• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
After wrapping up their plans for the game, the developers of Division 2 were given a surprise go-ahead to keep making content for the game. This week the the first new updates com to the game: a new mode called Countdown, a new Season (Hidden Agenda), an Expertise System to progress your power level beyond the current caps. The devs have at least one year of content planned for the game.

I'll add more to the thread as it goes live - maybe some new builds, strategies, etc. If you're wondering what has changed since the game launched, the first post in the previous OT broke it down throughout: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-ot-gear-2-0-of-war.172829/

Importantly, Series X/S and PS5 got the upgrades to 60fps and massively improved load times awhile back.

NEW MODE: COUNTDOWN

glKzjCP.png
- 8 Player, matchmake, cooperative endgame mode
- Protect a power plant with various randomized, objective-based gameplay loops, extract after completing your main objective
- Start by splitting up into groups of 4, end up grouping up to complete the mission and extract

SEASON 9: HIDDEN AGENDA

PbRzhfH.jpg

Season 9, launching Thursday, continues off from the previous season of The Division 2, shedding some light on Faye Lau's actions to date. Expect a similar model to past seasons: weekly objectives, missions to run, targets to hunt, with Reward Tracks offering exotics, apparel, etc. Each season will include 2 apparel events.

6EEp0uo.png

5FJdyhb.png

EXPERTISE SYSTEM:
TPx8EPC.jpg

An endgame player progression system. You level up weapons and your overall character beyond what you previously could.

From Gamerant:
Each Expertise (player level) level a player gains can be used to improve the base stat of an item, e.g. a weapon's damage, gear's armor value, and skill's base damage/healing/status effect duration. Players earn Expertise levels by gaining Proficiency, which is the second aspect of Expertise.

Proficiency (Item level) is associated with items in The Division 2. This includes weapons, brands, gearsets, named items, exotics, skill variants, and specialization weapons. Each of these will have proficiency ranks associated with it, up to a maximum of 10 levels depending on quality and type. Players gain ranks by earning kill XP, donating matching items, or donating materials. Each rank earned contributes to a player's Expertise level. However, items can only have their base stat increased once they've reached max Progression rank.

It's a progression system designed to be simple. Players equip items, gain Proficiency in those items, and through Proficiency gain Expertise levels for their agent. Expertise then unlocks base stat upgrades, with more Expertise leading to more upgrades.

NEW EXOTICS / GEARSET:

EXOTICS:

• Dread Edict— exotic variation of the SVD Marksman Rifle
    • Talent Full Stop: Shooting enemies builds stacks to a cap of 20. Headshots grant 2 stacks. Each stack grants 2% Weapon Damage and 5% Headshot Damage. On reload, clear all stacks and gain 5% of your max Armor as temp armor for 10 seconds for each stack removed. Headshot kills with Dread Edict restore all bullets in the magazine. This does not count as a reload.
  • Catharsis — exotic mask
    • Talent Vicious Cycle: Taking damage builds stacks to a cap of 30. Each stack grants 1% Weapon Damage. Taking damage at max stacks triggers a purge, removing all stacks and Status Effects and then dropping a healing cloud which restores 5% of Max Armor for 10s to all allies in the cloud.
  • Bluescreen — exotic variation of the Stoner LMG
    • Talent Disruptor Rounds: Shooting an enemy marks them and adds a stack to the agent up to a count of 50. Shooting a marked enemy refreshes the mark and adds stacks to the agent. When you deploy a non-shield skill, remove all stacks on agent and all marked targets trigger an effect.
    • 1 -10 Stacks - Pulse marked targets for 5 seconds
    • 11 - 25 Stacks - Pulse and Disrupt marked targets for 5 seconds.
    • 26 - 49 Stacks - Pulse, Disrupt, and Disorient marked targets for 5 seconds.
    • 50 Stacks - Pulse, Disrupt, and Disorient marked targets and all hostiles within 10 meters of the marked targets for 5 seconds. This effect will trigger immediately if any marked enemy is killed.
HEARTBREAKER GEARSET:

2 piece bonus:
+15% AR damage
+15% LMG damage

3 piece bonus:
+15% Weapon Handling Bonus

4 piece bonus:
Hitting an enemy with a headshot
applies a pulse for 5 seconds. Weapon hits on pulsed enemies adds and refresh a stack of 1% bonus armor and 1% damage to pulsed enemies for 5 seconds. Max stack is 50. Two stacks are lost per second. Chest: increases max stats to 100, backpack bonus armor increased to 2%.

NAMED GEAR:
  • Dare —LMG HK GR9*
    • Talent Perfect Flatline: Amplifies weapon damage by 20% to pulsed enemies. After 2 kills, applies pulse to the next enemy you hit.
    • Currently incorrectly displays as "Talent Perfect Jeopardy."
  • Kingbreaker — TKB-408 Assault Rifle
    • Talent Perfect Flatline: Amplifies weapon damage by 20% to pulsed enemies. After 2 kills, applies pulse to the next enemy you hit.
  • Closer — Chest
    • Talent Perfect Spotter: Amplifies total weapon and skill damage by 20% to pulsed enemies.
  • The Setup — Backpack
    • Talent Perfectly Opportunistic: Enemies you hit with shotguns and marksman rifles amplifies the damage they take by 15% from all sources for 5s.
NEW BRAND:
  • Uzina Getica — Gear Brand Set*
    • 5.0% Armor
    • 10% Armor on Kill
    • 10% Hazard Protection
META BUILDS:
Here's a breakdown of some of the meta builds prior to this update. All seem to still be very strong.
Current Division 2 Meta Builds For PVE

PS: NO CROSSPLAY PLANNED (SIGH)
(they've explained why it's hard for them to implement, so it's understandable)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I'm honestly excited. I picked Div 2 back up a couple of weeks ago just for shits and giggles, found I had enough old gear and resources to make a really solid DPS glass cannon build, and have been having a blast running through stuff on Heroic.

I didn't expect to come back to the game, but the gameplay--for me--is just so satisfying especially when you get into a rhythm with your teammates and just annihilate everything. It's a great power trip if that's what you're into.

I really hope more people return to this game and give it some time. It has a wealth of content and is a blast to play.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
haven't played Division in a LONG TIME, however I'm down to try Countdown for sure, don't think I ever actually finished the base game story despite owning base game and Warlords of New York

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm honestly excited. I picked Div 2 back up a couple of weeks ago just for shits and giggles, found I had enough old gear and resources to make a really solid DPS glass cannon build, and have been having a blast running through stuff on Heroic.

I didn't expect to come back to the game, but the gameplay--for me--is just so satisfying especially when you get into a rhythm with your teammates and just annihilate everything. It's a great power trip if that's what you're into.

I really hope more people return to this game and give it some time. It has a wealth of content and is a blast to play.
Totally. Division 2 is a really great game, and really great package for a first time through. If I'm honest, the season model isn't what I wanted to continue, but I also understand that they have very limited resources, so it's probably the easiest way for them to deliver sustained content in apparel/story content etc. without having to design completely new assets.

I've heard Countdown is similar to The Summit in that it's pretty fun the first few times, and the design is great (as opposed to the bland Summit), but it's not a game changer mode - but honestly, that's good enough for me. Happy to log in from week to week and do some shooting, but not get fully sucked back in.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Did any of the stations and QoL changes from the end of Div 1's life ever make over to 2? I remember the loot being trash for the most part and you couldn't re-roll or change things on your gear the same way you could in 1. Some of these things might've gotten fixed by Warlords of New York but I didn't get why they wanted me to support a product that was worse than 1 at the time.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
They really need crossplay/cross progression. Starting over with the fact that no one is playing on the lower world tiers just killed my interest in trying to build up my character again on PC.

Oct 30, 2017
Did any of the stations and QoL changes from the end of Div 1's life ever make over to 2? I remember the loot being trash for the most part and you couldn't re-roll or change things on your gear the same way you could in 1. Some of these things might've gotten fixed by Warlords of New York but I didn't get why they wanted me to support a product that was worse than 1 at the time.
Optimization and Recalibration is in Div 2. You can re-roll gear through the crafting system, but really it's about finding a decent drop and then optimizing and/or replacing the red/yellows/blues or gear talents depending on what type of build you want. But, you can only replace either a talent or mod and not both.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The game is in a great state playability wise. Time to kills were adjusted, they introduced Gear 2.0 with Warlords, they introduced targeted loot (so you can try to farm what you actually need by brand, gearset or slot type), they introduced difficulty selection for the whole map, etc.

I'd say the real areas that are lacking now are:
- PvP/Dark Zone are serious steps down from Division 1
- Survival Mode didn't make a jump to Division 2, and the new repeatable modes (Summit/Countdown), while fun, aren't generally regarded as well as Survival/Underground.

But if you're just looking to play through the stuff that's been added since Warlords, it's a lot of missions, great mission design, fun combat, and lots of QoL upgrades to make build crafting way easier.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Damn nice, I may come back to it. I dropped the game when they refused to add match making to the end game, but seems this will have it

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Damn nice, I may come back to it. I dropped the game when they refused to add match making to the end game, but seems this will have it

What endgame content didn't have matchmaking? I played the first raid 100% matchmade -- albeit a neutered easy version of it. Never bothered hopping on to do the second raid.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
What's the Xbox Live community like? Still strong to find matchmade games? If so, I'll jump back in after a 2 year break.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy I may go back, thoroughly enjoyed the base game but dropped off for some reason.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I love the soundtrack and atmosphere in this game. Even as a 30 hour singleplayer Tom Clancy game it stands up.

Will have to jump back in and see what's new.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
So I haven't played in forever, but just last week I was talking with my cousin how the game stopped being fun (Dark Zone campers and overpowered dudes destroying you on sight). Now reading this it has given me an urge to play (I miss a good online coop game to pass the time). Should I restart the game completely or should I continue my old game save?

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
If only they could've made crossplay work I'd jump back in, but with friends being on PC now I really can't be fucked grinding everything over again. Shame I enjoyed this and loved TD1. I still play TD1 mostly surival and DZ runs.

Hopefully Heartland drags me back in.

Oct 30, 2017
What's the Xbox Live community like? Still strong to find matchmade games? If so, I'll jump back in after a 2 year break.
Really depends on what you're matching for. I have no issues matching for Heroic or Challenging main missions as well as bounties. The Summit is fairly dead but you can still match with one or two people depending on time of day. And I haven't tried matching for the raids as I tried the first one and didn't enjoy it at all.

For my personal interests, I rarely have trouble finding games. You can also look for any active clans and join up for more consistent players.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I like that they are giving Pulse skill users more gear...I'm ready for Season 9 myself, been fine tuning my current loadout for this!

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I haven't played in forever, but just last week I was talking with my cousin how the game stopped being fun (Dark Zone campers and overpowered dudes destroying you on sight). Now reading this it has given me an urge to play (I miss a good online coop game to pass the time). Should I restart the game completely or should I continue my old game save?
Just depends how quickly you want to hit the endgame. I would personally suggest continuing with the old save, since all content in Division is repeatable/you will end up playing the missions again for Seasonal challenges, targeted loot etc., but depends what you want out of it, I guess.

Agreed. I thought I saw a while back about the next division being teased as if it takes place in the midwest. "Division Heartland" or something like that?
Yeah, that's an offshoot game that's had beta tests and such. They've been weirdly silent on it, but it's supposed to be a version of the game that's closer to Tarkov in that you go in, get resources gear, get out, and that it's standalone.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they'd gone for cross-save. I started on Xbox but now would love to go back and play this on PC. No way I'm starting over though.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
One thing i always loved about Division is the support. Always a great lil game to jump in and out of. Will check this out.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I am actually excited about this as well - been looking for a reason to play this because I find the movement and shooting to be very smooth, just not sure how I feel about playing if I can't ever find anyone to group with (by the time I got invested on PC, the game was a ghost town).

The level of support on this has been really good, and I think the game remains underrated after all this time.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Probably the only Ubisoft game I actually want to return to and enjoy messing around in its world.

Automagical

Jun 27, 2020
I am so excited for this. Running around with the Riot foam gun & flame Chem launcher is some of the best gameplay I have ever experienced in my 30+ years of gaming

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I remember buying this at launch on PC but I never made it to the end let alone Warlords.

Might come back as a freshie and see what's what

How is the population on PS/PC?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017

I remember buying this at launch on PC but I never made it to the end let alone Warlords.

Might come back as a freshie and see what's what

How is the population on PS/PC?

I am actually excited about this as well - been looking for a reason to play this because I find the movement and shooting to be very smooth, just not sure how I feel about playing if I can't ever find anyone to group with (by the time I got invested on PC, the game was a ghost town).

The level of support on this has been really good, and I think the game remains underrated after all this time.
Matchmaking on Challenging/Heroic missions on all 3 systems (especially during the PM) is still good, and Season 9 is expected to explode like it did with WoNY particularly when the new mode comes next month.

There is a reason they haven't given up on the game...the very definition of a moneymaker...I bet only AC and RB6 is more profitable for Ubisoft.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Are you now able to up the difficulty before doing a mission, like the first game?

To be honest, I found The Division 2 completely mind-numbing compared to the first game. Normal was too easy to start up with and they took out the ability to adjust your difficulty settings before completing a mission.

I don't want to have to finish a level first before being able to alter the difficulty, first impressions count. It's what made me drop the game, got bored.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I'm curious about the previous targets cause I stopped playing around a little after the expansion when the first target came up and defeated them but was wondering about other targets that came out in different season cause if I recalled those were how you got some of the upgrades to the expansion equipment. So is there a way to go after the previous targets?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Are you now able to up the difficulty before doing a mission, like the first game?

To be honest, I found The Division 2 completely mind-numbing compared to the first game. Normal was too easy to start up with and they took out the ability to adjust your difficulty settings before completing a mission.

I don't want to have to finish a level first before being able to alter the difficulty, first impressions count. It's what made me drop the game, got bored.
Yeah. I can't remember if you have to beat a mission on Story mode first but everything is available on Normal>Hard>Challenging>Heroic and some missions on Legendary.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I can't remember if you have to beat a mission on Story mode first but everything is available on Normal>Hard>Challenging>Heroic and some missions on Legendary.

That's cool, but yeah, I need to know if you have to beat the mission first. Don't want to have to play the mission on a boring difficulty level just to be able to do it again on something remotely challenging.

I hope the new endgame content over the next year is well-crafted. While I think the game is great, I was severely disappointed by The Summit. One of the great things about The Division is its detailed and realistic environments and complex architecture. I had hoped The Summit would be a real 100 story building to fight through and learn the layout. The simplistic sets of repeating floors ruined it. Never went back.

Jun 6, 2018
Division launches were so fun until cheaters ruined the game on pc (at least the pvp). I'm amazed this has still been getting content. How's the player base on Xbox and PlayStation ?

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
We're gonna jump back in, Seeker mine build was too fun, Now we can even make it more powerful through proficiency? Perfect!

8 player mode too sounds fun.