• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Playing this on Series X is like a whole new game. I actually booted it up on PS4 to check something and it was so bad I thought something was wrong with it. I was used to reading the news or something on my phone during 'fast' travel or loading but now there's barely time to even pick my phone up.

I should really use the level skip to 30 but I really don't like the idea of erasing all the side quests so I'm just levelling the old fashioned way *sigh*.

I had about 20 exotic caches just saved up in my PS4 account. Kind of crazy I will never even open them let alone use them.

Last edited:

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You can get the game + expansion for PC for $5 using the code LEGEND22 ($10 off $15) on Ubi store. The game +DLC is $12 so you just add something for $3 for the coupon to trigger. Hope this helps someone out!

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Playing this on Series X is like a whole new game. I actually booted it up on PS4 to check something and it was so bad I thought something was wrong with it. I was used to reading the news or something on my phone during 'fast' travel or loading but now there's barely time to even pick my phone up.

I should really use the level skip to 30 but I really don't like the idea of erasing all the side quests so I'm just levelling the old fashioned way *sigh*.

I had about 20 exotic caches just saved up in my PS4 account. Kind of crazy I will never even open them let alone use them.
100%. I remember the first time I played on the Series X just being shocked at how my accuracy stats had jumped like 10-15%. I just can't go back. Same with how much more you can get done in a session, or how jumping around the map isn't tedious at all.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
You can get the game + expansion for PC for $5 using the code LEGEND22 ($10 off $15) on Ubi store. The game +DLC is $12 so you just add something for $3 for the coupon to trigger. Hope this helps someone out!

Whoa whoa whoa, back dat ass up! You're telling me the coupon applies to your entire cart and not a single item being a minimum of $14.99?? Holy shit I overlooked that! Always thought it was a single item like how Epic normally does their sales. Consider this post helpful!

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa whoa whoa, back dat ass up! You're telling me the coupon applies to your entire cart and not a single item being a minimum of $14.99?? Holy shit I overlooked that! Always thought it was a single item like how Epic normally does their sales. Consider this post helpful!
That's what it looks like! I didn't check out all the way (too much backlog already), but the coupon did apply to my exactly $15 cart (of two items) and reduced it to $5.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Any active clans on PC?

Seems I got booted from the clan I made and I can't find it via search (Rogue Ones). Assuming someone took control and changed the name which is fair play.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Having a solid time again but they've got to sort out the freeze 'crashes' as priority, it's cooked.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Phew got to level 30 at last so now to do Warlords and I can get to the current stuff. Of course I will need to get geared up for it but that's all good.

It's a testament to this game's gameplay that a really didn't mind doing it all again because I simply enjoy playing the game that much. Not many games I can say this for.

100%. I remember the first time I played on the Series X just being shocked at how my accuracy stats had jumped like 10-15%. I just can't go back. Same with how much more you can get done in a session, or how jumping around the map isn't tedious at all.

Yeah I've always had issues lining up shots on moving targets with marksman rifle but now it's so easy. I can even go further and hit precision shots on key areas.

Really impressed with how this last gen game still hold up.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Phew got to level 30 at last so now to do Warlords and I can get to the current stuff. Of course I will need to get geared up for it but that's all good.

It's a testament to this game's gameplay that a really didn't mind doing it all again because I simply enjoy playing the game that much. Not many games I can say this for.
I'm in the same boat. Playing Outriders made me appreciate how that game made your build matter the whole campaign, which Division definitely leaves until Level 40, but at the same time, it just feels good even with random gear through those missions.

Even though I'm in this weird loop of "new content takes 90 minutes each week," I find myself booting up more than I thought I would just to try a new build or do another few rounds of Countdown. On paper it doesn't do much to add to the game, but I'm enjoying the 10-15 minute loop of shooting hunters, getting objectives done, donating gear to my Expertise...because it still just feels pretty good to do so!

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
When I look at the roadmap of content over the next month or two, are those events unlocked on the dates listed or are they only active for a set period of time?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
When I look at the roadmap of content over the next month or two, are those events unlocked on the dates listed or are they only active for a set period of time?
The manhunt targets unlock on those dates, and I believe are available all season (technically you could do them all in one long session).
The apparel events unlock on those days and typically last 3 weeks (in the past, these have been a bit grindy if you want to unlock everything).
The Global Events and Leagues are time limited for that week, but they also usually don't take very long to complete.
The season pass is good for the whole season, but it easily obtainable in that time frame, I think. I'm level 50/100 and haven't been grinding anything hard.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I forgot about the world tier bullshit. So, I boosted in the end. It was all fun and games replaying the campaign but I don't have time to spend grinding for free to advance world tiers.

I'm in the same boat. Playing Outriders made me appreciate how that game made your build matter the whole campaign, which Division definitely leaves until Level 40, but at the same time, it just feels good even with random gear through those missions.

Even though I'm in this weird loop of "new content takes 90 minutes each week," I find myself booting up more than I thought I would just to try a new build or do another few rounds of Countdown. On paper it doesn't do much to add to the game, but I'm enjoying the 10-15 minute loop of shooting hunters, getting objectives done, donating gear to my Expertise...because it still just feels pretty good to do so!

Yeah I enjoy Outriders but it's just not on the same level gameplay-wise for me. It's the gun/combat audio, the enemy dialogue and hit reactions, the AI etc all just comes together so well. The audio is seriously good in this game. The guns really pop, the explosions have that bass hit and enemies are always saying funny shit and reacting in really organic ways. Love it ha ha.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing this on PC atm here at all?

Dsicord is dead... really enjoying the game again but it feels quite abandoned. I tried joining 3 different clans, one with max player counts, and no-one seems to be on much.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
What caches should I grab from the global event vendor? I've got 50 stars (basically just had it active long enough to max out the track), I assume Exotic caches are the way to go? I have no idea if there's any value in the Legacy Season caches, and I know everyone who never stopped playing kind of shits on optimization caches BUT as a player just coming back with a recent WONY clear (SHD 112) I don't have jack shit for optimization resources still so maybe there's value there?

Twitch just had a bunch of cache drops. I claimed them in twitch, but have no idea how to get them in game. Account was linked and all that.

Did they do another round of twitch drops or is this still the set from when the season launched?

On season launch I did the whole link account thing, it takes up to 48 hours for the caches to appear in your inventory (it'll say you got mail). I don't think I got one or two of them but IIRC I think in the patch notes they said that was a known issue that would be addressed?

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Beat the Warlords boss by matchmaking. The new mode is ok but it reminds me the darks of this game are really dark. Interested to get into the tower stuff.

This game has such a solid gameplay loop.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul

Absolutely. The current gen consoles breathed new life into this game. I put it down on the PS4 due to performance, but played the hell out of it on PS5.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Beat the Warlords boss by matchmaking. The new mode is ok but it reminds me the darks of this game are really dark. Interested to get into the tower stuff.

This game has such a solid gameplay loop.
I always put Neutral Lighting on, but then up the brightness more than a few notches. I find it helps remove the washed out feeling, drastically improving the look, while still making things visible in all but the darkest of shadows.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Anyone else get to the Dread Edict on the Season Pass? Wondering if it's guaranteed to drop as a god roll, or if I just had the RNG gods on my side with the triple maxed stat roll.

PS: really enjoying the shorter number of activities to get to the Manhunt Target. Really nice to log in for a couple of hours a week and quickly make progress.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Finally made it through all the campaign. I've thrown together an AR focused red build. Tweaked it slightly from my old one by adding two pieces of Heartbreaker for +15% AR damage. I think this is a good deal even factoring in the downsides of using gear set pieces. Add in Ceska Vyroba, Walker & Harris, Fenris and Groupo Sombra. Using Braced, Vigilance and In Sync (with a drone). Aiming for all red stats: weapon damage, crit, crit chance etc. Seems to shred pretty nicely actually. :)

Haven't tried the new mode so I think I'll do that next.

Anyone else get to the Dread Edict on the Season Pass? Wondering if it's guaranteed to drop as a god roll, or if I just had the RNG gods on my side with the triple maxed stat roll.

PS: really enjoying the shorter number of activities to get to the Manhunt Target. Really nice to log in for a couple of hours a week and quickly make progress.

Didn't get there yet. Is the gun any good?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Finally made it through all the campaign. I've thrown together an AR focused red build. Tweaked it slightly from my old one by adding two pieces of Heartbreaker for +15% AR damage. I think this is a good deal even factoring in the downsides of using gear set pieces. Add in Ceska Vyroba, Walker & Harris, Fenris and Groupo Sombra. Using Braced, Vigilance and In Sync (with a drone). Aiming for all red stats: weapon damage, crit, crit chance etc. Seems to shred pretty nicely actually. :)

Haven't tried the new mode so I think I'll do that next.

Didn't get there yet. Is the gun any good?
Honestly haven't even tested it. The Classic spotter M1A/shield build, my turret/drone skill build and the heartbreaker Dare & Scorpio build to melt hunters in Countdown build have eaten up all my playtime so far.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
diving back in after a couple years. any recommendations on how to get up to speed? the last thing i remember doing was trying to take part in one of the first ever man hunts, if that helps.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
diving back in after a couple years. any recommendations on how to get up to speed? the last thing i remember doing was trying to take part in one of the first ever man hunts, if that helps.
If you have Warlords of New York done, then I'd just focus on:
- the new season's manhunts/weekly objectives
- Countdown mode (set the targeted loot to quickly get a LOT of loot for any builds you're making).
- Builds, builds, builds - just get stuff to drop that's useful by playing Heroic missions/Control Points and Countdown, and recalibrate/optimize the stats that aren't maxed out. Also, focus on the expertise system / optimization table

If you don't have Warlords done, then focus on finishing that campaign and getting to level 40 asap so that the gear that drops matters.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this AR build is pretty good so far. It's not even fully optimised but regularly in top/second on damage or kills even with my measly SHD level. Also just swapping the Fenris for Petrov and it's a great LMG loadout too. Using my New Reliable LMG + Braced gives me nearly +100% weapon handling in cover which is crazy. Will be trying this tonight.

Honestly haven't even tested it. The Classic spotter M1A/shield build, my turret/drone skill build and the heartbreaker Dare & Scorpio build to melt hunters in Countdown build have eaten up all my playtime so far.

Ah okay. I was interested to see an exotic marksman rifle since precision shots are so much more viable for me now and I don't think there is a good one in the game right now. Never could make much use of the Nemesis even though it looks really cool.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I jumped back into this, after being at 30 for a long time (pre warlords) and ran up to 40 through the expansion.

I was really surprised how quickly I got back into the game, now working on the manhunts, tower, and all the other content I didn't experience before. Plays amazingly well on Series X, as others have said. Biggest hurdles were just remembering what screens you could set targeted loot from, how all the bounties flowed together, etc. Targeted loot is such a nice feature.

Ran through the tanker mission post-40 on a higher difficulty for one of the bounties, and wow that boss room... that was no joke. I think it took me 8 tries to finally beat her, with just constant movement and lots of gadget distractions.

I still find the explosive crossbow to be one of the best specializations - sniper rifle was fine, but the GL seems stingy with ammo - feels as if you really must respec towards explosives in order to just get ammo for the bloody thing. May just be a mismatch on my play style (assault rifle and marksman) and gadget choices (turret & drone), honestly.

I still feel as if the museum level is one of the best - that battle in the planetarium is still amazing to replay; such a tight space to fight in.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I jumped back into this, after being at 30 for a long time (pre warlords) and ran up to 40 through the expansion.

I was really surprised how quickly I got back into the game, now working on the manhunts, tower, and all the other content I didn't experience before. Plays amazingly well on Series X, as others have said. Biggest hurdles were just remembering what screens you could set targeted loot from, how all the bounties flowed together, etc. Targeted loot is such a nice feature.

Ran through the tanker mission post-40 on a higher difficulty for one of the bounties, and wow that boss room... that was no joke. I think it took me 8 tries to finally beat her, with just constant movement and lots of gadget distractions.

I still find the explosive crossbow to be one of the best specializations - sniper rifle was fine, but the GL seems stingy with ammo - feels as if you really must respec towards explosives in order to just get ammo for the bloody thing. May just be a mismatch on my play style (assault rifle and marksman) and gadget choices (turret & drone), honestly.

I still feel as if the museum level is one of the best - that battle in the planetarium is still amazing to replay; such a tight space to fight in.
Yeah, Warlords was no joke on Heroic/Legendary pre min-max (and maybe pre balance changes). The level designs and combat encounters are mostly great across the board, but definitely some standout levels this time, that for me, mostly made up for the more generic overall environment (Div 1's snow is still so great).

Since getting back into the game, I only just now realized I forgot specializations actually have a weapon to use, since I just pick them based on the spec tree bonuses they give and find higher DPS from primary weapons. I think the devs talked about major changes to those coming "soon," but I wouldn't be surprised if they just kind of stayed as is...?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017

Ah yes, American History Museum is amazing!

Also the other great missions IMO:
Grand Wahington Hotel
Air & Space Museum (my personal favorite)
Lincoln Memorial
Potomac Event Center (best final battle in the game)

The Coney Island missions are good too!

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question since this is my first apparel event: I got the 4 event apparel keys and I understand there's no dupes and you get a key every 4 SHD levels etc. But I ALSO had 1 Legacy Event Apparel key, and I'm not sure what this is? The only thing I can think of is when I first returned to the game post WoNY being out and getting through that campaign some season or another was running, and I dipped out pretty much after beating the campaign but I'm guessing this key is maybe one I earned from whatever season that was? But I also would have assumed any apparel event keys totally go away forever once that event ends so I'm not sure. I had 0/40 items collected from the Legacy Caches (I used it and got a Bastion shirt), I'm currently 72/100 from the regular caches.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
It's fun to be back playing this, but far out getting freeze crashes every second or third session sucks.

TU 15.1 did little to sort that out and I have no idea what the status is with Massive trying to fix them.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
It's fun to be back playing this, but far out getting freeze crashes every second or third session sucks.

TU 15.1 did little to sort that out and I have no idea what the status is with Massive trying to fix them.
If yr on PC I think lt buzz litebeer posted a fix on youtube a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had any crashes on console, but heard PC has some problems since the update.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I'm gonna get the game tomorrow, the whole package. My question is should I boost or should I do everything? Also how do builds work in this game? Also, what is the end game?

Thank you !

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna get the game tomorrow, the whole package. My question is should I boost or should I do everything? Also how do builds work in this game? Also, what is the end game?

Thank you !

Don't boost. You're basically erasing content since side quests can't be repeated and will just disappear.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
If you are new, don't boost. A lot of content to enjoy.
Don't boost. You're basically erasing content since side quests can't be repeated and will just disappear.
Turnscr3w You can do both. Create one character and boost it so you can play with friends. Create another character to start at level one when playing solo.
Okay, thx y'all. I'm gonna do everything then !

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Dread Edict seems a bit underwhelming unless you're hitting head shots. It also looks like a Fisher Price toy or something you would make in a 3D printer.

Just got Bluescreen and this seems much more promising. Seems like some really cool status shenanigans.

Edit: yeah think I'm gonna go for a hybrid status/weapon damage loadout with this Bluescreen. I can be dealing crowd control and solid damage with my guns. Creeping Death, maybe Vile mask, possibly Eclipse Protocol... don't have much to work with yet so could take a while.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I revive thee from the dead

New roadmap and confirmation of Year 5. New mode coming in season 11 and I really hope it's survival.

www.pcgamer.com

Ubisoft commits to The Division Year 5, gives first look at spinoff Heartland

Heartland is a standalone, "free-to-play survival action shooter."
The rest of 2022 will see Seasons 10 and 11 of the Division 2, with the former, "Price Power," launching on September 13. Price Power is set to include new difficulty levels for preexisting game modes, QoL changes, and apparel events. Season 11 looks a bit more substantial, with new manhunt targets, a fresh PvE mode, and a continuation of the game's main story.

Ubisoft also reiterated a "long term commitment to the future of the Division 2," more concretely promising a full Year 5 for the live service game.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to pop in and say I miss this game so much. Hate that my progress is trapped on PS4 when I've long since made the jump to PC. Would love for cross-save to happen but if it hasn't happened by now it's not going to. And there's no way I'm starting over when I had so much time sank into the PS4 version. :(

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I think some College could offer a class regarding builds. ; ) Theres so much to manage and upgrade my head spins at times. Im level 40 running Petrov Defense w/ Demolitionist specialization. I'm not even sure how relevant this build is anymore. Now there Heartbreaker, it keeps going.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I think some College could offer a class regarding builds. ; ) Theres so much to manage and upgrade my head spins at times. Im level 40 running Petrov Defense w/ Demolitionist specialization. I'm not even sure how relevant this build is anymore. Now there Heartbreaker, it keeps going.
I think the best builds are still Classic M1a + crusader shield DPS, Turret drone skill build, Memento based builds, and the status spreading build…and Heartbreaker absolutely was top toer but was nerfed a bit. Haven't played post nerf but am guessing it is still very good.

If you need specifics I can login later today for a breakdown on any of them.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Just jumoed into the game and Im thoroughly enjoying it. Only lvl 4 now and soloing it. Is it worth patong for some if the apparels or do they drop anyways in the game? Any way of changing colors of your apparels or gear? Havent bought Warlords yet, they say you skip the main campaign if you start it - what does that mean practically? Can I still upgrade the WH after Ive done New York or does it do that automatically? Why are the stores so empty? I get like four things in them to browse 🤔

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just jumoed into the game and Im thoroughly enjoying it. Only lvl 4 now and soloing it. Is it worth patong for some if the apparels or do they drop anyways in the game? Any way of changing colors of your apparels or gear? Havent bought Warlords yet, they say you skip the main campaign if you start it - what does that mean practically? Can I still upgrade the WH after Ive done New York or does it do that automatically? Why are the stores so empty? I get like four things in them to browse 🤔
Cosmetics start dropping pretty consistently a bit further into the game, including both outfits and masks and colours/patterns to skin Your gear and weapons. Some other cosmetics are only attainable from killing Hunters or doing missions on Legendary, and still others are only in the store or part of limited time cosmetic events or season passes. But you'll have a lot of choices by the time you're done the campaign.

If you buy Warlords you can stoll do 99% of the story missions/content from the base game. You get the rewards from a few side missions unlocked without being able to actually do them anymore, but they are all "go here, kill x enemies" and offer no substantial story beats. I believe ot auto completes the White House for you, but can't remember. Still, my suggestion would be whether yr not fully decided on how long you'll play Div 2 for, just play through the base campaign then do Warlords after. A lot of content in the game, and it's easieer than ever to quiclly put together endgame builds once you hit endgame, so enjoy the ride until then.