• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I spent almost 4 hrs... "farming" for the Merciless exotic (among a couple of other things). Jefferson Trade Center; toward the end of the final attempt, I almost gave up till a small group match made into my session, we had some fun.

Boy, when I saw that orange/red-ish color after taking out the boss, I knew... I was in for a treat that wouldn't live up to my expeditions. Nah, it's cool, I like it a lot — works really well in my crit/utility build.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In reference to the above: The amount of T-posing that goes on in the game is actually kind of unacceptable. Like, I'm used to seeing a T-pose once every few play sessions in other games, but this game has enemies T-posing every single mission, multiple times. It's ridiculous, and you actually shoot at them a lot of the time before you realize what's happened.
It only started with today's patch. I never really noticed it much before today

Oct 28, 2017
I just gave the anti viral samples you get from the last stronghold to a random unmarked lady inside the east mall contaminated zone.
Did that.. do anything? It seemed important.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man the amount of T-Poses and characters moving yet none of their body is actually moving is really killing the vibe for me. It turns this game into a comedy.

Oct 26, 2017
In reference to the above: The amount of T-posing that goes on in the game is actually kind of unacceptable. Like, I'm used to seeing a T-pose once every few play sessions in other games, but this game has enemies T-posing every single mission, multiple times. It's ridiculous, and you actually shoot at them a lot of the time before you realize what's happened.

First time I noticed that was after the patch, something must've been broken by it.

Jan 10, 2018
Holy hell is the new chem launcher bad now. The double tap feels awful and it sometimes janks up which makes you fire it by mistake instead of your weapon. Who the hell asked for this bizarre change?

Overall this is a step in the opposite direction of how skills should work in this game. They should involve very few steps and should feel reliable and quick. The firefly is the perfect example of a skill that fails in all these regards. Not only does it takes a huge amount of time to target enemies, time that can be spent shooting them instead, but it also has a habit of destroying itself since it has no environment detection. It's so underwhelming that I'm starting to think it's some kind of internal joke.

Jan 10, 2018
Holy hell is the new chem launcher bad now. The double tap feels awful and it sometimes janks up which makes you switch to it instead of your weapon. Who the hell asked for this bizarre change?

Overall this is a step in the opposite direction of how skills should work in this game. They should involve very few steps and should feel reliable and quick. The firefly is the perfect example of a skill that fails in all these regards. Not only does it take a huge amount of time to target enemies, time that can be spent shooting them instead, but it also has a habit of destroying itself since it has no environment detection. It's so underwhelming that I'm starting to think it's some kind of internal joke.

So what are you trying to say then? That people shouldn't care about power level and just go for their most preferable build early on?

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't think I noticed any of the T posing issues before the patch (except for Manny at the White House) but our run of Tidal Basin was completely swamped with T posed dead enemies lol

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Holy hell is the new chem launcher bad now. The double tap feels awful and it sometimes janks up which makes you fire it by mistake instead of your weapon. Who the hell asked for this bizarre change?

Overall this is a step in the opposite direction of how skills should work in this game. They should involve very few steps and should feel reliable and quick. The firefly is the perfect example of a skill that fails in all these regards. Not only does it takes a huge amount of time to target enemies, time that can be spent shooting them instead, but it also has a habit of destroying itself since it has no environment detection. It's so underwhelming that I'm starting to think it's some kind of internal joke.

So what are you trying to say then? That people shouldn't care about power level and just go for their most preferable build early on?

I'm trying to tell you exactly what I said.
GS of your drops is dictated by the GS level of your bags/stash, there's no reason to equip the highest GS items and gimp your useful talents/stats.

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
I feels like Hard is now in WT5 as Hard as Challenging in WT4. I really dont like that. Hard and Challenging were good as they were

Oct 25, 2017
First time I noticed that was after the patch, something must've been broken by it.

While the new patch may have exacerbated the issue, it is definitely a thing that has been happening to me since I picked up the game near release. Granted, not on this level.

As an aside, I'd really appreciate it if the robot dogs would, like, fall over or something to signify that they're dead. Wasted a few rounds on them, too, but that's probably intentional.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While the new patch may have exacerbated the issue, it is definitely a thing that has been happening to me since I picked up the game near release. Granted, not on this level.

As an aside, I'd really appreciate it if the robot dogs would, like, fall over or something to signify that they're dead. Wasted a few rounds on them, too, but that's probably intentional.

Robot dogs do signify they are dead, they literally fall to the ground and explode. And I've never seen a T pose outside of this patch.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
why does matchmaking for story missions almost always put me in a group doing freeroam or a different mission? if there a way i'm supposed to know which invites to accept? i'm on ps4 and i get the invites right when i start matchmaking. it does this whether i matchmake outside the mission beginning of from the map.
I'm pretty sure they're waiting for players to join before going to the mission. I realized this later when I was leveling but yeah I can see why it's frustrating cause sometime you join when everyone is in front of the mission. When I was leveling I would go up to the mission before matchmaking then get sent to a safehouse.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to get to 470 tonight. Working on Demo which has been pretty fun so far. Doing the SMG/LMG combo. WT5 on Hard is a sweet spot but eventually I'm going to move up soon to Challenge. Really curious about Heroic.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I just can't find people to join me on PC for story missions. Granted these are earlier still (~level 9) but man :/

Oct 26, 2017

Fair enough, I'm only level 15 and the first time I saw an enemy T-posing was right after the patch. :P

Jan 10, 2018
I'm trying to tell you exactly what I said.
GS of your drops is dictated by the GS level of your bags/stash, there's no reason to equip the highest GS items and gimp your useful talents/stats.

So just stash gear with high score and equip whatever you like? I've yet to find any player who plays like that. All I'm seeing are people trying to hit the hard cap by constantly equipping and rolling higher score. There's no good effect coming out of the current system is what I'm trying to get at.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
The T posed enemies are kinda freaky sometimes.

More than once I've been sprinting to reposition and the T posed dead guys have scared me. Shot at em a few times.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So just stash gear with high score and equip whatever you like? I've yet to find any player who plays like that. All I'm seeing are people trying to hit the hard cap by constantly equipping and rolling higher score. There's no good effect coming out of the current system is what I'm trying to get at.

You store the gear until you get the drops that you want that have better GS than what you're wearing. If you just keep equipping random gear simply because it's a higher GS, you're limiting your effectiveness.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

What the fuck.
First you complain that you have to equip the highest GS and can't keep any build.
Then, when I tell you it doesn't work like that, you complain that you have to stash high GS items.

What do you even want? GS to drop randomly from 300 to 500 regardless of content and your GS? Or just have all items in the game be flat lvl 30, hence killing the progression? Make up your mind, now it seems you're just looking for reasons to complain.

yokochan

Jan 21, 2019
Finally getting the game today (the mailman just delivered it and I'm now waitin for that freakin' 45GB download to finish on my PS4). I really enjoyed Anthem's gameplay, but after it crashed by PS4 several times and the bugs just didn't stop piling up, I finally decided to sell it and jump ship to The Divsion 2.

In the beta I really enjoyed how I could start playing the game just by myself and after a few minutes I'd be teamed up with random players in a group and then playing for hours together, even without voice. In a way it's the type of emergent multiplayer PvE experience I've always dreamed of.

Also found out about the clan system just yesterday (thanks to the very detailed OT) and it sounds awesome. I'm a fairly average gamer, though, and am also not able to play every day or in the same time frame all the time. It's more of a passtime for me when I'm not doing other things and just want to relax.

In your experience, what are the pros and cons of just playing with privacy settings set to open, joining a clan ingame or banding up with people on discord, f.e.?

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I realize that using a sniper or rifle that completely outclassed any other weapon in it's tier or making a build around a ridiculous skill range that literally took up your entire screen or some crazy smg build was fun, but did all of these people bitching and moaning actually think that this stuff was ok and wouldn't get changed? We weren't even at max WT yet and people had 60% crit and 100% crit damage or 190% chem radius...lol. And it always seems to be the most "hardcore" people who are whining about the game being "ruined". It's hilarious. Every one of these games launches with skills and abilities that are just absurd and you can see them getting nerfed from a mile away, and yet every time these same kind of people head straight for those builds and then get all indignant when they get knocked back down to reality. If your reaction the day of a new patch is that balancing "ruined" the game for you, you might as well quit now, because tuning and balancing is going to keep happening and if you keep chasing the most broken of builds you are going to keep getting smacked down.

He's saying that there is ZERO reason to chase GS for GS sake. If you have a 440 item with better stats than a 450 then equipping the 450 is just stupid and serves no purpose. Your drops are based on your highest achievable GS, which means the highest item you own for any slot. It's why I used a 432 sniper even though I was getting constant 450 weapons, it was still better and it didn't hurt my drops because I had 450 weapons in the bank or in my inventory.

People who only chase GS don't know wtf they are doing, which is why you have so many people in groups with high ass GS who have to be carried through runs. The system is fine, people's mentalities are shit. Equip the best piece of equipment you can find for any given slot...forget the GS.

Jan 10, 2018
I realize that using a sniper or rifle that completely outclassed any other weapon in it's tier or making a build around a ridiculous skill range that literally took up your entire screen or some crazy smg build was fun, but did all of these people bitching and moaning actually think that this stuff was ok and wouldn't get changed? We weren't even at max WT yet and people had 60% crit and 100% crit damage or 190% chem radius...lol. And it always seems to be the most "hardcore" people who are whining about the game being "ruined". It's hilarious. Every one of these games launches with skills and abilities that are just absurd and you can see them getting nerfed from a mile away, and yet every time these same kind of people head straight for those builds and then get all indignant when they get knocked back down to reality. If your reaction the day of a new patch is that balancing "ruined" the game for you, you might as well quit now, because tuning and balancing is going to keep happening and if you keep chasing the most broken of builds you are going to keep getting smacked down.

He's saying that there is ZERO reason to chase GS for GS sake. If you have a 440 item with better stats than a 450 then equipping the 450 is just stupid and serves no purpose. Your drops are based on your highest achievable GS, which means the highest item you own for any slot. It's why I used a 432 sniper even though I was getting constant 450 weapons, it was still better and it didn't hurt my drops because I had 450 weapons in the bank or in my inventory.

People who only chase GS don't know wtf they are doing, which is why you have so many people in groups with high ass GS who have to be carried through runs. The system is fine, people's mentalities are shit. Equip the best piece of equipment you can find for any given slot...forget the GS.

Then I guess I'm asking for more clarity or a system that makes more sense. Because as I wrote I don't think that the current system has the intended effect at all. I for one did not understand all its workings and I'm usually the person who really dwelve into the deeper layers of an RPG.

Maybe there could be a system where the power level wasn't represented at all by the weapon/armor, but rather unique progression items? Something has to be better than what we have currently at least.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I just don't read that stuff anymore or listen to this stuff. Everything is always rage and hate and outrage and whining and crying about every little or big thing. Nothing is ever good enough, nothing is ever well done, nothing is ever fun. These people are black holes that will try to suck out any positive feeling or thought you have for a game. They act as if the sky has fallen and everything is ruined and broken yet I never experience what they say myself and nothing really changed for me and my friends. We still fight through challenging difficulty, we still find loot we like, we still have fun.
Honestly, I don't even know if there ever was a time in my life where a patch or balance change has "ruined" a game for me.
Yet when you read gaming communities, the vocal minority will make you think that it happens every day.

Last edited:

yokochan

Jan 21, 2019
It seems to be a little better, there's still some texture pop-in but it's not as awful as it was before. At least from what I've seen on my game ( ps4 pro running off a SSD)
Does turning off supersampling/setting the video output to 1080p (with boost mode still enabled) improve performance or graphical fidelity/reduce the texture pop-in in any way?

Jan 10, 2018
When your team mate uses pulse will you also see the pulse effect? I ran with a team recently where every enemy was pinged all the time but I could not tell what caused it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
dailies resetting now an hour later? because of daylight savings i guess

Does turning off supersampling/setting the video output to 1080p (with boost mode still enabled) improve performance or graphical fidelity/reduce the texture pop-in in any way?

if you want this game halfway acceptable you have to get an SSD, the texture streaming is much better then but the game still has the trees and vegetation LOD morphing in real time and there are still asset pop ins.

there is also still screen tearing, noticed it often yesterday in action moments.

in short: it is the same it ever was. the engine just can´t keep up with all the stuff onscreen on PS4Pro and it is really baffling why they
haven´t revisited the performance since the private beta. i don´t think they will ever do it. it is badly optimized on the Pro.

that they weren´t called out in reviews just adds to the problem, there were maybe 2 or 3 reviews that stated that the performance isn´t good on the Pro and that was it, the rest was raving about the game and it seems the majority of people playing don´t give a shit about it.

btw Assassins Creed Odyssey had a patch in the last days where the LOD is drastically badder now on PS4Pro, i don´t know what Ubisoft is doing...

Last edited:

Deleted member 34618

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Robot dogs do signify they are dead, they literally fall to the ground and explode. And I've never seen a T pose outside of this patch.
the robo dogs bugging out and just standing there when killed instead of exploding has been an issue since beta. A similar thing can also happen with the player character where when you die you get stuck just sitting in the downed position when you die instead of falling over. T-posing dead human enemies is new though, at least in my experience.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

This 100%. I've been saying it in the discord as well, not sure why people are complaining about their builds, it was clear that those crit and one shot builds would get tweaked, and rightfully so. The endgame is just beginning, now is the time to farm gear and sets and try out different combos. Not cry about 'mah crit nerf'.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I didn't even bother going deep into any builds, was clear that there was no point until WT5 came out and everything settled. You absolutely don't need it anyway with the current content.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017

This 100%. Can only agree with all you said here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I didn't even bother going deep into any builds, was clear that there was no point until WT5 came out and everything settled. You absolutely don't need it anyway with the current content.
Agreed. I mean, sure I kinda went for a "build" but I didn't go nuts over it. I didn't recalibrate every piece to have perfect min maxd stats or anything. But if I found something that I thought made the way I played stronger and better? sure I equipped that.
but on reddit you got these people acting like you needed a perfect min maxd "youtuber/streamer approved" build to do ANYTHING in this game when even challenging difficulty is pretty easily cleared if you have decent stats, play safe and especially use nice amounts of Crowd Control. Like, so many of the rooms and encounters in this game are designed in such a way that a flame turret or the firestarter or hell even the airburst seeker if you wanted can be used to stop enemies from rushing you. And i swear people forget about suppression. having just one LMG in the party and having that person actually focus on keeping 2-3 enemies suppressed makes any encounter WAY easier

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Just redone all the invasion missions so the new Tidal Basin mission unlocks but as 455gs they all seemed pointless as the drops were 300gs.
Just seemed like a delay for me.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just redone all the invasion missions so the new Tidal Basin mission unlocks but as 455gs they all seemed pointless as the drops were 300gs.
Just seemed like a delay for me.
That has to be a bug, that didn't happen to me and my group at all. We all got 450GS drops in WT4 and then once WT5 we got higher and higher GS drops

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
What the fuck.
First you complain that you have to equip the highest GS and can't keep any build.
Then, when I tell you it doesn't work like that, you complain that you have to stash high GS items.

What do you even want? GS to drop randomly from 300 to 500 regardless of content and your GS? Or just have all items in the game be flat lvl 30, hence killing the progression? Make up your mind, now it seems you're just looking for reasons to complain.
It would be great if the game would consider the drop even after you dismantle the items.
So just an internal tracker. No need to have it into your stash or inventory.
Even better would be Gear Score drops be tied to difficulty and not what you already have. This is somewhat needless grind.
If your just got to WT5 with 425 GS and be able to do the hardest content, you should not only get 430 items, when someone else farming random mobs could get 490 items.

That's just my option tho. Still appreciate you told me, that you at least don't need to equip the stuff. Still dont like the mechanic, tho.
I come from looting games like Path of Exile and Diablo and those work as I described.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
After the patch the game crashes far more often and leaves my PC in an unresponsive state were only restarting it helps. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
so, you only get exotic materials from dismantling exotics? how the fuck are people supposed to upgrade their exotics to 500? when you craft a Liberty it will come out on 490 highest GS...

after that you need exotic components for upgrading this 490 to 500, problem is you must have an exotic drop first and you have to destroy this drop. this makes absolutely no sense and is a good way to discourage the use of crafted exotics.

such things are awful in a second game of a franchise, it comes off as if they don´t know what they are doing. same with dropping under 500 gear when you are 500. this is timewasting BS at its finest, just drop 500 gear when you are 500 because well, who wants under 500 gear then?

do they think anyone will go like "oh cool a 498 weapon, i will infuse it for the high costs"" instead of just waiting for another weapon to drop which is already 500?