• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Thank you!

Would love if this were in-game somehow, but just knowing that the community has this around is also helpful.
For what it's worth, come March 3rd, a lot of this will be in the game. Every attribute roll will have an associated bar showing you how high it can roll. And because talents are being simplified to only drop on Backpacks and Chests, and you don't need x red/yellow/blue to unlock them, what you see on gear should make everything pretty clear.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For what it's worth, come March 3rd, a lot of this will be in the game. Every attribute roll will have an associated bar showing you how high it can roll. And because talents are being simplified to only drop on Backpacks and Chests, and you don't need x red/yellow/blue to unlock them, what you see on gear should make everything pretty clear.
oh sounds interesting. thanks for the heads up

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm level 10, and found this Classified Assignment, but it says I need year 1 pass? I thought all that didn't matter?

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
May 10, 2019
Oh gotcha. Nothing worth getting I assume?

I know some of the gear is available in the legacy(not sure on name) chest that you can access in the same window as where you go to use a apparel cache key. It requires real money for the keys but they also have events that let you earn keys as well.

When in the menu window press Y(Xbox) or triangle (PS4) and it will show you the contents of the chest.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is used to play gears of wars, does the movement get better here? also from where comes the variety of enemies?

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I know some of the gear is available in the legacy(not sure on name) chest that you can access in the same window as where you go to use a apparel cache key. It requires real money for the keys but they also have events that let you earn keys as well.

When in the menu window press Y(Xbox) or triangle (PS4) and it will show you the contents of the chest.

Ok, cool. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
As someone who is used to play gears of wars, does the movement get better here? also from where comes the variety of enemies?
Off the top of my head: robot dogs, Moving robot turrets, huge robot drones, heavies with melee weapons, heavies with miniguns, enemies with shields, flamethrower baddies, snipers, lmg campers, rushers with melee weapons, rushers with smgs, shotgunners, operators (drones/explosive cars/little RC saws), regular enemies, suicide bombers, most of which have different weapons, boss versions of most, and raid versions of most, all across four factions (soon to be a fifth faction and an upgraded version of another).

95% of enemies are humans with guns, though?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking at my stash and realizing that all these builds, literally hundreds of hours of collecting and tweaking, about to be worthless garbage because of a bullshit, arbitrary raise in level cap. Gear 2.0 was welcomed, but raising the level cap and basically resetting everyone is one of the worst goddamn gaming trends. So frustrating.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Welcome to service games.

At least Destiny does the whole gear overhaul at a reasonable pace which doesn't make your gear irrelevant or outdated as soon as something new comes out.

Division 2 in one year changed gear so drastically and so often that players had to regrind the same shit over and over...

I'm still smh how massive are repeating the same mistake they made in Division 1.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Am i totally missing it or can i not matchmake for the Pentagon and coney island missions?? I only see the matchmake random mission option!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've been looking at my stash and realizing that all these builds, literally hundreds of hours of collecting and tweaking, about to be worthless garbage because of a bullshit, arbitrary raise in level cap. Gear 2.0 was welcomed, but raising the level cap and basically resetting everyone is one of the worst goddamn gaming trends. So frustrating.
Welcome to games with loot?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
im getting to sell off all armor

im marking nearly all of my stuff for junk lol only named stuff and a few are left

May 10, 2019

Off the top of my head: robot dogs, Moving robot turrets, huge robot drones, heavies with melee weapons, heavies with miniguns, enemies with shields, flamethrower baddies, snipers, lmg campers, rushers with melee weapons, rushers with smgs, shotgunners, operators (drones/explosive cars/little RC saws), regular enemies, suicide bombers, most of which have different weapons, boss versions of most, and raid versions of most, all across four factions (soon to be a fifth faction and an upgraded version of another).

95% of enemies are humans with guns, though?

Just adding, two newer enemy's added as well are archers(bow) and a heavy that attacks with a chainsaw(listen for chainsaw revving).

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm curious how you'd like them to solve this problem? Or if you've played any other games which handle this better?

What were you planning to do with all that loot? Were there fun things to do with it, raids you could participate in, etc.?

To me the endless loot treadmill is why I don't spend much time in the end game of games like this, Diablo, etc. but I'd be curious to know if you've played other games which take other routes.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused about how co-op is supposed to work in this game.

I'm level 30 with a GS of 499, my buddies just picked up the game and I joined them as they were both level 5. It immediately bumped them up to level 29, they started to quadruple their XP and damage numbers, seemingly levelling up after every encounter, and every drop I got from then on was around GS 200. So not only are they power levelling when they don't want to, but I'm getting terrible gear.

Are there settings we're supposed to change?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For those wanting to check damage, yeah, the Shooting Range is a good one. You can set the enemies to regular, Veteran or Elite (or Named) and before you enter it, on the wall you can set the Difficulty to Normal/Hard/Challenging/Heroic. Don't get caught up on the DPS numbers themselves, just pay attention to the feel of how quickly/efficiently you're taking down enemies. The DPS numbers can get cooked by proc'ing certain talents or having enemies just stand there as you unload into their head which is less indicative of the actual in-game fights, but still...should give you a sense of things.

Also, you can look at your characters stats - ones that are worth looking at are: Weapon Damage, headshot damage, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, individual skill damage/cooldowns. The biggest way right now to get stronger in endgame is getting a mask with 50% damage to elites, but that attribute won't be around come March 3rd, so up to you if you want to bother grinding Airaldi/Alps masks for 2 weeks when it'll become useless.

Made it to WT1 - that was a bit anti-climatic? Or did I miss the story missions now? I am a bit confused, still...
Honestly, this has been Division's biggest problem, I think. The first game ended with no resolution to the big bad. Division 2 doesn't really either. The most climactic fight is actually Tidal Basin (end of Strongholds that are part of getting to World Tier 5). The first time you play it, it should feel like a proper endgame, plot aside. So you still have a big fight to look forward to (and the Strongholds, the first time, generally feel like harder, longer, more elaborate missions than the base 1-30.

For what it's worth, the Warlords of New York expansion appears to be the tying up of story players have wanted since the first game. The big bad is already revealed to be the big bad from the first game and there are definitely threads relating to a plot with the president introduced in the extra missions of Div 2.

I'm confused about how co-op is supposed to work in this game.

I'm level 30 with a GS of 499, my buddies just picked up the game and I joined them as they were both level 5. It immediately bumped them up to level 29, they started to quadruple their XP and damage numbers, seemingly levelling up after every encounter, and every drop I got from then on was around GS 200. So not only are they power levelling when they don't want to, but I'm getting terrible gear.

Are there settings we're supposed to change?
I believe the way it works is:
- lower players scale up their damage/armor stats to be more on par with the higher player
- loot is determined by whose instance it is - so, if they joined your game, you'd still be dropping 499/500 (they wouldn't, though - it's player instance first check, but maxed out at a player's level), but because you joined theirs, you're getting low level stuff.

Honestly, with that huge a discrepancy in your player levels, if you want to play with your pals from 1-30, I'd just start a 2nd character. You can get to level 5 in very short time, be all playing at the same level, etc.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the HDR any good? Currently playing it on a monitor but I would hook it up to my TV if it's any good.

My only experience with HDR is CoDMW which was jawdropping in HDR. But I've heard that not all games do HDR the same.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the HDR any good? Currently playing it on a monitor but I would hook it up to my TV if it's any good.

My only experience with HDR is CoDMW which was jawdropping in HDR. But I've heard that not all games do HDR the same.
It's really very good, even more if you use the neutral lightning setting, nights can be very dark and lights, fire and the sun really shine.

You can even set the HUD brightness separately.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I think they've changed the unit symbol for enemy tank archetypes.

It's a minor thing, but I wonder why.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I believe the way it works is:
- lower players scale up their damage/armor stats to be more on par with the higher player
- loot is determined by whose instance it is - so, if they joined your game, you'd still be dropping 499/500 (they wouldn't, though - it's player instance first check, but maxed out at a player's level), but because you joined theirs, you're getting low level stuff.

Honestly, with that huge a discrepancy in your player levels, if you want to play with your pals from 1-30, I'd just start a 2nd character. You can get to level 5 in very short time, be all playing at the same level, etc.

Thanks for the answer. So it's still not perfect, if they join my game the loot is fine but all the missions are done. I guess we can replay them, but I have no idea in which order lol

As for starting a new character, one of the guys just had a new baby, and plus our different work schedules, we wouldnt really be playing much at all, he'll be playing with someone else and doing the story with them, so I'd all behind too fast. It's ok thouigh, just a little confused how they haven't got this right yet. Wildlands had it perfected already.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the answer. So it's still not perfect, if they join my game the loot is fine but all the missions are done. I guess we can replay them, but I have no idea in which order lol

As for starting a new character, one of the guys just had a new baby, and plus our different work schedules, we wouldnt really be playing much at all, he'll be playing with someone else and doing the story with them, so I'd all behind too fast. It's ok thouigh, just a little confused how they haven't got this right yet. Wildlands had it perfected already.
thinking back, i think i made a second charcter and unlocked a second skill slot, and never touched it unless i was playing with my low leveled brothers. so that way it'd work the way you were hoping for?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for someone to help me boost these DZ trophies. If anyone is willing to help me out, please add me on PS4. Madmike22089

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's really very good, even more if you use the neutral lightning setting, nights can be very dark and lights, fire and the sun really shine.

You can even set the HUD brightness separately.

Tested it out yesterday and it indeed looks very good! Though I noticed that the blacks don't ever really get pushed. Unlike with CoDMW. Is this a conscious decision or is this something I can tweak in the settings?

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tested it out yesterday and it indeed looks very good! Though I noticed that the blacks don't ever really get pushed. Unlike with CoDMW. Is this a conscious decision or is this something I can tweak in the settings?
Tweak it, it can be really really dark with neutral lighting and some settings.

I'll check mines later today.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheers, I'm very curious. I only found options for brightness and HUD elements.
There are two sections with settings, the other is in the graphics one I think, Brightness and Contrast, I remember I set Contrast a bit over half way, I don't remember for Brightness.
I'll take a look when I get home (in 5 hours or so).

Also peak HDR is set to 4000, which suit what my TV expects, whose what suit yours, and the HUD at 150 (but that is only a personal preference).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So if I want to jump back in for the first time since the raid was launched, it's any time after the 3rd do I can gets used to all of the new systems when I do?