• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019

She rose to prominence and fame thanks to YouTuber Fatima Lakhani .

Now she's being shown on Good Morning America.

I hope she gets a raise. Standing in the sun in that outfit must be torture

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
those who find joy in chewing scenery are allies of mine

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
"give me compliments!"

Seems like Disney always has one of their character actors in the spotlight. It was Peter Pan, then Gaston, and now this. Makes you wonder how they find people willing to try this hard for a theme park.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw it recently and I can't imagine her not enjoying the ever loving hell out of her job, this is such a dream job.
Snubbing people constantly and getting paid has got to be great.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
She's pretty good! To be fair, most of the character actors have hilarious interactions with the public.

Gaston is still one of my favorites.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
"give me compliments!"

Seems like Disney always has one of their character actors in the spotlight. It was Peter Pan, then Gaston, and now this. Makes you wonder how they find people willing to try this hard for a theme park.
That video of Gaston being challenged to push ups by a rando and then completely demolishing him is still one of the best things.

Edit: Dammit, Keym lol

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"give me compliments!"

Not hard.

Hell, employees cried when they were told they were chosen to work in Galaxy's edge. They look for the hardcore fan.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Which of the performers earn more money, Universal or Disney World? They are probably not getting paid enough, either way.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disney exploits these people just like video game companies exploit hardcore fans to come work for them for almost nothing.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
probably not

These aren't livable wages, as I posted above, about 3/4 of Disneyland employees can't afford rent.
That's shocking. It's always depressing when you see a company making billions upon billions not managing to pay a pretty small number of staff like this a decent wage. Bring them into the fold and share the wealth. Even just a little and it would change their lives.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
"give me compliments!"

Man, you haven't seen a fan until you see a diehard Disney fan.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
She is amazing. Never saw this. Love how she gets into the role. Hope good things come for her after this.

I once read that people who want acting careers try the Disney character route as a way into the field.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
The Evil Queen is solid, but there is a clip of Peter Pan just wrecking her. It was what Kingdom Hearts should have been!

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
This is basically the easiest way to get SAG membership that's part of how they get people willing to work for relatively low wages.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
probably not

These aren't livable wages, as I posted above, about 3/4 of Disneyland employees can't afford rent.

Disneyland = LA
Disney World = Orlando

Your article was about land and cited annual salaries as $37k/year. The issue there is LA and housing costs.

$25k/year in Orlando is not a lot of $$$, but it is about 48% above min wage. You can also get a new build home in the area for $250k, which is affordable for a household making $50k/year. Something you'll not find in LA.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Equity performers get paid much better than the actual Meet and Greet characters. Equity performers are usually on the Castle Stage, and in Parades.

It's a shame because the Meet and Greets and there with people all day making individual magic and they really need to be recognized.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
You can also get a new build home in the area for $250k, which is affordable for a household making $50k/year.

Uh....if you have no other bills, no kids, no taxes, cook everything you eat, and manage every $ you spend...

Then maybe. It would take 1 1/2 weeks pay just to pay the mortgage payment (assuming insurance/escrow included). If you're single/a couple it would be a challenge, but you might could pull it off.

I wouldn't recommend buying a $250k± house unless your household income is $100k/year.

Last edited:

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Uh....if you have no other bills, no kids, no taxes, cook everything you eat, and manage every $ you spend...

Then maybe. It would take 1 1/2 weeks pay just to pay the mortgage payment (assuming insurance/escrow included). If you're single/a couple it would be a challenge, but you might could pull it off.

I wouldn't recommend buying a $250k± house unless your household income is $100k/year.

Rule of thumb (SF excepted here) is 33% or less of salary to mortgage or rent is affordable.

50k income (assuming household of 2 earners) is 4167 gross/month. A $225k, 30 year at 3.25% is $979/month. At 3.50% it is $1010. That's closer to 25% of income. It's also cheaper than avg rent in Orlando.

Your fully loaded estimate of 1.5 weeks pay is just over the 33% mark, but not by much.

Unless I've done my math wrong (which is totally possible), you're not rolling in the dough with that income, but at Florida housing prices you're also not homeless.

As others have said, it isn't a lifetime job, but it is an entry point to better paying gigs. I know people who worked at the parks and none got rich doing character acting, but they enjoyed doing what they did and had decent mobility within Disney for other postings and promotions.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Her movements and facial expressions were so animated. Really felt like she came straight out of the film. Her lines were great as well, wonder if it's all improv.