• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
I think you need a season pass to even go to Whitetail this year. I don't ski but my family has been telling me that the prices are insane this year.

I bought a ticket for this week and one for next weekend. No discounts unless you want to ski after 3pm which is still 64$. Massanutten is 55 and they offer 4 hour passes but then you'd have to go to Massanutten.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to jinx it, but we're looking at some solid snow on Sunday...

Apparently it could continue through Monday too.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kinda useless if it all happens early on sunday and they clean it up before monday tbh

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there some kind of MoCo car club on Saturday afternoons or something? Last weekend I was on I-270 heading south when a new Toyota Supra popped up in my rearview mirror, followed by 6 or 7 other sports cars, flying by and weaving in and out of traffic like madmen. Then about a minute after that, 2 Porsche GT3s raced by. I like driving fast but in that heavy traffic I was surprised to see people being so reckless. They were doing at least 100 mph at points.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Fuuuuuck snow. Hope it ends up being a dud like so many storms that have been predicted.

Is there some kind of MoCo car club on Saturday afternoons or something? Last weekend I was on I-270 heading south when a new Toyota Supra popped up in my rearview mirror, followed by 6 or 7 other sports cars, flying by and weaving in and out of traffic like madmen. Then about a minute after that, 2 Porsche GT3s raced by. I like driving fast but in that heavy traffic I was surprised to see people being so reckless. They were doing at least 100 mph at points.

There are a ton of clubs in the area so yea probably.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I am both looking forward to this and not looking forward to this. I want to see snow, but it's not like being stuck inside is a novelty these days.

Commanderbuck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to live off Rockville pike and they would meet at the parking lot by my apartment. it was crazy how many folks would show up.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017

I guess I shouldnt be surprised that people kept meeting up but its been like a decade since Ive been to car meets in Rockville. Always going to be some idiots there. Also, whos ready for some snow in NOVA.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Copped a Scion FR-S today. Sad that I won't be able to drive this weekend because of all the snow we should be getting in Baltimore.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing yet in Baltimore. The clouds are full of it though. Not taking my chances on a morning drive.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as people keep driving all day there's going to be no accumulation on roads. See you at work tomorrow.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much a bust north of DC. I'm currently experiencing a "fine, icey mist". I think I have maybe 4" of snow. Supposed to get 1-2" more, and then it's done.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
My worked freaked out so now I have to do other people's work from home. And nothing.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Things looked fine at 4pm yesterday, we only got a couple inches. But then everything froze overnight so it was a little dicey getting out. Main roads are fine though.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Perfectly acceptable snowstorm in Annapolis. 3-5" on the ground which is plenty for sledding, tossing some snowballs around, school's closed, and honestly, not so much that the roads are a complete mess that will take a week to fix. 8/10.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
It is like a half-step up from slurries here in SS, it was a bit heavier though.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday while turning, the car started slipping and slid towards a curb and ironically the snow saved me. The plowers piled enough snow by the curbs that it cushioned the slide. I was getting ready for curbed rims and messed up alignment.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what is weekend snow?? what is that? what is that useless thing? :P

btw, fences still up at the capitol and it's, uh, getting weird and annoying

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down with snow now that I got my mom her vaccination shot last week.

Overnight most of our region was upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning beginning Sunday morning at 3am and continuing until noon. (Winter Weather Advisories in purple).

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
So I just moved into an apartment in Gaithersburg with natural gas heating for water and the oven. I set up service with Washington gas but when I got to the apartment yesterday I wasn't getting service. I called and they said they would send a tech (from 6 pm to midnight) and no one came. Does anyone have any advice on how to get in contact with them quicker than calling the normal phone line (which I waited on for two hours yesterday)?

I just want to be able to take a warm shower and maybe cook something.

Jun 10, 2018
Last time I was unprepared but this go around I have a 50 lb of salt ready.

Just hope this time there's no rain. That's what really made the snowfall awful last time, as everything was frozen by the following morning.

xero273

Jan 12, 2021
Apparently, this wednesday night we are getting something again. Probably nothing again though.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
round 3 baybee

i expect nothing; again

especially because it starts mid day tomorrow so people will drive through it and keep roads clean

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Drove out to my brother's house near Urbana, MD today. The drive there and home wasn't much of anything. Looks like this shit is on pause for a couple days.

How the fuck are you gonna make a DMV OT without including the food of our people?

o.jpg
I could go for a 5 piece with fries. Mumbo sauce, salt pepper ketchup on everything

yeah i was about to flame them but richmond is basically like georgia in terms of distance lol

Yeah only NoVa counts.