• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I got the community leader bug where you can't talk to him, all their suggestions to get it working are not fixing it ☹️

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I feel the same way. Reminds me of when people got MHW: Iceborne and wanted to skip the entire base game. If you already did the campaign on console, I get that, but some people never played before.

The one reason for skipping ahead of Div2 is because of the way the player base is fragmented by leveling up, this first week will have the most popuation for doing the expansion, so if you run through the base game now, it will be *very* empty and hard to co-op, and then by the time you get to the NY dlc, NY will be emptier compared to right now.

That's a fair point on matchmaking. Guess it depends on how long it will take someone to catch up.

Personally I'm quite happy taking some time to figure out the new systems. Been playing for a while now and haven't even fired one shot just checking out what's changed.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats to everyone that has the expansion...I'm very much looking forward to playing it myself...sounds great! So glad they made these loot changes so I don't need to research every piece of gear I pick up LOL

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, after the constant and consistent annoyance of the bugs in D2 where you had to start certain new quests before quitting the game or get stuck they managed to make it so quest givers won't talk to you AGAIN!?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big Div 2 fan, but I agree that the Cleaners had a lot more presence and personality than any of the Div 2 factions.

The closest comparison to me is the Hyenas. I found them to be the most memorable of the Div2 factions.

everytime I'm fighting the Hyenas, I just keep thinking "damn kids."
Well... They nerfed basically everything, and now the game feels like shit at 30. My skills are worthless, my gear is worthless, and everything takes twice at long to kill. Hopefully everything balances out at 40.
we're in the same boat. lol.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the expansion is sharable on PS4? It doesn't appear to be but would like confirmation on it before I decide if I should buy it with my brother or not.

Thanks.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
They're doing an early maintenance tomorrow morning:

twitter.com

The Division 2 on Twitter

“Greetings Agents, The servers will shut down for an unscheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 3rd at 09:30 AM CET / 03:30 AM EST / 00:30 AM PST to deploy several fixes. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours. Details: >> https://t.co/tNUYREBB8a”

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Played it on Xbox at lunch and it was offering to take me to NYC. Didn't have time enough to actually play through the first mission but the option was there. I don't have the Year One pass but i did pre order the WONY DLC. All of the new backgrounds and load screens were up too.
Thanks! Going to just go ahead and purchase it now and see for myself what is up.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
It's early days but this whole gear and customisation system is just such a massive improvement. I've been able to whip together some really great pieces already.

Rick Valassi. And yes.

What?? Are you kidding me? No way. Is he still droning on in all the safe houses? :( Of all the people to survive the apocalypse. Not so keen on this expansion anymore...

May 10, 2019
Did anyone else play around with recal workbench yet? It seems some exotics can be upgraded, maybe past lvl 30/500 cap? Didn't get much time to play around with it till later tonight.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Did anyone else play around with recal workbench yet? It seems some exotics can be upgraded, maybe past lvl 30/500 cap? Didn't get much time to play around with it till later tonight.

There is a list somewhere but the devs have said that there are some that are upgradable immediately and some that will be added later. If memory serves Nemesis is one.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Well... They nerfed basically everything, and now the game feels like shit at 30. My skills are worthless, my gear is worthless, and everything takes twice at long to kill. Hopefully everything balances out at 40.
Take a look at what your build is actually made up of - since Core Attributes are a set series, your build may have lost the things that made it strong. I was able to, in 15 minutes, put together a level 30 build with what I had left and recalibration, that is steamrolling level 33s still. I would suggest focusing on Armor/Health and Weapon damage in the 30-40 grind, only worrying about perfectly synergistic skill builds, which won't really be strong enough until everything is unlocked.
I got the community leader bug where you can't talk to him, all their suggestions to get it working are not fixing it ☹
Yeah, just have to wait. Unless you start the missions for the others, search for SHD tech and do control points until then. Still lots to do.
I believe that they said certain exotics (those that were based on finding parts maybe?) will be upgradable to level 40 right away, but that the vast majority will have upgrades at a later date.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, just purchased the expansion on Xbox. All it downloaded was The Division 2 Warlords of New York Tactical Response Pack??
Is that all it should have downloaded?? I am still at work (working from home today), so I could not fire up the game itself to check, as then I would start playing and that would be bad news with about an hour left and I do have actual work, so just want to make sure that is all it should have downloaded? I am assuming that is like the "unlock" to get the rest of the content.

In other news, apparently I have not booted up my Xbox is quite some time. The whole UI changed?? When did this happen? LOL

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Okay, just purchased the expansion on Xbox. All it downloaded was The Division 2 Warlords of New York Tactical Response Pack??
Is that all it should have downloaded?? I am still at work (working from home today), so I could not fire up the game itself to check, as then I would start playing and that would be bad news with about an hour left and I do have actual work, so just want to make sure that is all it should have downloaded? I am assuming that is like the "unlock" to get the rest of the content.

In other news, apparently I have not booted up my Xbox is quite some time. The whole UI changed?? When did this happen? LOL
I don't know the answer to your first question (Div 2 got a huge patch (60-75GB depending on platform/what was already installed). As for the Xbox Dashboard, that's pretty recent. It's been in preview for a long time, but drastically increases the speed of the console.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I started/boosted a new character and just arrived in Haven in NY and can't activate Gunner, Technician and Firewall. The other 3 specializations work fine of course with 165 points unlocked.

I bought the year 1 pass last year, so that isn't the problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know the answer to your first question (Div 2 got a huge patch (60-75GB depending on platform/what was already installed). As for the Xbox Dashboard, that's pretty recent. It's been in preview for a long time, but drastically increases the speed of the console.
Okay thanks. I knew it had not been THAT long since I fired the Xbox up.

And I am trying to find where it shows what updates where installed recently, but I am not seeing anything at all under Updates itself. So I am guessing I actually must have gotten the update. My shit is set to auto download (hence getting the UI update with no idea), so I think I am good to go.

I actually have my old Slim in my bedroom since I got an X, the game was not installed on it at all, so when i went to install the base game and expansion on there, again the only thing that showed up was this Warlords Response pack or whatever it is called. Guess I will find out for sure later tonight.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

And I am trying to find where it shows what updates where installed recently, but I am not seeing anything at all under Updates itself. So I am guessing I actually must have gotten the update. My shit is set to auto download (hence getting the UI update with no idea), so I think I am good to go.

I actually have my old Slim in my bedroom since I got an X, the game was not installed on it at all, so when i went to install the base game and expansion on there, again the only thing that showed up was this Warlords Response pack or whatever it is called. Guess I will find out for sure later tonight.
When in doubt, arrange games by last update. Division 2 should be there at the top if you got the overall update. To check on Warlords expansion, as soon as you login there should be a mission marker for Warlords Of New York just outside the white house (bright yellow icon, impossible to miss).

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017

You're probably fine if you have autoupdate enabled. The Gear 2.0 update probably contained the DLC as well, it was large enough. If the load screen is different than the one you're used to you have the update.

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Got the non-interactable NPCs bug as well, and no amount of logging out and in or restarting does anything. Well, I guess I can do some more PoE in the meantime...

There was a SHD-tech cache I tried to get, but I just couldn't get there yet. I can trace the route I'm supposed to take, but there's no way to get to the starting point yet. Probably tied to a mission of some kind, cause there's doors I can't interact with, but those look like they ought to get me where I need to.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I really agree with some people saying this is Division 2's "The Taken King" but the readability of gear upgrades is much, much improved.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
When in doubt, arrange games by last update. Division 2 should be there at the top if you got the overall update. To check on Warlords expansion, as soon as you login there should be a mission marker for Warlords Of New York just outside the white house (bright yellow icon, impossible to miss).
You're probably fine if you have autoupdate enabled. The Gear 2.0 update probably contained the DLC as well, it was large enough. If the load screen is different than the one you're used to you have the update.
Fuck it I just checked even though the whole work thing. It gave me the option to go back to DC or choose Warlords of NY and boost my character after the initial, so it appears I am all set.
With that said, I did quit out until tonight when I have the time to actually play. Thanks again for the replies / assistance.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Can't say I really agree with some people saying this is Division 2's "The Taken King" but the readability of gear upgrades is much, much improved.
It'll probably take until Season 1 is over to really know. No one is close to getting a level 40, fully synergized build, let along taking on the most challenging content (Heroic World + Legendary missions). The gear overhaul is significant, a new map is too, but ultimately, the endgame loop will mostly come in with Season 1's manhunt narrative thread, modifiers, activities, etc.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It'll probably take until Season 1 is over to really know. No one is close to getting a level 40, fully synergized build, let along taking on the most challenging content (Heroic World + Legendary missions). The gear overhaul is significant, a new map is too, but ultimately, the endgame loop will mostly come in with Season 1's manhunt narrative thread, modifiers, activities, etc.

I've seen level 38 players already, only a matter of hours now

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even just from an overview this expansion doesn't appear to be really changing all that much. Like I said the gear readability is way better but there doesn't seem to be a ton of big ticket items. It is really nice to be back in NYC and have that vertical presence again. But yeah it'll take time to see how much the systems have really been changed and if the gear hunt is improved besides the ease of reading upgrades.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
"Connection to Uplay has been lost. As this title requires access to some Uplay features, you should close and restart your game to prevent any loss of functionality."

It refuses to close....:/

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So what should I even focus on doing if I can't talk to the community leaders?
Search for the SHD tech, take over the control points, do the activities in the open world to level up, get the collectibles on the map, clear the fog of war in each region...basically anything on the map that isn't that objective. Oh, and most importantly, starting the other lieutenant quest lines in case one of their community leaders can be interacted with.

Doing those things, you should be at least leveling your character up pretty consistently so that when you can continue the main narrative tomorrow, you'll be dropping better gear from the bosses.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Even just from an overview this expansion doesn't appear to be really changing all that much. Like I said the gear readability is way better but there doesn't seem to be a ton of big ticket items. It is really nice to be back in NYC and have that vertical presence again. But yeah it'll take time to see how much the systems have really been changed and if the gear hunt is improved besides the ease of reading upgrades.

I don't think it's just readability. The ability to customise and tune your build has improved massively and now the actual looting aspect is so much more satisfying with the possibility of great rolls. This is a game changer for me after the torture of the previous system.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Already had the game installed on PC and the update is another 42GB?? My SSD available space didn't change at all that I can tell while it was preparing, so it's not like this appears to be replacing anything, just additional data. Don't even own the expansion as of yet... wow.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how the hell someone took over the clan I was owner of?
It says in the feed 134 days ago someone was promoted to Commander, but in the roster it doesnt tell me who as they we're last online 34 days ago.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Anyone know how the hell someone took over the clan I was owner of?
It says in the feed 134 days ago someone was promoted to Commander, but in the roster it doesnt tell me who as they we're last online 34 days ago.
When I logged back into mine which was completely empty for quite a while, I was immediately promoted to Commander. Not sure what the time frame is for that to happen. You can't view members and their ranks?

Oct 25, 2017
When I logged back into mine which was completely empty for quite a while, I was immediately promoted to Commander. Not sure what the time frame is for that to happen. You can't view members and their ranks?
I was given Liutenant status, but most of the clan is dead, save for one or two, so I guess where they're not online in game, it cant give an update on them.
But this one person was on 34 days ago shows as the Commander.