• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
Took this from Reddit and it's very short new footage:

NDA is lifting soon so we'll get more info but anything I can get my eyes on right now makes me happy.

Last edited:

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
My friend and I have been going through the first one. Such a cool game! Really pulls off that next-gen vibe better than other titles released within this generation.

I'll probably pick up the sequel.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Damn only 2 posts after 6 hours. Also i cant see the footage atm?

Tbh I'm expecting the Division 2 to be the Division basically. Why do I need to look at footage of a game I've already played and familiar with?

I'm waiting for the reviews and Reddit division 2 posts on the game once it releases for impressions.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I'm expecting the Division 2 to be the Division basically. Why do I need to look at footage of a game I've already played and familiar with?

I'm waiting for the reviews and Reddit division 2 posts on the game once it releases for impressions.
I mean you wanna see the new setting and improvements to the game.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i miss the snow :( somehow the world looks worse than the first one
Snowy New York was such a a cool backdrop for the game. It didn't really hurt that the game was beautiful and pretty fun to play. I newer touched any of the DLC, but I really enjoyed my time with the game otherwise.

That being said, I have pretty much zero interest for the sequel and I must confess that the change of scenery has a lot to do with my lack of interest. Silly but true.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Snowy New York was such a a cool backdrop for the game. It didn't really hurt that the game was beautiful and pretty fun to play. I newer touched any of the DLC, but I really enjoyed my time with the game otherwise.

That being said, I have pretty much zero interest for the sequel and I must confess that the change of scenery has a lot to do with my lack of interest. Silly but true.

I'm with you on that, the new setting doesn't interest me nearly as much.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Yeah I have to echo other thoughts, the snow is something that I really liked about the first one. It made it fun to play inside on a cold day/evening. I'll probably still get this but it looks like a completely different game because of that. haha.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Yeah, its the new game in a woody cityscape. I inferred that from the E3 trailer. As for graphic improvements, the first was awesome, so awesome i ran it at 30 fps. Im not expecting much different, and a 40 second video wont inform me on that front either.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I have to echo other thoughts, the snow is something that I really liked about the first one. It made it fun to play inside on a cold day/evening. I'll probably still get this but it looks like a completely different game because of that. haha.

Makes me wish they would have Seasons or something, since Survival was build on being stuck in a snowstorm, having to warm yourself on barrel fires and scaveging for food. The snow and christmas decorations were cool, it was kinda like the Die Hard of video games.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
don´t want to sound dismissive but this looks like a massive add on for TD1 and not like a new game. but i fell off TD1 very quick, played it for maybe 3 weeks and never returned till last year, yeah they were changes but the gameplay was the same, i do not like it very much.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I just wish they'd have doubled down on the Survival mode and expanded that out a whole bunch for this. From what I can tell it sounds like The Division 2 is going to be launching with no sign of Survival whatsoever - a DLC that offered arguably the best gameplay The Division has provided. Instead it's kinda just more of the same which is both a good/bad thing.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's not silly at all, the winter theme was incredibly well done in the first game, so atmospheric in a way that made it so much fun to just walk around and explore.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
if you like the first game you'll like this one, unless you love car doors...

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
I'm getting this as soon as it drops. Day one, one might say.

Same here.

Loved the first game and it seems that they kind of figured out over the months/years after the first game launched what players are looking for.

Looking forward to exploring the new setting. Can't wait to see it on my One X.

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
It's surprising how little we've seen about the game since the rather good but unsurprising E3 2018 showing. Given how successful the first game was I was expecting Ubisoft to go all out on this. As many are saying it looks a lot like the first one, but with a much less charismatic/emblematic setting.
Maybe Ubisoft is going with a different marketing strategy than the first game (or destiny 2) in that they limit the pre-release information to positively surprise player with content at release? Or more probably they are waiting until very close to release to push the info out.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It's surprising how little we've seen about the game since the rather good but unsurprising E3 2018 showing. Given how successful the first game was I was expecting Ubisoft to go all out on this. As everyone is saying it looks a lot like the first one, but with a much less charismatic/emblematic setting.
Maybe Ubisoft is going with a different marketing strategy than the first game (or destiny 2) in that they limit the pre-release information to positively surprise player with content at release? Or more probably they are waiting until very close to release to push the info out.
This vid leaked so i guess a NDA is dropped soon. There was a event not long ago for previews.

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
I played and enjoyed the first game, and this is the first time I found out that this game isn't set during winter. I now don't care about this game at all. The game's identity was tied more closely to snowy new york streets than generic third person mil-shooter that this looks like to me.

OP
OP
Chuck the Bean
Oct 30, 2017
Damn only 2 posts after 6 hours. Also i cant see the footage atm?
I've updated the OP. Thanks for finding the vid while I was asleep! ;)

For those who are saying that the summer setting will be less interesting, I hear you and, at first, I kind of agreed with that but the more I think about it (and I played almost 500h of Div 1) I think it will be a nice change and the game will feel more fresh. Going with another winter setting might make both games too much the same? Also, we don't have any information about a Survival mode in Div 2 but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be there. It's a successfull mode in the game and can still find games pretty quickly today. I could see the cold being replaced by an intense heat where you still have to find indoor spaces to cool of a bit. They mentionned that it is the hottest summer ever in Washington after all...

Anyway, looks like there are more negative comments and this is the opposite of what I wanted when sharing these images. I'm sure that when the NDA will lift on the 17th, we will see so much of the game that it'll grab people's attention back in a very positive way. I'm confident in Massive that they were able to build of the first game and it will be improved on many fronts.

Last edited:

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I'd expect Ubisoft to go all out on the info dumping (highlighting improvements are a must). The footage so far has been solid, but it's a bit disappointing to see only the True Sons faction shown off so far.

I'm hoping Hunters, or at least an equivalent enemy type, feature in some way. Despite the cheesiness of their one-hit melee attacks (like NPCs on Legendary), the Hunter combat AI is a blast to fight against.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played and enjoyed the first game, and this is the first time I found out that this game isn't set during winter. I now don't care about this game at all. The game's identity was tied more closely to snowy new york streets than generic third person mil-shooter that this looks like to me.

Yeah I'm feeling quite the same.

OP
OP
Chuck the Bean
Oct 30, 2017
I'd expect Ubisoft to go all out on the info dumping (highlighting improvements are a must). The footage so far has been solid, but it's a bit disappointing too see only the True Sons faction shown off so far.

I'm hoping Hunters, or at least an equivalent enemy type, feature in some way. Despite the cheesiness of their one-hit melee attacks (like NPCs on Legendary), the Hunter combat AI is a blast to fight against.

Yeah, Enemy AI in the first was pretty good (espacially the Hunters!) and apparently they've improved on that in Div 2.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
It won't be as atmospheric as the snowy Manhattan, but two games set during winter would make the game look too similar to D1. Also, I like that we will be getting free DLC episodes, good decision by Ubi.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo all of the comments on the scenery/setting. Such a stark change from the original game, and not in a bad way. Everything looks so bland and drab, whereas the first game was still "post-apocalyptic" but had such a strong art direction and atmosphere.

It really kills my desire to give it a shot, honestly.

OP
OP
Chuck the Bean
Oct 30, 2017
It won't be as atmospheric as the snowy Manhattan, but two games set during winter would make the game look too similar to D1. Also, I like that we will be getting free DLC episodes, good decision by Ubi.

This is what I think too. Also, I think that the Summer setting opens up more possibilities for varied environnements. Just think back to the opening of the E3 level they showed where you start in a lucious jungle-like environnement.

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
I like Washington much more than Manhatten. In the snowy Manhatten everything and every Street looked the same for me.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Reminds me of Wildlands. Also the UI looks a copy and paste of Division 1. Which isn't a bad thing since I liked the whole next-gen UI.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
This is basically a familiar fallback for me if Anthem turns out to be balls. That doesn't seem likely at this point and there really just isn't anything to be excited about for this game on its own. They just kinda announced it and showed the uninteresting setting and that's it.

OP
OP
Chuck the Bean
Oct 30, 2017
Doesn't really seem thread worthy. Small snippets of really blurry footage of a game that seems basically like the first game, comes out in 2 months, and doesn't have much of an audience on this forum.
The original Video looked better but was taken down unfortunately... and I'm not sure about Era not having a big audience about the game... we'll see in the next few days I guess!