• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Depends on what your build is centered around. It's an infinite progression system though so you'll eventually max all of them, though it'll take quite a long time.
I would guess that the priorities should be:
  • Red: Weapon damage (as every shot does more damage with this stat - so it's good for all of your builds) or Crit Chance (as it'll let you get to the 60% cap quicker, letting you not worry about crit rolls on certain gear or mods). Crit damage gets less good the more you stack, as does headshot damage. Both are good, just not as good.
  • Blue: Armor first, hazard protection second? 10% health represents a very small amount right now (plus you get a little extra health with each level anyway). Explosive resistance seems okay, but explosions wreck and I think you're mostly going to want to play to avoid getting hit by them anyway.
  • Yellow: I'm doing Skill Haste, but that's because I'm not on a skill build with damage or heals (decoy + revive hive). I would guess that Skill damage or Skill repair are better if you use skills that do those, since cooldowns are pretty short now and a 10% increase is going to amount to like a second, and skill duration if you're doing something that can take advantage like the defender drone?
  • Green: they are all decent except ammo capacity last? I would personally go reload speed (since it ups your DPS) then handling then accuracy then ammo capacity.
  • Scavenging: just take the credits - you should be maxed or near maxed on resources nearly all the time.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this game has some fantasy elements to it. Someone mentioned they're working on a "zombie" design, but I'd love to see some kind of monsters too. Some of the locations have a super creepy vibe to them, a mutant creature stalking you could be so damn effective.

It'll likely never happen, but the game feels so suited to it...

What shield do I use and what stats do I focuse on with that skill?
Skill Tier is the best way to improve a shield, but armour will do it too.

The best is really preference. I like Crusader/Striker most for pve, but some prefer the Bulwark. I hear Bulwark is better for pvp.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how anyone could play this game at a higher level without just having Gila Guard sets and swapping out nearly every slot to armor. I have 1.3M armor and still get melted nearly every time I try to solo a bounty.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this game has some fantasy elements to it. Someone mentioned they're working on a "zombie" design, but I'd love to see some kind of monsters too. Some of the locations have a super creepy vibe to them, a mutant creature stalking you could be so damn effective.

It'll likely never happen, but the game feels so suited to it...

Skill Tier is the best way to improve a shield, but armour will do it too.

The best is really preference. I like Crusader/Striker most for pve, but some prefer the Bulwark. I hear Bulwark is better for pvp.
thanks, I tried the one that lets me use the smg, I liked it. It feels cool.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I have no idea how anyone could play this game at a higher level without just having Gila Guard sets and swapping out nearly every slot to armor. I have 1.3M armor and still get melted nearly every time I try to solo a bounty.
Consensus seems to be that stacking armor is not the way to beat higher difficulties (Heroic and Legendary) - the difference between 1.3 million armor, 1 million armor and 800 armor, honestly isn't that much - you get melted by SMGs and snipers no matter what. Your survivability actually goes up quite a bit if you take some blue rolls and make them red so that you're downing enemies quicker. Less enemies on the battlefield is less damage taken.

That honestly is in the player base's biggest criticisms of Gear 2.0 update:
1- 3 and 4 player scaling seems way off with time to kills getting ridiculous on Heroic and Legendary;
2 - armor and armor regeneration seem really underpowered compared to Weapon Damage and Skill Tier and Crit Chance/Crit Damage tec.;
3 - exotics have random rolls, so you can grind for days and days and finally have one drop that is an actually trash weapon or piece of gear. At least if they could be upgraded or re-calibrated that would lessen some sting.

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
I hope they do because nothing sucks more than farming for an exotic for hours and finally getting it but with bad rolls. The stats on my Lady Death aren't bad but they're not amazing either and I spent all day on Saturday farming it.

dI8Ol98.png

Where did you get yours drop at my friend?

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I would guess that the priorities should be:
  • Red: Weapon damage (as every shot does more damage with this stat - so it's good for all of your builds) or Crit Chance (as it'll let you get to the 60% cap quicker, letting you not worry about crit rolls on certain gear or mods). Crit damage gets less good the more you stack, as does headshot damage. Both are good, just not as good.
  • Blue: Armor first, hazard protection second? 10% health represents a very small amount right now (plus you get a little extra health with each level anyway). Explosive resistance seems okay, but explosions wreck and I think you're mostly going to want to play to avoid getting hit by them anyway.
  • Yellow: I'm doing Skill Haste, but that's because I'm not on a skill build with damage or heals (decoy + revive hive). I would guess that Skill damage or Skill repair are better if you use skills that do those, since cooldowns are pretty short now and a 10% increase is going to amount to like a second, and skill duration if you're doing something that can take advantage like the defender drone?
  • Green: they are all decent except ammo capacity last? I would personally go reload speed then handling then accuracy then ammo capacity.
  • Scavenging: just take the credits - you should be maxed or near maxed on resources nearly all the time.

Thank you for this. Helpful to see what peoples thoughts are on the stats.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Where did you get yours drop at my friend?

It can drop from any named enemy in NY. I just went around killing them and it finally dropped. Named enemies do have a 30 minute respawn timer though. Mine didn't drop from them, but the one I see mentioned most that drops it is Adam and Eve. Here's a map of all named enemy locations in NY. Adam and Eve spawn at the one where the black line is drawn from the circle to the star. Basically the one at the bottom middle/right.

Division-2-Warlords-of-New-York-Named-Roaming-NPC-Map-2048x1152.jpg

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I want to take a step back from the game until the loot drops get resolved, but I get the feeling it's going to be a long while before we get any major balance passes and loot drop fixes. Difficulty scaling is out of whack right now.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the onboarding process for that is clearly marked. Because there is way too much shit everywhere and it's confusing and I have played both games a lot.

I only did this yesterday so you'd think I'd remember, but I'm pretty sure you get a mission prompt to check out Seasons after you finish the final boss encounter and are back at Haven. Also, when you hit the main menu after finishing the campaign, the WONY Progression pane is replaced with the Seasons pane. All this is accompanied by tutorial dialogs when you open Seasons for the first time (I think through the main menu, but I bet it also pops if you visit the Seasons officer first).

Consensus seems to be that stacking armor is not the way to beat higher difficulties (Heroic and Legendary) - the difference between 1.3 million armor, 1 million armor and 800 armor, honestly isn't that much - you get melted by SMGs and snipers no matter what. Your survivability actually goes up quite a bit if you take some blue rolls and make them red so that you're downing enemies quicker. Less enemies on the battlefield is less damage taken.

That honestly is in the player base's biggest criticisms of Gear 2.0 update:
1- 3 and 4 player scaling seems way off with time to kills getting ridiculous on Heroic and Legendary;
2 - armor and armor regeneration seem really underpowered compared to Weapon Damage and Skill Tier and Crit Chance/Crit Damage tec.;
3 - exotics have random rolls, so you can grind for days and days and finally have one drop that is an actually trash weapon or piece of gear. At least if they could be upgraded or re-calibrated that would lessen some sting.

I feel like the armor vs. DPS issue is exactly what people complained about in launch endgame as well: don't bother with armor, don't bother with skills, just stack damage and crit. As someone who didn't play often above Hard, I kept my Patience build because I'm risk-averse, but it seemed like everyone else was very heavy on damage.

I know skills are better now, but are you saying Massive made armor tanking more viable at some point, only to pull it back with Gear 2.0? Because that would be hilarious if true.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So i got the expansion and never really played D2 that much when it came out so my character was only level 4 or 5. So I did the boost to start the expansion and it feels like I am cheating. I have all these awesome items and guns and if feels like I cheated to get to 30 to play the expansion. I almost feel like playing through the base game as a lot of stuff is foreign to me and the special ability that I have I have no clue how to use properly or stuff like that. But damn is New York (On Xbox One X) is so great looking....feels like the engine was reworked as it looks so much better than the base game.

It feels like you cheated 'cause you did cheat, mate :). Not hating or judging but it is what it is.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like being forced to play through missions once on story before I can change difficulty.

Oct 27, 2017
What shield do I use and what stats do I focuse on with that skill?

It probably depends on how aggressive you want to be. I have a general tank build I use right now. My setup is running the artificer hive (Technician spec) with the Bulwark shield. I stack mostly blue gear pieces and one red somewhere with a high weapon damage roll (since you get free +1 skill from the spec).

You can only use your sidearm with the Bulwark shield, so you probably want a Douglas & Harding gear piece somewhere for the 20% pistol damage. As for weapon, I've been using the Technician's Maxim 9 sidearm because it's steady and the range is decent for handgun. I've been re-calibrating secondary gear stats into high headshot damage when possible as well. The Liberty handgun's talent is made for pairing with a shield and might even allow you to swap the hive for something else, but I don't have a lv40 one yet.

Main weapons don't matter as much, but I generally keep an assault rifle for when I have to duck back into cover and also my old lv30 Sweet Dreams because of the melee instakill on reds/purples lol.

For talents, I use Vanguard on chest, which gives 45% of my armor (this is why I stack blues instead of yellows) as bonus armor to my teammates every 25 seconds when I redeploy my shield. The talent on the Tardigrade exotic chest piece is even better than this, but I don't have that yet. I have the protector talent on my backpack which gives even more bonus armor to teammates whenever my shield is damaged...which is basically always.

A holstered artificer hive refreshes your shield HP every 6 seconds (I think). So if your bulwark HP can survive that long, you're basically immune to gunfire from the front. I mostly match with randoms online, and I find most of them running high dps builds with very low armor and low self-healing. I find with this build I can be pretty effective at pulling enemy attention toward myself and allowing my teammates to do more sustained damage as well as survive longer with the constant bonus armor. I'm not doing huge damage numbers, but I usually come in ok at the end-of-mission report since I pretty much never stop firing.

The big weaknesses so far are explosion or burn damage, and just getting flanked. I've equipped some burn resistance mods recently, but I don't feel like they make a huge difference. And not getting flanked just comes down to not pushing any farther in front of your team than you really need to and keeping one eye on the radar at all times.

I've only run this build up to Hard difficulty so far, but I feel pretty good about taking it into Challenging with decent teammates. Right now I am farming a True Patriot set and still need the backpack. Once I have it I'll probably run that 4pc set for buffs/debuffs/self-healing and keep Vanguard on the chest.

I'm still playing around with the other shields, but haven't hit on anything that works nearly as well yet.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I only recently stumbled upon that as well. 150 hours in lol
The only reason I found out was because I was one SHD cache short of having all the skill variants look up the possible locations and one was downtown west and when I got to it I couldn't get it then I found out since that area doesn't have a safe house that the laptop was in the settlement.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It probably depends on how aggressive you want to be. I have a general tank build I use right now. My setup is running the artificer hive (Technician spec) with the Bulwark shield. I stack mostly blue gear pieces and one red somewhere with a high weapon damage roll (since you get free +1 skill from the spec).

You can only use your sidearm with the Bulwark shield, so you probably want a Douglas & Harding gear piece somewhere for the 20% pistol damage. As for weapon, I've been using the Technician's Maxim 9 sidearm because it's steady and the range is decent for handgun. I've been re-calibrating secondary gear stats into high headshot damage when possible as well. The Liberty handgun's talent is made for pairing with a shield and might even allow you to swap the hive for something else, but I don't have a lv40 one yet.

For talents, I use Vanguard on chest, which gives 45% of my armor (this is why I stack blues instead of yellows) as bonus armor to my teammates every 25 seconds when I redeploy my shield. The talent on the Tardigrade exotic chest piece is even better than this, but I don't have that yet. I have the protector talent on my backpack which gives even more bonus armor to teammates whenever my shield is damaged...which is basically always.

A holstered artificer hive refreshes your shield HP every 6 seconds (I think). So if your bulwark HP can survive that long, you're basically immune to gunfire from the front. I mostly match with randoms online, and I find most of them running high dps builds with very low armor and low self-healing. I find with this build I can be pretty effective at pulling enemy attention toward myself and allowing my teammates to do more sustained damage as well as survive longer with the constant bonus armor. I'm not doing huge damage numbers, but I usually come in ok at the end-of-mission report since I pretty much never stop firing.

The big weaknesses so far are explosion or burn damage, and just getting flanked. I've equipped some burn resistance mods recently, but I don't feel like they make a huge difference. And not getting flanked just comes down to not pushing any farther in front of your team than you really need to and keeping one eye on the radar at all times.

I've run this build up to Hard difficulty so far, but I feel pretty good about taking it into Challenging with decent teammates. Right now I am farming a True Patriot set and still need the backpack. Once I have it I'll probably run that 4pc set for buffs/debuffs/self-healing and keep Vanguard on the chest.

I'm still playing around with the other shields, but haven't hit on anything that works nearly as well yet.
Crusader and Striker work very well in Hard and Challenging.

I run a Perfect Vangurd build and can tank tonnes of damage, it doesn't ever feel like I really need more... so far at least.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I only did this yesterday so you'd think I'd remember, but I'm pretty sure you get a mission prompt to check out Seasons after you finish the final boss encounter and are back at Haven. Also, when you hit the main menu after finishing the campaign, the WONY Progression pane is replaced with the Seasons pane. All this is accompanied by tutorial dialogs when you open Seasons for the first time (I think through the main menu, but I bet it also pops if you visit the Seasons officer first).

I feel like the armor vs. DPS issue is exactly what people complained about in launch endgame as well: don't bother with armor, don't bother with skills, just stack damage and crit. As someone who didn't play often above Hard, I kept my Patience build because I'm risk-averse, but it seemed like everyone else was very heavy on damage.

I know skills are better now, but are you saying Massive made armor tanking more viable at some point, only to pull it back with Gear 2.0? Because that would be hilarious if true.
We'll see how it plays out over the next couple of weeks. Normal/Hard, every build seems pretty much viable solo or in a group. Challenging and Heroic, it seems like Armor has diminishing returns, so you might as well stack Damage. Legendary, it seems like most teams tackling this actually do have mix of tank/healer/dps, so in one sense they did that right?

But my gut instinct is that they are either going to realize that 3-4 player scaling isn't working as intended, that some multiplier isn't working right, or that they over-estimated the community's patience for sponginess on higher levels. I expect the meta to change by the end of the month, with some kind of adjustment to armor/time to kill/enemy damage.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, now I feel godly again.

6 skill tier with technician damage bonus and about 40% more skill damage on top of that. 11 cluster mines that deal 2+mil a pop base paired with a sniper turret with 15 ammo and a 4 second cool down per shot.

With skilled talent, I have a 25% chance of resetting the seeker mines every kill. Whatever they don't kill the sniper turret does with it's 2 million damage shots. Coupled with combined arms on an AR that gives you +25% skill damage for 3 seconds after shooting an enemy means I am almost never out of cover except to activate the effect before the mines land or a take a sniper shot which means I can clear room saftely with no concern to downtime actually shooting. I'm squishy but safe outside of coop scaling basically requiring I have a healer next to me as mobs don't die as fast meaning they are always chucking grenades.

Everything is fun again and I'm so glad to have moved away from the weapon focused meta. It's dull and basically requires a healing skill as your armor is constantly melted.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the complaint about the loot related to the expansion? There's two recal benches.

Are you saying there is a way to recal exotics and other named lvl30 weapons into lvl 40?
I am under impression that as soon as you start getting lvl >30 items, you can bin the <30 ones.

Having to pay money to get the new level cap is standard procedure. If you don't want to purchase it you can play at the old level cap and take advantage of the new itemisation for free. Warframe and PoE don't have level caps in the same way Div2 does. They also both "force" you to spend money about as much as TD2 does.

Sure, Warframe's economy requires either time or money. However, even if someone is progressing slower, we still played the game together. Warframe is a different kind of game because it leans heavily towards resource farming as opposed to RNG drops and godrolls.

I don't think you know PoE business model if you think there is anything you can purchase anything gameplay. The only item you could technically purchase from GGG was a gear stash slot increase, but it was the convenience thing that doesn't add any stats nor unlocks new content.

I don't get the argument from the historical side: the way things were done in the past is not a good argument why they should continue/re-emerge today. It was a standard procedure to have $200 T1 decks in MTGO, and now you get the full collection of cards simply by playing LoR, and a whole bunch of cards for playing MTGA. Community is happy because it costs less/works for free, developers don't have to do anything to balance P2W advantages and WotC (publisher) enjoys the unprecedented revenue. Everyone wins because the old business model was worse.

Look at COD: historically it was a $60 game with $50 Map-packs. Changing the business model helped to increase the revenue for Activision, and give all the maps to everyone. It is not the zero-sum game, you don't have to hold the content as some kind of hostage to profit from the community.

Doesn't matter now... bought the Warlords. -€24

What happens when I play with someone doing level-30 missions using higher level gear?

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Using Call for Backup mid mission is booting me out of the mission and dumping me at the White House. Very annoying.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I really don't like being forced to play through missions once on story before I can change difficulty.
The reason that is is because any non-story difficulty has randomized enemy spawns and group composition while story does not.
That means story difficulty is basically the "curated" version of the story and Massive knows exactly how many enemies spawn at which time from where.
That's how it is designed and setup.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The reason that is is because any non-story difficulty has randomized enemy spawns and group composition while story does not.
That means story difficulty is basically the "curated" version of the story and Massive knows exactly how many enemies spawn at which time from where.
That's how it is designed and setup.
Yeh I know, I don't like this part of the design.

May 10, 2019
Don't if this a bug or not but it happens with shield enemies in NY. The shields will explode if run close towards them when the enemy isn't using it, which is the norm.

Last night I was flanking and one dropped the shield and started to shoot from it but I was already on top of him and the shield blew up with him still firing and it took out another near by as well.

I'm going to see if I can get it to happen again and find out for sure but did this happen to anyone else?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'm so glad to have moved away from the weapon focused meta. It's dull and basically requires a healing skill as your armor is constantly melted.

I get away without any healing skill (unless you count the hive reviver as healing but it only comes into play once you're down) just fine through Heroic difficulty. You just have to use more cover and know when to stay back and when to push. Legendary remains to be seen since I haven't played any missions on that difficulty yet.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What an evening.

Working on my lvl4 Field Research for Firewall, blazed through 1-4... I hadn't been to the Pentagon yet so I needed to do the story mission before I could access DARPA Research Labs, and I had to do DRL on Story first before I could tackle it on Hard for the final step. That first mission at the Pentagon is like a Stronghold, and the Drone boss is a bit of a slog... I thought I'd be done quick, so I could play some dreams, but now I'm committed lol... so on I go...

First run: I get to the boss and I'm getting bored with Story mode, so I put in a call for back up just to help speed it along... and the game boots me back to the White House. Bler, it's fine, it's easy... I'll just do it again!

Second run, I get halfway and risk a call again... boots me back to White House... (am I missing something with this system?)

Third... I just forget about Calling, finish it.

Took me about 5 times as long as I thought it would to get here (grrr), but I'm finally at the step to finish the research!

Put in a call for backup BEFORE I being this time (fool me twice...), and half-way through someone joins (woo!). SHD level 45, so I figure great this should be a breeze... and it is at first (although the dude seems to be actively waiting for me to bring health down before popping off a couple of shots and taking the kill on pretty much every target... idc as it doesn't matter at all, but it's kind of funny) and then we get to the boss room...

We blitz the first couple of waves, but it gets hairy a few times because they're rushing in just going ham. I have Perfect Vanguard, so I keep an eye on them and manage to save their arse a few times (them two with some choice drone heals). We get to the point where the boss calls for medics and 5 elites, a leader that gives everyone over shields, and a mini-gun spawn, and I ask to group up, but they ignore me and die surrounded... and I try my best to revive, but we wipe.

Same thing happens pretty much exactly again. Second wipe.

I say "please don't leave!, when we get to that part we need to group up near the back, so we're not caught between the spawn and the Boss sniping us!" and they say "K".

And... this time we actually stay together, focus fire, I call out targets and they respond... and damn, it gets super tense at times. At one point I had almost no health, the guy was about to drop and an Elite rushes up behind him. I run in, deploy my shield to cover his back, he heals me with a drone. We move very slowly away and drop the two Elites harassing us, then take a new position and down the boss. That felt cool af!

This encounter was only on Hard, maybe I was just so over it by then... but it was one of the hardest missions I've played so far (still not sure about balancing in this game), but damn if it wasn't such a satisfying experience to finally have it all click. The boss drops, I score a sweet piece of new loot, and my Field Research updates.

Session begins expecting a quick hour or so.
4 hours later...

This game....

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best roll you've got from a crafted weapon like Savage Wolverine? Is i possible for it to roll with a stat max?

I got a pretty good one first try, not sure if it'll be worth spending more to try for better...

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Looking forward to the Season starting tomorrow. I have had my world set to Heroic and it's been challenging/rewarding taking over control points constantly, but I'm ready to get new progression/rewards going without feeling like I need to play it on the hardest difficulty. Division is most fun to me when I feel I can efficiently take down enemies, but can't play stupid. I think that's sitting at Challenging right now.

PS: Does anyone know if the hunter difficulties scale with the World? Wondering if I should try to take them on in Heroic.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
to those wanting to join a PS4 clan, just pm me, it is not the most active though but at least we got the bronze clan cache haha

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Looking forward to the Season starting tomorrow. I have had my world set to Heroic and it's been challenging/rewarding taking over control points constantly, but I'm ready to get new progression/rewards going without feeling like I need to play it on the hardest difficulty. Division is most fun to me when I feel I can efficiently take down enemies, but can't play stupid. I think that's sitting at Challenging right now.

PS: Does anyone know if the hunter difficulties scale with the World? Wondering if I should try to take them on in Heroic.
What's the build that you're running? Heroic all the time? Wow

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So is there something I have to do after I have finished everything in NY to get the world state to act like DC? All my control points are friendly captured and no enemies are even trying to capture them, it's like DC before you move to WT1.

EDIT - so apparently changing difficulty is supposed to reset the control points but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I think the bounty Violent Delights is bugged. Sucks to go through two phases of the bounty only to realize the last part is inside the Federal Reserve and for whatever reason you can't get onto the trading floor.

Just purchased two copies. Should I get the DLC immediately or wait till I've done the base campaign?

If you've never played the base campaign it's well worth going through. The only reasons I can think of to rush it are a) you want to catch up with buddies playing WONY, or b) you really want to get in on Seasons.

EDIT: Sorry, you said BUY, not PLAY. I think buying before April gets you some pre-order in-game apparel items as well. Otherwise I don't think it makes a difference?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the Grudge with two god rolled stats on it, worth keeping?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
What's the build that you're running? Heroic all the time? Wow
It's far from optimized. 58% crit chance, 95%-ish Crit Damage, 89%-ish headshot damage, 1 million armor, 330k health is the basic overview.

Basically 2 cores for Armor, 4 for Weapon damage. Attributes rolled for crit chance & crit damage as a priority and headshot damage where I couldn't roll those (I thibk I have a random hazard prot in there). One blue mod (prot elites), 2 red mods (crit chance, crit damage). The named AR from the clan vendor (Burn Out), an M700 with Breadbasket.

Composure and Obliterate as the two talents, I think. Unbreakable might be better, though?

I use revive hive and the decoy.

In an ideal world I'd run 1 Gila, 3 Providence, 1 Ceska, 1 Grupo, but I have a 511 instead of Grupo just based on what's dropped.

I'd say every piece of gear has one god roll but no single piece has multiple stats maxed.

i still die a lot on Heroic, but find I can clear checkpoints most of the time in 15 minutes with no deaths and the open world is only a major problem when multiple activities end up fighting me at the same time. That said, FUCK SMG RUSHERS ON HEROIC.

if you want I can post screenshotted build tomorrow. Like I said far from optimal.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's far from optimized. 58% crit chance, 95%-ish Crit Damage, 89%-ish headshot damage, 1 million armor, 330k health is the basic overview.

Basically 2 cores for Armor, 4 for Weapon damage. Attributes rolled for crit chance & crit damage as a priority and headshot damage where I couldn't roll those (I thibk I have a random hazard prot in there). One blue mod (prot elites), 2 red mods (crit chance, crit damage). The named AR from the clan vendor (Burn Out), an M700 with Breadbasket.

Composure and Obliterate as the two talents, I think. Unbreakable might be better, though?

I use revive hive and the decoy.

In an ideal world I'd run 1 Gila, 3 Providence, 1 Ceska, 1 Grupo, but I have a 511 instead of Grupo just based on what's dropped.

I'd say every piece of gear has one god roll but no single piece has multiple stats maxed.

i still die a lot on Heroic, but find I can clear checkpoints most of the time in 15 minutes with no deaths and the open world is only a major problem when multiple activities end up fighting me at the same time. That said, FUCK SMG RUSHERS ON HEROIC.

if you want I can post screenshotted build tomorrow. Like I said far from optimal.
Thanks for the overview. what are the drops like?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Thanks for the overview. what are the drops like?
I fond that occasionally you complete a control point and end up with gear you just throw at the recal library, but overall I usually end up with 1-2 pieces from the encounter that seem like they might be useful for a build or one piece with a godroll for recal library. Definitely better overall drops than challenging, but not guaranteed amazing stuff each time. It feels weird to still see purples on Heroic too, hah.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I got annoyed at not getting a single 1886 while leveling to 40 so I went and got a Diamondback.

It double god rolled. =D

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I think the bounty Violent Delights is bugged. Sucks to go through two phases of the bounty only to realize the last part is inside the Federal Reserve and for whatever reason you can't get onto the trading floor.

If you've never played the base campaign it's well worth going through. The only reasons I can think of to rush it are a) you want to catch up with buddies playing WONY, or b) you really want to get in on Seasons.

EDIT: Sorry, you said BUY, not PLAY. I think buying before April gets you some pre-order in-game apparel items as well. Otherwise I don't think it makes a difference?

Okay sweet I'll get the DLC after. Thanks