• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Not my kind of content, waiting for co-op trailer.

But man, it seems like they're more focusing on PvP in the sequel.
I think you're thinking this because they have only released the PVP trailers...

I hope they learned their lesson and start off by making Dark Zone optional instead of waiting for 3 DLCs to fix the for PVE end game.

I get that people like it, but I hate it and just want to farm in peace.

Dark Zone has always been optional, and isn't the only place to get the best gear.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Zone has always been optional, and isn't the only place to get the best gear.
It was the only place to farm consistently in the base game and have any kind of actual game experience, unless the idea of running Lexington 1000 times is supposed to be "fun".
The fact that they did the "raid" bullshit and put weekly lockouts on the events meant that farming those weren't really viable either.

I saw that the underground and other DLC added other options, and that they added in enemies in the normal map as well with things like bounties and world levels, but for a long time the only place to get gear + not play the same shit over and over again was the dark zone, because it was the only "end game" they had envisioned.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I think you're thinking this because they have only released the PVP trailers...
True. I shouldn't have added that 2nd line. Looking forward to the PvE trailers.

It was the only place to farm consistently in the base game and have any kind of actual game experience, unless the idea of running Lexington 1000 times is supposed to be "fun".
The fact that they did the "raid" bullshit and put weekly lockouts on the events meant that farming those weren't really viable either.

I saw that the underground and other DLC added other options, and that they added in enemies in the normal map as well with things like bounties and world levels, but for a long time the only place to get gear + not play the same shit over and over again was the dark zone, because it was the only "end game" they had envisioned.
They revamped the loot system later so that you can farm to progress everywhere, including the open world free roam. I believe this will be the case for vanilla Division 2 as well.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'll have to wait and see but I feel like they're making the same mistake Bungie did. They should have just kept adding onto the base game expanding outwards of Manhattan. I'll miss that location for sure.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
True. I shouldn't have added that 2nd line. Looking forward to the PvE trailers.

They revamped the loot system later so that you can farm to progress everywhere, including the open world free roam. I believe this will be the case for vanilla Division 2 as well.
Yeah, I just hope they don't regress to base Division 1... which seems to be a thing with developers and sequels lately.

I'm glad for DZ players who get the improvements they want, I just want a good PvE game and never want to deal with aggro people hunting "bambis".

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I'll have to wait and see but I feel like they're making the same mistake Bungie did. They should have just kept adding onto the base game expanding outwards of Manhattan. I'll miss that location for sure.

Being a fan of the first (1000+ hrs) I would've loved an expansion but it just wasn't feasible with how many people moved on from the game and its player base remaining. 1.8 was it's sing song with a map expansion, horde mode etc and while it helped it certainly didn't have the numbers of a new release.

Massive also said with how the game was built, starting a fresh would give them the opportunity to fix the day one bugs that still persisted in the first (we'll wait and see about that lol).

Deleted member 20941

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks great! The only thing I really want them to improve is the audio. I really dislike these light sounds (the same goes for BO4 and a lot of other games). Let me feel some bass and heavy audio.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
trailer kinda triggered me on those super stressful extraction runs. i feel like a masochist being up for that again but i always liked the concept, promised myself i'd see what they'd have on offer per DZ on the sequel

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
trailer kinda triggered me on those super stressful extraction runs. i feel like a masochist being up for that again but i always liked the concept, promised myself i'd see what they'd have on offer per DZ on the sequel
I hate extracting loot that I REALLY want... It terrifies me a little.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Where's the SkillUp preview? Did Ubi not invite him to the press event in Sweden?

Last edited:

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I listened to Game Informer yesterday and the stuff they were talking about regarding the Dark Zone changes sounded awesome. I think between this and Anthem I'm going to be getting both.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I hate extracting loot that I REALLY want... It terrifies me a little.

I reinstalled the firt game this morning and I went into the Dark Zone. I cleared a landmark and the boss droped a unique orange item. I went to extract it and two agants went rogue on me just as the helicopter was leaving and stole all my stuff. :(:(:(:(

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I reinstalled the firt game this morning and I went into the Dark Zone. I cleared a landmark and the boss droped a unique orange item. I went to extract it and two agants went rogue on me just as the helicopter was leaving and stole all my stuff. :(:(:(:(
tenor.gif

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but not really, for the double post..

Here are some map overlays done by BattlePHILd

DxJPMwPX0AYTKxW.jpg

DxJPM9hXQAIwbRY.jpg

Considering the map is a 1:1 to DC, the game is going to be HUGE.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Where's the SkillUp preview? Did Ubi not invite him to the press event in Sweden?
He did get invited, couldn't make it due to other commitments.

Didn't expect quite this length of a campaign, I'm guessing it'll include all the echos and voice logs etc but even so, 40 hrs?! :

According to the game's developers at Massive Entertainment and Red Storm Entertainment, The Division 2 will feature a 40ish hour story mode that can be played solo or cooperatively, and they've said that it was designed with endgame in mind first.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/01/17/5-biggest-changes-dark-zone-division-2/

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
We had media blowout about PvP and DZ, and now they are doing "Special report"... again about the same thing? Eh.

Oct 27, 2017
That Skillup video from E3 made it seem like some kind of Survival mode would be included at launch given how the developers were talking about it so unless they have said otherwise I wouldn't give up yet on it being there from the start. That said, this is a new game so no one should expect 3 years worth of content in at launch.

I have concerns about the tone (not the summerish/DC setting) of the game but this continues to be my most anticipated full title of 2019.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I am here for the PvP mode. That shit actually looks decent with new maps designed around that mode.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Not until its half price. Burned out on Division pretty fast

Yeah I will only pick this up cheap. It's coming way to soon to the first game and not offering enough to justify a sequel for me to pay anything close to launch price. And that's only if there is a decent character creator this time.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, this doesn't look so bad, maybe I shouldn't have cancelled that $10 off preorder....
Where did you get $10 off?

Yeah I will only pick this up cheap. It's coming way to soon to the first game and not offering enough to justify a sequel for me to pay anything close to launch price. And that's only if there is a decent character creator this time.
You must not pick up a lot of sequels...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I absolute hate what they did with the dark zone and the direction of it. In my eyes, the DZ 2.0 update in Division 1 completely killed it and changed it for the worse.
Going into the DZ these days in 1 will show you that it doesn't matter if you have 2am, 2pm, June, October or January. You pick any time and date you want, go in and you will always find DZ level 99 maniacs on Manhunt killing absolute everyone for no single reason or logic. It's annoying as fuck and the DZ trailer for 2 looks like the continuation of this upped by 10. Rogue here, Rogue there, just PVP and kill and attack everyone at any time.

What happened to the coop aspect in it? The original idea of everyone working together for the best loot, with going Rogue just as a risky exceptional option for people who really wants to step someone in the back for a special loot drop (specially teammates which wasn't possible with 2.0 anymore) and when someone really dares to go rogue in DZ, being the target for everyone and everyone else silently working together as a huge team to kill the one who broke the great teamplay and disturbed the piece of the area.
The start of DZ was such an amazing feeling and concept, now it looks like a place without rules where everyone just attacks everyone at any given time because there is no system that encourages you to not go Rogue, the opposite is the case now, the whole trailer is all about going Rogue. Such a shame and such a weak movement into the wrong direction. :/

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I absolute hate what they did with the dark zone and the direction of it. In my eyes, the DZ 2.0 update in Division 1 completely killed it and changed it for the worse.
Going into the DZ these days in 1 will show you that it doesn't matter if you have 2am, 2pm, June, October or January. You pick any time and date you want, go in and you will always find DZ level 99 maniacs on Manhunt killing absolute everyone for no single reason or logic. It's annoying as fuck and the DZ trailer for 2 looks like the continuation of this upped by 10. Rogue here, Rogue there, just PVP and kill and attack everyone at any time.

What happened to the coop aspect in it? The original idea of everyone working together for the best loot, with going Rogue just as a risky exceptional option for people who really wants to step someone in the back for a special loot drop (specially teammates which wasn't possible with 2.0 anymore) and when someone really dares to go rogue in DZ, being the target for everyone and everyone else silently working together as a huge team to kill the one who broke the great teamplay and disturbed the piece of the area.
The start of DZ was such an amazing feeling and concept, now it looks like a place without rules where everyone just attacks everyone at any given time because there is no system that encourages you to not go Rogue, the opposite is the case now, the whole trailer is all about going Rogue. Such a shame and such a weak movement into the wrong direction. :/
You will never get people to co-op in a mode where they can also PvP if you do not make the decision to go PvP have HUGE consequences and you can't do that since it's a videogame.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This is probably the most interesting stuff I have seen so far of the game.

Is it just me or does the framerate see super spotty in a lot of the videos from this event?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I personally think the way they are doing the 3 DZs and how they always have 2 normalized and 1 non normalized and they rotate is pretty genius at keeping the "crazy hardcore pvp min maxers" and the "i just sometimes want to shoot people and have a chance" crowds kinda naturally away from each other. Sure, there will be overlap, but this way should always give the latter crowd the possibility of moving away from where the other currently operates

One of the biggest criticisms the Div1 DZ got was "there is no place for non pvp hardcore min maxers in here" and this seems to be their way of alleviating the problem

I love it,honestly.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm predominately PVE, so I'm much more interested in information on LZ dynamic events and raids. But, here's what we've recently learnt from articles and gameplay footage, subject to tweaks and stuff we already know like Signature Weapons or holstered Talents.

New stuff in general:
  • Armour plates (white bars over health, short animation for recovery): standard type can be replaced at the endgame by one of three Specialization-exclusive types.
  • Separate PVE and PVP balancing
  • Staggering inflicted by sniper rifles and shotguns don't apply to PVP combat, but may apply to PVE combat (part of broader shift to encourage use of cover).

PVPVE – The Dark Zone:
  • 3 separate Dark Zones with a limit of 12 players each – similar density to that of Division 1 according to those who've played.
  • Checkpoints are mounted with indestructible turrets that auto target NPCs and Rogues.
  • Climbing in DZ levels grants access to more perks like extra contaminated space, more rewards when going rogue, and extra loot opportunities – new interface for separate DZ perks.
  • Loot you extract will only be rolled after it is extracted, and players will be able to obtain loot that does not require extraction while in the DZ.
  • Matchmaking system will attempt to put you in DZs populated by solo players if you matchmake for it, but you will still be able to group up once inside the DZ.
  • Occupied Dark Zone appears at the endgame: rotates between the three Zones – limited notifications, no Rogue status (all players are considered rogue), no checkpoint turrets, no stat normalization, and friendly fire enabled. Greater rewards granted during these events.
  • Rogues and non-Rogues will no longer be able to hear each other over VOIP
  • Three tiers of Rogue status: Rogue (theft actions) / Disavowed Rogue (killing of agents) / Manhunt Rogue (clear status/claim rewards or raise notoriety at three random terminals active in the DZ - precise terminal locations are only revealed to the Manhunt player).
  • You will be able to break in to locked chests or steal all the contents of a DZ drop and earn more loot than you usually would. This will mark you as a rogue but also start up a chain of events that will culminate in you gaining access to the "Thieves Den", in this area you will be able to purchase rare gear and clear your rogue status.

Dedicated PVP – Conflict:
At launch, it's two modes set on three maps based on locations outside the LZ/DZ area.
  • Domination is a strategic point capture mode
  • Skirmish will remain mostly unchanged from its Division 1 format
  • Features unique stat-tracking and rewards

Clans
  • Feature is managed entirely in-game.
  • Have a physical location that can be leveled up.
  • Certain aspects can be customized: will have progression, rewards and a stash, but not have a large advantage over solo players. What and see for this.
  • Up to 50 accounts per clan.
  • Not available cross platform.
  • Can have a clan member of the month.

Also:
Matchmaking in the Dark Zones occurs in two separate brackets. On the one side, players are matched in level buckets (1-10, 11-20, and 21-30) and normalized to the same power level. On the other side, all players who have reached World Tier are matched together and normalized to the same World Tier. For players above the normalized power level, bonus statistics are applied to reward you for your time.

One more thing: about damn time they add hit markers for scoped shots.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Phew, heard "DZ South" and thought for a second that they were going to treat all of Anacostia as a dark zone. Relieved they didn't go in that direction.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
That looked great. The game will do great. Although, ERA will continue to pretend they can predict trends.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, but not really, for the double post..

Here are some map overlays done by BattlePHILd

DxJPMwPX0AYTKxW.jpg

DxJPM9hXQAIwbRY.jpg

Considering the map is a 1:1 to DC, the game is going to be HUGE.

Yes, I'll gladly pick this up when it goes on sale. I'll probably be too busy with Anthem, 3 kingdoms Total War and DMC5.

Only picking it up to check out washington and its 1:1 scale. Hope the story is decent this time too. First division was pretty bad in that regard.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

you know Division 2's DZ will have direct level scaling, right? that alone makes going rogue a much riskier proposition... in theory at least, who knows how it'll actually play out

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm predominately PVE, so I'm much more interested in information on LZ dynamic events and raids. But, here's what we've recently learnt from articles and gameplay footage, subject to tweaks and stuff we already know like Signature Weapons or holstered Talents.

New stuff in general:
  • Armour plates (white bars over health, short animation for recovery): standard type can be replaced at the endgame by one of three Specialization-exclusive types.
  • Separate PVE and PVP balancing
  • Staggering inflicted by sniper rifles and shotguns don't apply to PVP combat, but may apply to PVE combat (part of broader shift to encourage use of cover).

PVPVE – The Dark Zone:
  • 3 separate Dark Zones with a limit of 12 players each – similar density to that of Division 1 according to those who've played.
  • Checkpoints are mounted with indestructible turrets that auto target NPCs and Rogues.
  • Climbing in DZ levels grants access to more perks like extra contaminated space, more rewards when going rogue, and extra loot opportunities – new interface for separate DZ perks.
  • Loot you extract will only be rolled after it is extracted, and players will be able to obtain loot that does not require extraction while in the DZ.
  • Matchmaking system will attempt to put you in DZs populated by solo players if you matchmake for it, but you will still be able to group up once inside the DZ.
  • Occupied Dark Zone appears at the endgame: rotates between the three Zones – limited notifications, no Rogue status (all players are considered rogue), no checkpoint turrets, no stat normalization, and friendly fire enabled. Greater rewards granted during these events.
  • Rogues and non-Rogues will no longer be able to hear each other over VOIP
  • Three tiers of Rogue status: Rogue (theft actions) / Disavowed Rogue (killing of agents) / Manhunt Rogue (clear status/claim rewards or raise notoriety at three random terminals active in the DZ - precise terminal locations are only revealed to the Manhunt player).
  • You will be able to break in to locked chests or steal all the contents of a DZ drop and earn more loot than you usually would. This will mark you as a rogue but also start up a chain of events that will culminate in you gaining access to the "Thieves Den", in this area you will be able to purchase rare gear and clear your rogue status.

Dedicated PVP – Conflict:
At launch, it's two modes set on three maps based on locations outside the LZ/DZ area.
  • Domination is a strategic point capture mode
  • Skirmish will remain mostly unchanged from its Division 1 format
  • Features unique stat-tracking and rewards

Clans
  • Feature is managed entirely in-game.
  • Have a physical location that can be leveled up.
  • Certain aspects can be customized: will have progression, rewards and a stash, but not have a large advantage over solo players. What and see for this.
  • Up to 50 accounts per clan.
  • Not available cross platform.
  • Can have a clan member of the month.

Also:
Matchmaking in the Dark Zones occurs in two separate brackets. On the one side, players are matched in level buckets (1-10, 11-20, and 21-30) and normalized to the same power level. On the other side, all players who have reached World Tier are matched together and normalized to the same World Tier. For players above the normalized power level, bonus statistics are applied to reward you for your time.

One more thing: about damn time they add hit markers for scoped shots.

Wow this all sounds super interesting. I loved the first one so I might actually pick this up.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
you know Division 2's DZ will have direct level scaling, right? that alone makes going rogue a much riskier proposition... in theory at least, who knows how it'll actually play out

As if anyone gives a fuck. They still will attack you whenever they see you. Because people are assholes, they don't even need a reward or any reason for doing it.
And because the map is way smaller, almost tiny and only 12 people are in it instead of 24, you can't even run away to another place or hope they will be busy with something or someone else.
It will be Sea of Thieves all over again. They kill you, respawn 200 meter away, they kill you, respawn, you kill them, they respawn and immediately attack you again and so on until you leave the DZ and have enough of it for the next 20 hours. This is exactly what will happen cause that's how people are when you don't give them restrictions or rules or any encourage to not attack all over again. This behavior happened a thousand times in gaming before and will continue here. Even worse because of the smaller area, the smaller player count and the huge social media focus on Rogue with no single word that you could also just play side by side peacefully without any disadvantage.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
As if anyone gives a fuck. They still will attack you whenever they see you.
And because the map is way smaller, almost tiny and only 12 people are in it anymore. You can't even run away to another place or hope they will be busy with something or someone else.
It will be Sea of Thieves all over again. They kill you, respawn 200 meter away, they kill you, respawn, you kill them, they respawn and immediately attack you again and so on until you leave the DZ and have enough of it for the next 20 hours. This is exactly what will happen cause that's how people are when you don't give them restrictions or rules or any encourage to not attack all over again. This behavior happened a thousand times in gaming before and will continue here. Even worse because of the smaller area, the smaller player count and the huge social media focus on Rogue with no single word that you could also just play side by side peacefully without any disadvantage.
What if I kill them over and over?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What if I kill them over and over?

You're maybe lucky that they leave after 10 tries and you have 5-10 free minutes until the next assholes arrives.

But, they probably won't leave anyway and continue to try it for the next few hours just like, another example, it always happens in RDR2 Online. It doesn't makes any sense to continually kill someone all over again, it's just a waste of time, but people do it anyways and annoy you to death while you just want to search for a treasure or shit. It's atrocious.

But since there is no feature for not getting attacked and no rules or anything, people are gonna be assholes just like everywhere else where they have no boundaries.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You're maybe lucky that they leave after 10 tries and you have 5-10 free minutes until the next assholes arrives.

But, they probably won't leave anyway and continue to try it for the next few hours.
So i keep getting XP from them? That sounds pretty good to me.
Get XP, level up my DZ level, shoot some dudes in the face etc....