• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
The potential for builds for this game is a bit overwhelming me at the moment, lol.

I usually favor "mage" builds so hopefully electronic builds can get a huge shine in this game as well, like Classified Reclaimer/Firecrest/Tactician kinda thing.

Man...... 15 can't come soon enough.

Nov 2, 2017
Beta was enjoyable. I couldn't find any material that explains the icons/numbers around my level that is seen in the character screen. Based on the some the gear I was messing with on the max level characters the more or less of "it" you have activates/deactivates certain bonuses.

Are those numbers a carry over from Division 1 that would make sense to those who played it? I have no clue since I didn't play it.

Other than that I had fun. Enemies really can get overwhelming in a good way and I died plenty of times by trying to recreate my version of Heat. I also like how the day/night cycle and weather changes crank up the tension when roaming the streets. I wish there was a way to approach combat in a more stealthy fashion. It would be cool to thin out a base a bit before you go in guns blazing. I got a suppressor on my pistol, but that did nothing.

Edit: I just remembered the oddest part of this whole beta. I was in the theater settlement trying to figure out those damn icons when this country song comes on the radio. At first I didn't pay much mind, but then I hear the lyrics "Then I found your facebook password then logged on.." The rest is about how this guy posted a bunch of naked pictures of his now ex-girlfriend on her profile because she cheated on him. Then he proceeded to have sex with a stripper I think then posted pictures of that up. I couldn't hear the end of the song because the announcements started blaring about lunches or something.

I hope that song was made up for the game.

Last edited:

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Beta was enjoyable. I couldn't find any material that explains the icons/numbers around my level that is seen in the character screen. Based on the some the gear I was messing with on the max level characters the more or less of "it" you have activates/deactivates certain bonuses.

Are those numbers a carry over from Division 1 that would make sense to those who played it? I have no clue since I didn't play it.

Other than that I had fun. Enemies really can get overwhelming in a good way and I died plenty of times by trying to recreate my version of Heat. I also like how the day/night cycle and weather changes crank up the tension when roaming the streets. I wish there was a way to approach combat in a more stealthy fashion. It would be cool to thin out a base a bit before you go in guns blazing. I got a suppressor on my pistol, but that did nothing.

Edit: I just remembered the oddest part of this whole beta. I was in the theater settlement trying to figure out those damn icons when this country song comes on the radio. At first I didn't pay much mind, but then I hear the lyrics "Then I found your facebook password then logged on.." The rest is about how this guy posted a bunch of naked pictures of his now ex-girlfriend on her profile because she cheated on him. Then he proceeded to have sex with a stripper I think then posted pictures of that up. I couldn't hear the end of the song because the announcements started blaring about lunches or something.

I hope that song was made up for the game.

that is dope

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am level 3 doing a level 3 side quest but getting destroyed. It's the MLK library one

Should my guns be level 3? I die quick so maybe my armor.

I also called for backup for like 30+ min and nobody showed up, even set privacy to open

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm desperately trying to finish up all this week and next weeks work, so I can relax and play it all week next week.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how traps work with survivalist given that there are no additional skill/weapon slote. Unless we can unlock more than shown in the beta

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I am level 3 doing a level 3 side quest but getting destroyed. It's the MLK library one

Should my guns be level 3? I die quick so maybe my armor.

I also called for backup for like 30+ min and nobody showed up, even set privacy to open

MLK Library is the one with Molotov throwing Named Boss, I think ? I recall having trouble on that mission too solo.

I think no one really answer backup, your best bet is to matchmake into Open World then set marker on the side mission on the map.

Otherwise just grab better gear

What skills are you using ? I personally like Fixer Drone and Turret/Explosive Seeker Mine combo.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the changes to enemy armor and the other rebalancing, I found the invaded mission on hard just as challenging as previously.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So in terms of unlocking the beta rewards...I'm good as long as I opened up the Dark Zone and beat the Invaded mission?

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on dark zone events like clearing random contaminated zones or dark zone loot drops at certain times like the first game?

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think this game seems pretty good, but I'm definitely going to wait for a steep discount

I actually might just go back and play the first? It reminds me of Destiny in how the changes aren't great enough to really want me to move on other than different environments

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Really enjoyed the beta and, a few audio bugs aside, entirely stable for me. However, I think I'll still hold off on it for now. I don't play a huge amount of multiplayer games, mainly because I don't have a lot of time to play so I always ended up playing with randoms. Now they were all good players but there was no communication between us in the game and, more of than not, people would run off after a mission ended.

I still really enjoyed it and if I had more time and a larger friends list I'd probably get it day one but with Sekiro out the week after I'd rather get something I can play at my leisure on my own.

Also, fuck those people who call for backup and when you teleport to them they've fucked off back to the White House!

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed the beta and, a few audio bugs aside, entirely stable for me. However, I think I'll still hold off on it for now. I don't play a huge amount of multiplayer games, mainly because I don't have a lot of time to play so I always ended up playing with randoms. Now they were all good players but there was no communication between us in the game and, more of than not, people would run off after a mission ended.

I still really enjoyed it and if I had more time and a larger friends list I'd probably get it day one but with Sekiro out the week after I'd rather get something I can play at my leisure on my own.

Also, fuck those people who call for backup and when you teleport to them they've fucked off back to the White House!
There's probably gonna be a era clan whatever platform you decide to get.

Deleted member 34618

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Beta was pretty fun and I will probably at least play through the main campaign though it's too soon to tell if it'll be worth sticking around for. Two big issues I had though: the UI is absolutely terrible, especially with a mouse and keyboard. Whoever OK'd this shit should be ashamed of themselves. Also, shotguns seem really underpowered. Considering the risk involved in getting up close in this game they should do a lot of damage, not slightly more than a rifle.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
There's probably gonna be a era clan whatever platform you decide to get.

Yeah, but I often struggle to get an hour to play in the evening so I don't think I'd be able to get online as much as I'd like.

I'll pick it up at some point as I really enjoyed the 1st game but for now I think I'd be better investing my time in a single player game I can literally just jump into whenever I have time.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I love how this is so tactically superior to other looter shooters out there, after playing the Open Beta I'm feeling a lot more confident in buying the game now.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
This is neat.

Div2.jpg

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
In Div 1 only backpack really noticeable, the gloves/kneepad are too small and the body armor is covered by jacket.

Div 2 gears (especially Body Armor and Backpack) seems to be more varied and more detailed than Div 1 though, also helps that there are no Jacket this time.

I hope they do improve the cosmetic options somehow this time around but I feel like it's just going to be a fundamental issue I have with the franchise. It was my main problem in Division 1 and why I lost motivation to play shortly after reaching the initial level 30 cap, I just didn't care for how my character looked. In a game like this character customisation is 50% of the driving motivation for me, maximising stats isn't enough on its own.

Random images I found:

Didn't play D1 though, so I have no expertise.

Yeah...those don't exactly look good.

They don't really exist. The armor with stats and the appearance are separate, so you could look like a level 1 fresh character or you could look like one of the gear sets. Or one of a million other combinations. The only real "end game" type cosmetics were masks. Someone mentioned something about end game gear "flexing" or whatever earlier in the thread and that's just not a thing in TD. You find gear that you like the looks of and you can show the set or mix and match. The only time i've ever seen anyone who looked like my character in TD is during December when went I wear the Santa suit exclusively.

Yeah, the more grounded, "this could happen" vibe is the appeal of the game to a lot of us. There are Sci-Fi games out there if that's what you need...The Division isn't it. I don't want zombies, or spacesuits, or futuristic weapons, or any of that stuff past the cool semi-future gadgets we already get. Like, can't one game just be different?

It's good that they essentially separate tiered gear and "outfits".

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Just played a few hour on the beta and my god the texture pop in on PS4 Pro is baaaad.

Anyway, does the Division have any vanity cosmetics? All the loot for me was standard gear, nothing that looked unique?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
So Black tusk variety :

Normal dude.
Exploding drone dude (fk this dude).
Sniper dude (can blind you ?)
Medic dude (apparently dude can revive other dude ?? "Don't move you are bleeding" Then another red bar dude pop up next to medic dude)
Wifi dude (is he the one that jam your tech ?)
Robo dog.
Robo vacuum-cleaner.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a few hour on the beta and my god the texture pop in on PS4 Pro is baaaad.

Anyway, does the Division have any vanity cosmetics? All the loot for me was standard gear, nothing that looked unique?

Yeah it's supposed to have it, but I'm also unclear as to how it'll work in the full game. I got one to drop for me during the beta from a random chest. Between the private and public beta (around 12 hrs of play total) that was the only vanity drop I got. Hopefully it'll be a bit more common in the full release. In the previous one you could get them at a steady pace, but after they introduced loot box vanity drops it seemed like you got them way less. Could be that I just literally exhausted all vanity drops by then though. They were really easy to get.

Your vanity gear is in an entirely different equipment menu. It's all the stuff you wear underneath the armor and backpacks you've got, e.g shoes, pants, hats, jacket, etc.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

There are vanity cosmetic, they don't seem to drop that frequently in the demo. But in the first game they drop fairly frequently.

You can press R1 in inventory.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
For those wondering why it's not ended, hamish confirmed a hour or so ago on the Division twitch stream there was 24hrs remaining so guess it got extended.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Yeah it's supposed to have it, but I'm also unclear as to how it'll work in the full game. I got one to drop for me during the beta from a random chest. Between the private and public beta (around 12 hrs of play total) that was the only vanity drop I got. Hopefully it'll be a bit more common in the full release. In the previous one you could get them at a steady pace, but after they introduced loot box vanity drops it seemed like you got them way less. Could be that I just literally exhausted all vanity drops by then though. They were really easy to get.

Your vanity gear is in an entirely different equipment menu. It's all the stuff you wear underneath the armor and backpacks you've got, e.g shoes, pants, hats, jacket, etc.
There are vanity cosmetic, they don't seem to drop that frequently in the demo. But in the first game they drop fairly frequently.

You can press R1 in inventory.

Great news. What did the cosmetic's look like in D1? Did it make players stand out or is it just subtle changes?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
So Black tusk variety :

Normal dude.
Medic dude (apparently dude can revive other dude ?? "Don't move you are bleeding" Then another red bar dude pop up next to medic dude)
Robo dog.
Robo vacuum-cleaner.

Robo sniper? Because this one's attack hurt so much. We're talking about full armor full health to no armor a liiiiitle bit of health in one shot here, goddamn.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So Black tusk variety :

Normal dude.
Robo dog.
Robo vacuum-cleaner.

These should be the official names.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. What did the cosmetic's look like in D1? Did it make players stand out or is it just subtle changes?

I didn't get that deep into it but they had a number of cool costumes. Still they also had to kind of make sense in-world so relatively tame for the most part. I was mainly in it for the cool beanies.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The game runs great on PC and looks incredible in 3440x1440 ultra settings. It's pretty clear this game is made for people that have buddies to play online with, though (I didn't play D1). As a solo player, I found the matchmaking in Anthem to be far preferrable to this game. Every single random I played with during this beta just ditched midway through quests, or plain stopped following the crew. That said, I had fun with the game, it's just clearly not made for solo players in mind, and that's ok. Hope everyone else playing this game is enjoying it.
The game literally scales every single activity outside the raid and the dark zone to party size. So it can be played entirely solo without any problem at all.
In fact I am gonna play basically the entire story and such exclusively by myself, like I did with Division 1.
I don't really know a game like this that is more solo friendly.
Btw I also played the entirety of Anthem by myself but you can't do Anthem strongholds alone so I skipped those.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing I'm really impressed with is how good the enemy AI seems to be. With flanking and using actual tactics. Or waiting to rush you until you are low.