• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
User banned (2 weeks): Trolling; Prior Bans for Trolling
I just hope this is Division 2's Forsaken because the game at launch was just not good. I dropped it after two weeks. Was practically impossible to make a viable build because there were so many RNG elements in terms of the gear you want. Not to mention the whole WT5 delay fiasco.

this won´t be anywhere near Forsaken, people moved on already.

PC is dead. Like... Seriously Dead.

that is good, this game doesn´t deserve a second chance, they blew it completely with a rushed sequel which was not thought out at all and now they want even more money for this turd of a game.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

that is good, this game doesn´t deserve a second chance, they blew it completely with a rushed sequel which was not thought out at all and now they want even more money for this turd of a game.
Lol... That poster was talking about the servers being hammered right now. The population has been good.

May 10, 2019
Downloading and waiting.....still have to go to work, sigh. I'm off tomorrow so yay!

31503fe07536e5f53ce7d1e25ff7e191f01a71a7.gif

Oct 27, 2017

Eh at least on the xbox that $2 deal has brought tons of people back. It went from out of the top 50 to #16 on the most played list

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
No item budget is the freakin' best!

& this is just me killing time in DC waiting for friends.

unknown.png

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Oh crap was it known that recalibration library would be split up into 0-30 and 31-40?
I guess I'll just deconstruct everything. And my guns suck now lol.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Man, you care about this game a lot. I remember you shitting all over it in the OT at launch, I guess the expansion lured you back to preach your message again.
I hope whatever it was Ubisoft did to you stops hurting soon.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Really liking the changes to gear and stuff, only level 22 but the nerf to skills was welcome, they were way too powerful before.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

I don't see how you could say that. Destiny was in just as bad of a spot prior to Forsaken and it managed to go from awful in year 1 to amazing in year 2. There's no reason Division 2 can't do the same, especially with the new location and the various new implementations of Gear 2.0

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are skill builds viable again/at last or is it too early to tell (or have they been for some time, sort of checked out around the release of WT5)?

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Are skill builds viable again/at last or is it too early to tell (or have they been for some time, sort of checked out around the release of WT5)?

They've been viable since the release of TU5.

With Gear 2.0, you have skill tiers which scales the skills the more tiers you get

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I can guarantee the server issues are hurting Massive more than it hurting us

They really want people to play

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy so many more cosmetics if I could make my chest armor invisible. That shit covers up like 90% of all of the shirt cosmetics.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
While the ability to pet the dog at the Haven is a megaton feature in itself.

Wandering patrols/civilians even have a unique dog feeding animation/dialogue.

Massive the GODS.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that the boost was supposed to give you maxxed specializations for the base game? it certainly did not for me. Just wasted it completely.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I thought that the boost was supposed to give you maxxed specializations for the base game? it certainly did not for me. Just wasted it completely.
It did for me. I made a new character and used the boost since my primary was already 500 gear score and had completed the Survivalist Specialization. And all 3 base specializations had 165 points ready to spend.

The 3 post launch ones weren't affected.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I just got in. Is there a description anywhere of what the new build summary icons mean?

I get the main 3, but then what are the ones next to those that are the same icon but have like a target around them?

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy so many more cosmetics if I could make my chest armor invisible. That shit covers up like 90% of all of the shirt cosmetics.

Honestly I wish they got a bit more loose with cosmetics in general. I don't know if it was a Division 1 problem (played a male character) but in 2 it feels like a lot of the clothing looks real bad on female characters to the point I wish I could change to a male character. There's also not a lot of options. I'm running an outfit that makes me look like i'm in paintball gear and I like that, but i'd love way more clothing options like leggings or more colorful stuff. A lot of it ends up looking like my character raided their dad's closet. I'd buy more cosmetics if there were more cosmetics I liked the look of. Fashion Division seems weak.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
OK now I'm getting a bug where I can't talk to the community leaders in 3 of the safe houses in New York. I could talk to one of them and completed that entire mission chain but the rest of them seem to be locked out :(

Even restarted the game but it didn't fix it.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
EDIT: Seems the Community leader bug is happening to other people too!

Also, I don't see where it supposed to boost my character level from 30 to 40? I'm in Manhattan now and don't see it. Please help ??
The boost is only from level 1 to 30. Level 30 to 40 requires actually playing through the Warlords of New York Expansion content.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It did for me. I made a new character and used the boost since my primary was already 500 gear score and had completed the Survivalist Specialization. And all 3 base specializations had 165 points ready to spend.

The 3 post launch ones weren't affected.
I just used it on my old character since I don't care about having multiple, and it didn't boost my specs. fucking stupid to b e in WT5 with no points but like a handfull.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So PS4 won't have the "The Division 2 - Warlords of New York Edition" and you have to buy the game and the expansion separated?

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to getting on in a few hours, how are the servers holding up? Are there long queues?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Well, left work early and it's downloading now. Will probably spend the next two hours 'copying'. *sigh*

In Destiny 2 you are literally forced to buy the season pass to participate in new content.
In Div 2 you can participate in any content whenever you jump in without paying for the premium track.

Cosmetics are not playable content.

Dude, it's a paid expansion. You're talking like the new content is free. Cosmetics are content. That distinction people try to make is arbitrary.

Also, Destiny had some of the worst and greediest monetisation out there before it went f2p so not really a great basis for comparison.

Anyways let's just agree to disagree as I'm not looking to get into a whole hoohah about it to be honest.

Last edited:

Amakusa

Nov 2, 2017
I'm really confused. I see folks already playing the expansion on PS4, but when I talk to the helicopter pilot, the game just sends me into the store. Preorder says 5:24h until unlock. Anyone else having that issue?

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I'm really confused. I see folks already playing the expansion on PS4, but when I talk to the helicopter pilot, the game just sends me into the store. Preorder says 5:24h until unlock. Anyone else having that issue?

Probably a dumb question but I'm assuming you've already paid for the expansion?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
The MS store lists tomorrow as the release date so I did not order it yet, I was going to do it later tonight, but i see so many people clearly are playing it already. Do you all have the Year One Pass or is it just available to everyone now?

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
The new map is GORGEOUS! But please, let me talk to Community Leaders. None of them work. Tried fast travel, restarting...

EDIT. Oh, one of them worked after fast travel! :)

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I THINK they might be adding more stuff that hides it

I really hope so. I had some time off work around Christmas and naturally unlocked all of the Dark Hours cosmetics from the apparel event, but all of the shirts except for one (the mining outfit) get covered by my giant chest harness. So...there's little point in having them.

May 10, 2019
Loving the claustrophobic feel of the New York streets again. This new gear table will take some time to learn but I'm enjoying it so far.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone looking for people to play on PS4? None of my friends are interested in getting back into the game for WoNY, and I'd kinda like to do the raid at some point. Add me at MadMike-PHX.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
The MS store lists tomorrow as the release date so I did not order it yet, I was going to do it later tonight, but i see so many people clearly are playing it already. Do you all have the Year One Pass or is it just available to everyone now?

Played it on Xbox at lunch and it was offering to take me to NYC. Didn't have time enough to actually play through the first mission but the option was there. I don't have the Year One pass but i did pre order the WONY DLC. All of the new backgrounds and load screens were up too.