• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Hit 40 and used all my stockpiled materials to make some stuff - this will do for now & at least I can now gather materials again.

unknown.png
Where can I get this jacket?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Anyone know how you get the Shield Splinterer to lvl 40? I've got the lvl 30 one from getting all of the hunters several months ago, but last night I saw a guy with a lvl 40 one.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So as a test I took on a Riker Heavy 'from the front', meaning I didn't try to get around him or exploit his weakspots beyond what I could hit while facing him. This is my tank build on Challenging mode. Enemies definitely have some beef [and I agree 3-4 person scaling CAN be rough, though I haven't struggled yet] but I definitely don't feel like it's unreasonable?

Can keep trying other stuff if people find specific enemies tough, but yeah, if this helps anyone, always happy to share builds and such. This one's pretty much being built for solo heroic content, or for team tanking heroic. And again, this build has literally 0 damage stats of any kind, so I imagine it'd be faster if it did, though less tanky of course. And the build's only half-done, so it has room to grow:

The gif shows you're playing at story difficulty there. In my experience the shield doesn't last for long on challenging or heroic.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is there still no way to earn specialization points in WONY?
There have been ways since day 1, only the level ups were borked and have been fixed now.

You get 1 spec point from level up
You get 3 spec points from daily project
5 spec points from weekly project
5 spec points from invaded missions/strongholds
and i think points from bounties too

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There have been ways since day 1, only the level ups were borked and have been fixed now.

You get 1 spec point from level up
You get 3 spec points from daily project
5 spec points from weekly project
5 spec points from invaded missions/strongholds
and i think points from bounties too
Oh cool thx. Will push Firewall then. The only real tank build.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Oh lawd, people with their weird 'spongy' complaint already. Next up: Massive responds by nerfing everything into the ground.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Another shout out:

Rogue Ones are rebuilding on PC. We have 8 active members now, so we're getting there! Could use one more Lieutenant if anyone's up for helping manage as we grow.

PM me for an invite!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oh lawd, people with their weird 'spongy' complaint already. Next up: Massive responds by nerfing everything into the ground.
yeah lol
we got no problem with the game and our builds are not even optimized yet but we got some synergy going already with lots of buffs everywhere
i can't wait till Massive listens whiny reddit again and we become absolute demi god who speedrun heroics XD

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only kind of keeping up with the end-game chatter, just hit 40 last night.

Is challenge solo in a decent time possible still?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

if you got a proper build with good rolls, yes.
you are not supposed to immediately jump into challenging. go into hard first, get your gear up and build going.
once you got god roll stuff/proper synergy, you can do challenging.
it is VERY different from how it was before. Now lower difficulties actually prepare you to do the higher ones.
You still get god rolls and everything on normal or hard, you just have lower chance

astro

Oct 25, 2017
if you got a proper build with good rolls, yes.
you are not supposed to immediately jump into challenging. go into hard first, get your gear up and build going.
once you got god roll stuff/proper synergy, you can do challenging.
it is VERY different from how it was before. Now lower difficulties actually prepare you to do the higher ones.
You still get god rolls and everything on normal or hard, you just have lower chance
I'm in no rush, I just really enjoyed trying to optimize builds for challenging runs before. Hard was too easy, Challenge felt like a really good sweet spot in terms of difficulty / time / reward.

May 10, 2019
I've had my fair share of bullet sponge while in NY but the RNG somehow smiled upon me with nightcrawler piece with 100% pulse skill haste right as I hit lvl 40. Still have 2 hunts left but wanted to get max lvl before finishing the story.

With some tweaks at the moment and almost instant scan boosting damage 10% with everything else I'm able to hold my own. I will say the shield skill enemy's are a pain in the ass. Especially when 2 or more keep dropping shields and you get a heavy flamethrower but I'm still really enjoying it still.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Btw people, do NOT sleep on the demolisher firefly.
taking out enemy weakspots super easily can massively decrease the time to kill for them.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Does anyone know whether higher global difficulties also increase XP gains (the way directives do) or whether it's just "a slightly better chance of better loot"?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
The first post does not have a PS4 clan listed. Has a new one been created yet? I am still in the old one and I think there are only three members. I was not made Commander so I cannot even post the link to get new active PS4 players.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The first post does not have a PS4 clan listed. Has a new one been created yet? I am still in the old one and I think there are only three members. I was not made Commander so I cannot even post the link to get new active PS4 players.
Join the discord and you'll see all the clan channels.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I think I got to WT3 or 4 in the base game before I got sidetracked and never got back. Worth finishing the grind to max GS in TD2 or should I just dive into the expansion?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

Yup! I have my global difficulty set to Challenging. With an unoptimized build-weak talents and far from god rolled-it's a sweet spot of not mindless but not frustrating. Good loot drops too.
I've had my fair share of bullet sponge while in NY but the RNG somehow smiled upon me with nightcrawler piece with 100% pulse skill haste right as I hit lvl 40. Still have 2 hunts left but wanted to get max lvl before finishing the story.
I believe that named item always drops with 100% pulse skill haste, yeah!
The core-attributes are adding, right? Let's say gear has armor of 100k, and core-attribute 130k, that's 230k?
Yup!

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I think I got to WT3 or 4 in the base game before I got sidetracked and never got back. Worth finishing the grind to max GS in TD2 or should I just dive into the expansion?
Finish the grind. Should take 3-4 hours, and you'll play two new to you Strongholds. After that, you could either play the Zoo, Camp White Oak, Pentagon x2 and Coney Island x2 missions for more level 30 and (light) narrative threads or jump straight to New York to get to 40.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 15 on Div2, is it worth playing through the world tier, or can I head to NY when I hit level 30?

wArTHEIST

Oct 29, 2017
is uplay down for anybody else? get a connection lost error every time I start it up.

edit: nevermind, fixed it.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Join the discord and you'll see all the clan channels.
Which of the clans is active? Been in 5th horseman since launch but it's empty now with WONY.

Publishers are catching onto game sharing. It's not exactly an uncommon practice, and they don't like folks gaming the system to, well, game on the system.
This would make sense if game share was some sort of exploit. It's a system feature of ps4/xbone. I can't even access the expansion on my own console from a different account. I need to buy the expansion 2x to play on my friends/family account and my main account.
Can't wait to see devs "catch on" to smart delivery/cross buy next gen...

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Which of the clans is active? Been in 5th horseman since launch but it's empty now with WONY.

This would make sense if game share was some sort of exploit. It's a system feature of ps4/xbone. I can't even access the expansion on my own console from a different account. I need to buy the expansion 2x to play on my friends/family account and my main account.
Can't wait to see devs "catch on" to smart delivery/cross buy next gen...
None apparently, one of you might have to take the initiative and create one for the ps4 players.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
yes it really does with texture loading,pop ups and loading time
played one day at launch (because I installed it on Ps4 disk by mistake lol) and I couldn't believe how bad it was
day after I moved it to SSD

but those texture issues are something else
wow.

I'm on PS4Pro and I've never seen that.
game is on SSD but I doubt that' the problem
SSD really really really helps with stuff like that
yes it really does with texture loading,pop ups and loading time
played one day at launch (because I installed it on Ps4 disk by mistake lol) and I couldn't believe how bad it was
day after I moved it to SSD

but those texture issues are something else

ordered a Crucial MX500 2TB and we will see how that works. All I need to do now is find a spare drive or memory stick or two for the process of swapping files etc between HD's/fresh installs of a PS4 hard drive.
In fairness it was one of those 2TB drives you took out of a WD enclosure that I've had since o got my OG PS4, it's done it's job

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the best place to farm nemesis drops or am I just better off doing the quest again for the parts and crafting it? Also do I need to get rid of level 30 version of nemesis for it to drop or get the material to farm it?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gif shows you're playing at story difficulty there. In my experience the shield doesn't last for long on challenging or heroic.

Oh weird. I have my world set to challenging not sure why it dropped to story for that mission. My bad!

It does hold up fine in the world too but lemme fix that next time my dumb ass posts a clip lol

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Wasn't expecting this build (haven't heard much talk about Negotiator's Dilemma), but it looks pretty nuts in PVP and in theory, should be great in PVE too, since you can damage enemies by damaging other enemies, and it still has good crits/armor overall.

The PVP Twitch clip looks pretty nuts too.

Most encouraging thing to me is how far off optimized it is in the clip, so plenty of wiggle room while waiting for perfect pieces.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So what's the best place to farm nemesis drops or am I just better off doing the quest again for the parts and crafting it? Also do I need to get rid of level 30 version of nemesis for it to drop or get the material to farm it?
My understanding is that if your current character has the blueprint or a level 30 Nemesis, the other marksman rifle, which you need for parts for the nemesis quest, won't drop. You'll just have to either move it to another character (not your stash) or get it to drop from RNG.

Here are the datamined drop rates for exotics (note that people complaining about Nemesis in the comments were before the recent patch).

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit they ruined the Merciless, why does it kick up so much for the second shot??????????
It's almost unmanageable at long range.