• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched some of this guys newer videos - used to watch him back when the first game came out, and man the guy just seems burnt out with The Division. Just no enthusiasm with talking about the stuff - which isn't surprising with how much content of one games he made. There was a thread on The Division subreddit which was echoing the same thoughts as me. In his end game video near the end he was saying stuff like ' he just doesn't care about video games anymore and what they do or don't, and 'if something wasn't right, then whatever it is what it is'. Any other recommendations for Youtubers?
I think he's aggravated because old bugs (which he helped spot) are back with a vengeance in a new release (which should in theory should be made with a codebase where those bugs were squashed)

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks fun, if I had a Beta code I'd definitely give it a try. Does the game have "matchmaking" of any sort? I don't really have friends that play this.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This world design and photo mode will be death of me. Also people say that graphics were nerfed from Division 1, really?

tomclancysthedivisionvok86.png
tomclancysthedivisiongfk1s.png

tomclancysthedivisionhokup.png
tomclancysthedivision4akfi.png
What's this? This is garbage selection, bottom of the barrel, you could not pick any worse.
The Division 1 looks miles better than this.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This beta is pretty fun. Game looks great, and I forgot how good The Division combat feels. I think i'll definitely be picking this up.

The game looks fun, if I had a Beta code I'd definitely give it a try. Does the game have "matchmaking" of any sort? I don't really have friends that play this.

If you wanna PM me your email I have spare friend codes and can send you one I think.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This beta is pretty fun. Game looks great, and I forgot how good The Division combat feels. I think i'll definitely be picking this up.

If you wanna PM me your email I have spare friend codes and can send you one I think.
Sweet! Thanks! I sent you a PM.. And then forgot to include email.. so I'll send another one in 149 seconds xD

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Counterpoint: Division 1, as much as I'm partial to the snow and slush atmosphere, looked FAR more repetetive environmentally than this game does. D2 has so much variety, it was a good choice for location. D1 looked VERY same-y in most areas.

I'll never knock the first games setting, because I absolutely love the snow and Survival is just amazing, but it's time to move on. I said this the other day on another site, I've seen more weather variety in the last couple of days of beta than I saw in the last three years of TD1. And, you're right, there is a ton more variety. Walking around in the sunshine only to have it turn to cloudy and then a a torrential downpour was pretty damn cool and felt anything but "uninspiring" as so many have claimed. And from what I understand most of the weather systems aren't even in or working right.

Before the start of the mission it's worth checking out the boundaries of the jefferson trade centre staying within the red line beta zone, I came across a handful of named npcs which dropped yellows as well as afew loot containers which again had some decent weapons stashed in. Items were capped at 350 so guess that was the max gear score.

It's been funny trying to see people run this like they're running a pre patched Striker build and getting wasted within a second :)

I didn't realize you could do it before the mission, I did all of that stuff after. Good tip! And I'm guilty as charged with the running in and getting wasted. Anyone who has a decked out character in TD1 knows the face tanking and how common that has become, but TD2 has really humbled me. I'm having to rewire my brain into to the new normal, which is always use cover and play smart. Every once in a while I still forget and just get shredded. That last mission, in particular, brought me back down to earth with how many tactics I'd use in the first game would straight up get me killed in the beta.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I was thinking about pre-ordering to try out the PC version, but I had to work today and I'm not sure tomorrow is enough time to form a solid opinion.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I looted a "Lubrication Gel" that i can use on the turret with 6k skill power but it doesn't seem to do anything?

Dec 4, 2017
London
The stats are really confusing this time round. I felt like in DV1 I could get a good understanding on what was going on with my build with the DPS etc. What the hell does the 'normalised stats' toggle do - it 'increases' stats manifold, but I don't know what it means. Plus if I have it on all my armour pieces seem to give the same value, whereas with it off they're different.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
That end game mission was hard as balls, made it through most of the way but people dropped and then I did as well.

So do you not get extra ammo for your speciality weapon? I used my crossbow bolts and then I was out the rest of the time. Can you not get more during a mission?

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
The stats are really confusing this time round. I felt like in DV1 I could get a good understanding on what was going on with my build with the DPS etc. What the hell does the 'normalised stats' toggle do - it 'increases' stats manifold, but I don't know what it means. Plus if I have it on all my armour pieces seem to give the same value, whereas with it off they're different.

'Normalisation' for gear applies to non-occupied Dark Zones and dedicated PVP modes in Div 2 as a balancing measure for PVP conflict, see here for further info. It exists for the same reasons in Div 1, but that game's UI conveys 'normalised' stats poorly outside of the Last Stand/Skirmish PVP modes.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest issue with the graphics is the lighting -- the contrast levels seem way off, doesn't seem tuned to the new weather options in the game. Objects appear too bright, too dark, all the windows in this game look pretty bad. Hopefully something they can continue fine tuning in the next month.

Heard several YouTube channels say they don't like the seemingly reduced skill gap in PvP. This true?

I just don't understand these complaints, they strike me as clinging to the old Division 1 stupid bullshit because that's what they knew and had mastered. I don't care how good you are at chicken dancing in the Dark Zone, it was not a fun PVP experience and was just plain stupid. Minimizing the amount of stupid exploits you can pull off is not "reducing the skill gap" because relying on macros and other stupid bullshit requires no skills.

And of course, I'm sure there will be twenty stupid exploits that players will find in the first week to exploit in PVP that will then be abused by the community until it becomes the new normal because that's generally how videogames work.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone else had horrible, single digit frame rates on the Xbox One X when in a group of 4? It starts out fine doing a Mission, but towards the end of a mission the frame rate just tanks and actually has paused since it was so bad. The other time, I was in a group of 3 and we were in the DZ. Everything was going fine but after a while, same thing, single digit frame rates. I asked the others in the game and they said they were also having bad frame rates. Anyone else having these issues?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else had horrible, single digit frame rates on the Xbox One X when in a group of 4? It starts out fine doing a Mission, but towards the end of a mission the frame rate just tanks and actually has paused since it was so bad. The other time, I was in a group of 3 and we were in the DZ. Everything was going fine but after a while, same thing, single digit frame rates. I asked the others in the game and they said they were also having bad frame rates. Anyone else having these issues?

i think that is the memory leak bug

Heard several YouTube channels say they don't like the seemingly reduced skill gap in PvP. This true?

they removed the instant health skill, and positioning is more important now since you pause to repair armor

it's not possible to tank two or more enemies hitting you now

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
And of course, I'm sure there will be twenty stupid exploits that players will find in the first week to exploit in PVP that will then be abused by the community until it becomes the new normal because that's generally how videogames work.
My money's on one of the specialized weapons being OP with the right build. That or people find a new way to face tank.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
After 13 hrs of the beta, I think I've got what I need to know from it.

Game ran surprising well on the base PS4, if you already like TD1 you will most likely like TD2.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Matchmaking is super easy and quick. You're gonna need a full squad to beat the endgame mission. It wasn't terribly difficult with 4 people, but would be impossible with 1 or 2.
I did it solo, so it is possible. It was by no means fun that way, though, so I would not recommend it at all.
Played the mission solo with the demolitionist. It was my first try and I died a lot. At one point I almost gave up. But the shotgun carried me through. This thing melted every armor and in the end it was quite fun.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reached the part where the game lets you choose a high level character then throws you to the same mission with no real differences on the enviroment where you did to turn on the network but at high level with different enemies....

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
The stuttering is so bad with this game. I tried lowering everything and it still stutters. Thais runs worse than Anthem for me

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Reached the part where the game lets you choose a high level character then throws you to the same mission with no real differences on the enviroment where you did to turn on the network but at high level with different enemies....

Thats standard for the genre. Missions/Dungeons/Strikes/Strongholds... every game calls them something different but they're all the same in that its low level group content that is recycled for endgame with harder enemies and better rewards.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's aggravated because old bugs (which he helped spot) are back with a vengeance in a new release (which should in theory should be made with a codebase where those bugs were squashed)
That's probably part of it, but it just seems like he's burnt out on the franchise but still needs to earn a pay cheque. He still shows a lot of good information, but It's just not a very good watch when the creator has basically mentally checked out, any other recommendations for Division Youtubers?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Spent a couple of hours with the beta and in that time hit a myriad of bugs, this thing feels extremely rough right now. And this is meant to be the 'polished' vertical slice being shown.

The sound bugs are terrible. Audio clipping really badly, completely silent gun fire and effects for minutes on end, or team mates eminating constant gun fire audio when not shooting. Had the mission bug out so you can't open the final door to complete it. Got stuck inside that room on another run. Also been match made teleported into a room that you can't get out of. Had AI stood in their T-Pose. The list goes on.

It's a shame given the game does feel otherwise an improvement over the first. Cautiously optimistic.

Jun 1, 2018
What's this? This is garbage selection, bottom of the barrel, you could not pick any worse.
The Division 1 looks miles better than this.
Yep I agree. Division 2 map design / colors look so off and blurry. The white snowy map design, atmosphere, christmas lights, sound wind design were incredible in division 2. division 2 is lacking in every aspect so far except gunplay