• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this still playable off the external HDD on Xbox Series, or is it treated as a current gen game that's gotta be on the internal SSD?

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna play it from Internal anyways... Those loading times on One X were killing me.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Game says i havent played in over 700 days.

How lost am i going to be with all the new crap added over the past couple years? lol
It's easier than ever to jump in-they simplified gear. Head on over to the Gear 2.0 Of War OT and read through. Basically, play DC until level 30/world tier 5, then do the Wony expansion up to level 40. At that point, the previous advice in this thread to get optimal gear apples. That same OT has a thread mark for meta builds too.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Upgrade in the title I feel is a bit misleading. This isn't an upgrade, it's an unlocked res cap and frame rate on the last gen version. No settings or where touched or optimizations done. Borderlands 3 was an upgrade, this is just a last gen update.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Loads super quick on the internal SSD for XSX.

60 FPS is nice and smooth, probably go back to this now and drop PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Man. This game looks and feels so much better at the higher resolution and 60fps. I feel like there's some areas with drops (near the BoO, some social spaces, etc.), but in general, it's a great upgrade. Definitely feel my accuracy going way up (I was nearly 70% on console this am cleaning up my Time Trials).

Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't they label this as a "Optimized for Xbox Series X game" given that 4K/60 FPS isn't possible on Xbox One (or X)?

Have there been many sales regarding the New York expansion on Xbox? I have everything on PC, not sure I want to double dip yet on the expansion given how much I've fallen off the series after being an avid fan.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I hope the streaming of assets have improved!
Played about an hour today, and I feel like it's better. I haven't noticed anything glaring (there's still some pop up in the distance, like a tree far away)...but stuff that's closer I didn't notice changing from low-res to high-res. It's hard to say if that's because of the new update, or just overall the Series X has been doing that stuff better already. Either way, it's a big step up for something that isn't a full overhaul.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Returned to the game, feels good and fast travel finally is really fast.
Still some pop in on assets and lod, it's r ally just a bump on frame rate and that's why they don't tag it as optimized for ps5 or Series X|S.

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
Just played a bit, a significant upgrade for sure especially with the framerate. The 4k visuals seem to accentuate what appear to be some checkerboarding artefacts (smudges). Some minor pop-up as well. But all in all this is a most welcome update for me (xsx)

Last edited:

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I finally played on Series X and the frame rate is smooth as butter (VRR and C9 combo). Visually its sharp as a tackl. I moved the game to the internal SSD since I noticed some pop in but I'll see if it makes a difference. Snowdrop is a great engine and I can't wait to see a proper next gen game built around it

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Upgrade in the title I feel is a bit misleading. This isn't an upgrade, it's an unlocked res cap and frame rate on the last gen version. No settings or where touched or optimizations done. Borderlands 3 was an upgrade, this is just a last gen update.

Yea this is really confusing. Thought this was a legit series X enhancements version. I expected to see the X/S in the corner of the game...

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Kinda just semantics at this point but yes, this was always intended to be another one of those "next gen aware" updates like Star Wars Squadrons and Fallen Order, Cyberpunk 2077, etc.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just fired it up on the Series X and am installing it on PS5. Man I keep repeating myself but holy shit do I love these new systems. Finally we're getting the PC experience with 4k/60 and it feels so good. Not only does it look great as it always has but the game PLAYS better because of the 60fps. It's way more responsive.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Looks and feels great after the update.

how do I get tokens for the Resident Evil event? I'd like to try and get Chris' outfit.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just fired it up on the Series X and am installing it on PS5. Man I keep repeating myself but holy shit do I love these new systems. Finally we're getting the PC experience with 4k/60 and it feels so good. Not only does it look great as it always has but the game PLAYS better because of the 60fps. It's way more responsive.

Haven't tried it myself but by the sounds of it it's not quite the PC experience of all it got was 60fps. From what I remember Division 2 was one of those games that had a rather large difference in settings between PC and console, especially for LoD and geometry detail.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Booted up the game and started a new character. This is so much better. I have no idea if 60fps will be enough to keep me hooked in the long run but it's enough to keep me playing without straining my eyes and that's a massive step up.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Haven't tried it myself but by the sounds of it it's not quite the PC experience of all it got was 60fps. From what I remember Division 2 was one of those games that had a rather large difference in settings between PC and console, especially for LoD and geometry detail.

Yeah it was for sure. The PC version was basically like a generational leap over even the X/Pro enhanced versions. I played a bit earlier and I am still impressed by how good the game looks on PC. I would love to see a new DF comparison between the PC and next gen consoles...

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Looks nice on PS5. Is anyone else getting audio lag? My PS5 is plugged directly into the TV and there's like a half second gap between pulling the trigger and the noise happening.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know the best HDR settings for an LG CX? It's infuriating that the slider doesn't have any visual indicator at all.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I was just playing this on my Xbox series X earlier today, the game was already really pretty on that one X, but now 60 FPS makes the whole experience very fluid and even better

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Anyone know the best HDR settings for an LG CX? It's infuriating that the slider doesn't have any visual indicator at all.

If you have access to Battlefield 1 it has an HDR adjustment tool (0-10000) and image that is very easy to use. Once you lock in the right number using it you can apply that to every game that asks for hdr setting from 0-10000 (luminance, I think?) on that tv. It's possible it may vary depending on the tv settings, but I've found the number is the same on both Series X and PS5 when using the same tv settings, which makes sense as this is about the max luminance of the display and setting the clipping point.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Remember too that this game has a FOV slider under gameplay settings. It's not the typical slider with 70-120, but I put it at about 12-15 for a wider better view.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I'd missed that announcement somehow. I need to download it on my ps5 and jump back in. I loved this game.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Feels great on PS5 and Series X. PC is still the best way to play but until cross play this is fantastic.

Wish they would do an actual next gen update though, push some LoD settings and whatnot. As well as use the SSD to their full potential.