• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I can only recommend that people try to minimize their matchmaking, especially for higher diff content.
the game literally scales to group size so you will never have an easier time in a group than solo and since the scaling for group is all about having an actual COMPETENT group you will not be getting that almost ever in matchmaking.
Div 2 is made for solo and co-op with friends. The matchmaking is basically just something they threw in.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I can't decide if I should build a skill set that focuses on the talent with skill cooldowns reductions if you shoot enemies that where hit by skills, thus focusing on technician with seeker clusters for maximum effect and constant bombing
Or
Go survivalist and the airburst seeker with burn and arsonist on the weapons. That way I share the damage bonus with others on the people I set on fire with grenades or the skill.

Anyone try a similar setup?

Basically anything to chase that old BTSU high as well as trying to distance myself from always feeling like I'm ultimately making a mistake moving any armor price away from just more weapon damage. I hate it because it's just not immediately clear or obvious what skill investments do in terms of dps because of 4x as many factors and relevant talents vs 'all bullets do x%' more

Which backpack skills are currently bugged? I would hate to get to the end of this road and learn it was all for naught.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Little dissapointing that once your done with the campaign your basically back to Washington doing the same stuff you did before the expansion hit, just with a new gear system. I realise you can stay in New York but it doesn't seem worth it to me.

A new DZ in New York would have helped a lot.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Little dissapointing that once your done with the campaign your basically back to Washington doing the same stuff you did before the expansion hit, just with a new gear system. I realise you can stay in New York but it doesn't seem worth it to me.

A new DZ in New York would have helped a lot.

This is why I dislike when expansions for open-world games are their own, discrete new sandboxes. You finish whatever there is to do in that new, small sandbox, and then you rarely return afterward.

Expansions to open-world games should be built onto the existing map, always. Separate it by some sort of funnel in the world like a bridge, if you need a check point to keep non-buyers out, but make it so it's part of the contiguous map for everyone else. Make it something people integrate into their play routine, instead of something they just consume before going back to the "main map".

Forza Horizon is terrible for this too. They'll make some lovely new expansion island or whatever, but past a certain point there's just no reason to go back there any more, because 90% of the game's overall content is still on the main map.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I mean, NYC has targeted loot like DC so that means it's areas will be better to farm for certain stuff.
Also the exotics from rikers and cleaners and such can only drop there.
It also has it's own bounties and control points to take over, etc...
I don't see how it is invalidated at all

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus the season will be in NY and starts in four days...so that's a bit premature.

--

Also, I found a Godroll SMG Damage but it won't lemme apply it to my exotic SMG. I haven't used recalibration on said SMG yet, so any idea what the deal is?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Plus the season will be in NY and starts in four days...so that's a bit premature.

--

Also, I found a Godroll SMG Damage but it won't lemme apply it to my exotic SMG. I haven't used recalibration on said SMG yet, so any idea what the deal is?
actually the first Manhunt target is in DC lol
_TCTD2__NEWS_Neptune_Screen.png

you can't recalibrate exotics you silly lol
that would completely destroy the hunt for the godroll exotics

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
So with the expansion campaign done, what's the best way to farm/grind out xp for the SHD levels?
I play solo for the most part.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So with the expansion campaign done, what's the best way to farm/grind out xp for the SHD levels?
I play solo for the most part.
turn on as many directives as you want and basically do content. everything gives XP and with directives it gives more
the higher the difficulty the more XP too
i wouldn't try and grind for SHD levels, they are just a byproduct. it's not like they change anything really outside of making you a tiny bit stronger.
focus on making builds, getting god rolls etc...
but honestly, just focus on havin fun

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
turn on as many directives as you want and basically do content. everything gives XP and with directives it gives more
the higher the difficulty the more XP too
i wouldn't try and grind for SHD levels, they are just a byproduct. it's not like they change anything really outside of making you a tiny bit stronger.
focus on making builds, getting god rolls etc...
but honestly, just focus on havin fun
Sounds good, that's what I figured, but wanted to double check. Thanks!

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth it to pick up the base game for 10 bucks from the uplay store? I played a few hours of Division 1 back when it came out and enjoyed my time with it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to pick up the base game for 10 bucks from the uplay store? I played a few hours of Division 1 back when it came out and enjoyed my time with it.
The levelling process in this game is the best of any GaaS type, imo. Even if you don't get into the end-game stuff, even if you mostly solo, there is TONNES for the buy in.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are there still people playing the base game content? Will I have trouble finding teammates for the early missions?
Yes, some of the earlier stuff takes a while to matchmake... but you can put out a call for help and players can join you while you're going, and they get rewarded for it so there's incentive. I usually find someone joins when I do this. The system is designed to help counter this issue.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Are there still people playing the base game content? Will I have trouble finding teammates for the early missions?
matchmaking will be pretty dead i think cause there isn't really a point to matchmaking, especially not lower missions on story difficulty. your mileage may vary of course but the game scales to group size anyway so you never need to matchmake.

also if you matchmake people will just rush you through which mans you miss all the awesome details and such.
just take your time and explore and play the missions, don't fall into the matchmake trap

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So two friends and I got jumped by 3 rogue agents while in a Stronghold on hard.

They BODIED us. All three of us put a clip into one of them and didn't even move ther armor bar!

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is there a consensus on what the best weapon/weapon type is these days? When I quit a little after the raid came out, basically every "best' build was all based around the AR - and not just that, but often the exact same specific one (the Custom P416).
One of the things the previous update introduced was a massive balance pass on all weapons and weapon types. It made every class viable and the differences among them pretty minor-the P416 got nerfed and wasn't technically as powerful as an Eagle Bearer or Famas, but if you had a good roll and talent on an AR it could compete (where previously 80% of weapons weren't worth looking at).

The current PVE meta seems to be LMGs (the MG5 specifically) and PVP rifles, from what I've seen, but I'm clearing Heroic with AR/MMR. I find on console, I meed to spec into stability on LMGs a bit too much.

In PVE, everything is usable below Heroic. Heroic and Legendary, SMGs and shotguns will need to be used with skills or a group setup that doesn't get you shredded close quarters, though. Not sure if that fully exists outside of shield builds, but yeah...otherwise AR, MMR, rifle and LMG all get plenty of use still.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of wished I took my original level 30 guy instead of doing a boost but still needed to level some specializations. Also wish I had bought the year 1 pass. Trying to unlock the new specializations are a pain. Oh well lol

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Rogue Agents are pretty scary, yeah.
My friend has killed a couple of them, I personally haven't seen any yet.

Thata the thing though their scaling seems busted. I got jumped by one in Challenging solo and while he wasn't a breeze he never came close to killing me. But with 3 players their numbers seemed off. They one-shot my 4mil dmg shield and seemed to have tens of millions of health.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Thata the thing though their scaling seems busted. I got jumped by one in Challenging solo and while he wasn't a breeze he never came close to killing me. But with 3 players their numbers seemed off. They one-shot my 4mil dmg shield and seemed to have tens of millions of health.
Jupp sounds quite possible that their group size scaling is bad

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

It's not their scaling, it's the shitty group scaling. Massive screwed up big time with group scaling. Content should be harder with 3-4 people but not that much harder.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So two friends and I got jumped by 3 rogue agents while in a Stronghold on hard.

They BODIED us. All three of us put a clip into one of them and didn't even move ther armor bar!
Yeah, rogue agents are ruthless. I was with another person I called in for back up on a Lvl 4 CP on Heroic and we had 3 show up after we cleared it. We barely managed to kill them, but man they can tank hits

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Federal emergency bunker is the perfect place for that tier 3 firewall specialization kill 5 enemies while you're burning challenge.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Federal emergency bunker is the perfect place for that tier 3 firewall specialization kill 5 enemies while you're burning challenge.
As you need to finish that mission anyway you may as well, but there's a much faster spot to do that specific one.

Outside The Archive statehouse in Constitution Hall is a burning wreckage next to an enemy spawn. You can do it in a couple of minutes.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Apparently Rogue Agents are pretty scary, yeah.
My friend has killed a couple of them, I personally haven't seen any yet.

I killed around 10 of them so far, they're not that bad. They spawn similarly to Hunters in Division 1 Underground, number of players +1 (so I always meet 2 when soloing).
I found the UG Hunters to be much harder, and also a lot more aggressive.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So Bullet King is a good weapon to farm? Does Lady Death also drop from Rikers? The tomb mission good to farm?

They both suck to farm because both of the missions the Bullet King drops from are long as shit but Dragov is the less annoying boss so I'd say Wall Street is the better option. Lady Death drops from open world named bosses in NY and they spawn every 30 minutes. Your best bet is to just go around doing public executions in order to get bounties.