• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are the snipers on consoles?

I saw in a marcos video they basically all hardscope now which is.... not ideal

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
From what I've played thus far it's about as what I would expect from iterating from the first game and I've enjoyed the hours I've put into it thus far. The only thing that's kinda driving me a little crazy is how cumbersome/clunky my character feels when he's running and hurdling over things. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way? Especially when you compare it to the first game. It runs like a dream on my Xbox One X, albiet some framerate issues when a ton of NPC's show up on screen, aka Control Points.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've played thus far it's about as what I would expect from iterating from the first game and I've enjoyed the hours I've put into it thus far. The only thing that's kinda driving me a little crazy is how cumbersome/clunky my character feels when he's running and hurdling over things. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way? Especially when you compare it to the first game. It runs like a dream on my Xbox One X, albiet some framerate issues when a ton of NPC's show up on screen, aka Control Points.
Division 1 always felt incredibly clunky in terms of movement, especially parkouring over stuff. I feel like in Div 2 they've improved on it a bit. Still has that 3rd person clunk to it, but it feels a little better than I expected.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably gonna pass on this game. Imo it just doesn't feel good to play and I really hate some of the choices (core mechanics) in the gameplay. I really want a solid TPS but for me, this isn't it.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried out the endgame preview, had a lot of fun! Gonna preorder ASAP.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Had no problems whatsoever, im on ps4 pro and everythings been fine, Glad ive already pre ordered the gold edition.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Man did the end game mission on hard feel boring. I don't remember the enemies feeling this bullet spongey in the first game and I thought they were meant to have fixed that? The weapons feel like peashooters.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
They still haven't gotten more detailed about the "Year 1 Pass" yet, correct? It's still skins, early access to dlc, and "additional activities and more to be shared soon"? I think at this point I'll just going with the standard version. Skins and early access don't equate to $40 to me, but if Ubi were more descriptive about what you get in those vague statements, I may be more interested.

Judging by how TD1 did it, it's gonna include some cosmetic items, weekly cache drops and paid DLCs

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
this game...
Is not for me

I've decided to buy anthem instead. Maybe.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Wth???? I left the beta to downlod the 3 last GBs then I left the PS4 in rest mode. Now I reopened it and I found out it it restarted downlaoding the beta from scratch!!!!!!!

What happened?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by how TD1 did it, it's gonna include some cosmetic items, weekly cache drops and paid DLCs
They aren't doing paid DLC this time around like they did with TD1. All the DLC drops are free. So if you get the gold edition for TD2 then it's basically just paying extra for early DLC access + cosmetics.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Source?
That's good if true, I can just get the standard edition this time around.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-the-division-2-dlc-will-be-completely-free/1100-6459699/

One tidbit the company shared during the conference is that all three of the game's major DLC packs released during Year 1 will be totally free.

The publisher stopped short of definitively saying all DLC will be free, so there may yet be paid episodes post-Year 1 or perhaps cosmetic options purchasable in that period, but it's good to see the company committing to three, big add-on packs for no extra charge.

Those Year 1 episodes will include "story-driven missions, map expansions, and new modes." The move is very different to how post-launch content was handled in the first game; The Division received post-launch DLC packs, but you needed to purchase them individually or as part of a season pass in order to access them.

So they could do paid DLC in Y2 and beyond, but all the Y1 DLC is going to be free

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Try pressing alt + enter as soon as the game starts up to put it in windowed, that was the only way I could get into it the first time
Wow, that's really disappointing. I stopped playing the first game because of a very similar bug where it would only open in windowed mode using this trick... which also only worked some of the time. Guess I'm not getting the PC version.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has a extra beta code, I would really like to check this out. I wasnt going to, but now im super curious.

If I have time I will pre-order it tomorrow and try and get a code :(

Jswanko

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else have/having trouble downloading on PS4?

Cant find the beta from my PS4 and on desktop it wont stop "waiting" to download. First started trying a couple days ago. I've restarted my PS4 and stopped/restarted the download multiple times but it's still not showing in my main menu or even "Purchased" section of the library on my PS4.

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has a extra beta code, I would really like to check this out. I wasnt going to, but now im super curious.

If I have time I will pre-order it tomorrow and try and get a code :(
There are some listed above...

Anyone else have/having trouble downloading on PS4?

Cant find the beta from my PS4 and on desktop it wont stop "waiting" to download. First started trying a couple days ago. I've restarted my PS4 and stopped/restarted the download multiple times but it's still not showing in my main menu or even "Purchased" section of the library on my PS4.
Just search the store for the private beta and download it, if you can't find it by searching... Then go to the game page and it should be listed below.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked the endgame. Enemies pushing on your position, those tank mech things, having to shoot down enemy drones. more there than I expected.

Healing felt pretty good too.

Nablith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Has anyone heard anything about VOIP in the game exposing your public IP? A friend of mine mentioned it to me but I'm not seeing anything on era about it

Edit: it looks like this is pretty common for all online games with proximity voice chat. Someone made me scared for a minute haha.

Last edited:

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is legit. They perfected the shooting mechanics. It plays and feels so good.

Will get this over Anthem, which demo I also played but turned me away from the game. Day1 for Division

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
My wife and I just beat that invaded mission on hard, that was an awesome gameplay experience.

The new faction completely changed the feel of that mission. Their callouts, different classes and behavior is the complete opposite of how the Hyenas fight you.

Apr 8, 2018
Finally got around to playing some of this earlier. It's ok I guess. Gunplay is decent and the game looked and played great on the XB1X. Will probably pick it up on sale in the future, especially if I get Anthem in two weeks.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
A far far better experience than the anthem demo. It is very similar to Division 1 but the subtle changes are enough for me to dive right in. The UI needs some work though.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WELCOME TO THE DIVISION 2 BETA, AGENT

TCTD2_PrivateBetaJourney_NCSA_1548814085.jpg

Beta Rewards
  • When you participate in the beta, you get an exclusive weapon skin and a special reward when you complete the endgame mission.
Beta Progress will not carry over
  • To ensure that all players start the game on the same level and enjoy a fair gaming experience, the progress achieved during the Beta will not transfer to the live server.

Private Beta Email Invites
  • Players who pre-ordered and redeemed their code will receive an email confirming their Beta access starting February 6th at 9 am GMT, when pre-load is made available.
  • Some selected players who registered on thedivisiongame.com/beta can also start to receive their Beta access by email starting February 6th at 9 am GMT.
  • The process is different for every platform, so just follow the instructions in the email you get.

Private Beta Friends Invites
  • All Private Beta players will be able to invite up to 3 of their Uplay friends to join them in the Private Beta. Friends invites will be available on thedivisiongame.com/beta starting February 6th at 5pm GMT.
  • Players joining the Private Beta through a friend invite will not have access to this feature.
9FyGIQF.jpg

What can I do in the Beta?

Number of Agents, Character Customization, Level Cap
  • You are limited to one character during the testing phase. At character creation, you are able to cycle through pre-sets of customization features to randomize your Agent.

Beta Start
  • You will not start the Beta at the real start of the game, but a bit further down the road. You will be level 1 when you start and you can level up to Level 7.

Beta Activities
  • You start the Beta in the middle of the map and you need to establish your Base of Operations first: Take back the White House. Once that is done you can start exploring the map and visit the first Settlement. After that you can complete 2 Main Missions, 5 Side Missions and explore the Open World for dynamic activities and the collectibles.
  • You can also explore the Dark Zone. An intro mission that is PVE only introduces you to the Dark Zone mechanics without exposing you to PVP. When you return to the Dark Zone after completing that mission, you will face other players.
  • When you want to experience organized PVP you can join Skirmish, that is a 4v4 Team deathmatch mode. You can join Skirmish as soon as you unlock the Base of operations.

Peak into the Endgame

Invaded Main Mission
  • As part of the Beta, you will also experience endgame content in form of an Invaded Mission. This will be the Jefferson Trade Center and it will become available on Friday. But to access the invaded version of the mission, you first need to complete it in your normal "beta campaign".
  • Please note that this end game mission will be available starting on February 8 at 5 PM CET.

Test out the Specializations
  • Once you have completed the Jefferson Trade Center mission in your normal "beta campaign" (and it is already Friday) you can log out and select one of three endgame characters.
  • Each of them has one of three endgame specializations and this way you can also try them out and find what really fits your gameplay. From that point on you can log back in and play the invaded version of the Jefferson Trade Center and fight the Black Tusks.

latest

PvP

The Dark Zone
  • Dark Zone East will be available during the Beta. It is the largest of all three Dark Zones, players utilize long sight lines in over-grown governmental parks.

Unlock the Dark Zone
  • You will acquire the DZ East introduction mission from Senait Ezera - the new Dark Zone NPC in the Base of Operations—after completing Jefferson Trade Center. Completing this intro-mission unlocks full access to the Dark Zone and its features.

Conflict
  • During the Beta you also have access to organized PVP in Skirmish. This is a 4v4 Team Deathmatch. You can join Skirmish as soon as you unlock the Base of Operations.
  • This version of the game is not final and elements are subject to change.

Division2DarkZoneMap-noscale.jpg

If you have never played PVP / Dark Zone in The Division... Here is a little tip.

trust-nobody-not-even-yourself-32514410.png

BETA KNOWN ISSUES
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1991597-The-Division-2-Private-Beta-Known-Issues

ERA DIVISION DISCORD
[Hidden content]

Thanks to JokerUnique on The Division subreddit for the information listed, he made this beta OT extremely easy.​

Replying to get in the Discord. Really liked what I played so far.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I haven't played the beta yet, but does anyone have a summary of UI / Inventory improvements?

I always liked the inventory UI in The Division for the most part, but there were parts of it which were always annoying / confusing / frustrating, especially around weapon attachments.

For example, it was a pain in the butt to compare your current weapons to new weapons, because your current weapons had attachments which boosted attributes, and those attachments would go to the new weapons, but the comparison UI didn't have a way of showing any of that.