• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Bullet King farming %:

1% chance on normal
3% on hard
5% on challenging
7% on heroic

Normal it is! Challenge accepted.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone please help me out? I have no idea where I am supposed to go to access the free DLC missions. I'm level 30 and just finished the final strongholds. I'm in the Black Tusk endgame with really no clue what I'm even supposed to do. I'm not interested in grinding...I just want some more missions. Where do I go for the free DLC??

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Running around DC, and I just really love the world that is created here. I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic, and the detail all around you is insane.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any good Exotics that synergize well with status effects? I've had some success with Ongoing Directive, but I'm trying to figure out the best Specialization and weapons to run with it in order to maximize Hollow Point ammo drops.

EDIT: It's pretty clear to me after a quick look-see that Survivalist is the way to go, but I've got one big problem: How the hell do I get specialization points now? It used to be "just play" but now I don't get them on level-up, and scant few bounties seem to award three.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can someone please help me out? I have no idea where I am supposed to go to access the free DLC missions. I'm level 30 and just finished the final strongholds. I'm in the Black Tusk endgame with really no clue what I'm even supposed to do. I'm not interested in grinding...I just want some more missions. Where do I go for the free DLC??
You beat the invaded missions and strongholds to go through the world tiers. once you reach world tier 5, you get all the missions.
you don't really need to grind at all.

Oct 27, 2017
How do you counter robotic enemies? The amount of HP on them is too great, especially for sniper builds which rely on headshots/weakspots.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So, is it just me or is there any reason to save lvl 30 gear? Since you can't even use what you extract, it feels like a waste to keep around.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Do they stagged when you hit those red weakpoints enough? What is the damage multiplier on them?

I do shoot at the legs, but I still find them to be an absolute tanks against slow firing weapons.

I have no idea what the multiplier is, but when you destroy one of the weak spots on the legs, they get shocked and disabled for a couple of seconds so you can lay into them.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
So, is it just me or is there any reason to save lvl 30 gear? Since you can't even use what you extract, it feels like a waste to keep around.

I just deconstructed all of my lvl 30 stuff, except exotics since it sounds like they might enable you to upgrade those in the future.

Which reminds me: It's ridiculous that you can't upgrade them now. I don't want to go and re-farm all of the parts again.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
If it's unlocked for you, the Coney Island mission market is in the far upper right of the map. It's outside the boundaries of the normal New York map, and off screen if you don't scroll up to it.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So they need to rethink armor spec. It just makes no sense to me how they think losing 30%+ damage from core attributes alone in exchange for surviving 2 seconds longer outside of cover is an equal trade-off. How high can you stack armor Regen? I feel like I had close to a max roll on a piece and it was something like 4.5k/s. At 1 million+ armor, I don't see how even maxed Regen on all your pieces would even be worth it. Sure it frees up a non healing skill slot, but now you have 2 very weak skills all in exchange for survivability that means next to nothing on challenging and above. Meanwhile your being flanked because you can't take enemies out fast enough.

It's such a weird feeling to want to love something so bad and feeling the hooks of addiction and yet at the same time be so damn disappointed that the developers keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Did they not playstest this? I moved on from destiny and bungie for this very same reason.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they need to rethink armor spec. It just makes no sense to me how they think losing 30%+ damage from core attributes alone in exchange for surviving 2 seconds longer outside of cover is an equal trade-off. How high can you stack armor Regen? I feel like I had close to a max roll on a piece and it was something like 4.5k/s. At 1 million+ armor, I don't see how even maxed Regen on all your pieces would even be worth it. Sure it frees up a non healing skill slot, but now you have 2 very weak skills all in exchange for survivability that means next to nothing on challenging and above. Meanwhile your being flanked because you can't take enemies out fast enough.

It's such a weird feeling to want to love something so bad and feeling the hooks of addiction and yet at the same time be so damn disappointed that the developers keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Did they not playstest this? I moved on from destiny and bungie for this very same reason.

Yeah. I am a shield tank and even I stack skill tier instead of armor. Gives me a strong shield and healing drone and then I can go damage elsewhere.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

The armor regen stat is interesting to me. The way they initially described pre-TU8 launch was that the changes meant...if it was on a piece with 1.5% armor regeneration, you're basically getting a free medkit every minute. While that doesn't help all that much against shotguns or smgs that burst, it's a huge benefit to rifle or ar or skill builds that wanna pop out of cover, take a few shots, then wait again, saving medkits for actual emergencies.But upon release I'm looking at stats that are way under that (similarly 4k), unless you stack it on all gear and mod slots, which probably isn't worth the tradeoff.

It feels like it's getting ignored partly because it was a useless stat preTU8, and because of genuine fears of burst damage, and may be underpowered overall, but in theory, armor regen could be really strong. I'm keeping well rolled gear im case they buff it...

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
How do you counter robotic enemies? The amount of HP on them is too great, especially for sniper builds which rely on headshots/weakspots.
An EMP grenade causes the robot dogs to go into their powered down state so your group can burst them.

I haven't had much trouble with then yet, but preTU8, SVDs with Lucky shot or the Merciless were great at taking them down quickly as a sniper.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
It's so weird that world level difficulty stacks with mission difficulty. Like a challenging mission on challenging world tier is so much harder than a challenging mission on normal world tier. Is there any difference in loot quality if you leave world level at normal to do missions on Heroic?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You beat the invaded missions and strongholds to go through the world tiers. once you reach world tier 5, you get all the missions.
you don't really need to grind at all.
If it's unlocked for you, the Coney Island mission market is in the far upper right of the map. It's outside the boundaries of the normal New York map, and off screen if you don't scroll up to it.

Thanks for the responses. I don't see that mission, so those DLC missions will all open up after I beat the invaded missions and clear the strongholds? Want to be sure so I don't spend all that time for nothing.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird that world level difficulty stacks with mission difficulty. Like a challenging mission on challenging world tier is so much harder than a challenging mission on normal world tier. Is there any difference in loot quality if you leave world level at normal to do missions on Heroic?
I do not think it stacks...

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
The armor regen stat is interesting to me. The way they initially described pre-TU8 launch was that the changes meant...if it was on a piece with 1.5% armor regeneration, you're basically getting a free medkit every minute. While that doesn't help all that much against shotguns or smgs that burst, it's a huge benefit to rifle or ar or skill builds that wanna pop out of cover, take a few shots, then wait again, saving medkits for actual emergencies.But upon release I'm looking at stats that are way under that (similarly 4k), unless you stack it on all gear and mod slots, which probably isn't worth the tradeoff.

It feels like it's getting ignored partly because it was a useless stat preTU8, and because of genuine fears of burst damage, and may be underpowered overall, but in theory, armor regen could be really strong. I'm keeping well rolled gear im case they buff it...

I hope they do. What ever that talent pre TU8 with the turtle icon Regen was the corner Stone of every build I made. meaningful Regen is a godsend mid firefight, especially since almost every one is dragged out ridiculously long with the multiplayer scaling. Anything less than that 5% and you are spending a third of the fight behind cover unless you get very lucky with agro or bring the almost necessary healing skill like 80% of players

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'm settling on the opinion that the game has gotten massively worse since launch and this expansion has only worked to strengthen this sentiment.

You don't make uninteresting loot interesting by making it feel more necessary. Everything just feels like a fucking grind.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

They don't stack. Are you confusing multiplayer scaling, which is whack at 3/4, in missions with you being solo out in the world?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it's supposed to but it does. Try it out for yourself if you don't believe me, enemies are way tankier, more heavies spawn and they do more damage if the world tier is higher for missions.
I'm almost certain it doesn't... been playing a lot and switching between.

Do you have any video?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm almost certain it doesn't... been playing a lot and switching between.

Do you have any video?
I didn't take any video but I was farming Lincoln Memorial for a while today with a buddy in 2 player and we struggled far more on challenging mission/challenging world tier than we did on heroic mission/normal world tier.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I hope they do. What ever that talent pre TU8 with the turtle icon Regen was the corner Stone of every build I made. meaningful Regen is a godsend mid firefight, especially since almost every one is dragged out ridiculously long with the multiplayer scaling. Anything less than that 5% and you are spending a third of the fight behind cover unless you get very lucky with agro or bring the almost necessary healing skill like 80% of players

The turtle talent was Patience, and yes, it was amazing.
I'm not sure what is the point of having even 6x armor regen trait (capping just shy of 5k/s), since 30k/s will make zero difference with enemies that hit for upwards of 1m dmg and your own armor is going to be around 1m.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Pretty much why a lot of people are going with full red builds. Armor investment isn't remotely worth the damage tradeoff because survivability is practically nonexistent in higher difficulties anyway. At least if you're not going full shield tank. Faster TTK is preferable at that point which you'll only get with full on dps builds.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't take any video but I was farming Lincoln Memorial for a while today with a buddy in 2 player and we struggled far more on challenging mission/challenging world tier than we did on heroic mission/normal world tier.
I think you should check again as I'm almost certain this doesn't happen... would be interesting if proven wrong though.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

It doesn't stack. I've done missions both ways. Challenging world tier/challenging mission and lower world tier/challenging missions and the difficulty is the same. The only thing that matters is the difficulty of the mission itself.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the campaign. For the most part, it's fun and challenging without being totally ridiculous. I think the only fights I felt were bad were the Kajika fight and one of the Cleaner fights where you've got an armored elite with a flamethrower that has a lot of reach, and you're stuck in a relatively confined space. I guess in hindsight hazard protection might help with that.

The Dragov fight was hard but once I figured out what was going on it was very doable. Conley wasn't too bad, and Theo was actually the easiest for me (though I can see how it would get a lot tougher/more annoying in higher difficulties). The Keener fight wasn't exactly fun, but luckily I managed to get through it without a lot of deaths.

In terms of story,

do we think Faye's whole boy scout thing was a ploy the whole time or do we think she got turned? maybe after her sister died at Hell's Kitchen?

It's still weird to me that NYC had a reasonably memorable story and characters, while DC is pretty forgettable in that regard.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the story, they need to make your Agent respond in any way, shape or form to wathever is happening. All the story beats fall falt on their back because all you are fighting for are NPCS and characters that you have absolutely no attachment to other than they give you missions. I think Ubi is on the wrong path here making your agent a blank slate.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
It's still weird to me that NYC had a reasonably memorable story and characters, while DC is pretty forgettable in that regard.

NYC was memorable, because the enemy was chaos so the focus landed on your base and the characters you interacted with. Aaron stuck out, because they didn't present much about him in the main so you had to hunt for it in the collectibles.

In DC, by having the different strongholds, you never spend a bulk of time with those characters because they aren't in a central hub white house like in NYC. It doesn't help that they spend the whole game talking up saving the president

Only for him clearly to be a bad guy from the moment you rescue him til his obvious betrayal.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
Now you know they will be coming, can it be managed?

Apparently spawning is no longer entirely consistent. Friend is saying I got a bad roll on the spawn.

Managing something like that in a mission would require a lot more gear. I could do it out in the world regardless, it would just take a really long time.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Regarding the story, they need to make your Agent respond in any way, shape or form to wathever is happening. All the story beats fall falt on their back because all you are fighting for are NPCS and characters that you have absolutely no attachment to other than they give you missions. I think Ubi is on the wrong path here making your agent a blank slate.

I agree, but it wouldn't help much. The writing in these games is terrible, and does a disservice to their richly realized worlds.

begin rant/

The Division games are also guilty of something Bethesda's Fallout games do, which is illogical world building - the usual example cited with Fallout, is that it's been decades since the great war, settlements have been built up, and yet people still have skeletons in the bathtub.

A good example of this in this expansion, is that hotel control point with the skipping Christmas song playing over the loudspeaker. People have been holding down that control point for months, if not years, and I guess that 20 second clip of Christmas music has just been blaring the entire time, eh? No one ever turned it off, and it apparently still has power. Or the abandoned cars that still have headlights and roof lights on, this long after society fell apart. In reality it'd be, what? A day or two to drain a car battery like that? Haha.

These things can make for some poignant scenes to come across, but logically they make zero sense.

I also noticed between Division 1 and 2, that they kinda lazily expanded upon what ISAC is apparently capable of, to the point where he's their constant catch-all solution for writing themselves out of a hole. Stuck in a room? Oh, uh, ISAC sees a structural weakness in one wall somehow - let me mark that on your HUD, despite the fact that your agent doesn't wear any kind of eyepiece with which to see it. And don't even get me started on the logic of how "ECHOs" supposedly work.

I'd like to see a Division sequel that takes this stuff more seriously, because it's the details that can get people engrossed in your world. I want to see your actions actually start to rebuild the world in meaningful, sensible ways, instead of constantly feeling like a bunch of rats fighting over who gets to be the last rat standing.

Know what would've been cool? If in the main story of D2, after you removed the head of the Outcasts, you were able to reach out and try to reintegrate some of the members who were quietly disillusioned with what Emeline Shaw was doing but were scared to stand up. And you could have a subplot about two groups of people trying to forgive one another, and of humanity slowly knitting back together. Actual growth and a real, permanent change in the world! Confronting the actual societal breakdown that happened due to the pandemic, instead of just using it as window dressing for good guys taking down bad guys.

You could also do a similar plat with the True Sons instead, since it's made clear via the audiologs that some members of that group were not okay with what they were doing.

Or how about when you return to NYC in the expansion, you actually get to see the results of what you did in that first game - they are clearing up and scrapping abandoned cars for materials, people have started re-settling into the buildings around City Hall as things expanded, maybe they have even fixed up some garbage trucks to try and clean up the trash in the streets around the area. Signs that life is going on and getting better, instead of still huddling inside one corner of City Hall and watching black and white movies.

Is this so hard? People get paid to write this stuff!

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
almost 8 million with one pistol shot

Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.03.08_-_22.55.37.40.png

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
what am i not getting about this game? its so fucking annoying...why cant i matchmake..its says there are no activities...how the hell do i do anything? i had no issues on division 1, but this shit, i cant find a single person to play with on PC.