• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How well do you think The Division 2 will review?

• Amazingly well

Votes: 198 11.2%
  • Solidly

Votes: 1,259 71.2%
  • Middle-of-the-road

Votes: 291 16.4%
  • Badly

Votes: 21 1.2%

• Total voters

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
Considering the original is an 80 MC and everything I've read about this sequel improving upon it; I'd be expecting mid to high 80's.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So all reviews in progress should be banned from review topics in future?

Don´t be ridiculous.

This "Review" thread btw has a poll asking people how they think the game is gonna review...

Completely defies the purpose of a review thread - sorry.

This is an impressions or guess-the-metascore thread.

This is not a review thread.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Don´t be ridiculous.

This "Review" thread btw has a poll asking people how they think the game is gonna review...

Completely defies the purpose of a review thread - sorry.

This is an impressions or guess-the-metascore thread.

This is not a review thread.

It's a poll, people were going to guess the metascore regardless. Why get your panties in a bunch over this?

Not really. I came here to check the reviews and...nothing, zero reviews.

I think review threads should go live when there are at least some reviews available.

There are previews, so if you want to read up on where reviews are at (and maybe there will be some scores later today?) you can check in here. Not sure why you're getting upset.

Oct 30, 2017
Look, I´m not singling you out, OP.

But it used to be that for a review thread to go up you needed actual reviews.

There´s a recent trent where "Review" Threads go up without a single review in them and once actual reviews come out (sometimes days later) the OP has lost interest in her/his own thread and does not update the OP.

This is an impressions thread.
Bro you complain about everything it seems. And you can never face up to when you're wrong. No one gives a shit what your definition of review vs. impression is.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hostility here is just wholly unwarranted my dude. Let the Mods Mod it out instead of calling for policing.

Hey my dude. I want reviews in my review threads. I don´t think that´s a crazy thing to ask for.

This thread is mislabeled - simple as that.

Bro you complain about everything it seems. And you can never face up to when you're wrong. No one gives a shit what your definition of review vs. impression is.

Hey bro. I don´t think thit has anything to do with "my definition" of anything. An impression is an impression an review is a review.

Last edited:

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
There are previews, so if you want to read up on where reviews are at (and maybe there will be some scores later today?) you can check in here. Not sure why you're getting upset.
Oh I wouldn't say 'upset', I'm fine xD. But you know, when I see a review thread on Era I know it might take days before we actually see the reviews. It's mostly people guessing the MT score. Not for me. Again, I'm just more in favor of having a review thread with actual reviews.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played hundreds of hours of the first game. Cheesed that APC on the first incursion and was along for that ride for awhile.

But the setting and cover shooter gameplay is just boring to me now.

Pass.

Oct 30, 2017
Hey my dude. I want reviews in my review threads. I don´t think that´s a crazy thing to ask for.

This thread is mislabeled - simple as that.

Hey bro. I don´t think thit has anything to do with "my definition" of anything. An impression is an impression an review is a review.
Well we'll all be sure to notify you when the reviews start coming in. Are we allowed to continue hyping ourselves or is this not the appropriate thread for that?

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing other members and thread derailment
Well we'll all be sure to notify you when the reviews start coming in. Are we allowed to continue hyping ourselves or is this not the appropriate thread for that?

Not trying to kill your hype or anything. Just asking myself why this can´t be labeled as an "early impressions thread".

The review thread without a review thing is a recent trend that I´m not fond of.

I clicked on this thread expecting reviews. I got a poll, hype and previews instead.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, what an indictment of the industry.

I'm excited for this game, but, it absolutely sucks that "functions as intended for a full priced game" is considered a bulletpoint now a days.

Depressing right? Hope this isn't the standard going forward. I suppose it's become increasingly difficult with the size of these projects now.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Why did review codes for this game go out so late? The game seems like it's in really good shape. Why wouldn't Ubisoft want to get good word of mouth going sooner than now?

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the standard procedure was to make the review thread when the reviews/scores are actually starting

I dont consider this a reviews thread

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
85+

Everything from Day 1 for me has been running well. I've only had one crash and that was when I was starting up a matchmaking session for a story point. Not entirely invested with characters though. Just a lot of cookie cutter personalities.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Mid to low 80s. These games just don't review well which is a shame given the current word of mouth around the game.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/...ress-solid-start-ubisofts-ravaged-washington/

Maybe it is just the disappointment at Bioware's sci-fi scramble of incessant loading screens, connection issues and disparate adventuring talking, but I half expected to go into Ubisoft's game facing a clutch of the same issues. But that hasn't happened; I fired up The Division 2, crafted my macho bearded soldier man and sent him into the post-apocalyptic capital to shoot bad guys and find sweet new kneepads. And several hours later, I'm still enjoying a compelling, mechanically satisfying --if aesthetically uninspiring-- shooter. And that's with very few technical hiccups, aside from the odd floating corpse and texture pop-in

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Why did review codes for this game go out so late? The game seems like it's in really good shape. Why wouldn't Ubisoft want to get good word of mouth going sooner than now?

The servers were turned on two days ago. There would be nothing to play with those review codes if they went out like a week or two ago.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018

It's a multiplayer looter shooter. You want people to review a game with very few people in it and the unrealistic scenario of a server that isn't stressed. That's not a legitimate review.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
It's a multiplayer looter shooter. You want people to review a game with very few people in it and the unrealistic scenario of a server that isn't stressed. That's not a legitimate review.
Yeah, you pretty much have to review online live service games in a live environment. Plenty of outlets got stung last gen (and early this gen) by early reviews in controlled environments, only to have the live game release to massive network or other problems, making the review look misleading or downright wrong.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The game is very solid and well made. They pretty much listened and improved on everything from the first one. I'm going to say mid to high 80s. If you liked the first one, you'll love this. If you didn't care for it, this probably isn't going to change your mind.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I'm guessing an 82. I definitely like it more than the first thus far, and I think it will have more initial legs than the first (I say initial because it took years for the first game to come into its own).

But a lot of things I wish were changed, especially with the gameplay, were not. The exploration is also better and some of the locations look awesome, but the "feel" of the areas is really similar, as well as some of the systems. Lot of retreading of familiar ground gameplay-wise....and graphically they updated very little.

I would personally give it an 85 at this point, where I would have given the first a 75. The endgame is a big part of the game though, and I think the reviewers will miss that...it's a hard type of game to review in that sense.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
People were so dissapointed by Anthem that the Division 2 is gonna look even better in their eyes now lol. Ubisoft devs must be smiling right now

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'm in for a prediction of 87. Really hope it does well and a lot jump on board, absolutely loved the first game and was great with randoms. It'll be even better now in the discord with other Era folks.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Probably solidly although it should be tanked for having an ingame shop and lootboxes imho.
It should be tanked for having microtransactions at all, there is a version of it that costs 1000 NOK on PSN compared to 5-600 for normal games.
80-85.

I'll never take any reviewer that does this bullshit seriously.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's significantly better at launch than the first game and TD1 is sitting at 80 on Metacritic. Based on that alone it should be a 90+ game. The fact that these games don't review well will probably keep it somewhere in the mid 80's, though. Anything lower than that will be a farce.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Server issues are typically ephemeral. Reviews of the content, graphical performance, story, controls, audio, and progression are absolutely legitimate and have nothing to do with server connection issues.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
I midly enjoyed the first Division but after playing the beta for D2, I'm all for it. The game feels huge and I enjoy the teamwork aspect alot. My guess is 87 meta

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think very high 80's. A lot of these reviewers are coming off Anthem, and it's gonna be like coming out of the cold pool and going right into the hot tub. It looks like fun to me, but so did the first Division and I fell off that pretty quickly, so I'm gonna wait on a discount for Division 2.