• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I'm quoting both of you, because regardless of being a new player or not, just go for the boost and head straight to NY.
You won't be able to return to Washington before you beat the story campaign in NY, but after that's done, you'll be free to play all that DC stuff as well.

And no, don't waste your time grinding to World Tier 5/ 500GC. Just boost.
If you're an achievement hunter, there might be some Washington progress related achievements that won't unlock for a new character boosted straight to 30, but it's unclear yet what achievements are affected. Most likely related to side-missions that can't be replayed. Not a big issue anyway. You have four character slots, in a worst case scenario you'll just have to get them on a new character. :)
Thanks for the reply. I actually just took the boost before I saw it, but I am 110% in agreement with your rationale as to why to do so.

Honestly I stopped playing DC for a reason, it felt like a grind there towards the end which is why I never made it to WT5, so I am primarily just down to check out NYC for a fresh perspective so to speak. And we will see if I somewhat regret this decision to even do so. With Ori coming out and then Doom later this month, my time spent with this expansion when may be cut short. Good thing is though can always come back to this game. Like I said earlier in the thread, I am a pretty casual player in the grand scheme of Division 2 players.

Also just want to shout out to whoever runs the Era-Prime clan and did not kick me out even though I had not played for months. I appreciate that greatly. Respect.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Gotta say I really like the new recalibration system. Seems a lot more streamlined and very easy to compare and change things. Cost is still pretty high to do it but once I start playing more I'm hoping the resources will come in pretty fast. Haven't done any yet but ripped a bunch into the library just to see how it all worked. Better than selling my nice green/yellow GS500s for 150ish credits since they're now just considered level 30 gear.
Also just want to shout out to whoever runs the Era-Prime clan and did not kick me out even though I had not played for months. I appreciate that greatly. Respect.
I'm not sure they could. I'm in an all offline clan right now as the Commander and I can't see who is still in let along remove them even if I wanted to. I guess that's a good thing though so people can't just assume leadership (if the Commander has been offline for too long) and then just boot everyone.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
How's this for someone who's never played The Division at all? Can I play PvE only?

Last edited:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta say I really like the new recalibration system. Seems a lot more streamlined and very easy to compare and change things. Cost is still pretty high to do it but once I start playing more I'm hoping the resources will come in pretty fast. Haven't done any yet but ripped a bunch into the library just to see how it all worked. Better than selling my nice green/yellow GS500s for 150ish credits since they're now just considered level 30 gear.

I'm not sure they could. I'm in an all offline clan right now as the Commander and I can't see who is still in let along remove them even if I wanted to. I guess that's a good thing though so people can't just assume leadership (if the Commander has been offline for too long) and then just boot everyone.

plus the bar telling you whether that stat is maxed or not makes it real easy to see what to bank

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Ironically I heard Pestilence is the only exotic that didn't get gimped with all the stat changes.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Tidal Basin just to experience it and now heading to NEW YAWK.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
So let's do numbers on PSN (EU):

Option A:

- Division 2 Ultimate Edition = 16,99€ (on sale until March 4th at 01:00 am)
- Warlords of NY Standalone DLC = 29,99€

Total = 46,98€

Option B:

- Warlords of NY Ultimate Edition = 59,99€

Total = 59,99€

I think the only advantage option B has is some exclusive gear 🤔, otherwise if I can save some 13€ then I'm all for it.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
There's actually a few blueprints I still don't have. If I boosted a new character, would that give my main all the blueprints I'm missing -- are they shared?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Ironically I heard Pestilence is the only exotic that didn't get gimped with all the stat changes.

Eh, LMG's in general got seriously gimped by taking away the exotic holster perk or fill'er up. It's been so long since I had to reload a LMG and I forgot how insanely long it took.

There's actually a few blueprints I still don't have. If I boosted a new character, would that give my main all the blueprints I'm missing -- are they shared?

You can buy (with in game currency, not real money) the option to share blueprints between characters at the crafting bench lady at the white house.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Okay, truly my last question of the day at least before I fire up the game to check out the expansion...
Just checked my stats thanks to some stat tracker website, if my Gear Score is 404 and my Level is 30 (I think I got to WT3 if my memory serves me correctly), should I take the boost the game offers when you first fire up the game?
I do not care about what I have done with my character thus far, I just want to experience the expansion the best possible way. If that means using a free boost, I will do that. If the free boost will be detrimental for whatever reason, I will not do so.
I just do not follow the game enough to know, I am a casual player who played more than a casual player, if that makes any sense.

You can go WT3 to WT5 pretty quick.

I would skip the boost and just play through.

I don't have any year 1 expansion content and it's on sale for one more day on PSN for $12. Should I get that stuff too along with this expansion? Worth it? Or should I just jump in with this expansion only and not worry about older year 1 stuff?

All the Y1 content is free at this point. What you get for your $12 is 3 unlocked specializations (instead of unlocking via gameplay).

Probably not worth it.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
All the Y1 content is free at this point. What you get for your $12 is 3 unlocked specializations (instead of unlocking via gameplay).

Probably not worth it.
Eh, the grind for the 3 specializations can be pretty long. If you really want to play any of them right away it's probably worth the $12, especially considering a lot of the challenges to unlock the specializations are DC mission specific so you'll either have to wait to do the expansion until you unlock them or you'll have to wait until after you finish New York to get them unlocked.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Skill Tier doesn't make any damn sense. Nothing on my armour has "skill tier" on it, yet for some reason my shield is tier 1?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Third time I got a bug where you can't finish a mission... no prompt to examine his body. What a fuckin mess this expansion is.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017

I don't mind some sort of rework, say reduce to two unique talents, but almost all Exotics have been gimped to oblivion.

Outside of the one special talent now, they've gone from being "exotic" to both boring and outclassed.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Skill Tier doesn't make any damn sense. Nothing on my armour has "skill tier" on it, yet for some reason my shield is tier 1?
Something about the shield inherits core attributes. So if you look at my gear pieces here, the first icon they have is the core attribute. We see 3 shields for armor attribute.
b880a34fe3.jpg

Now we look at shields in skills and we can see that same amount giving me a Tier 3 rating.
b776304bd2.jpg

Shield skill appears to be the only gadget etc that receives tier ranks from both armor and skill tiers. Pretty cool honestly!

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Went to sleep and woke up, and I still get the same issue with community leaders. Fortunately they're gonna do 3 hour maintenance to fix it but it'll be like 4:30 PM by the time that's done :(

Oh well, Guess I'll keep myself busy with something else.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Are there new masks tho?
Yes. There are 8 new Hunters and the assumption is 8 new masks. Beyond that, seasons will introduce the Seasonal track and apparel events, both of which will likely include more mask options.
Yeah, the devs said before the game launched that the shield would be affected by Shield Tier and core armor stats. I thought they meant armor would contribute to shield health, but I guess it means it contributes to Skill Tier of the shield too. Seems good!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea you could harvest and bank weapon core attributes, attributes, and talents. This is kinda huge. I wonder if you can improve more than 1 thing on a weapon now or what.

Edit: Yeah still just 1 thing you can re-roll. Way more power and visibility over what you can change though if you have an almost perfect piece of gear with 1 bad or underwhelming aspect stat or talent-wise.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Something about the shield inherits core attributes. So if you look at my gear pieces here, the first icon they have is the core attribute. We see 3 shields for armor attribute.
b880a34fe3.jpg

Now we look at shields in skills and we can see that same amount giving me a Tier 3 rating.
b776304bd2.jpg

Shield skill appears to be the only gadget etc that receives tier ranks from both armor and skill tiers. Pretty cool honestly!
Yes. There are 8 new Hunters and the assumption is 8 new masks. Beyond that, seasons will introduce the Seasonal track and apparel events, both of which will likely include more mask options.

Yeah, the devs said before the game launched that the shield would be affected by Shield Tier and core armor stats. I thought they meant armor would contribute to shield health, but I guess it means it contributes to Skill Tier of the shield too. Seems good!

Ooohhhhh. That's super rad.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I had to drop some settings in New York but kept most the same. Some dips but my god...

I know New York City isn't unique in this regard but man, there is something special about the city that just makes being it feel amazing.

Sorry peeps for filling the thread with screenshots. :(

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Well, first of the 4 paths (Theo) ran into the bug where we can't continue/talk to the guy. Fun!

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
How is PC performance in the expansion?
Same as the base game so far. I'm on a 1060 GTX and an i5 4670 at 1080p.

I did see a bit more freezing/stuttering a few times but for now I'm gonna chalk that up to the servers getting actively shit on unless it keeps happening.
Well, first of the 4 paths (Theo) ran into the bug where we can't continue/talk to the guy. Fun!
It's a bug that a lot of people are getting. They're going to perform server maintenance that starts in 3 hours and ends in 6 that'll fix it.

Till then, they've said that restarting the game and fast travelling back and forth might help fix the issue since apparently managing to change what server instance you're connected to fixes it temporarily.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
What is the white notched bar on the far left side of where it shows your current ammo count on the HUD? That seems new with the latest patch or I missed it before now. It doesn't seem to align with how much ammo I have left in other weapons either?

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Biggest performance issue on PS4 Pro is the pop-in of random stuff sometimes. Not nearly as noticeable as the AWFUL texture pop-in in vanilla D2.. but still.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is the white notched bar on the far left side of where it shows your current ammo count on the HUD? That seems new with the latest patch or I missed it before now. It doesn't seem to align with how much ammo I have left in other weapons either?
That's for your signature weapon IIRC. Tracks when you'll generate ammo for it.

Sooo can I just deconstruct the 300 pieces of level 30 gear in my stash now?
Only thing I'd stress not to delete are some equipment mods or gear mods. If you have the yellow versions even at 30 their stats seem to be better than most of what I'm getting at 35 at least at blue rarity (specifically gadget/skill mods in this example). Useful to keep around until you find replacements.

11ae5500be.jpg

Last edited:

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Some of my fav unique mods have disappeared because they were on the wrong equipment. Boo.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else getting a weird effect where the ground seems to shift as you move forward? Playing on PC btw. Never noticed this in the base game but am experiencing it in the expansion.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couple basic shots so far, love all the little details

HZqqRyr.jpg

2a3npBb.jpg

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I started the expansion with an unleveled specialization. Not getting any points on level ups. I don't see the bench so I can change to one I leveled so I'm stronger for the missions. Damn

Did 3 boss fights though. Pretty fun. Especially the

The dude that puts out holograms of himself or whatever. Shit was tight.

Last edited:

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Used my 20% code and bought the expansion. Weird thing is once i bought the expansion it awarded me with 9700 uplay points. Lol

Not feeling like getting banned and claiming 97 20% discount codes though.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
Edit: Never mind! Figured out the answer to my question

Last edited:

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the recab bank. If i have the expansion the level 1-30 bank/pokedex is useless for me, right?

Edit: Never mind! Figured out the answer to my question
The guy who transports you to new york is literally called "New York Pilot" I think lol. Not sure if there are other pilots as I have just started. Also congrats! Thats very cool.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
Can someone explain the recab bank. If i have the expansion the level 1-30 bank/pokedex is useless for me, right?

The guy who transports you to new york is literally called "New York Pilot" I think lol. Not sure if there are other pilots as I have just started. Also congrats! Thats very cool.

Haha thanks! Yeah that's me! His name is Casey Bell, which I believe is only apparent if you have subtitles on. Found him in the first minute of a Let's Play of the first mission lol.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Used my 20% code and bought the expansion. Weird thing is once i bought the expansion it awarded me with 9700 uplay points. Lol

Not feeling like getting banned and claiming 97 20% discount codes though.
Whaaat, I thought you couldnt use that on new releases - I kinda was waiting purely because I wanted that discount.

Well, that and I am incredibly aggravated by the whole level boost fiasco. I spent probably 20 hours - and yes it was fun, but it was work I was doing in prep - to get ready for the expansion only to find out the day of release that the boost would be vastly better than any casual WT5 player would have. That should have been advertised from day 1 - I would have done nothing but chill and explore, instead I semi-burned myself out getting points for the specs, trying to mop up every mission I hadn't done, and it was the single biggest reason I didn't preorder and start playing today. What an inexplicably stupid thing to withhold. I am sure in a few days I will feel like playing again but maaan.