 1 was that the realistic setting was holding Massive back. Enemy variety, gun variety, mechanics variety, it all suffers under the yoke of realism. Leveling up and looting aren't as exciting. It's really hard to expand on the concept, when all you are fighting is guys with guns and the occassional Armored Large Man (who's quite unrealistic in his own right). And that's on top of the already unrealistic mechanic of HP bars and bullet-sponges. You can see they're trying to shake things up with the Boston Dynamics Dog Drone. Imagine what they could do if they went with a near realistic setting, like Esoterrorists.
Yea this is the big negative I had with the first game. The loot especially just doesn't feel special or fun to use after a little bit.

Nov 16, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I dont' know if it was just me or what but I jumped into the first game pretty late (after the survival DLC dropped) and tried to play through and hit a HARD brick wall in difficulty where I had completed all the available story missions and the next one I could find on the map had guys taking 2 full magazines to the face to kill and were 2 shotting me with pistols from a block away.

I uninstalled it and never went back.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Impressive. If only Bioware and some jp devs could learn something from Massive. Different engines I know but still.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, it's not less relevant now. The video shows a lot more dogbots too. I'm not picky, I'll settle for ghosts, mutants or aliens.

That would ruin one of my all time favorite IPs.

Just this thought alone annoys me.

Are they adding dynamic Gore to Pokemon this time? I really wanna feel the viseral nature of the animal fights.

Nov 16, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Wow...

Watch and learn Anthem.

I believe that Anthem is native 4k on the 1X. I tried the demo on my 1X and PC and the PC was set to ultra. Pixel peeping screenshots of the same scene between both versions of the game revealed virtually no difference in texture quality or sharpness/resolution.

Now, granted the 1X performance wasn't the smoothest thing in the world (nor was the PC version despite having an i7 and 2080) but the 1X version most certainly wasn't lacking in resolution or visual quality.

All that said, from what I've seen, the PC version of Division2 gets extra graphical goodies that the consoles won't have. Maybe that's the lesson that Anthem should have taken and learned from. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Bioware scale back certain visual elements on the consoles to stablize performance.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Snowdrop is such a magical engine. The game(s) runs at 4K on consoles while:

- it's open world
- it's multiplayer
- has various graphical effects
- has patrolling NPCs
- has various factions with different AI logic
But only runs in 4k on X, on Pro it was 4k menus and lower res for the game (though I don't remember the exact number it drops to around 60% of 4k, and the upper bound is around 1800p)

Though that was probably higher res counts than other games on Pro around that time, so there's that.