• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Whaaat, I thought you couldnt use that on new releases - I kinda was waiting purely because I wanted that discount.

Well, that and I am incredibly aggravated by the whole level boost fiasco. I spent probably 20 hours - and yes it was fun, but it was work I was doing in prep - to get ready for the expansion only to find out the day of release that the boost would be vastly better than any casual WT5 player would have. That should have been advertised from day 1 - I would have done nothing but chill and explore, instead I semi-burned myself out getting points for the specs, trying to mop up every mission I hadn't done, and it was the single biggest reason I didn't preorder and start playing today. What an inexplicably stupid thing to withhold. I am sure in a few days I will feel like playing again but maaan.
Yes you can use the coupon for the expansion! I guess they aren't counting it as a new release in terms of the base game maybe? Was a nice surprise.
That's correct, 1-30 and 31-40 have separate re-calibration banks.
Thanks! I'm not sure why I didn't sell everything though instead of filling up my 1-30 bank before i bought the expansion. Oops.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Just bought The Ultimate Edition for the base game, let's see if this clicks.

I didn't know this was 30fps though, I hope the SSD on the Pro helps a bit with texture loading and whatnot.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I finished the game a few months ago but didn't keep playing WT1 and stuff. Would it be better to just start over with a new character enjoying all the QoL changes and general improvements?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for opinions. I loved the first one. Played without team for a long time. Hated 2 (played 3h).

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
This hurts

Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_20200225_012348.png

Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_20200303_010810.png

Can someone clarify what happened here? Are people's character's being screwed with? This is freaking me out...

Looks like they added a tonne of makeup to her.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
That is not an answer :)

I was thinking the same.... starts from 0 and have context or start at 30 and dive into the new stuff?
No, it's definitely an answer. If they start from scratch, they go through the entire game all over again, eventually hitting WT5 and being expansion ready. Or, they go through the world tiers with their original character. Or, they buy the expansion and use the boost to immediately get into the thick of it.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Something about the shield inherits core attributes. So if you look at my gear pieces here, the first icon they have is the core attribute. We see 3 shields for armor attribute.
b880a34fe3.jpg

Now we look at shields in skills and we can see that same amount giving me a Tier 3 rating.
b776304bd2.jpg

Shield skill appears to be the only gadget etc that receives tier ranks from both armor and skill tiers. Pretty cool honestly!

Yeah I'm really, like really enjoying shield/shotty atm. Just need to hit level 40 to start levelling the Firewall.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Divison 1 faces are already in the character creator.

Not at all of them, could definitely not recreate my dude from the first game. I really don't get how they couldn't transfer some assets into the other game. Even clothes were better in the first game. Least they could do is transfer all the previous pants.

As for the new expansion, I really enjoyed going through NYC again and it does look different than DC even without the seasonal shift. I'll have to see if season the content is engaging, I really don't care for directives and similar challenges.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all of them, could definitely not recreate my dude from the first game. I really don't get how they couldn't transfer some assets into the other game. Even clothes were better in the first game. Least they could do is transfer all the previous pants.

As for the new expansion, I really enjoyed going through NYC again and it does look different than DC even without the seasonal shift. I'll have to see if season the content is engaging, I really don't care for directives and similar challenges.

That's the curse of the live service game you have to leave all the cool cosmetics behind so people buy the new crap. They could have at least brought the hair I hate 99% of the hair in this game it looks bad same with the facial hair thank god they added stubble to some of the retuning faces.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the curse of the live service game you have to leave all the cool cosmetics behind so people buy the new crap. They could have at least brought the hair I hate 99% of the hair in this game it looks bad same with the facial hair thank god they added stubble to some of the retuning faces.

Faces and cosmetics somehow took a hit in the 2nd game while being more varied, it's strange... I can definitely say I still prefer the graphics and general aesthethics of the first game. Even after playing WONY to lvl34.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Is there any reason to buy the Year 1 Pass when I own Warlords?
Instant unlocking of the 3 post launch specializations, a lot of additional cosmetic stuff that you can only get with the Year 1 pass, and a series of Pass-exclusive missions that give some backstory, XP and also exclusive cosmetic stuff.

Up to you whether that's worth the price (I don't think it's worth 40 bucks but at a 70% or more discount, probably)

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

Not really. Every single thing I every bought or grinded (ground?) for in Warframe is still there for me since day one. It's only some live service games that choose to go down that route and it's really not the right way to go.

Not sure why anyone would want the Div 1 faces though as they were ugly as hell. I wish they would just sort out a decent character creator in these games so people don't have to just make do.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Faces and cosmetics somehow took a hit in the 2nd game while being more varied, it's strange... I can definitely say I still prefer the graphics and general aesthethics of the first game. Even after playing WONY to lvl34.

There's too much flannel now it's like an episode of Supernatural I get that people complained about super model clothing in the first one but most people just wanted clothes to look more worn out and not weird shirt biohazard tape hybrids like we have now.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Instant unlocking of the 3 post launch specializations, a lot of additional cosmetic stuff that you can only get with the Year 1 pass, and a series of Pass-exclusive missions that give some backstory, XP and also exclusive cosmetic stuff.

Up to you whether that's worth the price (I don't think it's worth 40 bucks but at a 70% or more discount, probably)
It's $11.99 on PSN right now, so that seems like a decent deal for a game I plan on putting a lot of time into.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. Every single thing I every bought or grinded (ground?) for in Warframe is still there for me since day one. It's only some live service games that choose to go down that route and it's really not the right way to go.

Not sure why anyone would want the Div 1 faces though as they were ugly as hell. I wish they would just sort out a decent character creator in these games so people don't have to just make do.

That's one of the reasons I dislike buying anything aside from DLC in these lootershooters all your purchases get left behind when the next game comes out and it's too bad so sad you lost your favorite cosmetic armor. I buy stuff in POE a couple of times a year because I know they won't ditch that game to sell me a 60 dollar replacement in 3 or 4 years same with Warframe my account is tricked out with tons of cosmetics for each of my favorite frames.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
store.playstation.com

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Standard Edition

The fate of the free world is on the line in Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2.<br><br>Lead a team of elite agents into a post-pandemic Washington, DC, to restore order and prevent the collapse of the city. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is an online action-shooter RPG experience, where exploration and play

For anyone else on the fence like me! $11.99 is a bargain for alll that!

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
So, I bought the base game when it came out but bounced off it pretty fast unfortunately. I liked the game but just couldn't give it time and wasn't hugely into DC.

Can I just buy this expansion and jump in and will be levelled up to where it expects me to be or would I need to play through the base game before doing that?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So, I bought the base game when it came out but bounced off it pretty fast unfortunately. I liked the game but just couldn't give it time and wasn't hugely into DC.

Can I just buy this expansion and jump in and will be levelled up to where it expects me to be or would I need to play through the base game before doing that?

The expansion should come with a lvl 30 boost that should allow you to go to WONY map right away.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Can't believe they actually released the expansion with the can't talk to NPC bug, lol, I mean, come on. It's not a hidden, unassuming thing, it's the main story and the critical path.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
That's one of the reasons I dislike buying anything aside from DLC in these lootershooters all your purchases get left behind when the next game comes out and it's too bad so sad you lost your favorite cosmetic armor. I buy stuff in POE a couple of times a year because I know they won't ditch that game to sell me a 60 dollar replacement in 3 or 4 years same with Warframe my account is tricked out with tons of cosmetics for each of my favorite frames.

Yup. I was complaining about the exact same thing when they announced this sequel in the first place. I wish all live service games would do it right like Warframe, PoE and some others.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is that dog supposed to be missing half an ear or is that a glitch? Also, I never really understood the point of that pig.
His ear is bend backwords.
The poogie is for petting and dressing up and can find you little items around the village.
Also ever since poogie has been in a Monster Hunter game, players have kept the myth alive that "petting the pig" will give you better loot drops from the next hunt.
So here we have a doggo to pet, so I am saying "Pet doggo and receive better loot!" :D

Doesn't make it any less silly that such a big bug in a critical path makes it to release. It's like they don't do any QA.
I'm pretty sure it was a server thing seeing how you could logout and back in till you got an instance where you could talk to them.
It only cost me a couple minutes per person to talk to.
I think it just wasn't something they could properly see in their tests, not before thousands and thousands of players were playing at the same time.
Like, it didn't even stop you from progressing, you just log out and in till it worked.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
His ear is bend backwords.
The poogie is for petting and dressing up and can find you little items around the village.
Also ever since poogie has been in a Monster Hunter game, players have kept the myth alive that "petting the pig" will give you better loot drops from the next hunt.
So here we have a doggo to pet, so I am saying "Pet doggo and receive better loot!" :D

Dress-up piggy ha ha. That's so random.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
These nutcrackers are creeping me the hell out also I did a stronghold that has music playing it was held by The Cleaners and the mix of music plus the npcs I called to help screams as they got set on fire was pretty intense.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, for the contemporary setting, the devs are so inventive. From a visual standpoint and considering the setting a lot of the encounters are so incredibly unique and varied. Playing Warlords really reminded me of that.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
question - is the level booster a one time use? Can we reuse it if we create another separate agent? Thanks.

Shak

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone clarify what happened here? Are people's character's being screwed with? This is freaking me out...

Looks like they added a tonne of makeup to her.
That is exactly what happened. It seems like they messed with the skin textures on the characters with some ending up changed more than others. The skin looks noticeably worse and it's very disappointing. I was happy with the way my character was before.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have to say, for the contemporary setting, the devs are so inventive. From a visual standpoint and considering the setting a lot of the encounters are so incredibly unique and varied. Playing Warlords really reminded me of that.
Remember the neverending posts of "yeah but like how can they ever have any cool settings in their games? It's just NYC or DC"
Massive proves them wrong all the time.
It's nuts how they take "mundane" areas and objects and use them to create places that feel like a totally different world

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Faces and cosmetics somehow took a hit in the 2nd game while being more varied, it's strange...

I can't get over the "huge chest, short legs" style of D2, and I think even the animations looked better. There's also lots of minor graphic glitches I notice, and weird choices. My impression is that D2 is an improved game, but received a lot less polish overall. The result is a kind of mixed bag. And it also makes sense considering that D2 had a shorter dev cycle.

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
Don't have a ton of time to read the whole thread, so quick question. I played through and completed the main story solo or w/randoms(rarely), is the DLC worth coming back for as that type of player? Played and loved D1 but again not interested in end game/multiplayer stuff. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have a ton of time to read the whole thread, so quick question. I played through and completed the main story solo or w/randoms(rarely), is the DLC worth coming back for as that type of player? Played and loved D1 but again not interested in end game/multiplayer stuff. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Expansion is PvE only. I'd inquire more about the actual length/amount of content, not sure if there are reliable opinions just yet.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The loot is so so so much better now. I can actually understand this shit without needing to load up some google document, which was absolute insanity.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the neverending posts of "yeah but like how can they ever have any cool settings in their games? It's just NYC or DC"
Massive proves them wrong all the time.
It's nuts how they take "mundane" areas and objects and use them to create places that feel like a totally different world

Yup, absolutely. They manage to surprise me every time.