• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
Can somebody help me to fix this game:

I do start the Division 2 Beta from the uPlay Plauncher and I cant even get the Fullscreen by Alt + Enter it only crashes, I can only see the inGame Cursor and the Game Sound, everything else is black and crashes, any fixes?

Newest driver etc. is on Board

System:

Core i7 6800K
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16 GB DDR4 RAM

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

I do start the Division 2 Beta from the uPlay Plauncher and I cant even get the Fullscreen by Alt + Enter it only crashes, I can only see the inGame Cursor and the Game Sound, everything else is black and crashes, any fixes?

System:

Core i7 6800K
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Got MSI afterburner or something like that on? If so, turn it off. Turn off all background applications you don't need in general.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
This game looks pretty bad on PS4pro for some reason. Textures won't load all the way in certain areas, looks a bit washed out at times too. Think I'm gonna go PC for this one

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Man. This is a piss poor solo third person shooter. Enemies spawn out of nowhere and the cover is so poorly placed, it's unreal. I've probably died about five times trying to take this control point because eight guys magically spawn behind me and shoot me in the ass. The cover doesn't feel properly placed in the environment to give the player a chance.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Really fun game made it to level 4 but my eyes couldn't survive playing the full game. Ubi did a great job with the UI options in the ps4 version but even with text set to large and black background enabled I had so much trouble reading the text playing on a 720p 42" plasma.

MrTex

Dec 15, 2017

System:

Core i7 6800K
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16 GB DDR4 RAM

I have the same system. I have no problemas and i have played closed, technical test, and open beta. Something else is going on

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
...it's a beta, duh?

You keep making snide comments to anyone that brings this up, but do you have any proof hard mode will be available from the start? I understand it was this way in the The Division 1, however, games change things in sequels all the time.

It's not even as if hard mode is missing from the beta, it's simply not playable until you finish the mission first.

Last edited:

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or does this game look washed out and like there is a layer of fog over everything?
Are there some settings which give a sharper image? (Playing on PC, GTX 1080 in 1440p)

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Finally got around to the invaded mission. It's a ton of fun. But damn people need to learn how to take cover! So many teammates would just try to run and gun and would get destroyed. Took like 4 attempts to get through the mission, with people dropping out because we kept dying.

I've now tried out the crossbow and the sniper rifle specializations. Gonna play again and try the grenade launcher.

Last edited:

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
You keep making snide comments to anyone that brings this up, but do you have any proof hard mode will be available from the start? I understand it was this way in the The Division 1, however, games change things in sequels all the time.

It's not even as if hard mode is missing from the beta, it's simply not playable until you finish the mission first.

Story missions in TD1 had the option of normal or hard from the beginning, no reason for it to change in TD2.

It was also never worth running the campaign missions on hard difficulty, because the missions took 3x the time with marginal XP and the loot before level 30 isn't worth the extra effort.

Play story missions on normal, get to level 30, unlock endgame and world tiers, and then up the difficulty.

DeadbeatDisco

Feb 26, 2019
I say this as someone who has over a thousand hours of Division 1 and enjoyed his experience... I don't think it can be understated just how much the setting holds this game back. I cannot tolerate shooting guys in hoodies anymore, even the new faction which admittedly has a robot dog (EXCITING!) could not be less appealing. The movement feels clunkier than 1, the gunplay is fine but nothing special, just like before. The cover system feels surprisingly finicky to me. The mission design is as uninspired as Anthem and it makes repetitiveness apparent right away. This feels like it should be an expansion.

The UI on PC is atrocious its maybe the worst I've ever seen and that's saying a lot because Anthem just came out last week. The structured PvP modes are seemingly just as bad as they were in the first game. The characters are still bland, soulless mannequins who feel like they had all their personality test screened away, Which if i'm being honest that feels like a Ubisoft thing. I cannot believe the first mission ended with killing a guy on a rooftop in hockey pads, nobody saw that coming.

The loot system seems competent and the cosmetic customization is still boring, I really don't know who thought puffy jackets, beanies, and a assortment of pants was appealing in a loot game but I digress. I'm excited about the Dark Zone changes and interested to see how those works out in a live environment and with that being said they can talk all they want about what they plan to do about cheaters on PC (which they also did before the launch of 1) but its still going to happen and there's not really much they can do about it, they just have to mitigate it as much as possible.

One last thing, i'm concerned about how matchmaking and the setting might hinder the mechanics, boss design, and complexity of the raid. I think the setting puts them in a box when it comes to raid design and i'm interested to see how they handle that. All the bosses in Division 1 sucked.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's on the southwest portion of the available map. There's a yellow circle with an arrow indicating underground access. There is actually two right next to each other. The one I went in was the western most access point. I spent like 15-20 minutes messing around down there. You will know what makes it scary when it happens lol
I've been loking for this for ages. I can't seem to get anything to happen. Its just an underground area with some loot.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Story missions in TD1 had the option of normal or hard from the beginning, no reason for it to change in TD2.

It was also never worth running the campaign missions on hard difficulty, because the missions took 3x the time with marginal XP and the loot before level 30 isn't worth the extra effort.

Play story missions on normal, get to level 30, unlock endgame and world tiers, and then up the difficulty.

My partner and I don't do it for the reward, but for the challenge. We don't enjoy breezing through a game, and if they're going to make normal trivial by nerfing things, we'd rather play on hard.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
I've had literally 5 mins go on this...I wasn't going to grab it but ...well. In the 5 mins I played...It was enough to convince me of a purchase 110%. On PS4 Pro, 4K TV the image is really really clean and sharp! Super impressive whatever technique they're using! I noticed the pop in people mentioned but IMO its no worse than every other openworld title apart from RDR2 but this is showing vastly more detail *EDIT (than any other openworld title apart from RDR2). Really is insignificant...Gunplay is really nice...controls well. LOL I know "You sure was only 5 mins?!" Yes, yes it was...Excited for release!

Last edited:

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

It was available in the private beta. So unless you have any reason to be it was removed from the game in the meantime just because it's not in open beta, stop with the FUD.

Winter-John

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Really fun game made it to level 4 but my eyes couldn't survive playing the full game. Ubi did a great job with the UI options in the ps4 version but even with text set to large and black background enabled I had so much trouble reading the text playing on a 720p 42" plasma.

I tried changing the options but even on my 1080 TV it's a blurry mess. I don't understand what they were thinking.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
It was available in the private beta. So unless you have any reason to be it was removed from the game in the meantime just because it's not in open beta, stop with the FUD.

It was? We tried to change the difficulty in the private beta and it wouldn't let us until we finished the mission.

You gotta stop being a jerk to anyone criticizing or questioning certain aspects of the game, it's unbecoming.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It was? We tried to change the difficulty in the private beta and it wouldn't let us until we finished the mission.

You gotta stop being a jerk to anyone criticizing or questioning certain aspects of the game, it's unbecoming.

I'm not trying to be, but honestly, people try the very beginning of the game and moan about how it's super easy and casual and how it's not going to present any challenge, and that's all based on a very limited slice of a game that is a sequel to game that had super modular difficulty.
It's very hard to take these hot takes seriously.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I've had literally 5 mins go on this...I wasn't going to grab it but ...well. In the 5 mins I played...It was enough to convince me of a purchase 110%. On PS4 Pro, 4K TV the image is really really clean and sharp! Super impressive whatever technique they're using! I noticed the pop in people mentioned but IMO its no worse than every other openworld title apart from RDR2 but this is showing vastly more detail.

huh? gotta be kidding me, this is far worse pop in than other open worlds... clean and sharp? sry but just lol...

and more details than RDR2? no, just no

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How does the DZ work exactly?

I tried going rogue. I held down T (PC) and it activated. I went around hacking things triangulating the location to somewhere called Thieves Den.

Killed a couple of players. Got to 100%. Three doors appeared.

I went to one, and all it had was a tiny loot cache.

Ran around and killed a few people, died a few times. Sometimes I couldn't go rogue, pressing/holding T did nothing. I saw not marker for a cool down. I'm a bit lost.

Is there a decent guide to this that anyone knows of? I think I'm having fun but I'm pretty sure I'm not understanding how it works properly....

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Last night, before bed, I decided to go underground; it turned into a high octane horror moment. I was not expecting that 😰😰😰
So we have scifi?
Finally got around to the invaded mission. It's a ton of fun. But damn people need to learn how to take cover! So many teammates would just try to run and gun and would get destroyed. Took like 4 attempts to get through the mission, with people dropping out because we kept dying..

Every teammates i encounter do the run, gun and rush technique and always get washed by the cpu. Seem like some play it like a first person shooter and dont bother with the cover mechanics.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
What I don't understand is if they have the technology for futuristic holograms (echos) and stuff like robot dogs how come we don't have cool futuristic weaponry and gear? I love the hell out of how this game plays (minus the clunky skills which can be fixed) but man does the atmosphere and weapons/gear hold it back. Its just so plain Jane compared to the competitors. I was looking at the exotics and the one revealed patriot set and the appearance of the items doesn't appeal to me one bit. That's the only thing holding me back from going all in with this game.

Arcadia

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
England
Got to love this thread.

This game is great fun. This game is really disappointing.

Plays fantastic. An unplayable piece of garbage.

Graphics are great + HDR looks stunning. HDR is awful and looks like a PS2 game.

Etc.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

System:

Core i7 6800K
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16 GB DDR4 RAM

I had the same problem. Turning off afterburner fixed the problem. Turned it back on and the problem was again there

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
main problem on PS4Pro, good to see that it is also on Xbox One X despite claims this version would be fine...

so, yeah, Massive has clearly a problem with the awful texture streaming in this game

It's a bug on Xbox. I had it happen to me once as well. No texture was properly loading. Restarted the game and everything was fine again.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Does match making for specific missions actually work on PC? Mine just sits there forever without anyone joining.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying to be, but honestly, people try the very beginning of the game and moan about how it's super easy and casual and how it's not going to present any challenge, and that's all based on a very limited slice of a game that is a sequel to game that had super modular difficulty.
It's very hard to take these hot takes seriously.

I don't mean to come across that way, but we've been burned before and this is actually a game we're looking forward to. We're just not keen on buying two copies of The Division 2, only to be disappointed. It already happened with Destiny 2.

We enjoyed what we played of the private beta so we are hoping to get more of the same from the full release.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
You need to be able to voluntarily jump in this game. I got stuck in a corner trapped by obstacles and couldn't vault over a knee-high wall because the game wouldn't let me. Had to quit and restart the game game
I don't mean to come across that way, but we've been burned before and this is actually a game we're looking forward to. We're just not keen on buying two copies of The Division 2, only to be disappointed. It already happened with Destiny 2.
Agreed. This feels more like an upcoming Division 1 DLC then a new game. And I think we know now that what you see is basically what you're going to get. Haven't played a game where it wasn't too far off from the beta/demo.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. This feels more like an upcoming Division 1 DLC then a new game. And I think we know now that what you see is basically what you're going to get. Haven't played a game where it wasn't too far off from the beta/demo.

DLC is a little reductive I'd say. It's a huge new world. It's a proper sequel that takes the framework of the first game and fleshes it out. I don't know what you expected if not this.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I know that Witcher 3 really set some high expectations for what DLC content is supposed to be, but to call Division 2 "just DLC for Division 1" seems little bit... hyperbolic?

Like... how one reaches that conclusion about Division 2?

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an anti swear option? It's really find the language overbearing for some reason. The odd swear word sure, no problem but the cursing in this game is used to cover up the horrible writing.
As US resident from an uneducated, pro Trump city... This frequent cursing fits in very well with the people I grew up around, the kinds of people that I personally believe the Hyenas and other low-tier gangs are modeled after. Notice, that the Black Tusks and higher (more organized / educated) groups don't curse anywhere near as much.

I'm not trying to say only uneducated people curse, but they definitely do more frequently, IMO... And the game would feel very weird without it.

It kind of sucks to have to wait to the max level to get any kind of a challenge. Lots of people wont make it that far because they will be bored and quit before then. On top of that, a lot of players will play it just to get through the campaign and never touch it again. The Division 1 had hard difficulty from the start, why can't this game?
"Why can't I start with endgame content!?"

How does the DZ work exactly?
I'm having the same issue. I asked yesterday and got no response. Anyone have any help?
I don't know... I actually have 100% NO IDEA.

Because I am not a TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING.

/s

What I don't understand is if they have the technology for futuristic holograms (echos) and stuff like robot dogs how come we don't have cool futuristic weaponry and gear?
Great point! We still haven't seen any of the abilities of the new Exotic weapons or gear, so who knows what we will see!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I know that Witcher 3 really set some high expectations for what DLC content is supposed to be, but to call Division 2 "just DLC for Division 1" seems little bit... hyperbolic?

Like... how one reaches that conclusion about Division 2?

When people say stuff like they basically just mean the game feels really similar without as many as many new features or the graphical jump they expected. It's really just a provocative say of saying it feels too much like the first game again.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It kind of sucks to have to wait to the max level to get any kind of a challenge. Lots of people wont make it that far because they will be bored and quit before then. On top of that, a lot of players will play it just to get through the campaign and never touch it again. The Division 1 had hard difficulty from the start, why can't this game?
I just hope it doesn't scale like division 1, I had a 2 week break and couldn't do anything but sit behind cover and get revived because everyone was a higher level which meant the enemies could just 1 shot me down

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I wonder if it's when the dark zone is invaded and the rules are thrown out?

Those are "occupied DZs".

We have one more new feature on the list dedicated to our most dedicated PVP crowd. Today, we are introducing dynamic, server-wide events called Occupied Dark Zones. During these events, all expected Dark Zone rules change. The concept of SHD and Rogue are completely gone; you are simply a player trying to reap the best rewards in our most hardcore environment. This translates to no Rogue states, a limited notification system, friendly fire active, and no normalization, allowing you to utilize every ounce of your build.

While one Dark Zone is Occupied, the other two operate under expected behavior. These end-game events are designed to be some of the greatest risk/reward opportunities in The Division 2. Are you willing to accept the risks?

Thanks for joining us for today's Dark Zone improvements! There is still more information to come for our most dedicated Dark Zone players, so stay tuned. Be sure to join us over on the Official Forums or on the community Reddit to discuss today's article; we would love to hear your thoughts!
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso.../intelligence-annex-welcome-to-the-dark-zones

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the deal with the weird loot?

Like I'll open something, and get a calculator, or a teddy bear.

The fuck is this and whats it used for?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain the darkzone or link to a good video?

I'm going rogue and hacking things, killing people... but it all seems to be a bit aimless.