• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm level 40-2 now and still nothing. I'll level up once more and see what it does.

Also, is there really no way to level up your specialties in NY??
If I'm not mistaken, not every level up is a guaranteed key (but it's also no longer random). I believe level ups contribute like 33% of a key (used to be called fragments, not sure if that's just gone now). So every 3-ish levels you should get an apparel cache?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
Weird. You shouldn't need to buy them, you should be able to equip them as soon as you loot them from the LTs. Maybe a bug?
That's what I'm thinking, but I haven't seen anyone dealing with the same issue when I searched online. There's no prompt to equip the skills whatsoever, and it's been like that since I started the expansion.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Was just doing one of the mission solos, the drone / prison one, and my dog literally as I am on the last part starts freaking out like he never has before. He is little guy and was jumping straight up in front of me like 3 feet off the ground while also yelping. Turns out he had to pee really bad so I had to let him out. Thought I had found a safe space to hide, but lo and behold I had not, came back to the Respawn prompt. I had not died once and without most of my special ammo since I had used it on the first run at the end, Ij just headed back to the safe house. Damn that really sucks and I do get why the game does not let you pause, but it still sucks.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, not every level up is a guaranteed key (but it's also no longer random). I believe level ups contribute like 33% of a key (used to be called fragments, not sure if that's just gone now). So every 3-ish levels you should get an apparel cache?

That makes sense, thanks.

normally you'd get spec points for leveling up but it's currently bugged, they are fixing it

Ahhh a bug, makes sense. Hopefully we get our lost points back too.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I found the main game boring. Once I hit WT3 or 4 (I forget which) I found the enemies became very spongey, and yet still had one-shot potential on me. Most missions were best played by finding a good spot and just funnelling them into gunfire, very dull.

Given my gripes, is it worth coming back?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I found the main game boring. Once I hit WT3 or 4 (I forget which) I found the enemies became very spongey, and yet still had one-shot potential on me. Most missions were best played by finding a good spot and just funnelling them into gunfire, very dull.

Since you seem to not be into builds and getting stronger and building your character, I would say no.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yes, they popped up as I picked them up, but no option to equip, or maybe I didn't notice it at the time, as I just continued using my hive and seeker mines.
When you picked them up it shows a video and their description. it then asks you to press one of two buttons to either directly equip it or to move on without equipping. are you sure you didn't have to press a button?

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
When you picked them up it shows a video and their description. it then asks you to press one of two buttons to either directly equip it or to move on without equipping. are you sure you didn't have to press a button?
Yes, I remember it asks to either accept or equip, and I always pressed accept. I hope I don't have to go through the whole thing again.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Did you play at launch? This was adjusted in the summer balance update last year along with AI tweaks. That said, running enemies into a funnel is something you can do in almost every shooter that doesn't just lock you into an arena. Choosing to play that way isn't a fault of the game and with how many gadgets endgame mobs have, many don't chase like that period aside from shield Bros. Different gadgets promote different playstyles so try and mix it up?

Gearing is super streamlined now with banking rolls and the new tier system on loot. If you get no enjoyment out of that, then longetivity wise it might not be a good investment. Little thought has to be put in to any builds to complete the story on story/normal difficulties however and is an fun ride, especially since it's so easy now to make use of skills.

If 30 bucks sounds acceptable to you for a 10 hour single player shooter as you go across an amazingly beautiful ravaged NY, then go for it. At the very least you will have this seasons free content to see if it gets its hooks in you.

Last edited:

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I remember it asks to either accept or equip, and I always pressed accept. I hope I don't have to go through the whole thing again.

This may sound silly, but go into your skills and try to scroll up. The new ones are at the very top, and if you're using a skill that's at the very bottom it just looks like they arent there. Happened to me at least lol

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
This has probably been asked 100 times already in some form, but I tried searching and couldn't find a clear answer so I figured I'd ask here:

I *just* finished the Division 2's campaign last week, and was on the second tier of ilevel grinding leading up to the gear cap and endgame "proper." I *think* I needed to clear another stronghold (or something) for the second time - and then after that, I have no idea.

Does anyone know what the current player experience looks like for someone without the expansion? Ideally I'll be upgrading either way, but is it basically pointless to try and continue without it? Should I just pretend I finished the game proper and just move on to the expansion?

I'm still playing the base game and it's still pretty populated. Doing bounties, mission etc are all fine. This is on PS4.

There's actually a tonne of content I have yet to do still including a new stronghold.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
This may sound silly, but go into your skills and try to scroll up. The new ones are at the very top, and if you're using a skill that's at the very bottom it just looks like they arent there. Happened to me at least lol
No, I'm able to click on them, and for example with the sticky bomb you can select between the regular version and the burn version. There are no prompts to equip or mod them available, just the back button.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
As happy as I am playing through new story, hearing what a balance mess challenging and heroic is a bummer. 4 clips to break armor on regular baddies is just asinine. How on Earth did the devs think squeezing 15% more dps out of God rolls would somehow make 3x the enemies with effectively 3x the armor enjoyable? They made a give and take with dps/survivability/skills finally, but decided that even with full dps builds running out of ammo in the first encounters in a mission was acceptable design? I hope they take it on the chin quick because now that difficulty has a very measurable impact on the quality of loot, working toward being able to even play on those levels has taken a motivation hit

Thank God normal and hard are at least where they should be

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
As happy as I am playing through new story, hearing what a balance mess challenging and heroic is a bummer. 4 clips to break armor on regular baddies is just asinine. How on Earth did the devs think squeezing 15% more dps out of God rolls would somehow make 3x the enemies with effectively 3x the armor enjoyable?

Thank God normal and hard are at least where they should be
people on discord and reddit seem to be beating it pretty fine
give it some time, maybe they'll adjust it if too many complain

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Is it worth buying the update right now or waiting until another balance update?
I'm off work de to a broken elbow and decided about two weeks ago to come back to Div 2 and was loving my Tech build, i could comfortably solo most places and didn't break the game.
Now? Christ its a shit show, I lost about 100k armour, my weapons turned into airsoft weapons and my seekers are back to being wind up cars with a party popper on
I've switched to a teal gear set (tacticians) assuming Massive want us to use those and its just no better! tired a daily on hard which was doable before and i get melted by the multitude of yellow bars. Theres healears everywhere, sow ehn i've dumped 4 mags into someone to take off armour and damage their helalth, they come along and revive anyone i've killed!
Its just awful, so i really don't think its worth it buying the expanson unless it makes it 'better', its just no longer fun taking 50 min to go thorugh a mission i used to do in 10 min. Its like the game is now designed to be squad based only, with no room for solo players

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Is it worth buying the update right now or waiting until another balance update?
I'm off work de to a broken elbow and decided about two weeks ago to come back to Div 2 and was loving my Tech build, i could comfortably solo most places and didn't break the game.
Now? Christ its a shit show, I lost about 100k armour, my weapons turned into airsoft weapons and my seekers are back to being wind up cars with a party popper on
I've switched to a teal gear set (tacticians) assuming Massive want us to use those and its just no better! tired a daily on hard which was doable before and i get melted by the multitude of yellow bars. Theres healears everywhere, sow ehn i've dumped 4 mags into someone to take off armour and damage their helalth, they come along and revive anyone i've killed!
Its just awful, so i really don't think its worth it buying the expanson unless it makes it 'better', its just no longer fun taking 50 min to go thorugh a mission i used to do in 10 min. Its like the game is now designed to be squad based only, with no room for solo players

I don't know about their changes to skills in balance terms for level 30 but during the leveling process of 31-40 and at level 40 it seems like skill builds are incredibly powerful right now. Drones and turrets do a lot of damage and have massive HP pools, explosive abilities allow you to selectively delete a single enemy or a tightly packed group, and everything has a much lower cooldown than they did pre-patch. Pair this with actual gear talents that would benefit the playstyle and I'd say that it is incredibly powerful right now.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Switched from a glass cannon sniper/LMG build to a more skill focused build for the expansion, and I've been having a blast with that. Using the base turret and drone, and it's great to basically have 2 other teammates. Throw the turret to an elevated position, send out the drone to flush out enemies hiding in cover, and pick off everything with a sniper rifle from the back. Only struggles I've had are the cleaners with flamethrowers getting too close without me noticing, they can literally burn you down super quick

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Switched from a glass cannon sniper/LMG build to a more skill focused build for the expansion, and I've been having a blast with that. Using the base turret and drone, and it's great to basically have 2 other teammates. Throw the turret to an elevated position, send out the drone to flush out enemies hiding in cover, and pick off everything with a sniper rifle from the back. Only struggles I've had are the cleaners with flamethrowers getting too close without me noticing, they can literally burn you down super quick

Keep the turret closer to you. I have always treated it as my third eye because it always targets the closest enemy to it and it's laser pointer and auto pulse are easy to follow. It's helped me a ton with flankers.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

If you like glass cannon builds, theres a talent for it now (I didnt see it before at least). 25% more damage and 50% more damage taken.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
Keep the turret closer to you. I have always treated it as my third eye because it always targets the closest enemy to it and it's laser pointer and auto pulse are easy to follow. It's helped me a ton with flankers.
Another good tip is the Companion skill. Gives you 15% damage boost when near 5m of skills or allies. Works quite well!

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
Well, I fast travelled back to DC, and now I was able to equip the new skills in my inventory, and it seems to be working. I'm also getting way more disconnects today, 3 times already. Still can't donate supplies to control points either.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I fast travelled back to DC, and now I was able to equip the new skills in my inventory, and it seems to be working. I'm also getting way more disconnects today, 3 times already. Still can't donate supplies to control points either.

I ran into the supply issue too. However it worked when I took over a new Control Point then tried. Very odd bug.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
Thought I'd pop in here for my question. I downloaded Divison 2 for the free weekend and really enjoyed it. I have Division 1 already and only got to level 10. Is it worth playing Division 1 before jumping into 2? Are the games similiar enough that 2 will just feel like a big expansion or does 2 improve on 1 so much that it's not worth playing 1?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
There's a little bar under your attributes when you look at them. If it's maxed out, it's a god roll. But even without the orange highlight, you will see if a roll is bad, average, above average or god rolled.
Whaaaaat! That is so cool! I still haven't had time to jump in, but tonight is the night. Very, very excited now.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how exactly to "bank" the skills on my gear and weapons. I got a few that have their skill/trait maxed out that I'd like to take out to put it on different equipment but it doesnt let me. Anyone got a good video that explains how it works?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Whaaaaat! That is so cool! I still haven't had time to jump in, but tonight is the night. Very, very excited now.

Plus theres a tiny white arrow underneath the bar. It shows what level you have banked in the recalibration machine. If the white arrow is further along than the bar, just trash it. It means the roll is lower than what you can recalibrate yourself.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I don't understand how exactly to "bank" the skills on my gear and weapons. I got a few that have their skill/trait maxed out that I'd like to take out to put it on different equipment but it doesnt let me. Anyone got a good video that explains how it works?

Are those stashed items lvl 30? If yes, it doesn't let you use banked traits from lvls 1-30 on items that are 31+.
You'll have to find all those rolls again.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
So do we know how they're fixing the specs? If I play through with one I haven't leveled, will I get those points retroactively? Or should I just not bother playing that spec until it's fixed?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Wanting to jump in tomorrow but where has the year 1 season pass gone? Can't find it on the Uplay store. There's a sale going and I'm interested in those classified assignments.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So do we know how they're fixing the specs? If I play through with one I haven't leveled, will I get those points retroactively? Or should I just not bother playing that spec until it's fixed?

You don't get SHD levels until after you hit 40 anyway. So play the campaign on an already leveled one for the stats boost. But yeah, don't bother trying to level one. SHD levels are pretty easy so I doubt they will make them retroactive once it's fixed.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Ugh why did they go back to more bullet sponge enemies? This was the best thing from TD1 to TD2.