• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If your group of 8 knows what they are doing, 8-20 minutes.

If you are figuring it out as you go, over an hour.

Most youtube walkthiughs should still be relevant as long as they aren't build focused, but if you get stuck on a specific boss I'd be happy to give theoretical tips (haven't done it since gear 2.0, so time to kills etc. may be different, but mechanics should be the same).
Was it always so short, or just because we over levelled it?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is not being able to talk to Kelso about halfway through the DLC a known bug? I have a mission to talk to her, it's on my map, but I'll be in the basement next to her and the waypoint is on the opposite side of the wall. There is no option to talk to her. Any known fix?

Edit: Opposite side of the wall meaning in the concrete where I cannot walk.
There was maintenance last night and I *think* this was on a list of fixes?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is not being able to talk to Kelso about halfway through the DLC a known bug? I have a mission to talk to her, it's on my map, but I'll be in the basement next to her and the waypoint is on the opposite side of the wall. There is no option to talk to her. Any known fix?

Edit: Opposite side of the wall meaning in the concrete where I cannot walk.
This was fixed (hopefully) with today's patch

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Question guys, not really into live service games but I only just bought Division 2 with the Warlords DLC on the epic store for only 20usd. So if you play warlords you'll get a LV 30 boost immediately right? Will that carry over to the main game? Or the stats from the main game and expansion are separate? TIA

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
In the recalibration library, you choose that stat to extract, not the piece of gear to extract from (how it previously worked). So i lf you have a chestpiece with Armor, Crit Chance, Skill haste, Unbreakable
- to extract armor, recal library > core attributes > scroll to armor > extract
- to extract crit chance, recal library > secondary attributes (I forget if that's what it's called, but the one to the right of core), scroll to crit chance > extract
- to extract skill haste, same as above but scroll to skill haste first
- to extract Unbreakable, recal library > talents > scroll to unbreakable > extract

You can extract any one of those attributes or talents before the gear is destroyed. All should be selectable individually, but once you make your choice and extract one, the piece will be destroyed.

if that doesn't work I'm at a bit of a loss without seeing video, though!
That helps, thank you. I figured it out. Just took me a while. I didn't realize they were being sorted by type and that I couldn't select different stats from the item itself.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Question guys, not really into live service games but I only just bought Division 2 with the Warlords DLC on the epic store for only 20usd. So if you play warlords you'll get a LV 30 boost immediately right? Will that carry over to the main game? Or the stats from the main game and expansion are separate? TIA

Should be good for both. Once you start the expansion you can't even return to DC until you're 40, and everything apparently gets retuned for 40 once you're back.

Also I believe you can choose whether or not to use the boost, if you wanted to play through the main campaign first.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nothing is seperate, it's one character and once you are lvl 40 and have finished the NYC campaign you can freely travel between DC and NYC

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Since I got the expansion and my friend who I co op'd the main game with has not been able to play yet, for the second time ever (and the first time lasted about a minute as it went less than ideal), I "answered the call" with a random and we proceeded to take on the Brooklyn Bridge mission together from the very beginning. Went extremely well, even both had mics. I may try it again I had such a pleasant experience. I was somewhat shocked.
Can you change specializations while in NY? I can't find it for the life of me lol
Right by what I believe is the southern most exit of the main settlement you first come across. I even knew where it was and still took me a minute to find last night. He is away from everything else.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yes you can, from the "main" room where you spawn head to the exit that takes you by the dog. Then move into the room there and at the main desk you can swap specializations.
Yep, talk to Paul Rhodes!
Since I got the expansion and my friend who I co op'd the main game with has not been able to play yet, for the second time ever (and the first time lasted about a minute as it went less than ideal), I "answered the call" with a random and we proceeded to take on the Brooklyn Bridge mission together from the very beginning. Went extremely well, even both had mics. I may try it again I had such a pleasant experience. I was somewhat shocked.

Right by what I believe is the southern most exit of the main settlement you first come across. I even knew where it was and still took me a minute to find last night. He is away from everything else.

PHEW! Thanks all! It was driving me nuts

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Something I realized a little too late, but the only thing that really makes sense to store in the re-calibration library ahead of lvl40 are talents. Those aren't "level dependent" or have a cap.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you using (build, gear, skills)?

It's my 'Wolverine' build I'm working on! I find normal tank builds a touch boring, so I decided instead of going pure armor to push skill tiers on a Firewall build to have both a beefy shield and a powerful drone that can heal me for like 10% a second. My talents help out with this, using Bloodsucker and so on. With the movement buff from my SMG and the reward in damage I get for staying mobile, I go through missions pretty much at breakneck speed even on Hard/Challenging, and as long as I'm smart about when to let my shield regen and use my drone, this, plus my [now 300%] medkits that only have a 50% chance to be consumed all help a ton. The build is still in progress of course, but some pics:

u58ztcY.jpg

LW85OTM.jpg

6c36b1807af3ecaa54b82855d3533699.png

Ro2a6AV.jpg

Right now I'm leveling Firewall more and trying to get as much 'Skill Repair' as possible, so I can keep my drone strong while also trading more Skill Tier for armor. As long as my drone ticks for more than 40K/s I'm happy, that's fast enough for my shield to let me tank.

RRSyguV.jpg

Ll9NhlL.jpg

It's a lot of fun for both solo and tanking for a group, so happy to answer if you got any questions! The idea is I chew through the grunts so fast I get like triple armor [and it's very doable thanks to Lady Death and the 1886 I slapped breadbasket on] , then I'm ready to face-tank the bosses. So far, biggest tanking feat was Dragov on Challenging with a sniper friend. I kept him angled so she just popped him again and again in the head, we barely even used the miniguns lol.

And of course, the Flamethrower provides great tick damage.

Sorry for screenshot spam.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so control point levels are tied to world difficulty and you don't have to connected activities to level them up I see

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone! Sorry, kind of unrelated question from a pretty lapsed D2 player (haven't played since launch month). I noticed PSN doesn't sell the original D2 season pass anymore, and I'd like to play all that content before heading into this. Did it become free and just folded into the base game or something?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the ERA-TLDR opinion of the new DLC?
I am still on the fence...
Well worth it. NYC is a very well designed and fun area and the new loot system is a godsend. It has some of the best mission design so far, too.

Also, again, read the thread for loads of impressions.

If you want to invite me I'll join the clan. jet1911 on uplay!
Ha, just logged off for a bit... will log in quick and invite! Thanks. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I get that you're not going to get Tolstoy or Dickens out of a Ubisoft game that revolves around grinding ultimately. But you can still write characters with coherent, consistent motivations and plans. All of Keener's henchmen are ultimately just mini-stories of their own, so you can write those to be compelling and coherent. Rockstar has been doing this well for years.

The story may just be the glue holding the missions together, but it doesn't have to be crappy glue.

Not going to happen. Ubisoft just doesn't prioritize the story in any of their games.

Can somebody tell me if there will be a gap between fresh level 30 character (almost where I am) and the end-game content? Is there a lot of work to burrow through those world-tiers to get to the peasant end-game (all content before expansion)?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's my 'Wolverine' build I'm working on! I find normal tank builds a touch boring, so I decided instead of going pure armor to push skill tiers on a Firewall build to have both a beefy shield and a powerful drone that can heal me for like 10% a second. My talents help out with this, using Bloodsucker and so on. With the movement buff from my SMG and the reward in damage I get for staying mobile, I go through missions pretty much at breakneck speed even on Hard/Challenging, and as long as I'm smart about when to let my shield regen and use my drone, this, plus my [now 300%] medkits that only have a 50% chance to be consumed all help a ton. The build is still in progress of course, but some pics:

u58ztcY.jpg

LW85OTM.jpg

Ro2a6AV.jpg

Right now I'm leveling Firewall more and trying to get as much 'Skill Repair' as possible, so I can keep my drone strong while also trading more Skill Tier for armor. As long as my drone ticks for more than 40K/s I'm happy, that's fast enough for my shield to let me tank.

RRSyguV.jpg

Ll9NhlL.jpg

It's a lot of fun for both solo and tanking for a group, so happy to answer if you got any questions! The idea is I chew through the grunts so fast I get like triple armor [and it's very doable thanks to Lady Death and the 1886 I slapped breadbasket on] , then I'm ready to face-tank the bosses. So far, biggest tanking feat was Dragov on Challenging with a sniper friend. I kept him angled so she just popped him again and again in the head, we barely even used the miniguns lol.

Very nice, thank you, I might experiment with this :)
It does sound like fun.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I barely got to play this week, only finished the story basically and this is everything I wanted from more Division content.
The new system is SO much better. Maybe not perfect, but just so so much better

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
This is a lame comment given all this update adds but I'm low-key disappointed they didn't add a suite of NYPD uniform type apparel to complement the DC Services stuff. I want to put my man in a cop outfit, dammit! He looks great in it!

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Just reached lvl 40 with 3/4 of the map completed, loving the expansion so far, I would like to be invited for the PC clan also,
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Thank you.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Are you on an SSD? If not that's LOD models being loaded

It's a 7200rpm 2TB not an SSD. No other game has issues, the division didn't have issues, only since title update 1.8 has it taken over 14 seconds minimum to load textures. New York is even worse, walls, street furniture, shields carried by npc's and cars are a collection of texture less bricks for Thant length of time
It's not normal and it's not an issue with my PS4 pro, it's surely just this game post patch

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It's a 7200rpm 2TB not an SSD. No other game has issues, the division didn't have issues, only since title update 1.8 has it taken over 14 seconds minimum to load textures. New York is even worse, walls, street furniture, shields carried by npc's and cars are a collection of texture less bricks for Thant length of time
It's not normal and it's not an issue with my PS4 pro, it's surely just this game post patch
Ah PS4 Pro, ok. I keep hearing that has problems.
SSD would help a lot of course.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished the WONY campaign last night. That last boss fight is annoying as hell as a sniper. I see that I am not SHD level 1. All those "level up" graphics that was getting for being level 40 aren't retroactive I'm guessing?

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice, thank you, I might experiment with this :)
It does sound like fun.

Glad you like! I'm one of those people who loves playing aggressive berserker types but also tanks so every game I try to push the limits of blending durability with the potential to rush opponents down.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I start a new character does that character need to playthrough the campaign again to level up to level 30?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

u58ztcY.jpg

LW85OTM.jpg

Ro2a6AV.jpg

RRSyguV.jpg

Ll9NhlL.jpg

Have you tried a Heroic mission yet? This looks super fun, just curious if it can get through those quickly, as I'm finding that my Hybrid Armor/Crit AR build is able to melt Challenging, but Heroic is still a bit slow going.
Okay so control point levels are tied to world difficulty and you don't have to connected activities to level them up I see
Yes! I've been having fun mostly doing control points at Challenging and Heroic. The most recent heroic one spawned two rogue agents I managed to take down for a full colour dye and some decent rolls on gear. Was a tense battle, but maybe I got lucky with the types, I was mostly able to slowly pick them off with my marksman rifle.
Dammit I missed this... Even though I knew the content was coming and I got to World Tier 5 in preparation, the idea of pre-ordering it just somehow didn't occur to me...
I believe that as long as you bought the expansion before April 3rd you get the rewards? https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-pre-order-bonu/1100-6473718/
How many maintenaces today? this is the third...
Yeah, they were bug fixing and then also just did an emergency maintenance to fix the target practice exploit (basically people were getting a SHD level every 2 minutes or so by just starting target practice with all of the directives on, and gaming how it rewards you based on completing one phase, failing, completing two phases, failing, and resetting it by fast traveling. The XP gain was ludicrous.

Anywho who gamed that and who took advantage of Dark Zone's ridiculous early drop rates pre-nerf really have some sweet builds already. Hah.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Started a new character to play with a friend who just got the game. We unlocked the Dark Zone, but did they remove the mission that teaches you the mechanics of the area? It just threw us into the real DZ with other players.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried a Heroic mission yet? This looks super fun, just curious if it can get through those quickly, as I'm finding that my Hybrid Armor/Crit AR build is able to melt Challenging, but Heroic is still a bit slow going.

Yes! I've been having fun mostly doing control points at Challenging and Heroic. The most recent heroic one spawned two rogue agents I managed to take down for a full colour dye and some decent rolls on gear. Was a tense battle, but maybe I got lucky with the types, I was mostly able to slowly pick them off with my marksman rifle.

I believe that as long as you bought the expansion before April 3rd you get the rewards? https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-pre-order-bonu/1100-6473718/

Yeah, they were bug fixing and then also just did an emergency maintenance to fix the target practice exploit (basically people were getting a SHD level every 2 minutes or so by just starting target practice with all of the directives on, and gaming how it rewards you based on completing one phase, failing, completing two phases, failing, and resetting it by fast traveling. The XP gain was ludicrous.

Anywho who gamed that and who took advantage of Dark Zone's ridiculous early drop rates pre-nerf really have some sweet builds already. Hah.

Not yet, I've mostly been farming Spec points [thanks leveling bug] before moving to Heroic but I plan to try soon. I just wanna Max out my SMG damage godroll so my Lady Death is perfect.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I'm getting so many delta 03 errors it's not funny. Worst part is my connection is wired and definitely not dropping.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
re: difficulty
Feel like difficulty is in a really good place for solo and duo play, but the scaling for 3/4 players starts to feel too spongey to me. Granted I'm running a non-optimized build in almost every way, but still, it feels like something that's going to get adjusted to me.

But yeah, for solo, been having a lot of fun with the new World Difficulty. I have it set to Challenging and find it keeps me needing to be somewhat alert, but isn't so punishing that it's frustrating. It makes traveling to where I'm going fun and rewarding in a way it hasn't been in a long time.

This morning I took on my first Heroic Checkpoint since the update (first try!). Managed to slowly but surely take it down mostly with my Marksman rifle (no armor kit used!) and rushed towards the supply room when I got the alert that two rogue agents were nearby. It was definitely tense taking them both on in Heroic, but I was surprised that they weren't super aggressive, so again I was able to safely drop 'em over time.

Legendary, though, looks like a totally different game. Woof!

Anywho, still lots of room for improvement, stoked to get back to farming.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone! Sorry, kind of unrelated question from a pretty lapsed D2 player (haven't played since launch month). I noticed PSN doesn't sell the original D2 season pass anymore, and I'd like to play all that content before heading into this. Did it become free and just folded into the base game or something?

The only thing on the pass is 6-7 short classified assignments that give a dongle each and that's about it. Not worth it at this point imo.

I finally finished the WONY campaign last night. That last boss fight is annoying as hell as a sniper. I see that I am not SHD level 1. All those "level up" graphics that was getting for being level 40 aren't retroactive I'm guessing?

Yup. Need to finish the story. I found that out the hard way as well