• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it relates to shields (which were patched in in a later version of the game). Chances are if you log in, you'll unlock a bunch of them right away from what you had already completed. Some require a bigger grind or aren't retroactive. They are just for cosmetic things like patches, emotes, a jacket and backpack decoration things.
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/8r0ww3/shield_reward_tiers_revealed/
Thanks! Will check it out.

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
D058SwJXQAEqcng

D058SwOWoAA50qo

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Stop Drop and Roll - rolling removes poison, bleed, and burn.

Yeah I've definitely been rolling already anytime I'm on fire. Guess that wasn't doing anything lmao

Could've sworn rolling works against burning. Been doing that since day 1 in TD1 :')

Oh well. At least it led to silly moments.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Could've sworn rolling works against burning. Been doing that since day 1 in TD1 :')

Oh well. At least it led to silly moments.
I was doing it and thinking it was working because I did it every time and didn't see how not rolling made it last the same time?

Well, shit.

barrow

Feb 26, 2019
it's interesting that I would have never tried this if Anthem was good.

now I am in day 1 The Division 2.

i wonder if there's a lot of people like me

Anthem is 100% responsible for my TD2 preorder. But in my case I didn't even realize that I was ready for another loot shooter. Anthem got me hyped for one, and then when it was clear Anthem wasn't going to satisfy me, here's the TD2 open beta. Ran the PC version through its paces and preordered.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did I hear that right enemies don't always spawn from the same points during replays of missions? If so thank god it got super boring in Division 1 when people would just sticky mine the enemies as the poured out of the same door.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
very very exciting news about the world tiers, i'm loving the idea of the stongholds being reinforced with every different world tier, hopefully this is a visual change as well as just having a load of Black Tusk in there.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
They need like a written recap of everything they just talked about because there's just way too much to process.

-FemXur
-52 world boss/miniboss encounters
-bounty system
-world tiers unlocked with each stronghold
-different difficulties of world activities

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ok so the control point stuff is genius:

Starting world tier 4 the control points get harder by you doing activities in the area they are in.
And harder control point = better gear
So you go around and do stuff, leveling up the control point and then do it for max gear

They got a fucking INSANE loop going on

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
They need like a written recap of everything they just talked about because there's just way too much to process.

-FemXur
-52 world boss/miniboss encounters
-bounty system
-world tiers unlocked with each stronghold
-different difficulties of world activities
There's probably gonna be one on Reddit soon

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is everything reset when you switch world tiers?
Nothing disappears.
You can not "clear" the content. There are infinitely generated bounties, the missions have randomized enemy groups AND spawn points for enemies, control points get taken back over, etc...
They literally called it a "living world" system on stream, all governed by "needs and wants" of the factions.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing disappears.
You can not "clear" the content. There are infinitely generated bounties, the missions have randomized enemy groups AND spawn points for enemies, control points get taken back over, etc...
They literally called it a "living world" system on stream, all governed by "needs and wants" of the factions.

Hmmm. Not sure I love this because I do like checking things off and being done with them, but I'll have to see how it plays out.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure if there's an active Division 1 OT on this site, so I'll just try asking here:

Will TD1 still be playable when TD2 officially launches? Or will they bring down the servers for TD1?

I want to play through it sometime before buying TD2, but don't know if that will be by launch.

Also roughly how many hours is the full story campaign content in TD1? And did the DLCs add any story campaign content, or only end-game farming stuff?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing disappears.

I was just wondering about a potential "efficiency" strat of saving some stuff for world tier 5 or whatever but if it all keeps getting refreshed its all good.

I know its controversial but I do like strongholds being tied to world tiers. It's a great way to give you a gameplay focused "power level check" before you can advance.
I'm not sure if there's an active Division 1 OT on this site, so I'll just try asking here:

Will TD1 still be playable when TD2 officially launches? Or will they bring down the servers for TD1?

I want to play through it sometime before buying TD2, but don't know if that will be by launch.

Also roughly how many hours is the full story campaign content in TD1? And did the DLCs add any story campaign content, or only end-game farming stuff?

I don't know for sure but I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT they take TD1 offline. They'll just stop supporting it most likely.

Full campaign of TD1 wasn't too bad. You can probably take your time and beat it within 30 hours. Much faster if you power through most likely.

DLC's did not add story content. The DLC's were basically purely their own game modes.
Underground was a random dungeon generator

Survival was a quasi battle royale/survival mode. If you are gonna get the DLC check this out because I think it was the best thing to happen to the division and its BULLSHIT it is not in the sequel. You are basically spawned at a random outskirt safehouse with a bad infection and just a pistol for gear. Your goal is to survive, locate a medicine cache, and extract it. You need to find or craft warmer clothes to stay in the cold longer (move between indoors/fires to warm up). You need to gather enough materials to craft a mask so you can enter the Dark Zone. Gotta make sure you have enough other supplies as well. Thirst makes it harder to see loot outlines, hunger stops health regen. And your infection will get progressively worse unless you slow it down with medicine.

It's basically a race against time to gear up, survive, get to the DZ, find the cache, and extract it. You can play it PvE where you only worry about AI or PvP where you worry about AI and other agents can kill you and take your stuff.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I was just wondering about a potential "efficiency" strat of saving some stuff for world tier 5 or whatever but if it all keeps getting refreshed its all good.

I know its controversial but I do like strongholds being tied to world tiers. It's a great way to give you a gameplay focused "power level check" before you can advance.
Lots of stuff doesn't even come in till World Tier 4 and then World Tier 5 after launch will add more.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
In the beta I was kind of confused about the purpose of the flare? Does it just look cool, or does it have a functional purpose?

I was playing co-op with two other people and we could easily find each other, so we couldn't really tell what the flare was for.

(except for accidentally notifying every single enemy of our wherabouts)

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I really like this idea. When I hit level 30 on Division 1 a few months ago, I was world tier 5 in like 2 hours. It didn't feel like an accomplishment, just "oh, I'm at the next level because my gear score went up." I like that you have a little test now before going up a world tier.

In the beta I was kind of confused about the purpose of the flare? Does it just look cool, or does it have a functional purpose?

I was playing co-op with two other people and we could easily find each other, so we couldn't really tell what the flare was for.

I'm pretty sure the flare can only be used in two instances: to start a control point take over and to call in a helicopter in the dark zone.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Div1 servers will remain up, don't have to worry. The playerbase though...

Campaign is around 15 hours to level 30 including side missions if you're playing solo. DLC's add different modes and nothing to story.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Flare gun can only be used in two spots in the beta: in the DZ to call extraction and at occupied control points to call in NPCs to help you

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
the end game is so huge, it could be another game yikes, and we haven't gotten to the Y1 content yet

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Just watched the stream, jesus christ did not expect all that. Can't wait to just sit back and enjoy all of what's on offer, I can't see me power gearing through this, it'll be my go to game for a while so just going to take it all in my stride and enjoy it.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know for sure but I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT they take TD1 offline. They'll just stop supporting it most likely.

Full campaign of TD1 wasn't too bad. You can probably take your time and beat it within 30 hours. Much faster if you power through most likely.

DLC's did not add story content. The DLC's were basically purely their own game modes.
Underground was a random dungeon generator

Survival was a quasi battle royale/survival mode. If you are gonna get the DLC check this out because I think it was the best thing to happen to the division and its BULLSHIT it is not in the sequel. You are basically spawned at a random outskirt safehouse with a bad infection and just a pistol for gear. Your goal is to survive, locate a medicine cache, and extract it. You need to find or craft warmer clothes to stay in the cold longer (move between indoors/fires to warm up). You need to gather enough materials to craft a mask so you can enter the Dark Zone. Gotta make sure you have enough other supplies as well. Thirst makes it harder to see loot outlines, hunger stops health regen. And your infection will get progressively worse unless you slow it down with medicine.

It's basically a race against time to gear up, survive, get to the DZ, find the cache, and extract it. You can play it PvE where you only worry about AI or PvP where you worry about AI and other agents can kill you and take your stuff.
Div1 servers will remain up, don't have to worry. The playerbase though...

Campaign is around 15 hours to level 30 including side missions if you're playing solo. DLC's add different modes and nothing to story.
ok thx for the info Team!

I'll try to do the story missions by March 15th then

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the stream, jesus christ did not expect all that. Can't wait to just sit back and enjoy all of what's on offer, I can't see me power gearing through this, it'll be my go to game for a while so just going to take it all in my stride and enjoy it.

yeah i don't think you can just power level/gear through this that fast

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
God damn. The end game alone has more content than Destiny 1 and Anthem, and that's without the additional content drops.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Is the raid in on day 1?
I was wondering if it's unlocked at WT5 since they didn't say anything about that