• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
(I didn''t see a specific thread for this when I went searching, so feel free to lock if there already is. Thought this was of interest to people not following the beta thread)

The Division just did a livestream specifically about their endgame. A lot more info in it than could be gleamed from the endgame trailer from last week and the infographic that's been circulating about the year one roadmap. Given how looter shooters have been struggling with this at launch, it seemed relevant to make a specific topic about this, because it looks as though this game is launching with a very, very impressive endgame.

You can view the stream here. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/391253104
You can see the previously released trailer here: https://youtu.be/hLWQ7_aUPrk

ENDGAME STREAM SUMMARY
- Upon hitting level 30 and defeating a specific stronghold, the endgame opens up with a new enemy, and the map being invaded
- You progress through 5 world tiers, each with more and more difficult enemies and better loot (like the first game)
- This is where you unlock a specialization (you can progress each of them, you aren't locked to just one)
- The world map is a "living world," with enemy factions jockeying for resources, interacting with you and each other for them
- It seems that most, if not all, activities can be played on increasingly difficult settings (hard>challenging>heroic)
- The endgame loop involves:
  • Defeating the story missions that have been invaded by a new faction (enemy configurations and spawns change in the sequel to limit repetition) - these missions are available in hard, challenging and heroic difficulties, with loot drops scaling accordingly (unsure if you can play every mission on challenging/heroic, unlike the first game)
  • Defeating specific missions and strongholds to up your world tier (1-5)
  • Defeating a final stronghold (coming shortly after launch) for the new enemy faction
  • Defeating 52 named bosses (upon defeating all 52, they become available again to redo)
  • Taking on control points occupied by enemies. If you complete the hostile activities around them first, you can level them up, increasing their difficulty and subsequent loot supply. Seems like a good, varied endgame loop for gear.
  • Taking on daily missions, weekly assignments, daily and weekly projects for your settlements, daily bounties and weekly bounties (boutnies are generated based on a ruleset, so it's not random, but it's unlikely you'll find the same exact enemy configuration, location, faction, boss, etc.)
  • You find a snitch who spawns a gunrunner - a vendor that has named weapons/serious gear (spawns every day and a half)
  • This stream rundown didn't talk about the raids, didn't talk about Dark Zone (where historically you can get a lot of high level loot quickly), and didn't talk about PVP modes (a couple already announced) or potential DLC like Underground/Survival (survival was a sort of battle royale mode that came out before PUBG, with mechanics related to keeping warm/hydrated and funneling to the DZ to extract yourself and a antidote out of the DZ). It also didn't talk about global events from the first game (system modifiers that changed how you played the game for a week - rewarding headshots, long distance fights, etc.). Basically, expect even more from the game.
DETAILED ENDGAME STREAM BREAKDOWN

AT LEVEL 30
- Throughout the game, there's a mechanic whereby defeating faction missions unlocks strongholds to take on. Strongholds are significant plot missions/faction areas that are tougher than the previous missions.
- When you complete the main story missions and hit level 30, a new stronghold unlocks. It's a significant plot mission, a big fight, like all strongholds before, but...the toughest one yet. It's the "you beat the game" moment.

UPON BEATING "FINAL" STRONGHOLD

Black Tusk & Other Enemy Factions
- Upon beating it, the main map gets invaded by a new faction. This faction (Black Tusk) takes over previous missions that are tied to newly invaded strongholds. Your control points (previously controlled by you) are now controlled by the enemy factions that have been chased out by the Black Tusk. The Black Tusk also open up a host of new world activities. Basically, the map that was largely getting under control is now full of new activities and you don't control it, outside of the White House.
- The map is governed by a living world mechanic. Each faction has wants (ammo, food, water, components, etc.), and if they don't have them, they will engage in activities to get them. If they do have them, they will engage in activities related to their motivations (hostage takings, propaganda, etc.).
- These factions are interacting with each other too - so if one is repressed, they may be less aggressive than one that's in control.

World Tiers & Specializations
- As you hit end game (level 30 + beat stronghold mission above), World Tier 1 unlocks - this unlocks your specialization choice (example: Sniper, Crossbow, Grenade Launcher, etc.).
- It also is where gear score starts to be a thing that matters (you are a little below the enemies as level 30 and have to level up your gear - not just getting level 30 guns/armor, but optimized versions of these, similar to the first game).
- At world tier 1, you get daily missions that unlock (replay a specific mission for good rewards). It's worth noting that replaying missions doesn't mean enemies spawn in the exact same configurations and locations. So there should be less repetition than the Division - where missions like Lexington became a joke in how you could massacre the enemies knowing their spawns.
- At world tier 1, you get daily/weekly projects that unlock (things your settlements require). This is a huge library of quests that cycle through randomly (so everyone is working on different ones in their own game - think Hearthstone/Magic Arena dailies that cycle through).
- At World tier 1, you have 6 missions that unlock 3 strongholds to take on. These require a gear score of 275 to take on at first.
- Upon completing one, you'll have 60 seconds to get your loot, and then be bumped up to world tier 2. Now the world map/missions/activities are harder and the missions/strongholds have a higher gear score requirement to take on. The enemies get tougher (better gear).
- This pattern persists until World Tier 4.

World Tier 4
- Upon unlocking world tier 4, you get bounties (see below)
- Challenging difficulty is unlocked
- Priority missions are unlocked
- Control points are now upgraded/reinforced - as you complete a hostile activity around a control point, the control point goes on higher alert. This continues as you complete activities, making the control point move from hard > challenging > heroic. The supply room in the control point gets upgraded so that loot gets better and better. This seems like it will be a pretty fun endgame loop and a main way to tackle getting good loot in the endgame.

World Tier 5
- There's a mission that will come shortly after launch that, upon completing it, will unlock world tier 5.
- Similar to world tier 4 (all of those activities still available), but with tougher enemies, better gear, better drops.
- Sounds like more coming too. They didn't want to spoil it all.

OTHER INFO REVEALED

Gunrunner
- Cassie Mendoza is the gunrunner (keeps stock for a week, stock consists of at least one named weapon and serious equipment)
- She shows up at World Tier 1
- She doesn't spawn until you find the snitch, who spawns her
- She can be spawned every day and a half (so that time zones are accounted for)
- Her guns scale to the world tier you are in

Snitch
- The snitch has a deck of cards related to named bosses in the open world
- Each suit represents a faction, the royals of each faction are harder/more outlandish
- There are 52 named bosses in the open world, for reference, The Division had 15 named bosses
- Once you've killed them, you can't encounter them again until you've completed all 52
- They each have great loot on them
- If you complete collections, you get commendations and drops

Bounties
- World Tier 4 brings in a new bounty system - priority target network.
- This involves an interconnected set of 7 bounties inside of different zones of the map. You get hard ones that unlock another one (and so on). Bounties move from "hard" to "challenging" to "heroic."
- There are daily (up to 4) and weekly bounties.
- The loot is always strong, but rarer for weekly bounties.
- The bounties are generated using a set of rules, so infinitely varied. Not random, have a logic, but you shouldn't ever see two exactly the same.

Anywho, that's a summary of what they talked about. Hope this is helpful to some of you looking into jumping into a looter shooter but unsure if one has the endgame pull you're looking for. It's rumoured to be about 40 hours of gampeplay before even getting to the endgame, so it seems like it's launching very content-rich.

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
World Tier 5
- There's a mission that will come shortly after launch that, upon completing it, will unlock world tier 5.
- Similar to world tier 4 (all of those activities still available), but with tougher enemies, better gear, better drops.

Though that isn't all what's in store for WT5 by the sound of it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wish we would have a bit more gameplay variety right of the bat. Loved all the different modes in the end in Division 2. Survival and Underground were such a great change to how the rest plays.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Saving a LMB-like faction to the end to shake things up is probably really smart.

Played the beta and both helped civilians look for supplies and even found enemy factions going out to scavenge, so the world feeling alive even from a small vertical slice is really good to know for the sequel. That's the biggest improvement imo.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow, all of this sounds super impressive. I wonder if this will be the loiter shooter launch to compare all future ones to.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
What an insane amount of content from the get-go. This isn't even including Dark Zone and raids.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty crazy. The gunruuner/snitch/bounty stuff sound awesome; 52 named enemies is neat. Doesn't even include all the dark zone/raids/PvP stuff. Now just add Survival in the first month or 2 and I'll be very happy.

Only like 16 replies for this though, sucks to see.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty crazy. The gunruuner/snitch/bounty stuff sound awesome; 52 named enemies is neat. Doesn't even include all the dark zone/raids/PvP stuff. Now just add Survival in the first month or 2 and I'll be very happy.

Only like 16 replies for this though, sucks to see.
Don't expect to see much hype for a Ubisoft game on ERA.

There is lots of hype elsewhere for the game though and TD2 has good pre-order numbers.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Thank you for organized & informative OP!!

I hardly read anything, will beat SP & then come back here... going in dark!

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
It sounds interesting on paper but I'm curious how quickly people can progress through the world tiers. Can world tier 5 be reached in a few days or a few weeks?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It sounds interesting on paper but I'm curious how quickly people can progress through the world tiers. Can world tier 5 be reached in a few days or a few weeks?
As with all these games, the streamers/hardcore will reach it in 1-2 days, while normal players will take 2 weeks or so I reckon.

Honestly, all this endgame isn't about "the journey" although it does help. If you actually look at what they are doing, they are making it so that ALL CONTENT is viable when you are maxed out to do "god roll farming". THAT'S what the actual, true, endgame is. That's where you need to keep the hardcore playing.
And I think Div2 is on a good way to that.
I mean, outside of the obvious exploits/glitches/loot cheeses that will be very quickly found

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
As with all these games, the streamers/hardcore will reach it in 1-2 days, while normal players will take 2 weeks or so I reckon.

Honestly, all this endgame isn't about "the journey" although it does help. If you actually look at what they are doing, they are making it so that ALL CONTENT is viable when you are maxed out to do "god roll farming". THAT'S what the actual, true, endgame is. That's where you need to keep the hardcore playing.
And I think Div2 is on a good way to that.
I mean, outside of the obvious exploits/glitches/loot cheeses that will be very quickly found
What's more interesting to me is the variety of activities in the endgame, more so than the progression of world tiers. The ability to take on control points and amp up their difficulty and loot supply, the 52 named bosses, the world tiers, the more alive open world, the way the missions change with the invasion/not static enemy spawns, etc. It's really impressive to me. That said...
  • The early word is that the story missions, side missions, journey from 1-30 is about 40 hours. That may be stretching it a little bit, but the first game was pretty lengthy and it looks like the side missions are more substantial from the beta, and the settlements have new mechanics to get everything unlocked.
  • World tiers 1-3 last 2 missions + a stronghold each (3 missions...probably 60-90 minutes per world tier) if all you are looking to do is progress. Realistically you will have to spend a bit more time in each world tier just getting gear up to snuff to take on the strongholds.
  • World tier 4 will be where players spend a good amount of time waiting for the post-launch stronghold to unlock world tier 5.
  • Then, world tier 5 is where all of the stuff I talked about first is really going to be experienced the most. Control points, 52 named bosses, daily/weekly missions, daily/weekly bounties, raids, daily/weekly settlement projects, etc.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
That all sounds pretty amazing considering what the end game of the first looked like at launch, which was pretty much nothing to do on the PvE side and only the Dark Zone to find more stuff. I didn't play much of the first past 6 months, but from the sounds of it they added a ton of stuff and supported it really well, and seem to be in a pretty good place going into the second with this all pretty much ready to go day 1.

I was iffy on the location even after playing the Beta, but they've made it a much easier purchase reading this.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Christ. I keep flip-flopping on whether or not I want this game, but the sheer amount of endgame content is crazy appealing. Do we know what loot diversity looks like?

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

It's a nice thought but the reality is the playerbase will always zero in on a very small subset of the content that they determine is optimal and the quickly the perception becomes "this game is boring because all you do is run X mission on Y difficulty over and over endlessly."

Diablo III avoids this pitfall with a ton of procedural systems that are simply unrealistic (beyond some simple prefab executions like the underground DLC in Division or the Infinite Forest in Destiny 2) for a game such as Division 2 to implement.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well then. Color me interested. Endgame was my main concern, even though I feel I got my money's worth with the first game from the campaign alone.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Christ. I keep flip-flopping on whether or not I want this game, but the sheer amount of endgame content is crazy appealing. Do we know what loot diversity looks like?
You'll be unlocking:
- 3 specializations at launch (upon hitting endgame) with at least 3 more coming post-launch
- You'll have 6 slots (mask, holster, body armor, kneepads, gloves, backpack) to customize. You'll be trying to maximize your gear score to 450 (only unlockable in world tier 5)
- These 6 slots will have gear set options (gear that unlocks extra abilities if you are wearing 5-6 pieces of them). I would assume the number of gear sets will be similar to the Division (?), aka a good number
- You'll be able to recalibrate your gear (so if you like something you pick up, but one stat isn't great for you, you can alter it)
- You'll likely be able to optimize your gear too (so if you pick up the perfect piece but that has a low damage or armor roll, you can slowly upgrade it to optimal)
- You'll have your choice of 2 skills from a list of 6 (?). Each of these 6 skills has 3-4 variants as well as mods that affect the power and behavior of the skills.
- There'll obviously be a good number of guns (submachine, assault rifle, rifle, sniper, light machine gun, shotgun, etc.), including ones that are specfically exotic, named weapons
- You''ll have multiple loadouts to work with, so that you can change up your playstyle "on the fly" (not while in combat, but generally, any other time you want to.

Basically, there's gonna' be a lot of loot. It might not look super fancy because it's all rooted somewhat in reality, but you'll definitely be grinding for a long time to optimize builds.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What version of the game are you guys pre-ordering. I'm just not sure I want to to spend the extra $40 from the regular edition.

Oct 26, 2017
It took me a while to jump into the first game, I picked it up cheap after they launched the last major content update and I ended up putting a lot of time into it.
I'm more than happy to jump in on day 1 this time round, they earned that and the beta just cemented it. Now I'm reading about this stuff and it's insane, they are not holding back.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You'll be unlocking:
- 3 specializations at launch (upon hitting endgame) with at least 3 more coming post-launch
- You'll have 6 slots (mask, holster, body armor, kneepads, gloves, backpack) to customize. You'll be trying to maximize your gear score to 450 (only unlockable in world tier 5)
- These 6 slots will have gear set options (gear that unlocks extra abilities if you are wearing 5-6 pieces of them). I would assume the number of gear sets will be similar to the Division (?), aka a good number
- You'll be able to recalibrate your gear (so if you like something you pick up, but one stat isn't great for you, you can alter it)
- You'll likely be able to optimize your gear too (so if you pick up the perfect piece but that has a low damage or armor roll, you can slowly upgrade it to optimal)
- You'll have your choice of 2 skills from a list of 6 (?). Each of these 6 skills has 3-4 variants as well as mods that affect the power and behavior of the skills.
- There'll obviously be a good number of guns (submachine, assault rifle, rifle, sniper, light machine gun, shotgun, etc.), including ones that are specfically exotic, named weapons
- You''ll have multiple loadouts to work with, so that you can change up your playstyle "on the fly" (not while in combat, but generally, any other time you want to.

Basically, there's gonna' be a lot of loot. It might not look super fancy because it's all rooted somewhat in reality, but you'll definitely be grinding for a long time to optimize builds.

Well okay then. PC preorder here I come.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
What version of the game are you guys pre-ordering. I'm just not sure I want to to spend the extra $40 from the regular edition.
Unless they go into depth what the classified assignments consist of, I'll be doing regular edition. It's such a price difference in Canada that it seems impossible to justify the difference in price unless those are seriously substantial pieces of content.

Oct 31, 2017
Credit has to got to Massive and the way they have engaged the community with Div2. I have watched some of their Twitch stream and they staff playing the game and answering questions about the game as well. They even have prizes as well.

Wish other Devs would take this approach.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Compare this to vanilla Destiny 2 (Nightfall, Raid, some Exotic Quest, weeklies) and Anthem (not played it yet, but from what I gather only legendary contracts and the 3 Stronghold but at harder difficulty).