• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Don't be silly. It's a good game in there, they just have to drop & fix the bullshit wrapped around it. Still way more fun to play than Division imo. Flying around pewpewing stuff never gets old.

Isn't the fundamental loot part of the game completely broken, or did they fix that yet? I uninstalled it last week when D2 came out so I've not been keeping up.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too many keystrokes. Pretty lazy of the dev though.

T08gqiC.jpg

Yeah the devs are definitely the lazy ones here

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so ridiculously packed with content, I love it. I just hit 450 gear score and while I'm not optimized, I can push through Challenging-level mission groups without too much issue. So much to conplete like progress challenges and gear dye collections and hidden mission for gun mods and that crazy Ivory Key riddle thing, I'm just so happy with the game right now. The only thing that feels bad is the crafting/recalibration not being great and inventory being clogged as a result, but if that's the worst thing going on, the game is in great shape.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the fundamental loot part of the game completely broken, or did they fix that yet? I uninstalled it last week when D2 came out so I've not been keeping up.
Yep still completely broken, plus now they apparently added MS Paint-quality decal cosmetics to the in game store.

Anthem's subreddit is genuinely more fun than the actual game ever will be at this point. Truly is Fallout 76 2.0

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Damn....I'm only level 15 but the girlfriend went away for a few days, I want to hit 30 by Sunday.. love to see the support these is getting.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I feel like I've been playing this game in every moment of free time I get, and yet I'm still not even level 20 and have a whole lot more story to get through beyond that.

I cannot wait to try all of the endgame stuff, including all of this new stuff!

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? Destiny 2 released a raid a week after launch.
I realize I'm barking up the wrong tree based on your username but you really don't want to compare Destiny 2 launch to Division 2 launch if you're hoping to make Destiny 2 look favorable.

Just compare Destiny to Anthem instead :)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Okay. We still won't be waiting months for a raid.
The timing of this update sure doesn't give any confidence.
I realize I'm barking up the wrong tree based on your username but you really don't want to compare Destiny 2 launch to Division 2 launch if you're hoping to make Destiny 2 look favorable.

Just compare Destiny to Anthem instead :)
I'm not trying to make Destiny look better as I couldn't care less about it, I've droped Destiny 2 after the second expansion but there is no denying they got their raid much faster.

Jun 1, 2018

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder how long it would take to complete all 3 gear sets lols and with the brand sets, we are going to need more than 150 slots in the stash

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The timing of this update sure doesn't give any confidence.

I'm not trying to make Destiny look better as I couldn't care less about it, I've droped Destiny 2 after the second expansion but there is no denying they got their raid much faster.
Destiny 2 had a tiny fraction of this game's endgame so they obviously had to get the raid out faster.

And there's nothing to indicate the raid is "months" away.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The sidearms. If you look at them they're level 30 and if you equip them they massively drop your gear score so they're completely worthless.
I'm sure they will be upgraded in a patch soon. Also, gear score only matters to start the stronghold missions. Some of the best builds in Divison 1 were below max gearscore, as they required use of high-ends or even purple guns from time to time.

cyress8

Avenger
Jun 1, 2018
? Theres a logout option on the settings menu
yet im over here waiting for bioware to just fix the launch of there game..........which they just keep breaking every damn patch thats released. It's a fucking joke, anthem needs an FFXIV style reboot a month out.

https://kotaku.com/anthem-s-new-update-adds-more-loot-and-more-bugs-1833592189
Its incredible. Before anthem launched i was sure i would buy anthem and not the division 2. now i dropped anthem because its awful loot system and am so happy with the division 2. there is so much content and loot its amazing.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Ubi Soft has really figured out how to support games post-launch. Siege, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and now this. It makes me more interested in buying their games at release knowing they're not going to wither on the vine
Don't forget For Honor. Starting it's 3rd year, just got a major expansion and even currently ranked higher than Battlefield V on Xbox Live most played games. Wildlands also got tons of support and post launch content.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
Sweet, I got a week to go from WT2 to 4.

I think it only took me a few hours, if that, to go from 2 to 4 so no worries there I wouldn't think.

I don't know if I was unique in that way, but that is one of my small gripes with end-game so far. It didn't seem like I did anything except the required Invaded missions to unlock the subsequent Stronghold and then I had enough gear to do the Stronghold and move onto next WT. Only had to do 1 or 2 activities + Invaded Missions to get from 3 to 4.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok we get it, Anthem sucks, rip anthem, poor anthem, yadda yadda yadda. No matter what Div2 is doing, Anthem is still here and people are still playing it. can we just keep the discussion on Div2 and not turn this into another "Anthem is the worst game ever made hate train " thread? k, thanks!
Other than that, can't wait to play the new content!
Also, is it just me or are the numbers on the red, blue and yellow icons off from the actual amount of those you have equipped on you?
Why you mad?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have they fixed the revive hive, or mention it here? That thing was filling 9 out of 10 times for me the other night.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Glaad they are giving more causal players time to gear up for the raid. I dislike how destiny raids have been releasing such that only streamers can be competitive for a world's first attempt for the most part.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
What delay are you referring to? What is your audio set up?
You can hear boxes opening when you haven't opened one. I *believe* the folks on Reddit said it's not a delay, it's an audio cue so that you know you are leaving an unlooted crate in the area, but, to be honest, I haven't fully looked into it. It's pretty distracting when I play with headphones, intentional or not.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You can hear boxes opening when you haven't opened one. I *believe* the folks on Reddit said it's not a delay, it's an audio cue so that you know you are leaving an unlooted crate in the area, but, to be honest, I haven't fully looked into it. It's pretty distracting when I play with headphones, intentional or not.

That matches my experience of it, also as a cue to tell you that you have unclaimed loot when re-entering an area.
For example early on I got stuck on a ladder after a bounty and I needed to restart the game to be able to move, I loaded back into the game then eventually (thinking the crash had lost the loot) wandered past where I'd originally been to hear that sound which made me head back and find the golds that had dropped and stayed there. I've heard it more since then especially as I've got lot game and maxed various collectables and therefore left more opened boxes on the streets.

It can, as you say get distracting especially if you're doing a lot of exploring but I see why it's been designed that way. Perhaps they could add an option to mute "loot reminders".

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Im having so much fun with this game i might just buy my first ever yearpass for any game ever. And i know we get it free eventually, its just good business and i respect that.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
Ok we get it, Anthem sucks, rip anthem, poor anthem, yadda yadda yadda. No matter what Div2 is doing, Anthem is still here and people are still playing it. can we just keep the discussion on Div2 and not turn this into another "Anthem is the worst game ever made hate train " thread? k, thanks!
Other than that, can't wait to play the new content!

Who hurt ya boss? Lol.