• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Played both betas, definitely grabbing this at launch. The UI is a bit confusing is my only quibble so far.

Feels harder than the first game, I find myself getting wrecked a lot more. Enemies seem really keen on flanking the shit out of you.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved this beta so much that I'm now going through D1 for the first time. Am I crazy?
No, it's excellent and actually the perfect time to go through it because it's all available and patched up. If you've never played you could easily hold off on the sequel and get months and months of play out of the first.

Wait the DLC is free in this? $40 extra for the gold edition makes no sense whatsoever, who would pay that much for early access and some cosmetics?

Standard edition straight off Uplay seems like the best deal. 20% off, a few preorder cosmetics and a decent free game.

I did. But I didn't buy it for cosmetics (or just for them). I bought it for the missions, the early stash unlock, the instant spec unlocks, the early access to content, etc. And, yes, none of that is worth $40, but I also bought it because I appreciate not splitting the community with paid DLC. So, it's not as great a "value" as the last pass, but it's also exactly what the community asked for I'm willing to drop a few bucks more so that other people can get the full experience without having to do so.

So I tried the crossbow and I had 5 arrows that's it for the entire run...? I know its a strong weapon and I dont want 100 arrows but they could give one refill from the refill crates...

There are perks that you can get that increase the ammo for the spec weapons. I also think it's just very random how it drops. Some people have had ammo drop like crazy and others not so much. I know in the private beta I basically couldn't run out of sniper ammo due to all the drops.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Demolitionist:
  • 40 mm Grenade Acquisition
    Explosive kills drop Signature Weapon ammo, except when caused by the Grenade Launcher.
  • Group Signature Ammo Supply
    Multi-Kills with Explosives grant a chance to gain Signature Weapon ammo to all group or raid members.
Survivalist
  • Explosive Bolt Acquisition
    Status effect kills drop Signature Weapon ammo.
    Multi-Kills of Status affected enemies grant a chance to gain Signature Weapon ammo to all group or raid members.
Sharpshooter
  • .50 Caliber Ammo Acquisition
    Headshot kills drop Signature Weapon ammo, except for kills with the TAC-50 C Rifle.
    Kills with the Signature Weapon have a chance to drop Signature Weapon ammo for all group or raid members.

Awesome, thank you for posting this. Sharpshooter seems like the easiest one to consistently get ammo for.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It does. Most of the weapon sounds in general are too soft and lacking low end. Explosions also don't sound particularly satisfying either.
I had so many audio issues during the beta (which, acknowledged, were all known issues Ubisoft disclosed and claims are fixed in the release version), so I assumed that the weapons sounds I heard throughout playing weren't really representative of what I was supposed to be hearing.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I had so many audio issues during the beta (which, acknowledged, were all known issues Ubisoft disclosed and claims are fixed in the release version), so I assumed that the weapons sounds I heard throughout playing weren't really representative of what I was supposed to be hearing.

yup, they recorded every sound through the firing of the real weapons

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
It does though?
I used it on the ultimate edition which as already slightly reduced in price and it added on top so it ended up being like 85€ or so
QUESTION:
Are there any limitations with my Ubisoft Club 20% Discount code?
ANSWER:

This promo code can only be redeemed once and will only work on one order.

Please note that this code cannot be applied to pre-orders/pre-purchases, in-game currency, newly released titles, or items under the clearance category.

A game is no longer considered newly released three months after the official launch date.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I used the 20% off code bought with coins to buy the pre-order today. Ultimate Edition down from £91 to £73.

I'm in the UK though, I think it doesn't work in the US according to earlier posts ITT and a brief google.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
QUESTION:
Are there any limitations with my Ubisoft Club 20% Discount code?
ANSWER:

This promo code can only be redeemed once and will only work on one order.

Please note that this code cannot be applied to pre-orders/pre-purchases, in-game currency, newly released titles, or items under the clearance category.

A game is no longer considered newly released three months after the official launch date.
Like I said, I used it for the pre-order of the Ultimate edition.
I am in Germany however so maybe this is a US thing?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Thanks for the replies on the spec weapon ammo,makes more sense now.

I loved the game,pre-ordered to play with a friend but damn this is not a very solo friendly game...much harder then the first...I think in free roam while heading to all the main and sidequest and what not,since the A.I. is pretty damn good,there is too many of them to solo...maybe they will tone it down or something because its crazy how in the beta you can get surrounded by like 5 to 10 ennemies and you die pretty fast...I mean the top left corner map shows you ennemies in front,nothing behind me,I set up and start the fight and out of nowhere those fuckers that rush you come up behind you and you are done lol...

Keep that awesome A.I. but maybe a little less of them for solo play...luckily though it is very easy to form a group with randoms or friends so I will rarely go solo.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies on the spec weapon ammo,makes more sense now.

I loved the game,pre-ordered to play with a friend but damn this is not a very solo friendly game...much harder then the first...I think in free roam while heading to all the main and sidequest and what not,since the A.I. is pretty damn good,there is too many of them to solo...maybe they will tone it down or something because its crazy how in the beta you can get surrounded by like 5 to 10 ennemies and you die pretty fast...I mean the top left corner map shows you ennemies in front,nothing behind me,I set up and start the fight and out of nowhere those fuckers that rush you come up behind you and you are done lol...

Keep that awesome A.I. but maybe a little less of them for solo play...luckily though it is very easy to form a group with randoms or friends so I will rarely go solo.

I solo'd everything, including the final mission once with each specialization. And I'm far from pro.

You need to really be on the ball and manage the flankers, don't just hunker down in one place. Constantly move, flank enemies yourself, prioritise targets... Damn, I love the combat in the game. It's going to be a long wait till launch...

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Awesome, thank you for posting this. Sharpshooter seems like the easiest one to consistently get ammo for.

You would think, but I've been playing with Survivalist and it struck me as odd as to how often the ammo for the crossbow actually dropped. I actually have to use the Crossbow here and there against regular enemies just to pick them up. I didn't specifically try to kill enemies under status effect too. I was a bit surprised, actually.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
You would think, but I've been playing with Survivalist and it struck me as odd as to how often the ammo for the crossbow actually dropped. I actually have to use the Crossbow here and there against regular enemies just to pick them up. I didn't specifically try to kill enemies under status effect too. I was a bit surprised, actually.

there must be a Sharpshooter in your group

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I still think they dropped the ball with no survival at launch and who knows when it will be out. Was a great mode, and was vastly different than everything else in the game.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I still think they dropped the ball with no survival at launch and who knows when it will be out. Was a great mode, and was vastly different than everything else in the game.

I really hope this is an early content release. It was an amazing mode. Some of my favorite memories of Division 1 and my friends and I had a lot of fun in the normal campaign.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If someone drops out, does the game scale back down? Did the invaded mission with 4 people but 1 dropped out pretty quickly. We got through the mission ok, with maybe two wipes and plenty of close calls.

BUT we weren't really working as a team at all (apart from revives) and me and one other guy weren't that good (the third was pretty steady).

I wonder if that is "final" difficulty or if they made it easier for the open beta so people can get the danglies for their backpack?

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
the sound bugs, some are fixed for launch and others they already know about it
neat. Was playing the end game content earlier today and I still feel the game could use some sort of visual along with audio cue/feedback when you down enemies also when looting items. The game for me is lacking a sense of satisfaction in nailing down enemies and looting.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
If someone drops out, does the game scale back down? Did the invaded mission with 4 people but 1 dropped out pretty quickly. We got through the mission ok, with maybe two wipes and plenty of close calls.

BUT we weren't really working as a team at all (apart from revives) and me and one other guy weren't that good (the third was pretty steady).

I wonder if that is "final" difficulty or if they made it easier for the open beta so people can get the danglies for their backpack?

what difficulty was that, Normal or Hard

xxx shiv xxx

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
Can I get a link to the discord? Also still debating whether to pick this up on Xb1X or PS4Pro, I know it will look better on the X but want to go where there the best chance to play with people and don't have friends who play on either.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get a link to the discord? Also still debating whether to pick this up on Xb1X or PS4Pro, I know it will look better on the X but want to go where there the best chance to play with people and don't have friends who play on either.

I think it's going to be decently popular on X. The Xbox has always had a decent audience for shooting games, and military at that. You might as well get it on the console it'll look best on if you don't have friends to play it with on PS4.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Man I'm really tempted to get this. Never played the beta or the original but the game looks great, even as someone who doesn't like these always-online experiences. :P

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Had quite a bit of fun playing for a few hours last night. I never played the first game but I was generally happy with the beta. Thought I would be seeing more people, though. I felt like I was the only one running around the map.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Those Black Tusk enemies are no joke with all of their tech and jamming abilities! I really enjoyed the beta and the changes that they've made on the first game. I think that the only thing that really annoyed me was using placeable/directable skills (eg. drone and seeker mine): it was often difficult to put the skills exactly where I wanted them to go, particularly while in crouched cover where the camera was low, thus objects would get in the way of targeting the exact spot. Otherwise, I'm finding this to be a highly addictive game with great AI enemies!

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Had quite a bit of fun playing for a few hours last night. I never played the first game but I was generally happy with the beta. Thought I would be seeing more people, though. I felt like I was the only one running around the map.

Well you won't see other people on the world map unless they're in your group. Online players only appear at white house/safe-houses.

Also, it's the last moment of the BETA, so yea, understandable that you might have more difficult time finding peeps.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Well you won't see other people on the world map unless they're in your group. Online players only appear at white house/safe-houses.

Also, it's the last moment of the BETA, so yea, understandable that you might have more difficult time finding peeps.
That would explain it. I never joined a group. Thought it was like Destiny where you just run into randoms all the time.

ExtinguirX

Nov 22, 2018
Audio issues on the public beta (strangely didn't got them in the private beta) were quite concerning to say the least. Game went full mute during a mission, so I decided to stop and disconnect. Loaded again the mission (the TV studios one) and after 2 minutes, got the same. Closed the game, restarted it, and it lost completely the checkpoint, with the results to start again from point zero. I went through half it for the third time, again no gun audio and then full mute. I almost lost myself.

Aside the specific mission, audio has anyway a lot of bugs with guns and dialogues. I'm not entirely sure is a purely loading issue, I'm pointing finger also to a server-side error that may conflict with the in-game audio. Even the GPS had crazy moments in some istances.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
When I did that mission solo with the LVL 30 character I got destroyed! What gives? Do I just suck or is the higher levels harder for solo play? I did the same mission earlier with my LVL 5 character and I beat it, while having a lot of fun doing it even though it was challenging. But at LVL 30 I couldn't reach far, got wrecked, was a bit disheartening, I wasn't having fun.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
When I did that mission solo with the LVL 30 character I got destroyed! What gives? Do I just suck or is the higher levels harder for solo play? I did the same mission earlier with my LVL 5 character and I beat it, while having a lot of fun doing it even though it was challenging. But at LVL 30 I couldn't reach far, got wrecked, was a bit disheartening, I wasn't having fun.

not everything needs to be doable solo...the level 30 mission was an endgame mission which is more or less meant to be played in a group. this is a shared world shooter, not a solo experience. besides that, it was already MUCH easier than in the private beta.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what will be kept and what will be different from the open beta once we reach the beginning?

Felt that the skill unlock was quicker than the first game, but hoping they keep it

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I can say i really don't like what they have done with the abilities here.. Almost all of them seem underwhelming and clunky to use.. The drone may be the highlight here but the Chem launcher is a poor substitute for sticky bombs and the abilities where you have to deploy then target are too finicky.. Most of the time it's better and faster to just shoot enemies. Skills need to be fast to deploy and automated. I feel that like the first game a good portion of skills will just never be used.

The setting grew on me and i can see an appeal to it but the game just isn't as clean looking as division 1. Art really goes along way so even if div2 is technically better it doesn't translate to the visuals until you go indoors.

Gun play and encounters are much more fun and dynamic.. The enemy ai and behavior is more enjoyable to fight and the amount of health enemies have is just right. I'm afraid good 4 man teams may get bored tho if there aren't more enemies thrown at them. We will see.

Dark zone areas are too small.. I expect complaints. The nuance of the previous game is gone and its just become a brawl in the DZ. Maybe that's more fun for some people. But i feel they found a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

The UI in this is a downgrade with far too many clicks needed to do basic things. I like the inventory screen and how it's merged with skills but every other menu is now needlessly scattered with too much layout variation. There are lots of key shortcuts to do things and context menus for managing items but it's just convoluted.

I liked what i played and I'll be deep in for sure but the I wasn't expecting the UI to be such a big barrier. The move to specializations also rubs me the wrong way.