• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I just finished the Coney Island mission and DAAAMMMNNNN, it looked so damn incredible with the alternate lighting option.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Hopped back on for a bit just to try to re-familiarize myself with things and maaaaaan I don't remember the specifics of my build and stats lol. I tapped out right when the first Specialization hit for non-pass holders, I got it and maxed it out but that was about it, already seeing lots of changes I don't remember in inventory screens, I see they made a lot of the Talents "unique" so they don't stack, etc etc. The targeted loot thing on the map also seems like a neat idea. Not going to bother digging too deep in inventory and build stuff since that'll be a moot point soon though.

I do really hope the expansion is good and delivers on the loot changes this game desperately needed, was the only reason I tapped out after like 250 hours. I'm currently all the way down the rabbit hole with FFXIV so I'll probably at least wait a bit for post-launch impressions before biting the bullet on this.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
so glad they made getting to World Tier 5 easier, this game has the best shooting galleries I've played this gen

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Just played through Coney Island after quitting right before the first raid. Damn I forgot how good the content was in this game. My build seems to still do okay, not going to bother with getting new loot.

Did pre-order Warlord immediately after the play session. What is the active Era clan atm?

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I just finished the Coney Island mission and DAAAMMMNNNN, it looked so damn incredible with the alternate lighting option.
I tried playing the Camp White Oak mission with it on and it turned to night at the end near the Lodge and I literally couldn't see any of the terrain.
Could it be my monitor or some other settings? It's a 5 year old IPS so not the greatest blacks.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
"Immediately" after the 40GB update, so it may be on the 3rd for me :(
giphy.gif

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
So I'm of the ones who picked up this game during int the $3 sale (I also played through the entirety of D1 but I know this is pretty different) so I have a couple dumb questions which its better to get straightforward answers than googling it and trying to find a website that doesnt have 12 ads, 2 autoplaying videos and the need for the author to give their entire childhood background before even getting to the question at hand (which they may or not not even answer):

1. I got 2 exotics so far: one from the Chapel and another I think dropped randomly? I got the Diamondback (which should be renamed to "Reloading") and Chameleon. Is there a way to change any of the mods on it or are we stuck with what they got? I'm trying to like the Diamondback but the magazie is so small and it says it marks on person per reload but everytime i hit that person it switches, so I can barely get the perk to proc cause its like playing the Duck Hunting game on the SNES. Is there a way to get it to just lock on one person until they're dead (or I reload for tat matter)?
  2. I looked at the Nemesis and I've reading that you have to collect parts, but some are saying it drops randomly. This seems to be the only exotic I want to get (cause I prefer marksman over anything else, really). Which one is true?

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
So I'm of the ones who picked up this game during int the $3 sale (I also played through the entirety of D1 but I know this is pretty different) so I have a couple dumb questions which its better to get straightforward answers than googling it and trying to find a website that doesnt have 12 ads, 2 autoplaying videos and the need for the author to give their entire childhood background before even getting to the question at hand (which they may or not not even answer):

1. I got 2 exotics so far: one from the Chapel and another I think dropped randomly? I got the Diamondback (which should be renamed to "Reloading") and Chameleon. Is there a way to change any of the mods on it or are we stuck with what they got? I'm trying to like the Diamondback but the magazie is so small and it says it marks on person per reload but everytime i hit that person it switches, so I can barely get the perk to proc cause its like playing the Duck Hunting game on the SNES. Is there a way to get it to just lock on one person until they're dead (or I reload for tat matter)?
  2. I looked at the Nemesis and I've reading that you have to collect parts, but some are saying it drops randomly. This seems to be the only exotic I want to get (cause I prefer marksman over anything else, really). Which one is true?

1. No, you can't change exotic talents as they are unique and exclusive to their corresponding weapon (and no, no way to make Diamondback to lock on one person). Anyway, all exotics are getting a rework on Tuesday as well, so the way Diamondback works may completely change

2. To get the Nemesis for the first time you need to collect 4 different parts from the strongholds and then craft it, here's a guide:

www.gamesradar.com

Division 2 Nemesis guide: How to get the Exotic Sniper and find all the Nemesis parts

Here's everything you need to get your hands on the Division 2 Exotic Sniper, Nemesis

Once you have crafted it, it's added to the pool of weapons and can drop randomly

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
1. No, you can't change exotic talents as they are unique and exclusive to their corresponding weapon (and no, no way to make Diamondback to lock on one person). Anyway, all exotics are getting a rework on Tuesday as well, so the way Diamondback works may completely change

2. To get the Nemesis for the first time you need to collect 4 different parts from the strongholds and then craft it, here's a guide:

www.gamesradar.com

Division 2 Nemesis guide: How to get the Exotic Sniper and find all the Nemesis parts

Here's everything you need to get your hands on the Division 2 Exotic Sniper, Nemesis

Once you have crafted it, it's added to the pool of weapons and can drop randomly
Thank you.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played since a long time ago, though I did log in and forgot about pretty much everything. I'll give this a shot though.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
This game doesn't have some way to change/improve an Exotic armor/weapon piece right?

Like how exotic guns in Destiny have Catalysts that improve/change their functionality?

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
So, I'm really excited for the new patch + Warlords of New York, but I want to play some Division 2 for the next couple of days too.

At this point, what is "worth" doing from a loot / progression perspective? Since any loot I find now will probably be obsolete once the patch drops in a couple of days, what should I try doing now which would be relevant even after the patch drops?

I'm in World Tier 1, if that helps.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, I'm really excited for the new patch + Warlords of New York, but I want to play some Division 2 for the next couple of days too.

At this point, what is "worth" doing from a loot / progression perspective? Since any loot I find now will probably be obsolete once the patch drops in a couple of days, what should I try doing now which would be relevant even after the patch drops?

I'm in World Tier 1, if that helps.
The next couple of days?
It releases Monday, so tomorrow XD

Oct 27, 2017
Time to delete almost everything and that's going to feel gooooood....

Ran two missions yesterday (one was Tidal Basin), picked up about 60 pieces of gear...there was a lot more that I didn't pick up. It's just absurd, yellow/gold (high-end) items littering the map everywhere and it's all garbage. They really need to at least make the purple (Superior) items worthwhile in some way just as a Legendary item in Destiny is. It's just high-end everywhere and an Exotic here or there with this game. It just makes the loot boring in a lot of ways. Yes, I know it's always been this way dating back to TD1.

You can't have the amount of the supposed best category of loot dropping in the game be just trash tier 99.9% of the time. Do something to mix it up, whether that's different colors of drops or whatever (for the end-game). It needs a total re-tooling.

I hope the new loot/gear system is substantial.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I like how named items have the chevron... even though they are still usually total shit. But it would be cool if those chevrons were related to role quality, maybe? Idk, but maybe if a piece had a roll above a certain threshold, it would have a chevron. So you could see from afar if it was even worth your time. And pieces could have multiple chevrons, so that would really get your attention. Like, three... it's a named item but also has two other good rolls. This is probably too much into the weeds, but maybe they could let you target specific things that would also show up. Like, mark a specific piece or item, and if it rolls better-than... actually they could just use your library, and any better roll gets tagged. Or something, idk.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I like how named items have the chevron... even though they are still usually total shit. But it would be cool if those chevrons were related to role quality, maybe? Idk, but maybe if a piece had a roll above a certain threshold, it would have a chevron. So you could see from afar if it was even worth your time. And pieces could have multiple chevrons, so that would really get your attention. Like, three... it's a named item but also has two other good rolls. This is probably too much into the weeds, but maybe they could let you target specific things that would also show up. Like, mark a specific piece or item, and if it rolls better-than... actually they could just use your library, and any better roll gets tagged. Or something, idk.
what?
the chevrons literally indicate a better roll than what you have on your or in library. It even shows that on just drops so you can look at a pile of loot and see there is something in there you can use for your library for example.

Also named items have special stats on them that are HIGHER THAN GOD ROLL or are even exclusive to that named item and don't exist on any other item.

This is in Gear 2.0 of course.

Time to delete almost everything and that's going to feel gooooood....

Ran two missions yesterday (one was Tidal Basin), picked up about 60 pieces of gear...there was a lot more that I didn't pick up. It's just absurd, yellow/gold (high-end) items littering the map everywhere and it's all garbage. They really need to at least make the purple (Superior) items worthwhile in some way just as a Legendary item in Destiny is. It's just high-end everywhere and an Exotic here or there with this game. It just makes the loot boring in a lot of ways. Yes, I know it's always been this way dating back to TD1.

You can't have the amount of the supposed best category of loot dropping in the game be just trash tier 99.9% of the time. Do something to mix it up, whether that's different colors of drops or whatever (for the end-game). It needs a total re-tooling.

I hope the new loot/gear system is substantial.

Thing is, high-end gear becomes your standard gear once you are at max lvl.
But they are reducing loot drops and making them more interesting. Or at least they are trying.

Oct 27, 2017
what?
the chevrons literally indicate a better roll than what you have on your or in library. It even shows that on just drops so you can look at a pile of loot and see there is something in there you can use for your library for example.

Also named items have special stats on them that are HIGHER THAN GOD ROLL or are even exclusive to that named item and don't exist on any other item.

But they are reducing loot drops and making them more interesting. Or at least they are trying.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said it's always been this way dating back to TD1. It does factor in in making the loot game quite boring. I mean you see a superior every now and again but when you do you immediately already know it's garbage. Making superiors actually worthwhile in some way compared to high-ends would at least liven it up a bit.

The biggest issue is how much of it drops constantly which basically paralyzes you or it just becomes an extreme nuisance managing the inventory, etc so lowering the amount and making everything a bit more clear or dare I say...streamlined...may improve things greatly...time will tell.

One thing missing (or compounding the loot issues) is more worthwhile gear set options, we'll see if the new Striker set is worthy.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
what?

Klyka I did not know that about 2.0, I was just making a suggestion based on the current system. I was just tossing it at the wall, but pretty funny to hear that's what they're doing going forward. lol Guess it was a pretty good idea. Also, i've spent a lot of time watching Div2 stuff and didn't see that about the chevrons in 2.0... so don't be surprised if others are in the same boat. There's a lot of info to absorb right now.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Klyka I did not know that about 2.0, I was just making a suggestion based on the current system. I was just tossing it at the wall, but pretty funny to hear that's what they're doing going forward. lol Guess it was a pretty good idea. Also, i've spent a lot of time watching Div2 stuff and didn't see that about the chevrons in 2.0... so don't be surprised if others are in the same boat. There's a lot of info to absorb right now.
sorry your post just super weirded me out

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
sorry your post just super weirded me out
No worries. I'm actually really excited now. That is a huge improvement imo to the loot game. Right now I get anxiety about highend because 99% of it is literal garbage that I can't even deconstruct due to full materials. But you never know so I can't ignore it without "what if" anxiety lol.

Oct 30, 2017
I must be getting old or something but I can't find the xbox version of the DLC on Ubi store (CAN). I have a 20% off code and I'd like to finally use it. The only version I can find of the (DLC only) is for PC... my friend says it's not available for consoles but I've read here that some were able to use the 20% off code. Was it for PC only? Cheers

Edit: selecting the xbox expansion on the Ibi store opens up a second tab but on the Microsoft store... bummer

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
So after maintenance tomorrow for consoles players TU8 is live like gear 2.0, balances etc but everything WoNY related like expansion etc is midnight?

Oct 27, 2017
I must be getting old or something but I can't find the xbox version of the DLC on Ubi store (CAN). I have a 20% off code and I'd like to finally use it. The only version I can find of the (DLC only) is for PC... my friend says it's not available for consoles but I've read here that some were able to use the 20% off code. Was it for PC only? Cheers

Edit: selecting the xbox expansion on the Ibi store opens up a second tab but on the Microsoft store... bummer
That 20% off code from Ubisoft is usually not redeemable for new releases. At least that's the case in the US.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
So if I understand correctly, tomorrow I can just junk all my stuff and it'll store the perks in a bank?