• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I really wish the protagonist wasn't a mute character. Especially since the campaign is on the long side this time around. It's just so awkward seeing him/her just stare off into the distance during cutscenes. Only to nod every once in a while when spoken to.

Agree. I won't even mind a generic male and female voice actor. There is no audio communication between players. No "reloading" or "i'm down" or "I need ammo" or "Loot here" or anything, really. So annoying when you are trying to help a group but the only means of communication is through emotes which are locked behind loot boxes, and generally doesn't work unless you run to other players, quickly start waving and hope that they catch your drift.

I barely paid attention to the story because there is no story. Its just commands and favors being barked at you and you silently nod or stare into the abyss and agree to all decisions. And what's funny is that there is a conspiracy within the game where the virus may not be real, and yet the player does not communicate any such discomfort even once. Not just the player, but everyone around you. Only enemies are the one hinting at this, and you kill them blindly before you could hear them out.

I hope the sequel gives you generic dialogues and voice actors, and I hope you get a choice to pick a faction because this blindly following The Division and doing their dirty work feels braindead. This game needs a Specs Ops moment because the "civil war" within America feels bleak as fuck, with no remorse or repercussions.

Hell, I hope they add generic voice actors in a patch, or let ISAC the A.I. do most of the team communication for you.

But yes, bug fixes first. Game is buggy as hell and in no way as polished as press makes it be, especially when you progress through the game and start seeing the cracks.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
I literally bought an LGC8 tv for this game, At times it is the best looking game I think I have seen which made me buy a new tv for it. The amount of detail Is staggering, Didn't think I would enjoy the setting more than the snowy New York.

End game is best game also, It's took us of Apex.

Last edited:

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is there any word on pop in and texture load improvements?

Im playing on X and feel like im playing on a Saturn at times. :)

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Really don't do this. Some attributes and talents will be hard to find because of rng, I've not got a few I want at WT4 because I took the advice you just gave.

Nah, you gonna swim in loot end game. Everything below WT4 will be trash anyway. Diss till you hit the matts cap, sell after that. Talents are easy to come by and attributes will be trash on low lvl gear anyway. You get so much high end loot in WT4 that it's almost silly to keep stuff. The only stuff you wanna keep are WT4 items with high attributes like 35% dmg to elite or 25% crit dmg or 15% crit chance for future recalibration.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you gonna swim in loot end game. Everything below WT4 will be trash anyway. Diss till you hit the matts cap, sell after that. Talents are easy to come by and attributes will be trash on low lvl gear anyway.

Your "nah" basically says "your experience is wrong", I spelled out why I think it's a bad idea, but to reiterate for clarity:

I'm at WT4. I'm missing a few talents and attributes I need for my current build. I had them at WT1, but thought "loot is plentiful, it's fine". Now I wish I'd saved them.

This is for use at the recalibration bench. RNG means some people will not be able to find the ones they need easily. As is my case.

So it's bad advice imo to say "you'll get plenty", I know a few other people in my position at WT4 wishing they'd saved specific talents and attributes.

And some attributes on lower tier gear are maxed, btw, I have a few of those which helped me out a lot.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I'm at WT4. I'm missing a few talents and attributes I need for my current build. I had them at WT1, but thought "loot is plentiful, it's fine". Now I wish I'd saved them.

This is for use at the recalibration bench. RNG means some people will not be able to find the ones they need easily. As is my case.

So it's bad advice imo to say "you'll get plenty", I know a few other people in my position at WT4 wishing they'd saved specific talents and attributes.

And some attributes on lower tier gear are maxed, btw, I have a few of those which helped me out a lot.

You don't get high enough atts in WT1 to make them useful in WT4. You not gonna get 15% crit chance or 25% crit dmg on WT1 gear.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
In WT1, which Stronghold should I focus on trying first(after unlocking them)? Is there a best order to tackle them in?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get high enough atts in WT1 to make them useful in WT4.
Yes you do. I have some from WT1 that are either at the cap for the specific type or almost at the cap. :)

for example? Show me your build to see if it's worth it
It is worth it, lol. I don't need you to tell me if it is or not.

I needed UF, I had one before and got rid of it. Then I couldn't find one for like 20 hours. I only JUST found one yesterday. If I hadn't listened to adivce like you gave I wouldn't have had to grind and pray to RNG to get it.

I also needed to up my Armour attributes, and I didn't have gear with enough of them to activate specific perks like Patience because I'd trashed so many items before.

So no, when you reach WT1 and you start thinking about the builds you would like to use, ALWAYS save the talents you want later. And if you have maxed or close to max attributes, or gear with the specific types of attributes you will need, always keep them just in case.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Yes you do. I have some from WT1 that are either at the cap for the specific type or almost at the cap. :)

I needed UF, I had one before and got rid of it. Then I couldn't find one for like 20 hours. I only JUST found one yesterday.

I also needed to up my Armour attributes, and I didn't have gear with enough of them to activate specific perks like Patience because I'd trashed so many items before.

Show me wt1 item with 25% crit dmg. It's silly to hoard wt1 stuff.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I don't have that so I can't. I have a few at cap, I also have a lot that are like a point or so below which are more than good enough to use for now before we more to WT5 and have to start over anyway.

So what is the WT1 item you are talking about and what att is on it at the cap and whats the value of it?

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favourite current solo build:

Safeguard Killing a target grants a 150% bonus to rearing and healing effects for 20s
Patience After being in cover for 3s, armour repairs by 5%

And on my AR I have Rooted - While equipped and in cover, all skill dmg and healing is increased by 25% for 10s.

Which I assume is a fairly standard base for armour regen builds.

Then Berserk +10% weapon dmg for every 10% of max armour depleted. In conjunction with the above, this means I can pop out of cover, take heavy fire, increase my dmg up to 100% to tear down a target, then get back in cover for insane armour regen.

I'm running Survivalist for the AR dmg buff, and I have Chatterbox in my secondary for the holstered talent Blabbermouth - while holstered, reloading your weapon within 5s of a kill grants 20% rate of fire for 10s.

I also have Spike - Headshot Kills grant +25% skill damage for 10s, so if I time this with Rooted I get +50% for my Oxi.

The build has 70% headshot damge, which I tried to get as high as possible for Spike.

So, using the AR almost exclusively, stacking the buffs and killing stuff to trigger regen.

Skill wise I'm carrying Oxidizer which gets the 25% buff from Rooted. I'm also running 2k Skill power which allows me to slot two Chem Launcher mods for + ammo giving me a total of +5 ammo for my Oxi. The problem with +ammo in Chem Launcher is that after firing a round, you stay out of cover for a second or two while you reload the launcher. If you have no +ammo, it goes on cooldown and won't reload allowing you to duck back in cover immediately. The Armour regen aspect of the build counters this exposure.

It's not optimized yet, in my other talent slots I have Hard Hitting - +15% dmg to elites x2, Destructive +20% explosive dmg (which buffs my signature weapon), and Self Adjusting +20% armour regen.

-

So, get in cover, score headshot kills (taking fire increases dps and reloading between for the extra ROF for heavier targets), buff Oxi, fire Oxi, cover to regen, repeat.

This is the first build I'm going all out to try to opimitze at WT4, I have to say this is one of the most addictive loot shooters in terms of build variety and possibilities.
Nice build, I'm still on the Survivalist AR myself. Even after seeing all of these videos on demo LMG/SMG I just like the feel of ARs. I'm also running Berserk/Patience. I went with more of a crit build with just Patience as I didn't want to sacrifice my red points to activate Safeguard. I'm went with D&H 3-piece to get me to the crit cap of 60% on my AR. My AR has the stability talent at the sacrifice for crit/optimal range so I can load up on -Stability attachments without penalty. I really wanted to move those Theatre gloves with clutch on them to another piece but it wasn't moving last night after many attempts. I might switch over to Safeguard if I can get Clutch on some gloves. I do have a spare weap with rooted too I should try...I think I spent half of my weekend just trying new builds.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
There are some talents that you'll just want to keep regardless of WT, because rng is rng. That hardened chest you found in wt1 that you trashed? Now you're looking for it to drop again in wt4.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There are some talents that you'll just want to keep regardless of WT, because rng is rng. That hardened chest you found in wt1 that you trashed? Now you're looking for it to drop again in wt4.
Exactly. This has happened to me for:

Talents
Gear with specific attribute slots
Specific attributes at or near max

RNG gonna RNG

So what is the WT1 item you are talking about and what att is on it at the cap and whats the value of it?
I have a bunch. I'm not going through my inventory now to prove it to you. I don't care if you believe me or not. Others can decide for themselves as they look at their own gear.

Nice build, I'm still on the Survivalist AR myself. Even after seeing all of these videos on demo LMG/SMG I just like the feel of ARs. I'm also running Berserk/Patience. I went with more of a crit build with just Patience as I didn't want to sacrifice my red points to activate Safeguard. I'm went with D&H 3-piece to get me to the crit cap of 60% on my AR. My AR has the stability talent at the sacrifice for crit/optimal range so I can load up on -Stability attachments without penalty. I really wanted to move those Theatre gloves with clutch on them to another piece but it wasn't moving last night after many attempts. I might switch over to Safeguard if I can get Clutch on some gloves. I do have a spare weap with rooted too I should try...I think I spent half of my weekend just trying new builds.

Thanks!

I prefer ARs because of the range. I really like LMGs too, sometimes I switch out the CB for an LMG with Frenzy that eats through larger targets.

I love how much room there is to play around with builds. Like, I managed to find a way to make mine work for the specific skills and weapons I really enjoy. I cannot wait to get to WT5 and finally score back some of the talents and attribute slot types I trashed earlier on so I can try out more!

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Envious of those who have more free time then me for this game :). I'm still a measly level 13 and I think I've only done like 40% of the main missions, lol.

What should I do with current gear I find but not use anymore? Disassemble everything? And the settlements have all these projects that absorb materials like mad - worth it to give them all the stuff I find in the wild? Or better to save up? Also, any merit to metro stations dropping a lot of cosmetic items? Every time I wander into one I find a couple new boots/shirts.

I like the game offers so much RPG elements, but all the currencies, material types and options to spend them on different things/projects can be overwhelming.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Remember you can make a mule (2nd character used to hold excess items only) to hold stuff too as the storage is shared across characters. Just be mindful that you wil start out with 30 items and 30 mods only, and will need to play that 2nd character for a little bit if you want to max out their inventory.

Still, even the default amount takes a bit of pressure off your need to dismantle things.

Envious of those who have more free time then me for this game :). I'm still a measly level 13 and I think I've only done like 40% of the main missions, lol.

What should I do with current gear I find but not use anymore? Disassemble everything? And the settlements have all these projects that absobs materials - worth it to give them all the stuff I find in the wild? Or better to save up?

I like the game offers so much RPG elements, but all the currencies, material types and options to spend them on different things/projects can be overwhelming.
Read the discussion above. You're quite a way off having to worry about refining a build, but RNG is gonna RNG. If there's a talent you really like the look of, always keep at least one in your storage imo.

If you're really into refining builds in games like these, then worry about attributes and attribute slots... but otherwise, just keep one of each talent you like.

Also join the discord, join a clan. Lots of people willing to help if you get stuck or overwhelmed!

Last edited:

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

What should I do with current gear I find but not use anymore? Disassemble everything? And the settlements have all these projects that absobs materials - worth it to give them all the stuff I find in the wild? Or better to save up?

Just gotta do both, sell and disassemble. Sometimes you'll need the money to buy a blueprint or that specific weapon you're using at the vendor, and you'll need the cash and mats for crafting anyway; personally, I didn't have any luck with good LMG drops for the 60 and 249, so every few levels I'd just craft a new one just for the dps boost, etc.

Donating items and materials at settlements is something you should do 100%. They unlock things down the line, like NPCs that you need to do certain things. Crafting bench, the clan, etc.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I needed UF, I had one before and got rid of it. Then I couldn't find one for like 20 hours. I only JUST found one yesterday. If I hadn't listened to adivce like you gave I wouldn't have had to grind and pray to RNG to get it.

So no, when you reach WT1 and you start thinking about the builds you would like to use, ALWAYS save the talents you want later. And if you have maxed or close to max attributes, or gear with the specific types of attributes you will need, always keep them just in case.

but you are talking specifically about your build, the other user goes level 24 and you tell him not to destroy his components when he hasnt even reached level 30 lol
You can not stay in a build, from Wt1 to WT4 there is a huge difference

astro

Oct 25, 2017
but you are talking specifically about your build, the other user goes level 24 and you tell him not to destroy his components when he hasnt even reached level 30 lol
You can not stay in a build, from Wt1 to WT4 there is a huge difference
I don't know what's so hard to understand... I wasn't talking specifically about my build. And we're talking about using items for recalibration... not staying in the same gear.

Also, mods. I kept a bunch of skill mods from WT1. They're very low skill power (1-2k) but offer enough of a boost that they're worth using. For instance, my +3 ammo for Chem Launcher is 1476 SP, my +2 is 800. Which means I can fit them into my current build very easily.

So, aside from the fact that talents acquisition is RNG, lower skill mods can also be very useful at WT4.

Oct 27, 2017
In WT1, which Stronghold should I focus on trying first(after unlocking them)? Is there a best order to tackle them in?
You have to start by doing the Invasion missions for the one in the top right of the map and then once you have completed that Stronghold you'll move over to the Roosevelt Island area and complete those Invasion missions and eventual Stronghold followed by the Capitol area Invasion missions/Stronghold. You have to go in that order. Each Invasion mission and Stronghold area represents a World Tier basically.

You will need to do some other activities in each of these areas to acquire gear in order to raise your Gear Score to take on each Stronghold in each World Tier. I believe it's 275 for the first one in WT1, 325 for Roosevelt in WT2, 375 for the Capitol in WT3.

I guess the Tidal Basin Stronghold area and Invasion missions (when they get released) will eventually get us to WT5 which I'm assuming is where the Raid activity will happen.

Last edited:

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know what's so hard to understand... I wasn't talking specifically about my build. And we're talking about using items for recalibration... not staying in the same gear.

Also, mods. I kept a bunch of skill mods from WT1. They're very low skill power (1-2k) but offer enough of a boost that they're worth using. For instance, my +3 ammo for Chem Launcher is 1476 SP, my +2 is 800. Which means I can fit them into my current build very easily.

So, aside from the fact that talents acquisition is RNG, lower skill mods can also be very useful at WT4.

Let him reach level 30 and see for himself the builds. He'll have his inventory filled at any moment and with your advice he will not know what to do trying to keeping all ;)

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, don't dismantle everything, even at low level. I searched for several days the "cooking" glove talent I had dismantled when I was low level without realizing. Never dropped again. I had the chance to find it in the guild shop, but otherwise, RNG is RNG.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Let him reach level 30 and see for himself the builds. He'll have his inventory filled at any moment and with your advice he will not know what to do trying to keeping all ;)
No, with my advice they will save talents they like the look of, and gear they need to activate certain talents, and wont be screwed by RNG.

You will have PLENTY of room to consider this.

Yeah, don't dismantle everything, even at low level. I searched for several days the "cooking" glove talent I had dismantled when I was low level without realizing. Never dropped again. I had the chance to find it in the guild shop, but otherwise, RNG is RNG.
Another person talking sense!

When is the raid supposed to be released?
No release date yet. They're focusing on bug fixes etc... only a very small percentage of players have even reached endgame yet.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The weather in this game is really good.

KzC7UXO.png

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No, with my advice they will save talents they like the look of, and gear they need to activate certain talents, and wont be screwed by RNG.

You will have PLENTY of room to consider this.

Another person talking sense!

No release date yet. They're focusing on bug fixes etc... only a very small percentage of players have even reached endgame yet.

I really want to see your build because I'm talking nonsense according to you

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to see your build because I'm talking nonsense according to you
Other people have said since we started talking about this "Don't trash everything. I wish I had saved that talent I had earlier because RNG screwed me". The advice is good.

If you read the thread you would not only have this information and see your advice to trash everything is bad, but you''d also see my current build. ;)

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I just did a blue question mark mission. Is what I saw intentional or a bug?

I faced off against a named enemy. He was extremely agile and moving around lots. He shot me with electric ammo which stunned me.

But...I was stunned for like 30-45 seconds straight, unable to move, and I was sure I would be dead. But instead of dying, the named enemy just...left? Or something? And then I recovered

Super weird.

Oct 27, 2017

I faced off against a named enemy. He was extremely agile and moving around lots. He shot me with electric ammo which stunned me.

But...I was stunned for like 30-45 seconds straight, unable to move, and I was sure I would be dead. But instead of dying, the named enemy just...left? Or something? And then I recovered

Super weird.
Intentional, that's all I'll say.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Super weird.
This happened to me too, here.

Video is obviously a spoiler if you have not done the blue question mark yet.

What I assumed is
this is the first Hunter, enemies you will find that mimic Division agents in skills and abilities (I think they may be rogue agents in lore), and that this encounter gives you a taste of these enemies, but instead of finishing the fight the enemy stuns you and runs...

But as you can see in my vid it looked like a glitch fucked it up. If this is by design it doesn't feel very fun to go through.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm level 24 and have been diligently dismantling all the items I've picked up and maxed out my material inventory space. Now I'm basically dismantling items and not getting anything for them because my space is full. Nothing really seems that good to craft since I'm getting stuff naturally while leveling. Any recommendations on how to spend these materials? Should I just start selling the extra armor and guns to a vendor for cash money?

If you're capped on mats, sell your loot since you'll be replacing it very often till you get to WT4.

Upgrade your crafting station as you unlock higher tiers, and craft the weapon mods you have unlocked already.

Some projects require donations of certain gear, so keep a lookout for them - you can donate items directly from the map menu.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Are Division raids like Destiny in that they have mechanics unique to them? Obviously you won't have platforming and stuff but are they structured differently than normal missions?

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018

Super weird.
Had the same thing, after 45 secs .. Mission Complete.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Hnbgg0rvvt
My favourite current solo build:

Safeguard Killing a target grants a 150% bonus to rearing and healing effects for 20s
Patience After being in cover for 3s, armour repairs by 5%

And on my AR I have Rooted - While equipped and in cover, all skill dmg and healing is increased by 25% for 10s.

Which I assume is a fairly standard base for armour regen builds.

Then Berserk +10% weapon dmg for every 10% of max armour depleted. In conjunction with the above, this means I can pop out of cover, take heavy fire, increase my dmg up to 100% to tear down a target, then get back in cover for insane armour regen.

I'm running Survivalist for the AR dmg buff, and I have Chatterbox in my secondary for the holstered talent Blabbermouth - while holstered, reloading your weapon within 5s of a kill grants 20% rate of fire for 10s.

I also have Spike - Headshot Kills grant +25% skill damage for 10s, so if I time this with Rooted I get +50% for my Oxi.

The build has 70% headshot damge, which I tried to get as high as possible for Spike.

So, using the AR almost exclusively, stacking the buffs and killing stuff to trigger regen.

Skill wise I'm carrying Oxidizer which gets the 25% buff from Rooted. I'm also running 2k Skill power which allows me to slot two Chem Launcher mods for + ammo giving me a total of +5 ammo for my Oxi. The problem with +ammo in Chem Launcher is that after firing a round, you stay out of cover for a second or two while you reload the launcher. If you have no +ammo, it goes on cooldown and won't reload allowing you to duck back in cover immediately. The Armour regen aspect of the build counters this exposure.

It's not optimized yet, in my other talent slots I have Hard Hitting - +15% dmg to elites x2, Destructive +20% explosive dmg (which buffs my signature weapon), and Self Adjusting +20% armour regen.

-

So, get in cover, score headshot kills (taking fire increases dps and reloading between for the extra ROF for heavier targets), buff Oxi, fire Oxi, cover to regen, repeat.

This is the first build I'm going all out to try to opimitze at WT4, I have to say this is one of the most addictive loot shooters in terms of build variety and possibilities.

You don't play on challenging do you? Berserk is pretty much useles on challenging. It's a nice build for normal, maybe hard but it will fall apart on challenging.