• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For those who haven't been following the new expansion OT, the patch and expansion are live on both PC and consoles. There's a bug that some players are encountering that won't let them progress past a certain point, but devs have said that if you start up a different lieutenant's questline, you should be okay, or at worst, to wait until tomorrow's server fix.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Woah. So i started the expansion and played the beginning and now I can not go back to DC without completing the expansion story. I had a few friends that want me to join them, but they don't have the expansion.

EDIT: And it's crashed on me twice within an hour. :( PLaying on PS4

Oct 25, 2017
For those who haven't been following the new expansion OT, the patch and expansion are live on both PC and consoles. There's a bug that some players are encountering that won't let them progress past a certain point, but devs have said that if you start up a different lieutenant's questline, you should be okay, or at worst, to wait until tomorrow's server fix.
Came in here to post I'd gotten this bug. Thanks!

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
There seems to be a pretty massive enemy scaling bug that affects DC on all levels right now as discovered by guys coming back to DC after they hit 40 in NY.

Enemy damage scaling bug.
So before i post the same screens i have been . i wanted to say this.

This insane damage/hp in DC has happened before. The devs said it was a bug and patched it fairly quick. So there is no reason to scream at each other ect.

my stats

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/9585/7OaJ56.jpg

enemy damage

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/1029/x7TCse.jpg

Now in new york i crush the content as my stats allow. Some of it can get pretty hard but as you can see with the enemy damage there isnt a whole lot you can do. i walked into a room and this is what happened In DC.

now if you wouldnt mind bumping this thread and giving it likes so it stays at the top.

again this has happened before and the devs stated it wasent working as intended.
Imagine taking that much damage as a non xpac player. It would be impossible.

Hell I left the room i was trying to get into after 10+ deaths.

and iam max level with reasonable stats

source: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2195121-Enemy-damage-scaling-bug

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
is there a reason to pick up the year 1 pass if we just bought the base game? I figured if we enjoy the game, we'll just jump right into the expansion.. not sure how the pass works...

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
is there a reason to pick up the year 1 pass if we just bought the base game? I figured if we enjoy the game, we'll just jump right into the expansion.. not sure how the pass works...

You get instant access to the post-launch 3 specializations and 8 classified missions, which basically have lore background and puzzles to get backpack trophies with Year 1 Pass

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up last minute during the $3 sale on PC and I've been enjoying it. Scratches some of that lizard brain itch, while I cool off from Destiny before their new season starts. This still seems to have that really solid level/encounter design that I liked about the first game. It's really pushing me through as I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of the build game sifting through green/blue gear. I'm hoping the later portions/endgame intrigue me enough to pick up the expansion!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Picked this up last minute during the $3 sale on PC and I've been enjoying it. Scratches some of that lizard brain itch, while I cool off from Destiny before their new season starts. This still seems to have that really solid level/encounter design that I liked about the first game. It's really pushing me through as I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of the build game sifting through green/blue gear. I'm hoping the later portions/endgame intrigue me enough to pick up the expansion!
The level 1-30 experience really doesn't require much building beyond "equip higher level gear/focus on armor/damage" and "choose a weapon that feels good to you." But yeah, after World Tier 5, the builds become more important. It'll be interesting to see how the expansion build variety ends up.

Brachydios

Sep 22, 2019
33272144248_8b36c04041_o.png

Division Era discord link:
(If not immediately visable, post in the main thread first, then check)
Quote for Discord Link!
[Hidden content][Hidden content]
(emote the bot post to add your role <platform>)
Quoting for access

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see the season pass anywhere in the UI - I haven't gone to NYC yet even though I have the deluxe version of that dlc. Does it only work in NYC?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just jumped in and gotta say I like it a lot. Feels like a weird mix of time crisis/other pop up arcade shooters and strangely relevant politics. Having fun With it so for for $6 on ps4 pro.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Just jumped in and gotta say I like it a lot. Feels like a weird mix of time crisis/other pop up arcade shooters and strangely relevant politics. Having fun With it so for for $6 on ps4 pro.
Same here, I bought it for cheap on the PC when the NYC DLC was coming out. I played the original so I kind of knew what to expect but the gameplay loop is a perfect distraction right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Can someone tell me how can I tell what a God roll looks like?
maxresdefault.jpg

Sure thing. One thing I should note, is I'm not sure if the god roll UI is in effect until level 30 or level 40 if you have the expansion. I can't remember. That said...
1 - First, looking at the part that says Core Attribut "Weapon Damage." First, you can tell it's a god roll because there's an orange hue behind the stat.
2 - Second, same part, you can tell it's a god roll because the red bar is filled all the way to the right for weapon Damage (where as Hazard Protection looks like 95% of a god roll, Repair Skills like 75% there.
3 - If you look at the highlighted chest piece on the left, under Providence Defense/Weapon Damage, you'll see a little bar extending from the Red icon. That also lets you see a god roll at a glance.

As for knowing if there's a god roll that dropped while farming...
4 - in the open world, you'll see a little Chevron pointed upwards in the loot beam if there's a god roll (it's a smaller chevron than the one you'd see if it's a Named item).

PS: you might want to head to this thread instead - it's more active these days.
www.resetera.com

The Division 2: Warlords Of New York |OT| Gear 2.0 Of War

Title: Division 2 - Warlords Of New York (Expansion + Title Update 8) Platforms: PC/Xbox One/PS4 Release date: Monday, March 2nd (PC), Tuesday, March 3rd (Consoles) Developer: Massive Publisher: Ubisoft Genre: Looter Shooter Distribution: Digital Pricing: $29.99 WARLORDS OF NEW YORK & TITLE...

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Sure thing. One thing I should note, is I'm not sure if the god roll UI is in effect until level 30 or level 40 if you have the expansion. I can't remember. That said...
1 - First, looking at the part that says Core Attribut "Weapon Damage." First, you can tell it's a god roll because there's an orange hue behind the stat.
2 - Second, same part, you can tell it's a god roll because the red bar is filled all the way to the right for weapon Damage (where as Hazard Protection looks like 95% of a god roll, Repair Skills like 75% there.
3 - If you look at the highlighted chest piece on the left, under Providence Defense/Weapon Damage, you'll see a little bar extending from the Red icon. That also lets you see a god roll at a glance.

As for knowing if there's a god roll that dropped while farming...
4 - in the open world, you'll see a little Chevron pointed upwards in the loot beam if there's a god roll (it's a smaller chevron than the one you'd see if it's a Named item).

PS: you might want to head to this thread instead - it's more active these days.
www.resetera.com

Title: Division 2 - Warlords Of New York (Expansion + Title Update 8) Platforms: PC/Xbox One/PS4 Release date: Monday, March 2nd (PC), Tuesday, March 3rd (Consoles) Developer: Massive Publisher: Ubisoft Genre: Looter Shooter Distribution: Digital Pricing: $29.99 WARLORDS OF NEW YORK & TITLE...
Thanks man! Just picked up the base game on PC. Been playing it solo. This explained a lot more than what I found.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
So I just hit level 30, my last main quest was Lincoln Memorial (lvl 27) and I don't see any other main quest to continue the story line

I have the expansion, aside from just wanting to finish the story is there any reason I should not go to that now?

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
So I just hit level 30, my last main quest was Lincoln Memorial (lvl 27) and I don't see any other main quest to continue the story line

I have the expansion, aside from just wanting to finish the story is there any reason I should not go to that now?
There are some achievements you will be unable to get, but aside from that there shouldn't be any reason.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

You won't be able to do expansion until you reach WT5.
Or I guess you could boost a character but that makes no sense at the part you are at.
Just continue doing all the content and level through the World Tiers. You got quite a few more missions ahead of you :D

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
You won't be able to do expansion until you reach WT5.
Or I guess you could boost a character but that makes no sense at the part you are at.
Just continue doing all the content and level through the World Tiers. You got quite a few more missions ahead of you :D
Thanks, with the current pandemic I'm really not in a rush

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Just picked up the game last week. Looking forward to playing with y'all on PC!

Could someone send me a link to the discord? I tried quoting the OT and couldn't see it.

Green Marine

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
Sorry for necro bump, but does anyone have the slightest idea what the problem is with the Kenly College expedition? I stopped playing this game for around a year, but just went back with my friend to do all of the six DLC missions split between Coney Island, Outskirts, and Pentagon. The expedition just opened up the other day, we have completed all nine echoes (three at the library, three at the student union, and three at the metro terminal). All of them say "replay for chapel access" which would indicate the game at least recognizes we completed the missions the first time, but the chapel door stays locked and indicates all three previous areas are what is preventing progress. I never even went back to D.C. the whole time we did all nine echoes. Cursory google searches show Reddit threads where people were having this problem a year ago (!) and nobody ever mentions a solution.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Sorry for necro bump, but does anyone have the slightest idea what the problem is with the Kenly College expedition? I stopped playing this game for around a year, but just went back with my friend to do all of the six DLC missions split between Coney Island, Outskirts, and Pentagon. The expedition just opened up the other day, we have completed all nine echoes (three at the library, three at the student union, and three at the metro terminal). All of them say "replay for chapel access" which would indicate the game at least recognizes we completed the missions the first time, but the chapel door stays locked and indicates all three previous areas are what is preventing progress. I never even went back to D.C. the whole time we did all nine echoes. Cursory google searches show Reddit threads where people were having this problem a year ago (!) and nobody ever mentions a solution.
Hopefully this helps...I found these two answers on Reddit:

FIRST POTENTIAL WORKAROUND:

FWIW, circling back on this thread with an update:
I just (re)ran the original two legs of the triad (Library, Metro Station) again. After some serious frustration and hilarity before I realized you could turn off the unbelievably annoying MASTERY MODE (e.g., grenade-drop-on-enemy-death) from the mission params overlay (!!!), I'm happy to report that with all three investigation areas having been completed under TU6 (or perhaps more importantly, the re-opening of the Kenly College expedition coinciding with the release of TU6) I've indeed managed to unlock the Chapel door (and retrieve my Diamondback rifle).
This probably reinforces the hypothesis offered by @kabachy earlier in this thread that the trigger for unlocking the Chapel door is indeed tied to having completed all three investigation areas (Student Union, Library, Metro Station) during the same singular 'availability' period for the Kenly College expedition. Completing two of the three during a prior 'availability' window and the third during a subsequent 'availability' window seems not to trigger the door to unlock.
I suppose with hindsight that if you consider the expeditions to be 'cyclical' repeat 'events' (vs. persistent destinations you can visit and return to at will) this behavior sort of makes sense (?) However, not having any distinction in the status overlay between investigation areas completed during prior 'cycles' and those completed during the current/active 'cycle' seems a pretty significant oversight to me -- if I return to Kenly College if/when the expedition goes 'active' again I'll seemingly have no way at all to know my progression through the investigation areas AFAICT (without entering each one to inspect the status of each of the three 'branches' provided by the Echo in each location).
Of course, the flip side is that now that I have my Diamondback, I'm not terribly likely to return to Kenly College again, unless I'm interested in the masochistic experience of having enemies blow up in my face while I'm crouched behind cover trying to defend a communications terminal ;)
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions here. For the rest of you that chimed in offering stories of a similar inability to unlock the Chapel door, I hope this thread helps you even a little bit -- although it sounds as if some of you may be 'suffering' from other root causes for your same symptom as myself. Good luck!

SECOND POTENTIAL WORKAROUND:

Each time it reopens, you will have to complete all three missions to unlock chapel.
...actually makes a lot of sense. TBH when I first visited the Kenly College expedition (after TU6) I was honestly expecting that all would show 'uncompleted'. It was a bit surprising to me that the two I'd completed under TU5 still showed as 'complete'.

In fact, this may actually be the 'bug': that past-completions still list as 'complete' from prior openings of the expedition when they 'reset/close' :)
I guess I'll (re)run the two (Metro, Library) that I completed under TU5/prior Kenly availability and see if that works. I'll report back here w/ results.

PS: feel free to join our new OT over here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-ot-gear-2-0-of-war.172829/

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I restarted because I played a few missions with a buddy while I was half asleep.

Now I'm lost.

The characters say, go after the president or the cure.
The map says, go to the safe house for notes.

Nothing happens, and now no directions. Do I just just nothing? I know it's open world, but I want some direction so it feels coherent.

I guess I'll just follow the "recommendations" even though they don't seem to have anything to do with that the characters were just talking about.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
State Of The Game Highlights
  • Confirmed that they aren't upgrading/optimizing the game for next-gen. If you play on Xbox Series X, your Div 2 will be the quality of Xbox One X. PS5, will be quality of PS4 Pro. PS4 can play with PS5, Series X can play with Xbox One players. Your save/character, just work. This also applies to Division 1. This is really disappointing to get confirmation that 60fps won't be happening.
  • Operation Iron Horse Discovery Mode comes Tuesday (with matchmaking). So, a kiddie version of the raid without the exclusive rewards.
  • TU11 Global Event modifiers are getting drastic changes. Modifiers will now be a lot more positive for players. They want you to WANT to play with the modifier/feel more powerful.
  • Two new directives are coming.
Season 3
  • Season 3 starts right away on Tuesday, September 22nd.
  • Going after the head of the BTSU (take down Black Tusk Leadership)
  • Twitch drops will come with Season 3. 3 Legacy caches (30 minutes), milkshake backpack trophy (1 hour).
The Summit
  • Releases Tuesday, September 22nd (aka not delayed)
  • The disappointing thing is that the major things people have asked for (select target loot, select difficulty for whole skyscraper, make the drop rate better for farming) aren't changing by launch. It sounds like they are coming with TU11.1. But, also, working from home, I empathize. So maybe play it once in TU11 and then jump back in for TU11.1.
  • They made changes during the PTS (more objectives, less frustrating hostage timers, new drone/turret things), increased enemy types, decreased directives from Legendary floors, fixed Level 100.
  • Have been making more adjustments for TU11: a couple of more objectives, adjusted frequency of objectives, rogue agents can drop during Legendary now, fireteams available during Legendary (unusual and challenging archetypes, like all warhound types at once), numerous bug fixes.
  • Rally points up to level 51 available right away (so you don't need to play floor 1-50 if you don't want to waste time on easy difficulties).

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
State Of The Game Highlights
  • Confirmed that they aren't upgrading/optimizing the game for next-gen. If you play on Xbox Series X, your Div 2 will be the quality of Xbox One X. PS5, will be quality of PS4 Pro. PS4 can play with PS5, Series X can play with Xbox One players. Your save/character, just work. This also applies to Division 1. This is really disappointing to get confirmation that 60fps won't be happening.
yeah that is a bummer, as someone who spend a lot of time playing on ps4 pro (even bought a ssd) then jumped in and started again on PC the difference was pretty big and made the game feel a lot nicer.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just got back into the game after a long time away and I forgot how dope this is. It feels improved in numerous ways.

I have a clan but they're all long offline. Does Era have one going?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I beat it? Some brief case mission? Then a new faction with higher difficulty, is that it?
Here's the new OT
www.resetera.com

"Beating" the game means:
Progress through World Tier's 1-5
Finish Tidal Basin, a stronghold that's only available at World Tier 5 still I believe. That's the original final mission.

Then there's DLC missions: Manning National Zoo, Camp White Oak, Darpa, Pentagon, Coney Island x2.

Then there's the NY DLC (4-5 missions and new map).

At that point you'd be level 40. Then you wanna progress to Heroic and Legendary difficulty while getting your endgame build together.

Then there's two raids, the seasonal content (weekly challenges and overarching manhunt) and the Summit floors 1-100.

Last edited:

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
My friends and I finally reached the top of the Summit (we're very casual players, so we took our time reaching the floor 100) and the Hunter beat us to a pulp lol The jump in difficulty (we're playing on Challenging) from the previous floors and battles in comparison with the Hunters is way to noticeable!

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry in advance for the question but I saw on the PS Store that the Division 2 warlords of New York edition is on sale. The description says it includes the base game plus the New York expansion but it's way cheaper than the base game.

so does this edition actually include both?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry in advance for the question but I saw on the PS Store that the Division 2 warlords of New York edition is on sale. The description says it includes the base game plus the New York expansion but it's way cheaper than the base game.

so does this edition actually include both?
If it says so, it will.

Often platforms have sales on collections or packs but not the base game.

Deleted member 3190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the community discord shared for both games? Nevermind, looks like the server is dead anyway.

Last edited:

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Just reinstalled it and constantly crash every 5 minutes. Excellent. Had 120 hours in before with not a single crash. Installed it today and there was a 5gb update and yup, can't play.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just bought this on Series S and already have a bug in the first mission where I can't progress. Supposedly there is a door in the White House I need to open, but I literally can't.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I just bought this on Series S and already have a bug in the first mission where I can't progress. Supposedly there is a door in the White House I need to open, but I literally can't.
I don't know what to suggest other than log out/log back in and see if that works? Otherwise, I'd recommend going to the Reddit or the Ubi forums. This is the original OT that's quite dead. The second OT has a bit more traction, but still probably not a lot of people at the first mission in there at this point.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I played the main game solo all the way to
where Black Tusk invades
and I'm wondering, do I need to continue playing for any narrative reason or can I jump into the Warlords expansion?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
where Black Tusk invades
and I'm wondering, do I need to continue playing for any narrative reason or can I jump into the Warlords expansion?
I believe after that the progression there is only some small activities and 4 invaded Strongholds to get you to World Tier 5. That said, those Strongholds can be played after the fact too-I believe you'll be able to toggle between Invaded and non-Invaded at will right away, but worst case scenario is one Invaded Stronghold a week.

No real harm in jumping to Wony and replaying the Invaded stuff at level 40 instead.

PS: feel free to jump into the Warlords OT. There's meta builds in the threadmarks, and happy to help anytime.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
where Black Tusk invades
plot ponts during the black tusk versions, and other things unlocked
tidal basin: they get virals (or antivirals?) you get them back. they try to missle you, you stop that
camp white oak: the president gets those virals/antivirals goes back to the black tusk and escapes with them

Oct 29, 2017
So I hit the endgame and have no idea what to do. I read somewhere that I need to advance to World Tier 1 but how I do that is kind of confusing. Apparently I need to do all the strongholds, but I don't know which ones I have/haven't done, and some on the map are locked. For example, I guess I need to do Capitol Building, but in order to do so, I apparently need to do Jefferson Plaza, Space Administration, and Lincoln Memorial. I do 2/3 and log out, only to return now to find that all three are back to locking away the Capitol Stronghold.

Someone please direct me in the right direction, thanks :)